If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
KC is the only one that knows how her child ended up dead in a swamp with duct tape binding her mandible to her skull. And she ain't talking. I bet she is laughing though.

I think she was counting on Caylee not being found at all...and once she was, and Casey was charged with capital murder, I am pretty sure her lawyers weren't letting her say anything and also, LE was not about to listen to any accident scenario at that point.
I respectfully disagree ... you don't dump a body 19' from the pavement in a location right around the corner from your house if you don't expect the body to be found. There are umpteen wooded areas and lakes that Caylee could have been placed in Central Florida and never found. FCA was charged with capital murder in Oct 2008; she could have come clean way before that and most likely been out of jail by now with time served and good behavior.

I respectfully disagree ... you don't dump a body 19' from the pavement in a location right around the corner from your house if you don't expect the body to be found. There are umpteen wooded areas and lakes that Caylee could have been placed in Central Florida and never found. FCA was charged with capital murder in Oct 2008; she could have come clean way before that and most likely been out of jail by now with time served and good behavior.

You put a body in the trunk of your car and leave it until it starts decomposing either. Try it sometime. It is not like taking a joy ride around town looking for a grave site. Casey was freaked out and wanted to dump body as fast as possible.

You put a body in the trunk of your car and leave it until it starts decomposing either. Try it sometime. It is not like taking a joy ride around town looking for a grave site. Casey was freaked out and wanted to dump body as fast as possible.
Really ? Then why didn't she dump it as soon as she knew Caylee was dead and not until the stench of decomposition had taken over the vehicle ? And look at her cell pings for 6/16 - 6/22 or so ... she was all over East Orlando ...

Really ? Then why didn't she dump it as soon as she knew Caylee was dead and not until the stench of decomposition had taken over the vehicle ? And look at her cell pings for 6/16 - 6/22 or so ... she was all over East Orlando ...

I believe the estimation was the body was in the trunk from 1 - 3 days - but my guess about why is probably the same reason she stole money from her friend Amy while Amy was away in PR. She didn't think about it and assumed she'd think of something in the next 10 minutes when she finally had to deal with it. This is not a woman who considers consequences when she acts, until it is too late. She believes she is smart enough to always come up with another lie to fix any situation.

I think she was counting on Caylee not being found at all...and once she was, and Casey was charged with capital murder, I am pretty sure her lawyers weren't letting her say anything and also, LE was not about to listen to any accident scenario at that point.

There was that rather cryptic message when she told Lee in her jail visit. IIRC Lee asked if there is anywhere he should be looking. Casey said "Look close to home, places familiar to our family"

I believe the estimation was the body was in the trunk from 1 - 3 days - but my guess about why is probably the same reason she stole money from her friend Amy while Amy was away in PR. She didn't think about it and assumed she'd think of something in the next 10 minutes when she finally had to deal with it. This is not a woman who considers consequences when she acts, until it is too late. She believes she is smart enough to always come up with another lie to fix any situation.
I personally think the body was in the trunk much longer ... in fact from 6/16-6/17 to the time she texted AH on 6/27 and said she had gotten rid of the thing that caused the smell in her car. But you're right, a pathological liar thinks on their feet and creates lies as they go. If they get stuck, they either deflect attention from themselves or just walk away.

I personally think the body was in the trunk much longer ... in fact from 6/16-6/17 to the time she texted AH on 6/27 and said she had gotten rid of the thing that caused the smell in her car. But you're right, a pathological liar thinks on their feet and creates lies as they go. If they get stuck, they either deflect attention from themselves or just walk away.

Agree re how long the body was in the trunk - I read all those reports over and over in the early days and still didn't come up with a fixed number in my mind - just that there was no doubt in my mind that it was there.

ITA. My issue with GA's memory is that he seems to be remember exact details of Casey's actions. He only has a problem remembering his own actions.

Over 31 days from the last time GA say Caylee, he was able to remember the exact clothing she was wearing. More importantly, he remembered the exact time he said goodbye to her. He did not say around 1 pm. He said the exact time. I believe he said 12:51. GA could not remember the exact time he left for work. He gave a 15 minute window then stated somewhere around then because he had to be at work by 3 pm.

IMO, not remembering the exact time he left for work is normal. When you do the same thing over and over, the details are not stored in your memory. Unless there is something out of the ordinary to imprint that in your memory, it it too general to remember.

IMO, that is my problem with GA remembering the exact time and clothing with Caylee. GA saying goodbye to Caylee, should have been no different than GA going to work. There should have been nothing to imprint the time and clothes in his memory if it was an ordinary, regular day. Yet he was insistent that he remembered the "exact" details.

Same thing with Cindy. All those phone calls. All those detailed lies. Yet Cindy remembered which detailed lies occurred during which phone call. Not once did Cindy state that she did not remember which date which story was told. She remembered everything.

IMO, the ONLY way they could remember the details is if they knew they would need to recall the details at a later date. So either they took notes or their exact memories are a figment of their imaginations.
BBM But it ended up not being a normal day. It ended up being the last time he saw Caylee. He probably played that scene over and over again in his head during the weeks he was missing her. Ask me what my husband was wearing this morning--can't tell you. Ask me what my sister was wearing the last time I saw her alive. I can tell you exactly.

I have no comments at all about the grief counsellor besides amusement and the knowledge that if I express myself I will get a T/O. If the "plant lady" had some understanding of the trees in the area and how and when they lose their leaves, and had some experience with plants growth during and after a lengthy flooding and has some experience in animals rather than tortoises, I may have been impressed. But I was not - I found her extremely vague and argumentative to the point of erasing any value her testimony originally had.

well i have something to say about the grief counsellor.... it seems i ate pizza last night, watched a movie, and laughed at a joke my daughter made... thanks to the grief counsellors testimony, i know today what I was actually doing was grieving about my much loved hamster who died while i was in 2nd grade - who knew?

BBM But it ended up not being a normal day. It ended up being the last time he saw Caylee. He probably played that scene over and over again in his head during the weeks he was missing her. Ask me what my husband was wearing this morning--can't tell you. Ask me what my sister was wearing the last time I saw her alive. I can tell you exactly.

Very good point! I think he was told early on too.
Cause he slipped when deposed and said black at first.
His mind went back to the last time he really saw her.
That bothers me!
I can't pass that off as an innocent slip.
but, that's just me.

(see photo)

Attachments

• black.png
    black.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 22
Very good point! I think he was told early on too.
Cause he slipped when deposed and said black at first.
His mind went back to the last time he really saw her.
That bothers me!
I can't pass that off as an innocent slip.
but, that's just me.

(see photo)

When I saw that, it sounded to me like he mis-heard the question and thought he was asked what Casey was wearing, so he started to answer that way. Then he realized he was being asked about Caylee, so he started over. I don't think there was anything sinister or telling about it at all.

The testimony wasn't that there would be trauma to the skull, the testimony was that there would be discoloration to the skull near the ear area.

That's what I remember, too. I do have to say I was unimpressed with Baez making a big deal out of Dr. G not sawing the skull open, if only because once the mandible is detached, it is very easy to see into the skull cavity.

Many, many people are fooled by psychopaths -- including the most accomplished psychologists/psychiatrists. I certainly do not presume that I know all of the traits of a psychopath - my understanding is that they are chameleons.

It is amazing to me how many talking head psycholgists/psychiatrists and laypeople have been able to diagnose Casey without ever examining her! :crazy:

Casey carting Caylee's body around for days, as I believe happened, has never made sense to me as part of any murder plot. I will never understand why she did that, and then eventually use such an obvious dumping ground. Accident or homicide, it does not make any sense at all to me.

As far as her clues to Lee, if that is what they were...she would have still used the nanny as the culprit if Caylee had been found sooner, saying that nanny was aware of these local places, at least up until it was proven that there was no nanny. And after that, it was too late for her to claim accident. She only decided on that excuse, IMO, this spring when trial was pending. But it does not rule out for me that it could be true. She just never thought, in her little self-obsessed brain, that she would really be tried for Caylee's death or that she might actually be convicted. When it became clear she would be, accident came in handy for her.

I think she was doing everything to avoid her parents knowing she caused or was responsible for Caylee's death, not out of fear of them, but out of her refusal to let her mother be right, proving what a lousy mother she was.

Because "she is so smart and full of energy" has the common sense of a tad pole and probably thought a body could sit for a week before something ought to be done. The stinch she smelled was so horrific I suprised she even got that far.

Because "she is so smart and full of energy" has the common sense of a tad pole and probably thought a body could sit for a week before something ought to be done. The stinch she smelled was so horrific I suprised she even got that far.

Ok SB, you made me snort water out of my nose with "has the common sense of a tad pole."

:great:

Yes I did. If you read what I wrote it was in response to IF there was an accident. I didn't say there was so you might want to go back and read the complete thread. As far as the jurors, it's pretty comical that you would say that since there have only been a few jurors who came forward and two of them haven't even showed there face so to assume that they were ALL interested in doing interviews and getting money is very far fetched.

Thanks, but I don't need any advice regarding what I should read. :floorlaugh:

I know the jurors didn't look at one piece of evidence nor did they read one document. They didn't look at the most obvious, the actual autopsy report or the the defendant's written statement. For someone who claims to have read the autopsy report and entertains the defense's BS, I guess you don't discount their ME who said someone came along, took her skull, reattached the mandible, then placed it back in the woods. Wow, and they even had the insight to match up the rare duct tape owned by the As. That body snatcher has some strange hobbies.

Every single juror that has spoken has proven what I thought all along. They are dumber than dirt and they're looking for a handout.

Since you like handing out advice I'll return the favor, reread my post. I didn't say ALL the jurors.

IMO

FCA's psychopathy would not predispose her to think that far ahead. She's a creature of the moment. She is not capable of such cunning, which is why she was busted in her sociopathy at age 22 rather than having a longer career of it.

Thanks to her mother, she's been able to avoid consequences with VERY little effort up until that point. She's never had to try very hard IOW, so dumping her child at her convenience is consistent with all her previous behavior.

I don't believe he was always truthful to CA when it came to working. I do believe that he had some sort of involvement with KH and he did borrow money from her to pretend he was working to CA. And, I do believe that part of the reason they were going to split up was because of all the covering up GA did, all the money he blew away, and he wasn't contributing to the household.
BBM - I don't quite understand this statement. I don't believe GA knew KH until after Caylee disappeared/died, so he couldn't have been borrowing money from her BEFORE any of this even ever happened.

I disagree that it was an exhaustive investigation before Casey's name came up, and that no one wanted to point the finger at Casey in the beginning... unless you're referring to the beginning by before the first 12 hours of Caylee being reported missing.

Casey Anthony was arrested within 12 hours of this case opening. 12 hours. I'm just not buying that LE did an exhaustive investigation and they were led to Casey.
It couldn't have taken LE more than 12 hours to discover that the nanny Casey insisted had taken Caylee didn't exist. What were they supposed to do? Oh, this lady is lying through her teeth about where her daughter is...hey, I know, let's investigate the rest of the family instead!

Well, as I've stated several times on this thread, I believed Casey was abused from early on. Her behaviour reeks of incest. I didn't just take that stance after JB's OS. However, the molestation is in the trial record. GA was questioned by JA about the molestation. Regardless of what was said during trial, I've always thought she was abused. Of course, JMO.
BBM - that means nothing as far as proving the claim. Baez was given a lot of leeway in the opening statements. That's the only place the molestation was ever addressed. You'll note it wasn't addressed in Baez's closing statements because nothing was ever brought out during trial to prove those claims. It means nothing and proves nothing to keep saying it's in the trial record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb