Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

Why was this report not filed and this agency not part of the trial? I cannot get over the disconnect in this case. It just makes me angry.

Agreed. This report contradicts FCA's assertion of accidental drowning, she was more concerned about LE trying to investigate her ... Them not searching for Caylee. Makes no sense and DCF was the best place to seek help if she was abused and Caylee died in an 'accident'. For FCA to be so focused on LE breaking her, defiance and the search for Caylee alive shows her absolute guilt.

Yes, and to now charge her with child neglect would not be double jeopardy b/c THIS FELON was never tried for this offense. It might be an ace up their sleeves

they can't charge her with anything that would use the same facts/evidence that was used in the murder trial. that has been stated in the lawyer thread somewhere.

maybe this wasn't used at trial because it contradicts the 1st degree murder charge? just thinking out loud here. haven't got a chance to read this thread. what has been confirmed? surely the prosecution had this no?

they can't charge her with anything that would use the same facts/evidence that was used in the murder trial. that has been stated in the lawyer thread somewhere.

Hey your right. But what do you think about the DCF report?Did you find it interesting?

My recollection is jb stating WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO CAYLEE, SHE WAS NEVER MISSING, SHE DIED WHEN SHE DROWNED IN THEIR SWIMMING POOL. (PARAPHRASING) Do not see how these type of statements could be construed as a "legal out"............:waitasec:

you may be wasting your breath...this is obviously a provoking set of posts... sounds like a familiar "literary voice"... if you get my drift :seeya:

Hey your right. But what do you think about the DCF report?Did you find it interesting?

i find it very interesting. i do agree with it. the first response that came to mind was "duh" :)

Seems like this is enough information for a civil suit to be filed... can someone else besides Caylee's Father file one? I have posted on the verified attorney post a question regarding whether or not GA and or CA can file since they were deemed to be next of kin by the courts... not that they would ...

Will there be a suit in civil court? Hopefully.

Wonder what the jurors think after hearing this?

I think it was more a casey idea of wanting freedom. Remember a counselor told Cindy to kick her out and she said she couldnt? Maybe she decided the counselor was right.
I think the only way CA couldve gotten any action was to call LE, tell them daughter was unstable and had Caylee and she was worried?
It seems like the "mother" has all the rights. Its not right. I think Grandparents should have some if they are supporting the grown kid and Granddaughter. JMO

It was their right and duty as concerned grandparents to reprt their daughter to DCF as soon as they could not talk or see Caylee. I had to do this years ago with one of my kids. It was a tough call but had to be done and boy did she hate me for a while. It all worked out in the end and she eventually thanked me for doing it and has a healthy, loving relationship with her kids.

Will there be a suit in civil court? Hopefully.

Wonder what the jurors think after hearing this?

Here's AZlawyers response to Hartsx3 question.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7017169&postcount=1144"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal Questions for our Verified Lawyers #4[/ame]

This DCF report coming out now is ridiculous, laughable, in other words Ludicrous. The court not only bent over backwards so DAFCA would get an overtly fair trial, the court did back flips. One of the reasons Caylee didn't receive justice and FCA got off is, unlike other trials of the same horrific scenarios, Caylee's Trial for Justice didn't have anyone on the side of the Victim screaming and demanding Justice. Yes there was Mr. Ashton and LDB and Mr. George but no Family seeking Justice for Caylee.
All the jokes aside about the KC Koolade, I'm starting to wonder if there really might be something in the water in Florida.

If you remember JB put forth a theory, not fact, that Caylee drowned in the pool . . ..If you watched the end of the opening statement, he entered a caveat; "However this may never be proved in this case.". ..which left him a legal out. Naturally he didn't have to prove anything.

Page 26. . . ..Cindy identifies Zanny's apartment in the Sawgrass complex.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20224558/detail.html

Sorta odd that the apartment belonged to Ricardo Morales and his roommate Amy Huizenga. . .who had babyset Caylee in the past. . ...connect the dots.

Re BBM - Link please!

AH said she NEVER babysat for Caylee in her LE statement or depo (both?) and I've never heard RM say he babysat Caylee. Since you are stating this as if it is truth - we'd like to see where the information came from.

Why would it be weird that there are pictures of RM's/JPC's condo around? CFCA dated RM and had pictures of Caylee and CFCA posted on different websites.

BTW JB also said we'll never know how Caylee died - some 6 weeks after the opening statement. Too bad the jury snoozed through the CS - they seem to remember all JB's relevant points in the opening.

