Dr. Phil's Interview w/ George & Cindy Anthony - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a moment in the Dr Phil Interview when Cindy was explaining how she was certain that George didn't ever molest his daughter in any way. Within her essay answer she looks at Dr Phil and says (paraphrased)...if I knew George had done that to my child, "I WOULD KILL HIM." She added emphasis to the quoted part and then she did her trademark smirking smile. She said she would kill him...it's on tape!

Did a quick read on the statute of limitation on perjury in FL and it is 3 years from the date the perjury took place.

:tyou:

I really do wish the State would RE-CONSIDER their position on charging Cindy with perjury !

Does the State of Florida even realize what kind of message it sent -- NOT just with respect to "lying" and "committing perjury" on the stand -- but that it is OK if you lied and make $$$$$ off of your lies from the TH's shows ? :maddening:

This is why NO television show, or magazine or whatever, should PAY for any interview from one of the 4 Anthony's !

Hmmm ... so ... was there ANYTHING Cindy said on the DP Show that was NOT what she said on the stand ? :innocent: I know ... I can only dream that the State of Florida would look into this ... :innocent:

MOO ...

George tells about KC SAYING she was attcked in his interview with detectives that he initiated. He is at one point fired up and says oh, did I tell you and proceeds to tell...He says he told her to tell him the name of the policeman she called, what was his name, etc. and she said "Dad I'll take care of it". He is telling the story to LE to reiterate how untrustworthy she is. KC made up the story because she owed Cindy money and didn't have it - sos she said she was robbed. He also tells LE that he asked KC for the money she owed him or Cindy did and she stole money from Cindy's wallet and paid her back with it. Yes, its true.

SHE started stealing with Lee to the tune of 200, from what we know. He tells the prosecutors about this (because he cannot lie to them, but he downplays it). He downplays a lot and says I really didn't want to be involved in all of that. And it was not a big deal.

When he went to talk to Tony Lazzarro, KC's then boyfriend who is wearing a wire, Lee tells Tony that KC is a pro at writing checks, etc.

If you check out A candy rose and read the e-mails between Rick Plesea and his mother (and Cindy's) it is very enlightening. The mother also tells LE in her interview that she believes Cindy went through 40,000 because of KC. She used her entire 401k bailing her out. The Hinkey Meter (Anthony timeline) is also great for telling just how much money KC was stealing from Cindy's checking account - over 1000, for the months of January and February 2008, then 300 to 400 a month there on until April where she is cut off and then she does the chloroform search about three days after she is cut off.

So in April she is starting to become desperate for money.

Also the e-mails between Cindy's mother and her friend or sister are very very enlightening about Cindy's depressive state about KC stealing and in June about Cindy's depression about not seeing Caylee.

How the Bleep do you let your daughter get away with that for so long ? Maybe this is what they are basing grandparents rights on. Casey had them over a barrel because she had the legal rights to Caylee,so Cindy couldn't kick her out or retaliate in any way without putting Caylee at risk.Since Casey never actually abused or neglected Caylee (that they could prove) Cindy and George had their hands tied.
I just don't think there's a way around that situation,though. I take that back. Cindy should have called 911 back then .

As I understand they rarely charge for perjury after the fact. HOWEVER,
the prosecutors did a fantastic job. They really did. This lead juror did not like Ashton and he made it known and obviously there were 11 sheep.

Solace,
I liked Ashton, from day one actually. I wasn't aware that the lead juror didn't like him. For me, that puts a new prospective on things.
........bad bad sheep. disgraceful.

imo

As I understand they rarely charge for perjury after the fact. HOWEVER, the prosecutors did a fantastic job. They really did. This lead juror did not like Ashton and he made it known and obviously there were 11 sheep.

BBM: Solace, I totally agree about the jury foreman ! He had an "agenda" as well as IMO, he did not like Ashton, the SA Team, and did not like any type of "authority". Again, this is MY OPINION based on foreman's comments in his interviews.

I hope the Anthony's get NO MORE interviews !

MOO ...

Solace,
I liked Ashton, from day one actually. I wasn't aware that the lead juror didn't like him. For me, that puts a new prospective on things.
........bad bad sheep. disgraceful.

imo

He did not like that Ashton did not say good morning to them. Baez did everythign but dance a jig for them when they came and went. So much so that I use to call my son in and say watch Baez and we both found it hilarious. So much for hilarious.

If anyone Taped this interview in it's entirety, can we do a transcript of sorts without infringing on copyrights?

The Dr Phil show is not a site where one can watch the entire episode or show.

If we can't get a word for word transcript, can someone please post the section where Cindy describes how if George had done anything to their daughter that Cindy would have heard about it back when George wasn't living at the house and their daughter was looking for any reason to keep him gone. Of special interest is the quote where Cindy very freely said that if George had molested their daughter that she, Cindy, would kill him.

BBM: Solace, I totally agree about the jury foreman ! He had an "agenda" as well as IMO, he did not like Ashton, the SA Team, and did not like any type of "authority". Again, this is MY OPINION based on foreman's comments in his interviews.

I hope the Anthony's get NO MORE interviews !

MOO ...

He definitely had an agenda. And of course I did not like that his feet did not reach the floor. I bet he didn't like that either. I wonder if that has anything to do with that enormous chip on his shoulder and the fact that Ashton towers over most men.

If you notice in his interview with Greta his feet don't go flat on the floor.

The answers that CA is giving during these interviews are directed towards FCA.
She isn't answering questions honestly, she used these interviews to talk directly to FCA, to get FCA to come home to mommy. Let me continue to control your life and give me the answers I need about Caylee.
Dr. Phil stated that CA & GA had been candid and honest..I'm not sure how he got this statement out of his mouth with a straight face!
It was obvious to me the stark contrast between their response answering the same question. GA as always is creeping up to the plate. Maybe someday he will be able to say what he thinks without his.."possiblys" or these imaginary people he invents to take the heat off of FCA. When Dr. P asked the babysitting question, GA gave a great answer. It's up to LA & MP. CA goes right into sure, I don't have a problem with KC babysitting. Her answer was a mother protecting her child, not a grandmother concerned with her grandchildrens safety.
CA is still allowing her daughter to control her actions. CA isn't responsible in any way for what happened to Caylee but she does have to accept responsibility for IMO..the abuse she showered on HER children. The one thing we might all be able to agree on is FCA & LA are not well adjusted people. There is something odd about their behavior and I would guess that MP will fit nicely into this family from what I saw from her on the stand.
Whether it was verbal abuse CA gave her children or physical, or both..speaking from the receiving side of verbal abuse it can cause ALOT of mental and physical damage, it just doesn't leave any visible marks. Until CA deals with her truths, until she admits she is not this kind, loving, gentle mother she claims to be in front of the public, she will always feel the guilt for Caylees death. Unfortunatly, I would guess FCA treated Caylee the same way. In public she was this loving mother but when no one was watching, she abused her verbally as to not leave " any marks". If I could talk to CA directly I would tell her to let it go, sort it out. No matter how badly she treated FCA, murder is never a normal response. If she continues to fashion her life around the guilt she WILL destroy her marriage and herself in the process!
CA ,through the 3rd interview had her ankles crossed. This is a sign of defensiveness-suppressing negative emotion. When CA was rambling on about the hot body pictures, defending by saying what if someone had snapped a picture of me laughing, would those pictures be posted all over the news, would people critize me for laughing when my grandaughter is gone?..Dr. Phil says, but CA, your not resposible for Caylees death. I saw CA's reaction, she drew back and put her head down. CA does feel guilt, alot of it and she needs alot of help to deal with that. When Dr. P asked if CA would accept FCA back into their home, CA smiles when she says Oh, KC knows I'm mad at her. Neither GA nor CA showed " normal" emotions through these interviews. If I was "mad" at my daughter for killing my grandchild, I could think of a stronger word than " mad" and I sure wouldn't be smiling when I said it.
I learned a few things from these interviews but I think as a whole they were a waste of time. Until CA stops "talking" to FCA everytime she opens her mouth and starts giving some real answers to questions, anything she says is just a waste..huge waste!

Hoooh Ya! Absolutly.

My husband expected Dr Phil to ask hard hitting questions, I did too. Hes making a large donation t their "foundation" and this is all he can do?
Maybe the Ants should stick to a private therapist. Dr Phil was too easy on them and just excused CA;s as well shes in denial.
As lax as CA was about where they found Caylees body. Well think back, she knew Casey was pregnant but never took her to a Dr? Shes a nurse, whats that about? Poor Caylee:( CA called her a mistake as some recalled.

Phil does not have a license to practice anything in the medical field.

If anyone goes to him thinking he is going to help, they'll be sadly mistaken. He exploits people's problems in order to get ratings. I don't watch him but I happened to be channel hopping looking for something to watch. I came across the Dr. Phil show. Grown adults were on there knees screaming and punching a chair as Dr. Phil egged them on. It was disgusting. The people looked like fools. Phil knows that kind of BS sells. It made me cringe and I turned the channel but I have little doubt he got high ratings that day.

As for the GA/CA interview. I have no doubt the questions were approved ahead of time. Phil had plenty of ammo to ask the really tough questions but he didn't.

IMO

BBM: The State of Florida should have charged Cindy with perjury from the trial ! It was an enormous letdown when the State chose NOT to charge her ! :maddening:

And that is one of the reasons why Cindy was able to go on Phil McGraw's show and continue with her "twisted and warped mistruths !

Hmmm ... has the statute of limitations expired yet for charging her with perjury ? :innocent:

As always, MOO ...

I know it seems that way, and it seems it would be cut and dried...but charges are not going to be brought unless the state believes they have a chance to win a conviction.

It would be very difficult to "prove" CA lied. It certainly appears she did but appearance is not proof in a court of law. If, for example, LA would have come forward and admitted to witnessing the fight between CA and KC, there might have been some chance of successfully pressuring CA on the witness stand but, as we all know, that didn't happen.

And with the flaw in the computer program regarding the number of chloroform searches, it would be a toss-up on whether the state could convince a jury that the same program indicating dates and times of searches was not also flawed.

Prosecutors typically do not move forward with any kind of charges unless they have preponderance of evidence, either forensic or circumstantial. They simply do not have a way to prove CA lied.

I think the thing that sticks in my mind is when KC told her friend she felt like she needed to get some mental health help. A few days later the friend ask her about it again and KC said she talked with her mother and her mother talked her out of it. GA was telling JG that there was something seriously wrong with KC. CA tells RP that KC is a sociopath. Now CA admits that KC has some serious mental issues and needs professional help. CA has known for a long time KC had issues and did nothing, nothing.

Had CA insisted KC sign herself in when KC came to her and asked for help this could very well be a different story today. KC was not suddenly traumatized because Caylee drowned and if she were why would anyone in that state of mind desecrate their child's body with duct tape and dispose of them like trash but have the presence of mind to go to Blockbuster and rent a movie about duct taping your victum. jmo

As to the "Casey had help" BS....WHO would have volunteered to help her in the disposal of her dead baby? Asking someone to help with that dastardly deed isn't quite the same as asking for someones help to dump an old refrigerator at the local junkyard. In the large cast of characters involved in Casey's fantasy world of imaginary friends, it's kind of amazing that she didn't actually create one who did that particular deed.

TL might have help her break into a shed but cant see him helping move Caylees body.
He was mad that KC didnt tell him afterwards. I think he liked Caylee.
IMO KC sneaked around while they were at school and dumped Caylee in the woods, close to home.

Responding to bolded: Oh, man. Even if you thought she intentionally murdered Caylee, you don't believe Casey is a homicidal maniac? After all, she has only killed one so far.
There was a case just this past week in FL where a man got probation 25 years ago in the death of his wife. The circumstances must have been not clear-cut because that is the deal he got from prosecutors. Now he has killed another wife in a very clear-cut manner. There are many, many cases out there where people have gotten away with murder or child abuse or even imprisoned for those acts then commit those same crimes again. I would never become involved with a person whose spouse or child died in a questionable way.
IMO, under the law, Casey is guilty of 1st degree murder. The duct tape proves that to me beyond any doubt. It is abusive to duct tape a toddler. If she didn't plan to kill Caylee, how did she plan to get the tape out of her hair. A person who does anything like that would NEVER have access to me, my children or my cat. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior and it would be negligent on my part to let such a person anywhere near my family.
I always thought people did background checks for that reason....especially when child care is concerned. I can't imagine someone saying...oh yeah, I'd love to have that accused child murderer babysit my kids. Aquitted or not...I'd question my own judgement (and sanity) if I elected her to become my zanny nanny.

You're correct. IMO WHY & WHAT Lee told Baez was never disclosed
I think you're right...there was something he had to tell Baez that he had discussed with his parents...and did we find that out with his testimony at trial? When did we learn that...not what did we learn. I think the rest was assumption...and not a bad assumption if you ask me.

Between my ex-husband, my parents and my oldest daughter I should be sitting in a rubber room with my finger up my nose eating twinkies stuffed with drugs...LOL
Years ago when I was in counseling she told me she was surprised how well adjusted I was. I can relate to CA in respect to having a daughter who isn't wound too tight. I love all three of my kids and would do almost anything for them but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. Someone asked who this imaginary person that GA thinks "possibly" had helped FCA. Who in the A family has no lines drawn besides FCA?
As a mother with a problem child, thats putting it mildly, when she was younger I knew who her friends were. They cared about her and actually offered to report to me if they saw something they thought I should know. When she was older, had her son and was living with me I had phone numbers. I knew who watched my grandson and where they lived. My daughter never hurt anyone, never stole anything but I knew her character better than anyone because I paid attention. Why did CA not know any friends, nannys phone number, address..nothing. It seemed FCA had to call in to report where she was, what she was doing and what time she would be home. Why did CA not investigate anything that was going on? What planet was she living on when all this money went missing, why did she not ask questions. It seems maybe FCA had been a problem before this, maybe CA was used to sticking her head in the sand, maybe FCA had worn her down to the point of surrender..who knows. Maybe CA thought the stolen money was payment somehow to keep FCA "happy". We know what she does when shes not happy. I still think those computer searches were made for not only Caylee but GA & CA. Someones very good post pointed out the effect killing Caylee and getting away with it might have on FCA and I agree. Once a person crosses that line IMO..there's no going back. Once a person takes another life I think it "goes to their head". I really believe FCA thinks she is "untouchable". Once her probation is over and this is all a bad dream to her, she will have to find a way to make a living. We know she doesn't believe in working for her money, she will go back to her old ways. None of what she has gone through is teaching anything but that!
My daughter is 30 years old and still going to school to become a counsler. You would think she should be good at making wise choices for herself..nope. I have watched her time and time again destroy her life. She was molested by a family member at a very young age and received alot of counseling but she has refused to this day to talk to me about it. Although at times we have been close, she harbors alot of hatred towards me which I am still not sure why. I know how a child can try to manipulate a mother for the guilt you feel that you didn't protect your child from harm. I was a very watchful parent but never saw the signs. Thankfully it was a short lived contact but it still did damage. It's possible FCA was molested by someone, she sure shows the signs.
I believe if CA had told the truth about what happened with FCA, we would be viewing CA as a victim. Her attempt to prove her daughter innocent to the world and herself has done nothing but cause her more pain and public outrage at her casual comments pertaining to Caylee.

The answers that CA is giving during these interviews are directed towards FCA.
She isn't answering questions honestly, she used these interviews to talk directly to FCA, to get FCA to come home to mommy. Let me continue to control your life and give me the answers I need about Caylee.
Dr. Phil stated that CA & GA had been candid and honest..I'm not sure how he got this statement out of his mouth with a straight face!
It was obvious to me the stark contrast between their response answering the same question. GA as always is creeping up to the plate. Maybe someday he will be able to say what he thinks without his.."possiblys" or these imaginary people he invents to take the heat off of FCA. When Dr. P asked the babysitting question, GA gave a great answer. It's up to LA & MP. CA goes right into sure, I don't have a problem with KC babysitting. Her answer was a mother protecting her child, not a grandmother concerned with her grandchildrens safety.
CA is still allowing her daughter to control her actions. CA isn't responsible in any way for what happened to Caylee but she does have to accept responsibility for IMO..the abuse she showered on HER children. The one thing we might all be able to agree on is FCA & LA are not well adjusted people. There is something odd about their behavior and I would guess that MP will fit nicely into this family from what I saw from her on the stand.
Whether it was verbal abuse CA gave her children or physical, or both..speaking from the receiving side of verbal abuse it can cause ALOT of mental and physical damage, it just doesn't leave any visible marks. Until CA deals with her truths, until she admits she is not this kind, loving, gentle mother she claims to be in front of the public, she will always feel the guilt for Caylees death. Unfortunatly, I would guess FCA treated Caylee the same way. In public she was this loving mother but when no one was watching, she abused her verbally as to not leave " any marks".
If I could talk to CA directly I would tell her to let it go, sort it out. No matter how badly she treated FCA, murder is never a normal response. If she continues to fashion her life around the guilt she WILL destroy her marriage and herself in the process!
CA ,through the 3rd interview had her ankles crossed. This is a sign of defensiveness-suppressing negative emotion. When CA was rambling on about the hot body pictures, defending by saying what if someone had snapped a picture of me laughing, would those pictures be posted all over the news, would people critize me for laughing when my grandaughter is gone?..Dr. Phil says, but CA, your not resposible for Caylees death. I saw CA's reaction, she drew back and put her head down. CA does feel guilt, alot of it and she needs alot of help to deal with that. When Dr. P asked if CA would accept FCA back into their home, CA smiles when she says Oh, KC knows I'm mad at her. Neither GA nor CA showed " normal" emotions through these interviews. If I was "mad" at my daughter for killing my grandchild, I could think of a stronger word than " mad" and I sure wouldn't be smiling when I said it.
I learned a few things from these interviews but I think as a whole they were a waste of time. Until CA stops "talking" to FCA everytime she opens her mouth and starts giving some real answers to questions, anything she says is just a waste..huge waste!

