Dr. Phil's Interview w/ George & Cindy Anthony - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the "Casey had help" BS....WHO would have volunteered to help her in the disposal of her dead baby? Asking someone to help with that dastardly deed isn't quite the same as asking for someones help to dump an old refrigerator at the local junkyard. In the large cast of characters involved in Casey's fantasy world of imaginary friends, it's kind of amazing that she didn't actually create one who did that particular deed.

I don't believe anyone helped Casey . She didn't need help .

George and Cindy didn't like ANY of Casey's friends,especially Ricardo and the entire new cast of friends from TonE's. Maybe he wants to believe Casey wasn't responsible for the death,just the situation that led to her death.

But they know the truth. They can wish all they want,but they know the truth.

JMO

Between my ex-husband, my parents and my oldest daughter I should be sitting in a rubber room with my finger up my nose eating twinkies stuffed with drugs...LOL
Years ago when I was in counseling she told me she was surprised how well adjusted I was. I can relate to CA in respect to having a daughter who isn't wound too tight. I love all three of my kids and would do almost anything for them but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. Someone asked who this imaginary person that GA thinks "possibly" had helped FCA. Who in the A family has no lines drawn besides FCA?
As a mother with a problem child, thats putting it mildly, when she was younger I knew who her friends were. They cared about her and actually offered to report to me if they saw something they thought I should know. When she was older, had her son and was living with me I had phone numbers. I knew who watched my grandson and where they lived. My daughter never hurt anyone, never stole anything but I knew her character better than anyone because I paid attention. Why did CA not know any friends, nannys phone number, address..nothing. It seemed FCA had to call in to report where she was, what she was doing and what time she would be home. Why did CA not investigate anything that was going on? What planet was she living on when all this money went missing, why did she not ask questions. It seems maybe FCA had been a problem before this, maybe CA was used to sticking her head in the sand, maybe FCA had worn her down to the point of surrender..who knows. Maybe CA thought the stolen money was payment somehow to keep FCA "happy". We know what she does when shes not happy. I still think those computer searches were made for not only Caylee but GA & CA. Someones very good post pointed out the effect killing Caylee and getting away with it might have on FCA and I agree. Once a person crosses that line IMO..there's no going back. Once a person takes another life I think it "goes to their head". I really believe FCA thinks she is "untouchable". Once her probation is over and this is all a bad dream to her, she will have to find a way to make a living. We know she doesn't believe in working for her money, she will go back to her old ways. None of what she has gone through is teaching anything but that!
My daughter is 30 years old and still going to school to become a counsler. You would think she should be good at making wise choices for herself..nope. I have watched her time and time again destroy her life. She was molested by a family member at a very young age and received alot of counseling but she has refused to this day to talk to me about it. Although at times we have been close, she harbors alot of hatred towards me which I am still not sure why. I know how a child can try to manipulate a mother for the guilt you feel that you didn't protect your child from harm. I was a very watchful parent but never saw the signs. Thankfully it was a short lived contact but it still did damage. It's possible FCA was molested by someone, she sure shows the signs.
I believe if CA had told the truth about what happened with FCA, we would be viewing CA as a victim. Her attempt to prove her daughter innocent to the world and herself has done nothing but cause her more pain and public outrage at her casual comments pertaining to Caylee.

Bolded by me.

I don't have any children of my own but as the child in the situation you just shared, I am curious what your reaction was when you found out your daughter had been molested? I can tell you a lot of my anger towards my mother was because she was more worried about herself than her children. She walked away from us quite a few times and it wasn't so much that she didn't protect me, but it was the lack of mothering and comfort after confiding what I was very confused about. I would have loved to have had a talk and to hear that it wasn't my fault, gotten a hug, been told it was normal to feel confused because it was such a contrast from being a good sensation to something that made you feel dirty and bad. I was 9 years old and she didn't even put me in counseling I dealt with it on my own on top of a really bad relationship with her. When I was 14/15 I chose to live with my father when they finally did divorce after separating a few times.

One time when I actually did decide to put myself through the torture of trying to spend time with her and follow her train of thought (which is all over the place and very envious/hateful towards others) she had the nerve to tell me I should go to my molesters wedding. I am so glad my husband was with us because if I didn't have him to lean on in that moment, the outcome might have been very different.

:waitasec: Were you very close with your daughter? My mother was not very affectionate and there wasn't much of a bond with her female children especially. Instead of remembering hugs and playing dress up with her I remember her sleeping a lot on the couch and being scared to wake her up and again, her going on a lot of lengthy "trips". My oldest sister was a run away who ended up in foster care, my younger sister she eventually dropped off at my dads after I had moved out and on with my husband because she didn't feel like raising her either. She had a new boyfriend and a new job...

I don't remember a lot of my childhood and when I once said that in front of her she nonchalantly said I "must have blocked it out".

So sorry for the OT was just curious to hear you describe why you think your daugther has grown distant from you because it may not have much to do with the act of the molestation itself, if that makes any sense? :seeya:

I am sorry to hear your family has been through that. Molestation is a very difficult thing to confront, accept and move past.

I think you're right...there was something he had to tell Baez that he had discussed with his parents...and did we find that out with his testimony at trial? When did we learn that...not what did we learn. I think the rest was assumption...and not a bad assumption if you ask me.

If you will recall - we do know what he went to see Baez about. Lee overheard Cindy talking to George about testifying that she sent Dom out to look for a dead child in November and Lee was outraged because his parents told him always that she was still alive and they were only searching for a live Caylee.

So he went to tell Baez he would never agree to testifying to that and would say on the stand that his parents were lying if it was brought up in the trial. But I think it was the final straw of Lee being left out of the picture as far as Lee was concerned. It caused a huge divide between him and his parents. And no - I can't find a link for it - which is why I haven't mentioned it before.

George and Cindy didn't like ANY of Casey's friends,especially Ricardo and the entire new cast of friends from TonE's. Maybe he wants to believe Casey wasn't responsible for the death,just the situation that led to her death.

JMO

There's no evidence that anyone helped KC in the murder of Caylee. Maybe George feels in his own mind that if someone helped KC in the coverup of Caylees death,that it would somehow lessen KC's responsibility in her death. MOO.

JMO

Quite "IORNIC" that those friends were not good enough for their daughter. People that attended school, held jobs and cooperated fully with LE including wearing wires and taking polygraphs. I guess they were a bad influence.

CA can utilize all the measured and soothing tones (tone?) of voice she has in her caregiver repetoire. Doesn't mean that it convinces anyone.

Quite "IORNIC" that those friends were not good enough for their daughter. People that attended school, held jobs and cooperated fully with LE including wearing wires and taking polygraphs. I guess they were a bad influence.

and attended college as well. Not pretend to attend college.

I read this transcript very recently (I think it was AH's transcript). IIRC, KC didn't say her mom talked her out of it. KC told AH, "It's OK now. I talked to my mom".

The nature of that conversation between KC and CA was not brought out in that interview. I remember it, because it was vague and I wanted to know more about the conversation between KC and CA.

It wasn't AH. I believe it was Kiomarie and this was after Caylee was born. Whatever advice CA gave KC it obviously was not the right advice. CA should have sought medical help instead of blowing it off which we know is usually CA's way of handling things. CA admits now KC's been in trouble since the birth of Caylee. My guess is it was way before that based on information that came out during discovery. As a medical professional if she admits now she saw the signs CA was obligated to do something. jmo

There's no evidence that anyone helped KC in the murder of Caylee. Maybe George feels in his own mind that if someone helped KC in the coverup of Caylees death,that it would somehow lessen KC's responsibility in her death. MOO.

I think that was just GA's way of trying to get CA to swallow the truth. He has to do it in "baby steps". lol jmo

Have not read thread, just saw a clip on HLN. Cindy says Baez was going to go after Lee too, etc. It was alarming how acceptable she made it sound that Baez CRAFTED the story - this is a disgrace to the profession and should be grounds for being disbarred IMO.

:maddening:

But if CA knew about this preposterous story and let it be told, lying is just fine with her no matter who it hurts as long as the end justifies the means. No need to wonder why Ms Anthony turned out to be a big liar. It is as plane as day.

But if CA knew about this preposterous story and let it be told, lying is just fine with her no matter who it hurts as long as the end justifies the means. No need to wonder why Ms Anthony turned out to be a big liar. It is as plane as day.

OT Ricki - I mean no disrespect but your sig line always makes me laugh.
No C.S. Lewis - it doesn't mean we are made for another world - it means you need some drugs is always my reaction to it.

It wasn't AH. I believe it was Kiomarie and this was after Caylee was born. Whatever advice CA gave KC it obviously was not the right advice. CA should have sought medical help instead of blowing it off which we know is usually CA's way of handling things. CA admits now KC's been in trouble since the birth of Caylee. My guess is it was way before that based on information that came out during discovery. As a medical professional if she admits now she saw the signs CA was obligated to do something. jmo

But see - here's the problem...at least for me....so we are assuming KC was serious and not just making up a story so she could be a drama queen because she'd seen something like this on the Young and The Restless?

Cause while I believe Kiomarie....the story came from KC which leaves me flipping a quarter...

OT Ricki - I mean no disrespect but your sig line always makes me laugh.
No C.S. Lewis - it doesn't mean we are made for another world - it means you need some drugs is always my reaction to it.

Thanks a lot. LOL. I will say I was made for another world but I will admit "mothers little helper" might help me survive this one.

Have not read thread, just saw a clip on HLN. Cindy says Baez was going to go after Lee too, etc. It was alarming how acceptable she made it sound that Baez CRAFTED the story - this is a disgrace to the profession and should be grounds for being disbarred IMO.

:maddening:

Amazing how many people CA, herself, was willing to serve up to take the fall for KC, including her own husband. How does she live with herself? Maybe she's getting the platter ready for JB??? Thanksgiving isn't that far away. jmo

Thanks a lot. LOL. I will say I was made for another world but I will admit "mothers little helper" might help me survive this one.

I think my problem is that I lack imagination and I can't imagine desires that are not "of this world". I may not like the world I'm in - but I'm not sure being in another world would make it any better.....would it?

Actually I can now I think about it. I wish I could fly....

Cindy knew kc harmed Caylee from the very first day. The fact that she screamed and called 911 doesn't impress me or lead me to believe otherwise. If you think about it, she didn't call 911 about Caylee.....TILL kc gave the excuse the Nanny took her. Cindy is not fooling me. She had to call LE because her car smelled like a dead body. The car was in her name, FGS. She didn't want anyone to think she was carrying a dead body in HER car. Come think of it, she didn't lead LE to the car even when they came. She let them take kc all around the town looking for the child. They would have handled it differently, if they had smelled the car before they were led on the wild goose chase. If you notice, cindy stayed at home while they took kc away. Who wants to bet she was scrubbing the Sunfire while Lee was on computer duty.

Cindy knew kc never worked and she knew there was no zanny. As I have stated before, Cindy let it go for 31 days and never called her call in stolen which would have told her Caylee was or wasn't ok. She failed to take action. She only took action when there was a good chance of an alibi. She also helped with the phoney leads of Caylee being alive.

I do not feel any sympathy for this family....none. They never searched for Caylee. kc removed that child from the house and didn't even take any of Caylee's clothes. In fact it is pretty obvious, she didn't take any shoes??? Would any of us tolerated such a thing? I can surely say we would have LE out there looking right away. cindy is good at lying. she could have told LE her daughter left the house with the baby and took her car. The question is why didn't cindy do it? I think we all know the answer to this.

....and these people are receiving a HUGE payoff to help other grandparents??? You have got to be kidding me!!

I think my problem is that I lack imagination and I can't imagine desires that are not "of this world". I may not like the world I'm in - but I'm not sure being in another world would make it any better.....would it?

Actually I can now I think about it. I wish I could fly....

That is my hope. If I take it further on this thread we will be waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy OT

Bolded by me.

I don't have any children of my own but as the child in the situation you just shared, I am curious what your reaction was when you found out your daughter had been molested? I can tell you a lot of my anger towards my mother was because she was more worried about herself than her children. She walked away from us quite a few times and it wasn't so much that she didn't protect me, but it was the lack of mothering and comfort after confiding what I was very confused about. I would have loved to have had a talk and to hear that it wasn't my fault, gotten a hug, been told it was normal to feel confused because it was such a contrast from being a good sensation to something that made you feel dirty and bad. I was 9 years old and she didn't even put me in counseling I dealt with it on my own on top of a really bad relationship with her. When I was 14/15 I chose to live with my father when they finally did divorce after separating a few times.

One time when I actually did decide to put myself through the torture of trying to spend time with her and follow her train of thought (which is all over the place and very envious/hateful towards others) she had the nerve to tell me I should go to my molesters wedding. I am so glad my husband was with us because if I didn't have him to lean on in that moment, the outcome might have been very different.

:waitasec: Were you very close with your daughter? My mother was not very affectionate and there wasn't much of a bond with her female children especially. Instead of remembering hugs and playing dress up with her I remember her sleeping a lot on the couch and being scared to wake her up and again, her going on a lot of lengthy "trips". My oldest sister was a run away who ended up in foster care, my younger sister she eventually dropped off at my dads after I had moved out and on with my husband because she didn't feel like raising her either. She had a new boyfriend and a new job...

I don't remember a lot of my childhood and when I once said that in front of her she nonchalantly said I "must have blocked it out".

So sorry for the OT was just curious to hear you describe why you think your daugther has grown distant from you because it may not have much to do with the act of the molestation itself, if that makes any sense? :seeya:

I am sorry to hear your family has been through that. Molestation is a very difficult thing to confront, accept and move past.

My daughter was 4 when she was molested. She was molested by a teenage female babysitter/family member. When I divorced my daughter was 15, thats when she told me. At that time I did have that talk with her, it wasn't her fault. I had to force her to hug me, once she started she wouldn't let go. She sobbed for a long time. I wanted to bring charges against the molester but my daughter didn't want me to. I feel that was my mistake, I think now I should have, my daughter needed it. I went looking for this person to beat her up but couldn't find her. I was much younger then and in alot better shape.... I can't tell you how many of her abusive boyfriends I tracked down or called and threatened through her teens. Two trips to the ER for suicide attempts. Her and I locked in the bathroon sobbing together when she admitted she was a cutter and showing me her arms & legs and what she had done to herself. She is now married to a man that abuses her and I refuse to accept her excuses for him. Shes angry at me but she knows I am the one person in her life that will always be there for her.

I am so sorry you had to go through what you did but you have to know it wasn't your fault that your mother couldn't give you what you needed, it was her problem which she never addressed. Thats what parents do sometimes, they pass their problems to their children instead of facing their own demons and getting better. Sometimes it's a mental issue they were never treated for.
It sounds to me like you are a very strong, smart woman and I would bet your going to be a fantastic mother if you choose to have kids.
I broke the cycle of my mother, I got rid of my drunken spouse. I came to terms with my drunken father and as an adult...I give myself a hug, literally, when I need one and my kids aren't around. My dogs even get hugs! I would look in the mirror every morning for a long time and tell myself, "I love you". Sounds corny I know but it really does help! I'm not a perfect mom, far from it. I made huge mistakes I wish I could go back and change. The best we can do is love our kids, teach them right from wrong, hug them when their good and kick their butt when their not..but always love them, we just first have to love ourselves, to heal our wounds so as not to pass them onto others. ...We are all survivors of our childhood.
CA hasn't learned this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member