Casey To Serve One Year Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PO is going to make all the difference in the world. I've known people whose PO's would not report a dirty urine test, ignore drugs or other forbidden stuff that was sitting out in the open. I've known other people who have had that make surprise visits so regularly they are no longer surprises. Harrass family members. Follow them around and show up at family gatherings. Put their own spin on the rules to make them nearly impossible to abide by (i.e. "yes, last week I told you that job was okay, but I'm changing my mind. quit and find another one by "x" day or your going back to jail."

If she gets a PO that wants to get her in trouble, that PO will find a way to do it. If she gets a lazy PO, she'll get to do whatever she wants with few consequences. And it's also pretty hard to get a different PO if you don't like the one you have.

The PO is going to make all the difference in the world. I've known people whose PO's would not report a dirty urine test, ignore drugs or other forbidden stuff that was sitting out in the open. I've known other people who have had that make surprise visits so regularly they are no longer surprises. Harrass family members. Follow them around and show up at family gatherings. Put their own spin on the rules to make them nearly impossible to abide by (i.e. "yes, last week I told you that job was okay, but I'm changing my mind. quit and find another one by "x" day or your going back to jail."

If she gets a PO that wants to get her in trouble, that PO will find a way to do it. If she gets a lazy PO, she'll get to do whatever she wants with few consequences. And it's also pretty hard to get a different PO if you don't like the one you have.

Everybody say a prayer tonight! :rocker:

Are we allowed to find out who her PO is? I'm not familiar with the system.....

I guess it's about time for me to eat my hat since I didn't think JP would rule in favor of probation. However, I would like to apply for a stay on my hat-eating self-sentence until after we see what happens with the appeals process. I'm still kind of skeptical that she'll actually end having to do it. And she still will probably be given quite a bit of leeway on some of the rules because she is "in danger" *cough*.

I can see where they are not going to give out her address because I'm sure even if nobody actually tried to hurt her, there would probably be "protestors" and gawkers camped outside her door. But that makes it harder for the public to know that she is actually honestly serving her probation. Since she is hidden, the public will never know how many rules are being bent for her, even if she doesn't win a stay or appeal.

..the only "leeway" judgeP gave was that she wouldn't have to file an address.

..due to the "she's the most hated person "etc etc.....

( a poll that i'm seriously certain baez and cheney ordered up from E-Poll to bloster their -----look! she's hated!---in danger! ---she can NOT come back to orlando!
--well ---that backfired on them, b/c she's NOT the most hated person in orlando-----she's THE most hated person-- in the entire U.S.A. )

..even if we KNEW her address-----that wouldn't give us info on whether she is or isn't "honestly serving her probation".

..judgeP, in his order, said that the probation rules originally stated by judgeS would stand. ( included as an attachment to the decision.)

..i rather doubt that the probation office is going to "bend-----the judge's---rules" for kc anthony-----if anything, they are going to be extra cautious to FOLLOW the rules on this one.

..and not b/c the public will have a clue on whether she's complying or not-----but, b/c the DOC will.

..and there will be documented records to prove it.

The schools themselves do background checks before you can even take classes! This is MY local tech school's rules -

"Certain programs of study, including all Health Science programs, Criminal Justice, Early Care and Education, Human Services, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Massage Therapy and Nail Technician, require additional background check(s) prior to admission and/or registration for clinical classes. These checks may include Criminal Background Check (CBC), Urine Drug Screening (UDS) and specific immunization requirements. This is a MANDATORY process for identified programs and all associated costs are the STUDENT'S responsibility. "

link
http://www.hgtc.edu/int_y.php?pageid=34

"Conviction of, plea of guilty, plea of nolo contendere (no contest), or pending criminal charges involving the
following WILL bar admission to and WILL be grounds for dismissal from a clinical/field course of study:
Crimes involving violence against the person, including, but not limited to: murder, manslaughter, use of deadly force, assault
and battery of a high and aggravated nature, assault and battery with intent to kill, sex crimes, abuse of children or the
elderly, abduction, robbery;
Crimes occurring within seven (7) years of application involving the distribution of drugs;
Crimes occurring within seven (7) years of application involving illegal use or possession of weapons, including, but not
limited to: guns, knives, explosives or other dangerous objects;
Crimes occurring within seven (7) years of application involving dishonesty or moral turpitude, including, but not limited to:
fraud, deception, embezzlement or financial exploitation (but not including shoplifting, petit larceny, bad check); and
Any other crime(s) or pattern of recurrent criminal or illegal behavior(s) will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Please note that Driving under the Influence (DUI) and Driving under Suspension (DUS) are NOT considered minor traffic
violations. These patterns of behavior may result in withdrawal from the program of study.

link
http://bluedasher.tynken.com//documents/hgtc//BackgroundCheck.pdf

While I could understand the school's concern, its a bit fanatical. So many people have minor charges against them. These school fees and extra checking just ends up hindering people who really want to change their lives.

Well, I put my faith in that recent poll and ponder about the odds as to what kind of P.O she will get.. Most folks hate KC. And I suspect the number around Orlando is even higher.
Even a lazy P.O. might get a burst of energy with such frame of mind.

The Judge's spoken word over-rules a typo, you do understand that. You can try to appeal the Judge's word, but YOU WILL NOT WIN. The little wench has to pay her dues FOR AT LEAST the check fraud charges. I'm interested to hear what the terms of her probation are and if they will be followed.

---the terms of probation are included in judge strickland's original order----an attachment to the last pages of judge perry's decision here :

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28848050/detail.html

The Judge's spoken word over-rules a typo, you do understand that. You can try to appeal the Judge's word, but YOU WILL NOT WIN. The little wench has to pay her dues FOR AT LEAST the check fraud charges. I'm interested to hear what the terms of her probation are and if they will be followed.

I want her to have to serve the probation - I'm just not totally counting out an appeal since I thought for sure she'd be convicted of one of the more serious charges, and she wasn't. I don't know who she will appeal to, but I guess it won't be JP?

I would love to know the terms of her probation.

I want her to have to serve the probation - I'm just not totally counting out an appeal since I thought for sure she'd be convicted of one of the more serious charges, and she wasn't. I don't know who she will appeal to, but I guess it won't be JP?

Either way probation is just not a bit enough punishment. Its too easy.

------her rules of probation-------from judgeP's order:

...nicely copied in to a post by "hates sociopaths" :

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7021444&postcount=711"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Casey To Serve One Year Probation[/ame]

..baez said tonight that they are appealing------ (it will be to the District Court of Appeals. (not judgeP.)

While I could understand the school's concern, its a bit fanatical. So many people have minor charges against them. These school fees and extra checking just ends up hindering people who really want to change their lives.

ITA! I was SHOCKED to learn I couldn't go to school. As are many others convicted of crimes, I'd assume. Some of the programs go back even farther than 7 years. I don't agree with all of the rules or the laws, I'm (most of them I disagree with but the way I have come to look at it is, if you don't want to face a lifetime of "punishment", don't break the law..) sharing what I have had to face as a felon on probation and even years after probation ends what obstacles felons face so that others can understand it isn't a simple thing or an easy out. Felons are often punished in differing ways for a life-time!

Either way probation is just not a bit enough punishment. Its too easy.

You have to separate the crimes she allegedly committed. Her probation is for the check charges not the "found not guilty" murder charges. For the crimes she was convicted of the probation is just, imo.

ITA! I was SHOCKED to learn I couldn't go to school. As are many others convicted of crimes, I'd assume. Some of the programs go back even farther than 7 years. I don't agree with all of the rules or the laws, I'm (most of them I disagree with but the way I have come to look at it is, if you don't want to face a lifetime of "punishment", don't break the law..) sharing what I have had to face as a felon on probation and even years after probation ends what obstacles felons face so that others can understand it isn't a simple thing or an easy out. Felons are often punished in differing ways for a life-time!

O/T I thought under certain conditions, depending on the crime and after so many years, you can request the court to have your records expunged. In which case, future employers/schools etc will not get to see such records, neither do you have to disclose such prior records..

Florida may be different. She was sentanced in Orange county because that is where the crime was comitted. Ofcourse like I said Texas might be different, but you serve what county you live in here. You aren't required to have to travel every month to go to probation the probation officer will notify the county you are residing at when the probation is inforced and that is where you serve. If she is out of state now, she might serve out of state. Again Florida seems to not have it all together so who knows.
As far as a job, heck, she could work from home for her attorney's. If they put her up in a mansion, she could get a salary for house sitting. All you are required to make is minimum wage.

Maybe she can get a job bussing tables at TGIFriday along with the genius who flipped off the prosecutor and got more time for that than Casey did for murdering her baby.

O/T I thought under certain conditions, depending on the crime and after so many years, you can request the court to have your records expunged. In which case, future employers/schools etc will not get to see such records, neither do you have to disclose such prior records..

Yeah, I'm actually in the process of trying to do that.. I've filled out my paperwork and sent it out to CT and am waiting to hear back about what the next step is. It's a heck of a process.. http://www.ct.gov/doc/lib/doc/PDF/form/PardonFormerOffender.pdf

Not to quote myself but wanted to add this ..

bobkealing bob kealing
In a press release tonight, George and Cindy Anthony's attorney says #CaseyAnthony will not be returning to their home for probation.
:great:

Doesn't mean we can actually believe them, however.

So Cindy will not take Casey back in the house. Talk about a mother and daughter similarity here. Casey had Caylee getting in the way of her life. And just threw her away. Now Casey in in the way of her life. So she throws Casey away. Figures.... But what I do not understand is the top 10 hated list. I would think this evil pair would both be on the list!!! And also, it is amazing Lippman did not say something about "tough LOVE" from Cindy. Which is the only love between this gruesome mother-daughter combination.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz