New Search 9/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up... Something's happening. I'm watching KUTV's raw live feed on the satellite and the reporter is saying the BLM person is coming out and going to talk. The national peeps might cut it off for me before something happens, but I'll keep watching.

ETA: Reporter just said the update could come in 10 minutes or 40 minutes... Back to my cup of coffee...

ETA #2: Ugh... CBS just cut away from Utah for.... Wait for it... A police chase in S. Cali. They said they'd be going back to Utah when they're ready. So either way...

Topaz Mountain and the Delta, Utah area is desert. I have been to Topaz Mntn quite often. On one occasion, it was raining as we were leaving. The rain just soaked right into the soil and there was no mud or any problem in leaving the area.

One quick note for those not familiar with Utah - Topaz Mntn does not necessarily have the same weather conditions as SLC. Quite often, the weather patterns are completely different. We cannot assume that it was snowing there because it was snowing in SLC.

Same with NM. Taos is very different than Albuquerque. I have tried to find a weather archive for Delta or Dugway back to Dec '09 but it only gives me SLC. :banghead:

Heads up... Something's happening. I'm watching KUTV's raw live feed on the satellite and the reporter is saying the BLM person is coming out and going to talk. The national peeps might cut it off for me before something happens, but I'll keep watching.

ETA: Reporter just said the update could come in 10 minutes or 40 minutes... Back to my cup of coffee...

can i have a link to the live feed? :)

weather nite Susan went missing does not sound that bad

While I have stated the same thing and all the media articles I can find for the weather at that time say nothing of the "storm" that day...or the previous evening, some of locals say it was bad. so....??? I do know a storm rolled in a few days later.

ETA #2: Ugh... CBS just cut away from Utah for.... Wait for it... A police chase in S. Cali. They said they'd be going back to Utah when they're ready. So either way...

This is the most recent I see... and seriously??? :banghead:

Here, let me drive out there and take pictures for you. I could have been out there and back before this person even showed up at the site!

I realize there is no rush... we just have a family waiting to find out if this could possibly be their daughter's remains. That isn't any big deal.

I don't know if they could know anything, if an hour ago they hadn't even been to the site yet. :waitasec:

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...ch-turned-over-to/9jelYP5ABE2CzXwOUKclsw.cspx

BLM Archaeologist Joelle McCarthy told ABC 4 News that pictures of the remains given to her by the search teams were of a poor quality, and that she had yet to visit the site where the remains were found.

As to the age, gender or identity of the remains, McCarthy said, "We won't know for sure until we see it."

On that note, I'll save my energy in attempting to share information that I thought others may find interesting or useful.

BeanE, THANK YOU for the input. :gthanks:

I would not have the time to be able to do what you accomplish.

We look forward to MORE. PLEASE. [In a Dickensian voice] :yourock:

Presser just said that the remains are more recent remains. Good news according to police chief.

They are sending in 2 new dogs to check remains again. BLM lady is leaving the area.

No time frame given by BLM lady.

The dirt has been disturbed recently. Disturbed by humans (belief)

After dogs come in, ME will be called (police is speculating)

2 dogs confirmed again today.

2 dogs have not been in the area before; 2 NEW dogs will be brought in to verify.

No decisions are doubted at all.

Cadaver dogs are the ones that found the remains even though people were in the area.

Confident not ancient, more recent remains, will be there maybe through tomorrow. This guy is confident & pretty hopeful.

Definitely going to be recent - no time frame - but RECENT remains.

Definitely not old cowboy or indian from long ago. Not a burial ground.

Do you think the bones were dumped recently?

It is recent? What does it mean? This will be less than 10 years old likely.

BLM gave the police a brief. Her OPINION.

disturbance with remains within the last few months to 10 years?

Police is very hopeful that this is a GOOD thing. He will NOT verify bones; he says it is human REMAINS. Process takes time. May have to go back to lab prior to determination of even male or female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid