If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duct Tape was kept in the garage and CFCA was still living at home when Caylee was killed and bagged and dumped. And the duct tape was still at the home because George used it 1.5 months later to hang up his Caylee is Missing posters at the family's meet and greet donation meetings.

That's how it was identified as specifically concluded coming from the Anthony home.

Actually I was quoting someone else that stated it was in the shed. Later noticed someone posted it was kept in the garage. Asked for a link? Haven't seen one posted yet but I'm behind reading the thread. My BBM in your post, I know she was living in the home but so was CA and GA. And, LA also had access. And I know the tape was discovered via a news taping at the command center that GA was running.

Asking for a link? On this thread? Wild speculation is being made on every piece of evidence disputed without a link.

Just asking for a link. Haven't seen that testimony. Someone says it was kept in the shed. Someone says it was kept in the garage. I don't know so I asked for a link. What about that is wild speculation? I don't understand.

Dr. Spitz has been investigating death for 45 years

OK, by my math and if Spitz never took a day off, he would have done approximately 3-4 autopsies a day at 2-4 hours per autopsy.

45 years * 365 days = 16425 days

60000 autopsies / 16425 days = 3.65 autopsies per day

Well we know he doesn't work every day as he has testified in many court cases and every one needs a break now and then.

So 60000 autopsies is BS, and so was his lack of recollection of an interview he did 3 days prior to testifying in the FCA trial.

Yes, Casey had been using the nanny for over a yr and a half. Lauren I think was the sitter, then the Grunds, then she used the Nanny excuse but she just took Caylee with her. Wonder why she wanted to take Caylee with her instead of leaving her with GA?

Very simple ... GA went to work at approx 2:30 and CA didn't get home until around 6. Who would have covered those 3 hours ?

OK, by my math and if Spitz never took a day off, he would have done approximately 3-4 autopsies a day at 2-4 hours per autopsy.

45 years * 365 days = 16425 days

60000 autopsies / 16425 days = 3.65 autopsies per day

Well we know he doesn't work every day as he has testified in many court cases and every one needs a break now and then.

So 60000 autopsies is BS, and so was his lack of recollection of an interview he did 3 days prior to testifying in the FCA trial.

Wasn't that suppose to be a rough estimate anyways? Does it make a real difference if it was 50000 instead of 60000?

What I meant by "in control of the situation" is that they were there because she asked them to be there (I know they were there previously to look at her work records).

I have never, in my life, met someone or imagined I'd hear about someone who is that far gone that she/he would invite LE into their tangled web and lie in their face when the truth is all around them. I just can't fathom someone doing that, inviting them to Universal to take them to her "office", I mean.. did she think they'd tell her they were too busy to go?

That is what I mean about not in touch with reality. How could she not have known that they were going to find out real quick she worked there? Why would she even invite that onto herself? IMO, she did so because she didn't realize what was going to happen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think YM called the Anthony home and told CA or GA that he was sending officers to pick Casey up to take her to Universal. I think it was CA because I think she testified that she had to wake Casey up and the officers came and got her and met YM and the other detectives there. I don't think it was like Casey saying, hey I'll meet you at my office. IIRC

Wasn't that suppose to be a rough estimate anyways? Does it make a real difference if it was 50000 instead of 60000?
Does it make a real difference if GA got gas with the old metal can with the duct tape on it, or used a new can, or didn't mow his lawn at all ? Not really, since it's not relevant just as Spitz' inflation of his autopsy count is not relevant.

O/T: Can someone tell me how to quote someone's quote and include the original quote. Lol did that make sense? TIA

I disagree that it was an exhaustive investigation before Casey's name came up, and that no one wanted to point the finger at Casey in the beginning... unless you're referring to the beginning by before the first 12 hours of Caylee being reported missing.

Casey Anthony was arrested within 12 hours of this case opening. 12 hours. I'm just not buying that LE did an exhaustive investigation and they were led to Casey.

It was actually more like 18 hours, but I'll agree that it seems like a short period of time before KC was arrested. UNTIL you think about what they spent those hours doing, and what KC was charged with. She wasn't charged with murder at that time. She was arrested for Child neglect, False statements, and Obstructing a criminal investigation. All of which are valid charges after spending the last 12 - 18 hours on a wild goose chase under the direction of KC.

Facts, with a sprinkle of my opinion.

Not exactly a drowning, but an instance of parents hiding their child's death.
Sorry, I still need an example of a drowning where the parent did not call 911 and made the drowning look like a murder by placing duct tape on the face of the child.

And I find this paragraph interesting from the same article ...

Often, mothers who kill their children dispose of the body close by, like in their backyard or even in their house, unlike in many cases involving fathers or stepfathers, who often discard the body far from home, Professor Meyer said. She recalled an Ohio case where a child died of a fever because the mother and stepfather did not take the child to a hospital. The mother agreed not to report the death, but wanted the body nearby, so they hid it in a crawlspace of the house.

How true in this case ... FCA first tried to bury Caylee in the backyard and then dumped her right around the corner.

Very simple ... GA went to work at approx 2:30 and CA didn't get home until around 6. Who would have covered those 3 hours ?

Casey herself?

ETA: I just figured out what you mean. Disregard my quote. Lol.

The story that CFCA was afraid of her parents flies completely out the window when you consider that for months she had been stealing money from her mother's account as was still living at home, and the final nail is watching her talk to her parents in the jail videos. We see temper tantrums, foul language, impatience, disrespect, a condescending manner, jeering at their tears, but we never see fear.
ITA - Those without a conscience don't have fear. How many nights did she sleep in that house after she had been bailed out KNOWING her child was in that swamp at the end of the street decomposing.

The only time I've seen her look scared was verdict day.

IMO, psychopaths and sociopaths exhibit behaviors that Casey hasn't exhibited. I know this term is loosely thrown around, but being someone who knows a lot in regards to mental health, I don't believe she suffers from this.

Okay great, so with your extensive knowledge in mental health I'm sure you've heard of Dr. Robert Hare, but for those who have not:

Robert Hare is Emeritus Professor of Psychology, University of British Columbia, where he has taught and conducted research for more than four decades, and President of Darkstone Research Group Ltd., a forensic research and consulting firm. He has devoted most of his academic career to the investigation of psychopathy, its nature, assessment, and implications for mental health and criminal justice. He is the author of several books, including Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us, and more than one hundred scientific articles on psychopathy. He is the developer of the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) and a co-author of its derivatives, the Psychopathy Checklist: Screening Version, the Psychopathy Checklist: Youth Version, the Antisocial Process Screening Device, and the P-Scan (for use in law enforcement). He consults with law enforcement, including the FBI and the RCMP, sits on the Research Advisory Board of the new FBI Child Abduction and Serial Murder Investigative Resources Center (CASMIRC), and is a member of the FBI Serial Murder Working Group. He also was a member of the Advisory Panel established by Her Majesty’s Prison Service to develop new programs for the treatment of psychopathic offenders. His current research on psychopathy includes assessment issues, developmental factors, neurobiological correlates, risk for recidivism and violence, and the development (with S. Wong) of new treatment and management strategies for psychopathic offenders (Guidelines for a Psychopathy Treatment Program). He and Paul Babiak have extended the theory and research on psychopathy to the business and corporate world, with the development of the B-Scan-360, a 360º instrument used to screen for psychopathic traits and behaviors, and a book, Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go To Work. He lectures widely on psychopathy and on the use and misuse of the PCL-R in the mental health and criminal justice systems. Among his most recent awards are the Silver Medal of the Queen Sophia Center in Spain; the Canadian Psychological Association Award for Distinguished Applications of Psychology; the American Academy of Forensic Psychology Award for Distinguished Applications to the Field of Forensic Psychology; the Isaac Ray Award presented by the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Psychiatry and Law for Outstanding Contributions to Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatric Jurisprudence; the B. Jaye Anno Award for Excellence in Communication, presented by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care; the Lifetime Achievement Award presented by the Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathy; the CPA Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology and the CPA Donald O. Hebb Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology as a Science. He is an Affiliate Member of the International Criminal Investigative Analysis Fellowship.

Ok, so let's use Dr. Hare's checklist for psychopathy, and then you can precisely point out which of these make you feel Casey doesn't fit the bill.

Hare's Checklist

1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example. >

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM -- an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR -- a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.

12. EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS -- a variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home.

13. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS -- an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

14. IMPULSIVITY -- the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.

15. IRRESPONSIBILITY -- repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

17. MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS -- a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.

18. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY -- behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.

19. REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE -- a revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.

20. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY -- a diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes.

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/narcissism/psychopathy_checklist.html

Totally Disagree. As to Dr. Vass and the other experts there are tons of post here on this thread that several fellow members explaining the air samples, etc. and how they were refuted. But, not alot have mentioned Dr. Jane Bock. So thought I'd contribute.

First this is from cross exam. by JA:
CROSS EXAMINATION BY JA OF DR JANE BOCK
She is from Colorado. Florida was the site of her PhD and has had individual research projects in Florida. Got her PhD in 1966 from UC Berkley. PhD work was looking at the distribution of water hyacinths up and down the state. She also studied the food habits of the tortoise in Florida from 1980 to 1990. She was also friends of Robert Long who wrote the first book on flora in Florida. She has used field guides to become familiar with thousands of plants in Florida in general, not for this case. Dr. Jane Bock testimony (PhD in botany) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Second, JA stated the hip bone was under 4" of MUCK and she suggested that a dog or coyote could have buried it, they do you know. ‪Jeff Ashton Chuckles at Dr. Jane Bock‬‏ - YouTube

So her studies in 1966 - that would be forty five years ago, plus some books and a chat with a friend, plus the off chance that a very very rare occurance of a coyote in this area qualifies to talk about plant root growth of a plant she was unable to identify that was growing up into the hair mat, into the laundry bag etc qualifies her as more of an expert? Then why was it that I who had actually read the evidence was cringing in embarrassment on her behalf.

And as far as coyotes? There are very plentiful in the area I live in all year around so I am very familiar with their habits. Edited to add a hint - if you love your cat and live in my area - don't let it out at night - you won't see it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror