Who will make the most money? Includes various book discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC ends checkbook journalism, will no longer pay for interviews.

No more licensing fee.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...journalism-will-no-longer-pay-for-interviews/
The network will no longer pay licensing fees to sources involved in stories. “It was starting to distract from important work,” said Jeffrey Schneider, Senior Vice President, Communications, ABC News. ABC has been answering questions about this issue since it was revealed the network paid Casey Anthony $200,000 in 2008.

ITA ... It totally infuriates me when the Ants pull this ... there's no reason to even make a public announcement of thanking Flatts ... WTH ?? :banghead:

Well, we all know why they're making a simple thank you into a meet and greet, most likely complete with media coverage ... they are not going to let anything happen related to Caylee where they can't be running the show, nothing ...

Cripes they can't even donate shoes without notifying the press ... :banghead:

Please, please Florida State Attorneys ... charge these scam artist with the crimes they've committed !! Do something to them !! They need to be shut down, now !!

JMO, Cindy wants to direct the proceeds from the song to HER "charity" .. Caylee's "Fund" and use the song to promote HER "non-profit" ...[/QUOTE]
Bolded by me. TA. That was my thought she wants royalities from the song or for them to "donate." Scammers

I also agree she wants royalties for her own profit. I bet somebody in her and George's camp told her about how many musicians/bands donate royalties from songs at times to different charities.

My husband just called me and said someone offered Casey Anthony One Million dollars
to take a Lie detector test! LOL guess that wont happen

No one is going to apy her that kind of money, what good would that do, she can not be tried again, I think the world has better things to do with their money, their are people, children that are starving, and dying from lack of the proper medical attention, I can not believe how silly rumors start!!

No one is going to apy her that kind of money, what good would that do, she can not be tried again, I think the world has better things to do with their money, their are people, children that are starving, and dying from lack of the proper medical attention, I can not believe how silly rumors start!!
She'd beat a lie detector test easily because she is such a practiced liar. The only way to get the truth out of her would be truth serum... And she can be sued in a Civil Suit for Wrongful Death, Violation of Caylee's Civil Rights, just hope these are pursued...:praying:

They can't work,but they can run a non-profit and pay themselves?

How out of touch with reality are they,to believe they have public support?

It will not happen, they used the public once too often, and we all saw how Cindy lied to protect her daughter in a court of law, they can just dream on, and fade into the sunset!!! Their days of using the public are finished!! Even if she writes a book, it will make very little money by the time she pays for all the expenses, and who would want to read it, everyting was already played out for the entire world to see. even the Jaycee D book is not doing that well, if people really want to read things like that they wait till it goes to the Library, and you read it for free,

It will not happen, they used the public once too often, and we all saw how Cindy lied to protect her daughter in a court of law, they can just dream on, and fade into the sunset!!! Their days of using the public are finished!! Even if she writes a book, it will make very little money by the time she pays for all the expenses, and who would want to read it, everyting was already played out for the entire world to see. even the Jaycee D book is not doing that well, if people really want to read things like that they wait till it goes to the Library, and you read it for free,
:hand:Ummm, Wrong about that, there are backorders at Barnes & Noble for Jaycee Dugard's book, and it's selling for $20/copy hardback and they can't keep it in stock!!!!

It seems as everyone else may be making more money than KC...jmo
This is the scariest...

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/CASEY-ANTHONY-LATEX-RUBBER-MASK-EXT-RARE-/260823841484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba4ffacc"]CASEY ANTHONY LATEX RUBBER MASK EXT. RARE | eBay[/ame]

:hand:Ummm, Wrong about that, there are backorders at Barnes & Noble for Jaycee Dugard's book, and it's selling for $20/copy hardback and they can't keep it in stock!!!!
Exactly! 175,000 were sold the first day.

Jaycee Lee Dugard's memoir, "A Stolen Life," has been zipping off bookstore shelves since its release two Tuesdays ago.
Orders for new copies from Amazon.com are taking up to two months to fill. If that wait is too long, resellers at the website will sell you the tell-all – for nearly twice the price.

That was my thought she wants royalities from the song or for them to "donate." Scammers

If you are correct (and I suspect that you are, at least partially), then what this tells me is that anyone concerned about not supporting anything related to lining the Anthonys pockets had better be very careful when choosing which 'Caylee' things they will support. Said another way, the Anthonys will likely prove quite proficient in 'sniffing out' places where there is potential income for them.....even if it's tied to a song sincerely written by someone completely and previously unrelated in every way to the whole Casey Anthony mess. Yes, this is only one example of how low they will go, and how far and wide they will reach.

As for my comment about you being 'at least partially' correct, I think there's another reason they want to meet with the song folks, in addition to the one mentioned in your post. It must be clear to both of them by now that it's not just their daughter who is shunned and considered pariah. That said, they have some serious image rehab to work on, and meeting with these song writers/performers is simply another step in that direction.....quite simply a means to an end (an incredibly self-serving end, that is).

Yep, why kill only one bird with one stone when you can kill two?

As always, JMO.

ABC ends checkbook journalism, will no longer pay for interviews.

No more licensing fee.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...journalism-will-no-longer-pay-for-interviews/

Interesting. Thanks for the link. I found this quote from the article particularly intriguing:

According to Kurtz, Ben Sherwood, the new president of ABC News, “concluded that the cash-register approach to journalism was starting to tarnish the network’s credibility, even though the practice was relatively infrequent.”

"STARTING to tarnish the network's credibility"?!? He's got to be kidding. And he's the President. Wow.

It seems as everyone else may be making more money than KC...jmo
This is the scariest...

CASEY ANTHONY LATEX RUBBER MASK EXT. RARE | eBay

Oh my. Scary indeed. Must be to go with the pink shirt she wore on acquittal day (the one Macy's couldn't keep in stock in the days following the verdict) that some are expected to use as part of a Casey Anthony Halloween costume. Gag. Gag.

Who will make the most money?

Well.. Not Baez!!:floorlaugh:

RMT PR Management to bcc: me

show details 12:45 PM (4 hours ago)

To all who are concerned,

Please be advised that RMT PR Management does not and will not represent Casey Anthony or Jose Baez in any capacity. RMT PR Management sent an initial statement on behalf of Mr. Baez but has made the decision not to represent him. There appears to be a rumor to the contrary and the purpose of this email is to put that rumor to rest. Please refrain from spreading this misinformation as it is simply untrue and is damaging to my reputation. I appreciate your concerns, but in this case they are targeted at the wrong person.

Thank you.

RMT PR Management

:great:

(sorry if it's been posted)

------------------
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...r-his-client/2011/07/22/gIQAL0L1TI_story.html
Attorney for Casey Anthony says he is not negotiating paid interviews for his client
------------------------------

IMO - It's wordplay. It says right there in the dailymail article that interviews are not paid, so of course JB isn't negotiating for paid interviews. Therefore, they are negotiating for other things. I posted this in another thread:

So what's being offered at present? I bolded the words below to show a comparison:

http://www.wftv.com/news/28637794/detail.html

"There are no offers from anyone for books, movies, or interviews," Mason said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-tell-all.html

The networks, who claim they don't pay for interviews, are said to be offering to license photos and other material in return for big money.

Is he Mason going to also try to make money, he seemed a little more honest than Mr. B, and I never hear anything from the mother figure who hugged her all the time, except for the one time she was on Joy evening show.

I can't help but wonder how his other clients are feeling right about now (assuming that he has some). Or maybe my understanding of his activities and whereabouts is not correct. I'm under the impression that when Mr. Baez and Ms. Anthony walked out of the Orange County Jail together last week, that he was not returned to Orlando, but rather has been on this 'tour', for lack of a better word, having meetings with media folks, etc.

Is that correct? If so, again, I wonder how his other Orlando-based clients are feeling these days. Probably neglected.

If my understanding is not correct, would someone please advise me?

Is he Mason going to also try to make money, he seemed a little more honest than Mr. B, and I never hear anything from the mother figure who hugged her all the time, except for the one time she was on Joy evening show.

I don't have the answer to your question, but would venture a guess that Ms. Sims has gotten so much flak from that interview she gave on Joy Behar's show, that she's staying away from the media henceforth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weary