OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read that the store did not open until noon on Sunday-what time did he go to check on her?

“My instinct tells me she is close,” Carter said. “I feel like if I knew where she was, I would bust in the door and beat whoever took her and get her back. But I don’t know where she is.”

http://www.middletownjournal.com/ne...-missing-after-week-long-search--1235106.html

**ICA, anyone?**

I must've missed the release date for the book;
How-To-Talk-And-Act-When-You've-Made-Your-Loved-One-Go-Missing For Dummies

OMG, could his comments get any creepier as to the way they are almost mirroring Caseys? ! ? !

I must've missed the release date for the book;
How-To-Talk-And-Act-When-You've-Made-Your-Loved-One-Go-Missing For Dummies

OMG, could his comments get any creepier as to the way they are almost mirroring Caseys? ! ? !

Wonder if he followed that case?

That was like watching Josh Powell/ Scott Peterson / pick a suspect.

Hope her poor family gets some pertinent information soon. So sad..........

The thing that continues to nag at me is his conflicting information. At one point he says he arrived at her condo between 7-730 Sunday and was alarmed to see her car there because she should have been at work.

Later he said he arrived at her condo between 7-7:30 because that was the time she would have been coming home from work.

Which is it, because you can't have both!! RED FLAG. HUGE. RED. FLAG.

And if he was going there then because she was supposed to be getting home from work, how "worried" was he? Not so worried that he didn't go to David's Bridal first, right?

He wasn't worried, because he KNOWS where she is.

IMO, MOO and all that jazz.

David's Bridal closed at 6:00 on Sunday's. She was supposed to report to work at the Art Institute at some point as well. She failed to show up at either job. (I'll hunt down the link, but that's what I remember)

And to play the devil's advocate, according to a local here, his mom lived about 3 minutes away, walking distance. It might have been quicker to run over there first for a look-see rather than wait on the phone.

Here's the statement and link:

She didn't show up for work on Sunday at either of her two jobs-at the Art Institute of Ohio or David's Bridal. That's when family members began to worry and called police.

http://www.local12.com/News/Local/story/Vigil-Held-For-Missing-Fairfield-Woman/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx#.TkxImqS3_Ik.twitter

David's Bridal closed at 6:00 on Sunday's. She was supposed to report to work at the Art Institute at some point as well. She failed to show up at either job. (I'll hunt down the link, but that's what I remember)

And to play the devil's advocate, according to a local here, his mom lived about 3 minutes away, walking distance. It might have been quicker to run over there first for a look-see rather than wait on the phone.

Here's the statement and link:

She didn't show up for work on Sunday at either of her two jobs-at the Art Institute of Ohio or David's Bridal. That's when family members began to worry and called police.

http://www.local12.com/News/Local/story/Vigil-Held-For-Missing-Fairfield-Woman/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx#.TkxImqS3_Ik.twitter

I get all that but I think you're missing my point. His first statement was he was concerned that her car was there because she should have been at work. His second statement was he went to her condo at that time because that's when she was supposed to get home from work. Well, if that's when she was supposed to get home....why was he concerned that her car was there? He completely contradicted himself.

See video at the bottom of this article.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html

His house is very close to her apartment, same neighborhood. It would for sure be closer to go by her house then to David's Bridal.

Here is what concerns me-

1. The police have made no comments or references to the fact that public safety is an issue. Even in the personal email sent to me by the lead detective he made it clear no reason to be worried about public safety.

2. There has been NO REPORTS of a lie detector test for anyone.

3. I heard that there was tension between him and the dad, but at the vigil it didn't look that way at all.

4. I would love to know who saw her besides him that day and what time that was.

5. Why does he continue to talk about her in the past tense?

I wonder where the photo is now that was supposedly photographed and sent to JC.
JC sure likes to talk
In the article Surfie posted above-JC says she was a homebody, but did go to concerts. .......snipped-"according to the Police Chief Mike Dickey said as investigators go through her cell phone records, it’s apparent Markham “has a very large circle of friends.” "
You don't get that by sitting at home being a homebody, do you? Surely she wasn't getting the phone #s of 'strangers' /customers through her job..h

Surely someone didn't come to her home late at night under the guise of wanting artwork done ( her addy is on her site) ??

Wonder what her friends say about that homebody remark.

Still haven't seen anything in regards to the last person(s) to see her besides JC.

Nothing I've read about her personality makes me think "homebody". She might have stayed home more right now because she was tired and needed some time to relax or because she was trying to save money for the move.

Doesn't sound like he made a lot of money on his job. Maybe she knew he couldn't afford to take her out.

I wish they would interview other family members.........her's and some of her friends.

As we know a lot of perps interject themselves into the cases. Not saying he is guilty but why do they keep going to him and not her family?

Nothing I've read about her personality makes me think "homebody". She might have stayed home more right now because she was tired and needed some time to relax or because she was trying to save money for the move.

Doesn't sound like he made a lot of money on his job. Maybe she knew he couldn't afford to take her out.

I wish they would interview other family members.........her's and some of her friends.

As we know a lot of perps interject themselves into the cases. Not saying he is guilty but why do they keep going to him and not her family?

I don't understand why HER family isn't keep the story going. I have not seen HER mother one time! Some things just seem odd to me.

I get all that but I think you're missing my point. His first statement was he was concerned that her car was there because she should have been at work. His second statement was he went to her condo at that time because that's when she was supposed to get home from work. Well, if that's when she was supposed to get home....why was he concerned that her car was there? He completely contradicted himself.

See video at the bottom of this article.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html

That has bothered me as well. At first "his heart dropped" because he saw her car there at her home when she should have been at work. And then the next time he references it...she would have been home from work at 7-730 when he went by.

Unfortunately there are quite a few things that make us go hmmmm

1)going to her home and seeing her car when she should be gone...then she should have been home by then.

2) Past tense...lots of it.

3) Talking about being "terrified" with no emotion.

4) Him explaining that he got the picture at 12:52 but that it could have been sent much earlier because it takes so long to upload. What? Why an explanation of time?

5) Burning "legal documents in the middle of the night". She texted that she wanted to be there to see it. Why? Who burns class schedules?

6)Does he usually stay with her when they go out at night? They have been together 6 yrs. just asking?

7)Intuition tells him she is close.....

8)Why not call her work if you are texting her over and over again? Simple call to work to see if she is there.

9) She wasn't being forced to move to Colorado. Forced....odd language. She wasn't being forced to marry him, move etc. Odd

10) Again...past tense referrals....lots of them

11) Hats were off of bedpost where she kept them and pencil holder was tipped over. He explained those things as being the only signs of things disrupted in her room. Why explain it away as the dog? odd

12)Why would he be in such a panic. Put his key in the door and go directly up to her room? odd

13) Keep her smile in your mind and don't worry about her. odd statement

14)Kept saying "to be honest" when asked about a few things like burning the documents and a couple other things. hmmm

Anyone care to add the things that I have missed?

11)

7 or 7:30

Had started texting her in the a.m., my daughter said she looked at his older post on FB and that he actually had posted on his wall that day he wished she would answer her phone. My daughter said after looking back at his FB the post from that day did not seem "typical". I am going to look later but thought some of you might look would love to know what others think. I notice he has QUIT posting.

He did not have any posts on his page from July 26 until August 15th. While he did not post every day I do not see any other period of inactivity for this long, for whatever it is worth...

If my husband went missing, I don't think I could bring myself to burn anything that belonged to him. If Katelyn had been looking forward to getting rid of things, then I would think her loved ones would want to wait till she came back home so they could do it together.

Can we think of any other missing persons case where a bf or gf burned items belonging to the missing person? I can't...very strange.

If my husband went missing, I don't think I could bring myself to burn anything that belonged to him. If Katelyn had been looking forward to getting rid of things, then I would think her loved ones would want to wait till she came back home so they could do it together.

Can we think of any other missing persons case where a bf or gf burned items belonging to the missing person? I can't...very strange.

He says he left her house that night to go and burn personal papers, financial records, school schedule etc. at her request at his friends house. She wasn't missing yet, but he went on to say she texted him and said she wished she could be there...well if she didn't work until noon on Sunday why didn't she go with him?

He says he left her house that night to go and burn personal papers, financial records, school schedule etc. at her request at his friends house. She wasn't missing yet, but he went on to say she texted him and said she wished she could be there...well if she didn't work until noon on Sunday why didn't she go with him?

Exactly what I thought. They both could have gone over to his friend's firepit and burn her papers etc.

Question. Has anyone come up with the last time any other person saw KM other than PC?

Where did they go on Saturday night? Did they stay at home? Did she work on Saturday?

What about the dad? Some articles say that he lived with KM and was moving his things to his girlfriends house. His quote at the vigil said he went over to KM's house. He wouldn't refer to it as hers if he was living there.

Does her mother live in Fairfield? Has she given any interviews?

KM by all accounts seems like a very nice person, very motivated and hard working........what a good person.

It seems like a very very odd coincidence that she asked him to burn stuff the VERY night she disappears.

I thought the last text was a photo of herself. :waitasec:

The burning papers is very suspicious, imo. Why would she ask him to do that?

Is there anyone to back up the story about her wanting her papers burned? I have never heard of anything quite so bizarre...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe