GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

there are signs but many mothers don't see or understand them. unfortunately

Not in this case necessarily, but too often mothers ignore the signs. Or completely dismiss them to keep their man. My source: working at a child sexual abuse clinic and seeing the COUNTLESS mothers who stuck by their man instead of their child. Too many.

My two daughters are always telling me that I need to resign from WS because the child cases that end horribly really affect me for a long time. Today, I"m thinking that they may be right.

Same thing here. I've washed my face, and when I get my kids from school in a minute we're getting Icees and then anything they want for dinner. But yeah, it's hard to shake the aching on the inside.

I don't know how these crimes can be prevented; women and men will always get together, sometimes with a partner who has this "inclination" and the other person either knows or doesn't know. And people will always bring adults into their childrens' lives, for better or worse. If someone has no criminal history, for example, how is one to know and how can this be avoided? And if one does know, that parent should be charged with a crime as well, IMO.

Me too. It was rough sometimes back then, but now i look at him and realize how wonderful he was and cry to think how I sometimes treated him.
Kerra's situation just happens way too much....
Women are financially and emotionally desperate and put their children in jeopardy. IMHO

BBM. I think you hit the nail smack on the head - these women are poor and desperate. Maybe when we find an answer and a cure for that, we will be able to put an end to child abuse.

One thing I've found is many people, men and women, are unable to be alone, they need companionship constantly - they never give themselves time to find out who they are. I was an only child, HAD to rely on me and have done it ever since - yet, some of my children, 6 of them, are unable to do that. I don't believe people, women especially, have learned to respect themselves, dug deep inside, to find the strength to stand on their own two feet. This politically correct, anti-corporal-punishment mindset we live with has raised weak people with no backbone, men and women who will settle for anything, even baby-rapers and murderers, rather than finding the strength to fight life's battles alone for themselves and their children.

In MY opinion

I don't know how these crimes can be prevented; women and men will always get together, sometimes with a partner who has this "inclination" and the other person either knows or doesn't know. And people will always bring adults into their childrens' lives, for better or worse. If someone has no criminal history, for example, how is one to know and how can this be avoided? And if one does know, that parent should be charged with a crime as well, IMO.

You're absolutely right. In these type of familial cases, what can be prevented (provided he isn't a RSO). Mom married him and birthed 3 addtl kids with him. That's what humans do. Marry and reproduce. Like other posters have stated, their are some fabulous step-parents out there. In a great case scenario, you marry a wonderful guy and he becomes the father figure that your kid never had. This is the worst case scenario.

But, remember this - there are probably just as many, or more, biological parents that do this to their kids as well, so it's not just a step-parent thing unfortunately.

I can say this though. If something happened to my husband, I wouldn't bring another partner in my house until my kids went to college and were out of the house. I've seen too much of this. Not that there's anything wrong with widowed/divorced women remarrying, but I have seen too much of it to take a chance.

But then again, you're taking a chance just letting your kid go to a friend's house w/out you or to a boy scouts meeting. Anywhere your child goes without you, there is a chance something will happen. Do I sound like a neurotic mother or what?

[/B]

BBM. I think you hit the nail smack on the head - these women are poor and desperate. Maybe when we find an answer and a cure for that, we will be able to put an end to child abuse.

One thing I've found is many people, men and women, are unable to be alone, they need companionship constantly - they never give themselves time to find out who they are. I was an only child, HAD to rely on me and have done it ever since - yet, some of my children, 6 of them, are unable to do that. I don't believe people, women especially, have learned to respect themselves, dug deep inside, to find the strength to stand on their own two feet.

Yes, this is 100% true. Some mothers (not saying in this case) are so desperate for attention and love, they make sacrifices that affect their children.

I don't car what people think, women should wait till their children are grown before bringing a new man into their lives. If they chose to go it alone, then go it alone. There is always Gov't help for finances if they need it.

I have a feeling it is less to do with money and more to do with their raging hormones. Sorry their are way too many cases about Step Parents. Sure I know there is the rare perfect parent that steps up to the plate, but many times it is not perfect. It is better to wait till the kids are grown.

..........Okay, throw the tomatoes, I've got the plastic sheets ready!

omg I came on here for an update and find this. :( watching the presser right now and yes it is very heartbreaking.

I have a friend who got divorced 2 years ago this December. Since then...well, actually since before the divorce while they were separated, she has had countless "boyfriends" in her life. They usually last a few months but almost all have either moved in or stayed there enough that they essentially lived there (just didn't pay bills!). She has 2 children, ages 6 and 8. Those kids have been exposed to so many men that I can't even count them. A few have had children of their own, some haven't. She has let them all watch her kids at one point or another. She has met all of them (except one) on a dating site. She has never dated more than one at a time, but as soon as one is gone, another one is there almost immediately. I think the longest between them has been a couple of months.

Sadly, our friendship has paid the price because I just cannot understand how she can continue to introduce so many new men into her children's lives. She can't be alone and she doesn't seem to care how it affects her children. I couldn't care less if she slept with every man in town, but why does she have to introduce the kids to them???

I miss her as a friend, but we just will never see eye-to-eye on this and I can't watch it anymore. Oh, and her ex is in the kids lives, and he is aware of the men, but he hasn't done much about it (other than fight with her). If I were him, I'd be changing the custody arrangements ASAP, but that's just me.

This is why I'm probably going to be 60 years old and alone. By the time my kids will be out of the house and I'm "free" to date, no one will want me. But, as long as my kids are safe, it's worth the cost. There are days when I'm a little sad about it, but it's still worth it.

Are these other women just clueless? Do we "know" too much because we are so involved here at WS? I mean, for crying out loud, I'm lonely too, but I don't bring all these men home putting my kids at risk just so I can feel better!

Ok. Off soapbox. Sorry for OT.

I don't car what people think, women should wait till their children are grown before bringing a new man into their lives. If they chose to go it alone, then go it alone. There is always Gov't help for finances if they need it.

I have a feeling it is less to do with money and more to do with their raging hormones. Sorry their are way too many cases about Step Parents. Sure I know there is the rare perfect parent that steps up to the plate, but many times it is not perfect. It is better to wait till the kids are grown.

Tomato.JPG

I don't think women should be expected to spend their lives alone because they have kids. Been living/raising mine on my own for 15 years now. Been dating the same someone for over 8. People don't take the time to get to really know someone. But then again some just don't care. Raging hormones for sure. Kids are a 2nd or 3rd thought. I know I'm not close to perfect, but some people just don't deserve kids.

Does anyone know what "missed resync record' means? I decided to type in the mothers name on this and I used her maiden name and also the state she moved here from and someone her age and same name came up and thats what it said. Also, did anyone catch what her middle name is? I don't want to post the info here since i'm not 100% sure its her.

The mother is considered a victim at this point, so I don't believe we can post stuff like that on her.

NO >>> please no. No...no.... this has to stop

This will only stop when women get enough gumption to wait for a decent man OR we find out why so many men rape and murder children.

My first guess is DRUGS, but that doesn't answer all the questions. It seems some men, bio fathers included, lust after young, sometimes prepubescent flesh. Until we find the answers to WHY that is, this is going to keep on happening.

Actually, my second guess is *advertiser censored*. I can hear the boos now and see the tomatoes coming.

Now, are there ary psychologists, or psychiatrists on this board? If so, speak up, explain, please.

Tomato.JPG

I don't think women should be expected to spend their lives alone because they have kids. Been living/raising mine on my own for 15 years now. Been dating the same someone for over 8. People don't take the time to get to really know someone. But then again some just don't care. Raging hormones for sure. Kids are a 2nd or 3rd thought. I know I'm not close to perfect, but some people just don't deserve kids.

They're not alone, they have their children. Their children should be the priority. Men come in a distant second and down the line when the children are old enough. Some women can't even be a week w/o a man. I have seen this scenario play over and over again. When will they learn?

The mother is considered a victim at this point, so I don't believe we can post stuff like that on her.

I deleted it, could you delete the one u sent to me since you quoted me, I want to make sure its off. Sorry everyone. MY BAD!

BBM- One of the few things I agreed with, that Dr. Laura Schlessinger said.

You'll get no tomatoes from me-

I have a friend who got divorced 2 years ago this December. Since then...well, actually since before the divorce while they were separated, she has had countless "boyfriends" in her life. They usually last a few months but almost all have either moved in or stayed there enough that they essentially lived there (just didn't pay bills!). She has 2 children, ages 6 and 8. Those kids have been exposed to so many men that I can't even count them. A few have had children of their own, some haven't. She has let them all watch her kids at one point or another. She has met all of them (except one) on a dating site. She has never dated more than one at a time, but as soon as one is gone, another one is there almost immediately. I think the longest between them has been a couple of months.

Sadly, our friendship has paid the price because I just cannot understand how she can continue to introduce so many new men into her children's lives. She can't be alone and she doesn't seem to care how it affects her children. I couldn't care less if she slept with every man in town, but why does she have to introduce the kids to them???

I miss her as a friend, but we just will never see eye-to-eye on this and I can't watch it anymore. Oh, and her ex is in the kids lives, and he is aware of the men, but he hasn't done much about it (other than fight with her). If I were him, I'd be changing the custody arrangements ASAP, but that's just me.

This is why I'm probably going to be 60 years old and alone. By the time my kids will be out of the house and I'm "free" to date, no one will want me. But, as long as my kids are safe, it's worth the cost. There are days when I'm a little sad about it, but it's still worth it.

Are these other women just clueless? Do we "know" too much because we are so involved here at WS? I mean, for crying out loud, I'm lonely too, but I don't bring all these men home putting my kids at risk just so I can feel better!

Ok. Off soapbox. Sorry for OT.

I was sixty also when the kids were grown. I worked inside a prison. I worked w/sex offenders. I know how many there are. If you don't believe it can happen, you are living in a fantasy world. I don't care if you agree or not. Keep the men out of your childrens' lives. Take or leave it. You may get lucky and have the perfect man but then again you may not. Is it worth the chance just so you don't have to be alone? :banghead:

I would ask SOs when they paroled (yes, they parole) what they would do if they saw a girl they wanted walking down the streeet. Many would say, "I would take her". There you go! Some of them are wired differently and don't care. It is all about them and their needs. When they feel they need sex...well, they just take whatever is around and vulnerable.

The presser was hearbreaking. I'm sitting here crying right now. Rest in peace, Kerra. I cannot understand this. My condolences to Kerra's grandparents.

BBM - No tomatoes, but I have to disagree about gov't help. I have daughers, and one of them has gotten enough help to stick in her ear. Today's Gov't takes care of itself, even when it's out of office, and not the needy women and children.

I can agree on the raging hormones, however. Why not? Every time I turn on the TV I get commercials touting "how good it feels" when you buy a certain oil, or a vibrator that blows your hair back. Like, who gives a crap? I don't, but I'm sure there are those who do. Ya know, if you want to correct a certain bad behavior, you don't make more laws, you REPLACE the bad stuff with something worthwhile. I believe our society has forgotten that, IF they ever knew it.

DUCK, whisperer, I have a ripe one in hand, LOL. Sorry, if I couldn't laugh I'd have to cry and I'm sick to death of crying - let's honestly DO something!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back