Both of these Grandparents should be charged with negligence. There daughter left their home with their car and with the child they completely care for. There daughter had no job, no money. She stole any money she had. She removed their well-cared for grandchild and took no food or clothing for the child with her. These two geniuses couldn't figure out on their own how to find their grandchild and never solicited any agency for help in locating her. They could have called THEIR car in stolen and LE would have found their daughter ASAP.

Casey said she was moving out - the car belonged to Casey, but it was in her parent'a name, Caylee was Casey's child, not the Anthony's child. Casey did take clothes. Now, if your grown daughter moves out and takes her child, and doesn't visit or let you see the child, it's none of your business where she is and what she is doing and the police will tell you that, quick. With a car that smells like a dead body had been in it and Casey admitting on the 911 call that Caylee had been kidnapped - then and only then will the police pay attention. Remedial, really.

I want a good reason why this was never done and why they shouldn't be charged with neglect of the child. ANY concerned parent, grandparent, family member would not have taken 31 days (and longer if not for the circumstances) to look for a child who is with a mother who has no means of support and took no clothing for the child to wear.
You must know Casey said she was working. Casey neglected Caylee - Cindy called 911. How is this getting so completely skewed??

Come on....the Anthonys know something terrible happened and played their "Denial" game which is their excuse for getting out of trouble. No wonder they have an attorney, they are also also guilty....guilty of stupidity and neglect of a child. I am sick of putty-footing around this. Why didn't they go and find their daughter ASAP?? I don't want to hear the excuse.."She was with her mommy". Her mommy has no money and didn't bring any clothes for the child. We have given these parents a pass. They have been covering for that daughter of theirs since the first hour she drove off in THEIR car with Caylee with no food, clothing or money to care for the child.
They could have stopped her how???? In what world parents call the cops on a daughter who is taking her baby to where? None of the grandparents business, why? Not HER kid. Period. Casey didn't have to tell anyone anything about what she was doing or where she was going - there was no neglect or abuse filed with DCS prior - so no alarms. Casey said Caylee was kidnapped and then the cops got involved.

My thinking is that the report was released now because there is a risk that she could have another child or somehow become a caregiver for another child and abuse/neglect or kill that child.

When she was in jail, there was no point in dedicating scarce staff time to completing and releasing a report. She obviously couldn't harm another child while she was incarcerated.

Now that's changed. She could potentially put another child in danger. Since her location is unknown, it makes sense to release the report to make other child protection agencies aware of the situation so they will respond if they learn of her again being in a position where she might put a child at risk.

There was a case where I live of a young mother whose baby died. She was charged, but the charges were dropped after the preliminary hearing because they did not feel there was enough clear evidence to get a conviction. But the child protection report verified neglect/abuse. The next time she got pregnant, that report became evidence that was used to get a court order to have her child taken into foster care as soon as it was born.

Tink

grandmaj,
My reply to your post went floating into cyber space :) but I wanted to say I agree about CPS not coming forth sooner with this information. I am just livid! CPS should have been listed as a witness for the state. imo

My thinking is that the report was released now because there is a risk that she could have another child or somehow become a caregiver for another child and abuse/neglect or kill that child.

When she was in jail, there was no point in dedicating scarce staff time to completing and releasing a report. She obviously couldn't harm another child while she was incarcerated.

Now that's changed. She could potentially put another child in danger. Since her location is unknown, it makes sense to release the report to make other child protection agencies aware of the situation so they will respond if they learn of her again being in a position where she might put a child at risk.

There was a case where I live of a young mother whose baby died. She was charged, but the charges were dropped after the preliminary hearing because they did not feel there was enough clear evidence to get a conviction. But the child protection report verified neglect/abuse. The next time she got pregnant, that report became evidence that was used to get a court order to have her child taken into foster care as soon as it was born.

Tink

Your post makes some good points. I have a question though.Do these negative DCF reports go into some kind of national database that hospitals are required to check at the birth of a child? What I mean, is there a method to remove babies from their mothers before there is potential harm?

I don't know what to think, as far as any possible future children go...we see so many cases here where children are returned to, or never taken from, what are clearly horrible situations...I wouldn't put much stock in the idea that any future baby would be automatically taken from her, or even monitered, especially if in another state and/or some years from now...

Cindy did on the 15th, after finding her at Tony's, however, the DCF report claims that mom and dad confronted Casey on the 12th as well. That was before the car was discovered to be in the tow yard, before mom and dad knew about the smell and is obviously not correct information.

BBM - another piece of misinformation??? Either a typo by DCF or an incorrect statement by CA...the report has a few.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back