Responding to bolded: ITA. In three years I have never seen anything to suggest that CA possesses a loving disposition toward anyone. There is no grace or wisdom or even sadness. Only anger that anyone would dare confront her with the truth about her daughter. For those who say she loved Caylee and is so sad about her death, I don't buy it. I also was raised by a person with that same type of "love" and a pack of wolves would have done a better job.

What is ridiculous is that Cindy has stated that she believes it was an accident and because of some medical reason KC did not seek help or act appropriately. BUT she STILL would let KC babysit? THAT IS TOTALLY MESSED UP! She could have said "no, not until the brain tumor has been removed". Sheesh, if did didn't want ridiculous questions ask, STAY OFF INTERVIEW SHOWS!!!
After watching Day 2 on youtube, I think Cindy's answer to all her craziness is probably therapist driven...this is what I need to believe in today...maybe I will see things differently tomorrow, but for now I need to think and believe in this to get me through the day. I can actually see where that may have helped her from Day 31...but 3 years later...I don't see how this thinking is helpng her. Bless her if it is...but she really needs to keep these wacky comments to herself.

I'm not certain Casey isn't a homicidal maniac. I really can't say one way or the other because we don't have all the information needed to answer that question.

What we don't know is if Casey derived some pleasure and joy as she was placing the tape across her more than likely terrified child. If she did then yes I would categorize her as a homicidal maniac.

But I can say without a doubt in my mind Casey wouldn't hesitate in the LEAST to murder again, if she choose to do so. She has found that murdering benefits her, there is no threat of deterrence for Casey. Although she is the most hated person in this country Casey's life will be far better than it was (at least in her mind) while Caylee was alive.

Up to this point, before she was on parole, she got to travel all around the country on private jets. Before that Casey had never had the chance to travel anywhere. And will also be given a free pass to never have to work. And at some point when society has allowed Casey to disappear into a distant memory Casey will be able to resume her partying lifestyle again, and resume her Bella Vita. This time though without being saddled with the responsibility of a 2 year old child and her parents pushing her to be responsible.

Either way you slice it Casey is a dangerous woman who society should be protected from. A murderer is a murderer it doesn't matter if your body count is 1 or 1,000. This was not a murder done in self defense. If Casey had it in her to kill an innocent 2 year old child people would be fools to think Casey couldn't very easily kill again. Should the mood so strike Miss Casey.

Make no mistake both Anthony women are ticking time bombs ready to go off at any moment. I think it foolish for anyone to take a chance to leave the life of any of their loved ones in either womans hands.

If you look at the excitement in Casey's eyes and the the smile on her face ,as she is photographed wearing that blue hoodie in handcuffs at the police station ,I would say she's enjoying herself. If she liked that kind of attention she may very well be a homicidal maniac.

I'm starting to believe that Cindy may have told Dr. Phil a half truth about the chloroform. Based on GA and CA's separation and the issue over selling the house and splitting the money,etc, I would not be surprised to find out using chloroform (on George) may have been Cindy's idea . I'm serious. Much of what she said in the Dr. Phil interview has me wondering and it would explain why she has gone to such lengths to battle the obvious truth.

JMO

I think the thing that sticks in my mind is when KC told her friend she felt like she needed to get some mental health help. A few days later the friend ask her about it again and KC said she talked with her mother and her mother talked her out of it. GA was telling JG that there was something seriously wrong with KC. CA tells RP that KC is a sociopath. Now CA admits that KC has some serious mental issues and needs professional help. CA has known for a long time KC had issues and did nothing, nothing.

Had CA insisted KC sign herself in when KC came to her and asked for help this could very well be a different story today. KC was not suddenly traumatized because Caylee drowned and if she were why would anyone in that state of mind desecrate their child's body with duct tape and dispose of them like trash but have the presence of mind to go to Blockbuster and rent a movie about duct taping your victum. jmo

I read this transcript very recently (I think it was AH's transcript). IIRC, KC didn't say her mom talked her out of it. KC told AH, "It's OK now. I talked to my mom".

The nature of that conversation between KC and CA was not brought out in that interview. I remember it, because it was vague and I wanted to know more about the conversation between KC and CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber