New Search 9/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
off topic but can someone tell me who the admin is so I can send a PM about something unrelated to any post?

ShaunaKhorrami Shauna Khorrami
Josh Powell possibly landing in SLC any minute now. At airport with two crews. #gdu #findsusan

NewsUtah NEWSUTAH
RT @ShaunaKhorrami: Josh Powell possibly landing in SLC any minute now. #utah #findsusan

The timing of that tweet was impeccable... made me :eek: for a minute... though I know it appears Josh is not flying in and is not a pilot.

I saw "Josh Powell possibly landing in SLC any minute now..."
and then I went to the other window and saw "Plane crash...."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17257851

And then I had to ponder how I'd feel about that... :waitasec:

I don't think Mr. Cox spent all that money on a flight for nothing. Something is up.

With two family members who work for airlines... I would HOPE that Chuck didn't spend any money on a flight!
Either one of my family members would put him on a flight with their benefits in a heartbeat.

Does anyone recall Mr. Cox making the trip when any of the other bodies that were suggested to possibly be Susan were discovered? I don't recall, which makes me believe that he obviously is starting to prepare himself for the real possibility that this could be her.

On searches... yes. On other bodies... no.

However, the other bodies were not found during searches for Susan.
The other bodies were not found in an area that Susan and Josh actually spent time.
The other bodies were not found 30 miles from where Josh actually says he was that night.

That is the difference this time... which is causing people to really stop and think.

Topaz Mountain and the Delta, Utah area is desert. I have been to Topaz Mntn quite often. On one occasion, it was raining as we were leaving. The rain just soaked right into the soil and there was no mud or any problem in leaving the area.

One quick note for those not familiar with Utah - Topaz Mntn does not necessarily have the same weather conditions as SLC. Quite often, the weather patterns are completely different. We cannot assume that it was snowing there because it was snowing in SLC.

Looking at maps and pictures of the area, it would be truely stunning if they actually found her in that vast area. Literally a needle in the grand canyon.

True.

I didn't mean to put it so bluntly, but from putting everything together that's been reported, I think it's intact remains. Possibly due to being shrinkwrapped before burial?

Mr Cox thinks the ground would have been too frozen. Not necessarily, in early December. There hadn't been enough precipitation to cause deep freezing. Bare, dry ground just gets really really cold. And there wasn't a snowstorm, either, that day.

Here's the weather history for Dec 7th, 2009: Click here

Notice that the total snow depth at Dugway was .4 inch, with 1.4 inch month to date. No/little precip. The wind chill, however, would have been very nasty. Could cause a bad case of chapped hands.

weather nite Susan went missing does not sound that bad

The timing of that tweet was impeccable... made me :eek: for a minute... though I know it appears Josh is not flying in and is not a pilot.

I saw "Josh Powell possibly landing in SLC any minute now..."
and then I went to the other window and saw "Plane crash...."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17257851

And then I had to ponder how I'd feel about that... :waitasec:

With two family members who work for airlines... I would HOPE that Chuck didn't spend any money on a flight!
Either one of my family members would put him on a flight with their benefits in a heartbeat.

On searches... yes. On other bodies... no.

However, the other bodies were not found during searches for Susan.
The other bodies were not found in an area that Susan and Josh actually spent time.
The other bodies were not found 30 miles from where Josh actually says he was that night.

That is the difference this time... which is causing people to really stop and think

Bolded by me!

I completely agree!! This time is different. Even when the body was found near Tooele, it was not during a search for Susan. It seemed plausible; however, there was not the feeling of tension since it was not found by LE while performing a specific search for Susan.

Also, this search as well as the Ely search are the first searches performed by LE widely covered by media. There is a different feeling to the investigation now. I like it! There seems to be a feeling of getting to the bottom of this stinky pond!

I teeter back and forth about whether this is Susan or not; however, I still think they might be in the right direction now to search. IF this is not Susan, I sincerely hope that they continue their search.

The more I look at the map, the closer I zoom, in the more I'm liking this location. It is directly off a tiny road. Right next to it. In the middle of a desert area, between two major roads/highways.

But how they could ever find a body out there beats me. There are miles of little roads winding through there. How do they know where to stop and send dogs and teams out? He could have driven anywhere around there. Cars go fast!!!!

I know!! Maybe that e-mail tip they were talking about with the camping trip involving Susan included pictures of the location and somebody painstakingly matched points of interest. Either way, it's amazing.

Topaz Mountain and the Delta, Utah area is desert. I have been to Topaz Mntn quite often. On one occasion, it was raining as we were leaving. The rain just soaked right into the soil and there was no mud or any problem in leaving the area.

One quick note for those not familiar with Utah - Topaz Mntn does not necessarily have the same weather conditions as SLC. Quite often, the weather patterns are completely different. We cannot assume that it was snowing there because it was snowing in SLC.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Looking at maps and pictures of the area, it would be truely stunning if they actually found her in that vast area. Literally a needle in the grand canyon.

MG777, you are quite right that it is a vast area. Honestly, any desert in Utah is vast. However, with a bit of inspiration - we might just get somewhere.

I believe the gene pool and facial structures are similar with Asian and Native Americans. jmo

I believe that the structures are similar, as well. There are some who dispute the Bering Straight Migration theory; that there is a connection to Asian/NA. The BSM theory is one of several. [OT: Vine Deloria, Jr., Lakota, published a work called 'Low bridge; everyone crosses' that addresses his thoughts about the theory.]

Can I get some help please via a MOD?

Lera, scroll all the way down this page and click "View Forum Leaders." You can then see who is a mod for this section as well as who is on line. HTH!

Some big questions (Josh is quite lazy from everything we hear)
Would he bury her?
Would he bury her when the kids were there? (Or did he go back with the rental car and move her and bury her)
Were his hands chapped (from cold) or sore (from digging)? (they were red in interview)

Yet... wouldn't it be even MORE stunning...

If they went out into that vast area... to search for Susan Powell.

In an area that Susan Powell has been in with her husband.
In an area that you look for crystals... ("Mommy's in the mine looking for crystals.")
In an area you rock hunt in... (Josh loves to rock hunt.)
In an area that could have been accessed when Susan was missing.

And just happened to find a completely unrelated body?

That would be nuts... this isn't like Long Island... this is more remote. I highly doubt it's a common dumping ground.

The odds are astronomical that they would find her... the odds that they would find someone else while looking for her???
That would be crazy. :banghead:

That would totally depend on the weather conditions, how the body was buried or wrapped, etc. I read about mummies in Peru, or wherever and some are in pristine condition but remains or mummies that have been exposed to the elements, are not. I think certain conditions are needed to mummify a body, not just desert conditions.

The girl found in South America was intact because she had been frozen; high altitude and low temps were responsible for this. That would not apply in Utah because it is well over 100 in the desert during the summer.

CAUTION: picture of mummy at link [I eliminated the http in the addie so the picture would not show on the thread, just add http]

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummy_Juanita"]Mummy Juanita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lera I sent a PM to Kimster for you am sure she will be here soon.

I would LOVE to know what the tip was and who left it! From the map, they had to have known something specific, it couldn't possibly just be luck.

Yet... wouldn't it be even MORE stunning...

In an area that you look for crystals... ("Mommy's in the mine looking for crystals.")

I haven't followed this case from the very beginning, but was there any response from Josh about this statement made by his child?

Lera, scroll all the way down this page and click "View Forum Leaders." You can then see who is a mod for this section as well as who is on line. HTH!
Thank you very much! That was most helpful and I never knew that little tidbit.

I wonder if any trash or items is left over from the campsite he was at, or did he leave something at the remain site. Could he have had a google map on his PC with a marker on the exact spot so he could remember and go back out there later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221