TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
On speaking along the lines of jealous females this was definitely something I brought up early on.. Citing the case of the two cadets in West Point, bf/gf that were convicted of abduction and murder of another young female.. Due to the jealousy of the gf not being able to let go that that the bf had been briefly involved with a young girl while they were supposedly broken up.. Due to her seething jealousy that consumed the gf she could not and move past her jealousy even tho they had long since gotten back together *and even with him professing his undying love to the gf.. She told him if he truly loved her he'd prove it by killing the girl and they set out to do exactly that..

Not saying the parallels would necessarily be exactly the same but showing that it wasn't unheard of for a female to be involved at some capacity..

As whisp said Holly is a very beautiful girl that I am certain not only had many guys that would love the chance of going out with her.. And for those same exact reasons why there very easily could be a gf or ex-gf that seethed with hatred for Holly in knowing her bf or ex bf was extremely attracted to and/or interested in Holly..

So, in thinking along those lines and careful to not in any way suggest DS is involved.. I believe that he and Holly had not been together for that extremely long of a relationship.. ATLEAST not in looking at it in adult like terms.. Seems as tho it was less than a year that they had been together as a couple(8mos for some reason is what I have stuck in my head as the time they'd been a couple.. But definitely could be wrong).. So if that short term relationship were truly the case I could definitely see it plausible that possibly there was a scorned, angry, and/or jealous female that could be a possibility..

With nothing to go on there really isn't a whole heckuva alot that can't be theorized as to have happened.. It is so strange, isn't it???

I mean yes, many of us follow several cases here that remain unsolved(I.e. Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn) just to name two and there are many many more.. But what is so very strange and different is that most of us realize exactly who the likely responsible party(ies) is for why those children are gone.. There are clear People that we know very likely are involved with ATLEAST some semblance of how it possibly occurred and it is the lack of evidence that keeps the perp(s) from being brought to justice for those murders..But that is not the case here.. Truly there's nothing to go on at all.. It is so different IMO!!!

Girls can be brutal and extremely jealous! Have any of Holly's girlfriends spoken out? In the You Tube Video there were two other girls. Are those her friends from nursing school?

At this moment, I am sensing that Holly was killed or injured in or near where the blood was found. She was placed in somebody's vehicle and driven away. The items found are a diversion.

She had her lunch bag, her cell and perhaps her books with her. She was not being led into any woods carrying these items..imo. CB may be covering up an accident.

At this moment, I am sensing that Holly was killed or injured in or near where the blood was found. She was placed in somebody's vehicle and driven away. The items found are a diversion.

She had her lunch bag, her cell and perhaps her books with her. She was not being led into any woods carrying these items..imo. CB may be covering up an accident.

Were any vehicles searched?

About that dead horse. Survivor filmed back in June. I'd hazard a guess that Whitney was signed on for it before Holly went missing.

Article in Star magazine this month with Whitney states she signed on the same day Holly went missing. After she signed was when she found out what had happened. Her mom and Holly's mom are sisters.

I am going back reviewing from the beginning. I came late to this case. Does anyone know Karen's maiden name?

Holly looks just like her mother. Karen is a very young looking 50. Good looks must run in the family. I assume Karen's sister is attractive also. Look at Whitney! Lots of blonds and blue eyes back there.

Seeing blonds where I live is a very rare experience so I am always amazed at how many are in the South.

I keep reading that the Bobos had two dogs. It makes sense because CB referred to the little one as the "house dog".

I have been led to believe they have a retriever dog also. WTH? IF true, what was that dog doing while all this was going on? Was the dog hurt during the abduction? Is that why the scream. Heck, it is late and my mind is overactive, but darn, this makes no sense. I have never heard the family mention the retriever but the boards do. Is it true?

I keep reading that the Bobos had two dogs. It makes sense because CB referred to the little one as the "house dog".

I have been led to believe they have a retriever dog also. WTH? IF true, what was that dog doing while all this was going on? Was the dog hurt during the abduction? Is that why the scream. Heck, it is late and my mind is overactive, but darn, this makes no sense. I have never heard the family mention the retriever but the boards do. Is it true?

CB mentioned the indoor dog barking so I thought they must have an outdoor dog too. I'm not sure about the retriever but it is possible since they hunt. Retrievers are good "bird dogs" and CB does hunt turkeys.

Most hunting dogs are kept in pens or at least all those I've ever seen are. They are trained to retrieve so most hunters don't let them run free even in the country. So the dog was probably out in a pen.

In April, Whitney Duncan’s cousin Holly Bobo was kidnapped from her front yard early one morning while she was preparing to leave for school, and she has not been seen since. Duncan says that she kept her 18-year-old cousin in her mind while she was shooting, even though she wasn’t as in the loop as she would have liked to be. “I definitely talk about her on the show. It was difficult being away from my family and not knowing what was going on during filming,” she says, adding that while leaving was tough, it was something she had to do. “It was most definitely one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make. After much discussion with my family, I decided it was best that I do the show. I would regret not doing it.”

http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncan-survivor-south-pacific-music-holly-bobo/

They have many many churches for a town of 2500...! You would think one or two would be enough. I would imagine if you're agnostic or atheist, you're in a world of doo in that part of the country.

As curious as we are about what they found, it would be maddening as parents not to be given that information. I know in the past LE says they can't release information that is pertinent to the case as it might interfere with the investigation but it seems the parents are entitled unless LE has a reason for not wanting the family to know.

The way Karen answered that question about the cell, sent my hinky meter off. I think they did find it and Karen was not allowed to tell. At least that is the way I read her.

They have many many churches for a town of 2500...! You would think one or two would be enough. I would imagine if you're agnostic or atheist, you're in a world of doo in that part of the country.

You're kidding. One or two?? What would be the two choices... Baptist and Methodist? Or maybe Catholic?
With 2500 people, there would be a good chance that there would be at least 10 different faiths among them. I live in a small town, too and we have at least 5 churches, all of different faiths. And outside town, there are several more. In my county alone, I am guessing there are probably more than 200 different churches. In the South, we are ALL about religion and faith.

You're kidding. One or two?? What would be the two choices... Baptist and Methodist? Or maybe Catholic?
With 2500 people, there would be a good chance that there would be at least 10 different faiths among them. I live in a small town, too and we have at least 5 churches, all of different faiths. And outside town, there are several more. In my county alone, I am guessing there are probably more than 200 different churches. In the South, we are ALL about religion and faith.

I live in the South and I am not ALL about religion and faith. <modsnip> Diversity rules. :twocents:

In fact, not sure why religion is being discussed at all, other than the actual pastor(s) who have stepped foward as a part of the Bobo public persona, although if Holly spent as much time at her church as has been indicated, of course the members should be considered as potential suspects and I hope they are.

I live in the South and I am not ALL about religion and faith. Please stop painting everyone in the South with your broad brush. Diversity rules. :twocents:

I think the post opined that Southerners were "all about our faith" (loose quote) was trying to say the majority of Southerners are...and they are. People are free, even in the South not to participate. We are given a choice who we serve.

Are any organized ground searches being planned? I know there is a fundraiser and IIRC, KB said some of the money would go towards searches. Just wondered what sort of searches.

I look at what is being done for Michelle Le and it is incredible to see the outpouring of support from all over. WS members donating food, etc.

I wish that could be done in Holly's case. :sigh:

I wonder how much of a mention Holly's abduction will get in this season's SURVIVOR. WD says in the article that she does talk about it on the show. I am skeptical of "reality" shows in general, as we know there is a certain amount of staging and theatrics that goes into making it interesting for TV. WD's participation in this show could be a good thing in that more people may learn about the case, and more eyes might increase the chance of someone providing that 'one clue' LE told us they have been waiting for. My dark side however imagines what a dramatic ratings-boost it would be to have Holly's location revealed on this show. Far-fetched I admit, but hmmmm....makes me think.

I live in the South and I am not ALL about religion and faith. Please stop painting everyone in the South with your broad brush. Diversity rules. :twocents:

Thank you, wishuwerehere.

All of this debate is such a fruitless pursuit in trying to bring Holly home IMO; and degrades the spirit and integrity of this forum.

We are victim friendly, here- remember, folks?

Now- how can we help find Holly??

I bump this because this is Holly- and there are people hurting, missing her, and wanting her home:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

Who cares what color, ethnicity, religion- whatever- she is??
I see NO point in that train of thought at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77