Conrad Murray trial -Day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an RN for 26+ years, I would like to have 30 minutes in a room alone with Dr. Murray. Please God!

The CEO of AEG did reiterate this information during his testimony.

LOL thanks. I didnt hear that then. I felt kinda good yesterday about being able to leave the room and not rush to get back because I might miss something.

I watched every second of ICA's except two days and I watched them at night. I am not doing that this time.

You know what I noticed. I will have to admit I was a bit surprised with CM got tearful. I'm always a bit leary of tears....... or they for the defendant or the victim? However, in this case, I felt CM was truly sorry (showing remorse) about everything that happened. I do not think CM knew all the drugs MJ was on. Obviously, CM didn't do a blood/toxicology test on MJ. He believed MJ. Who wouldn't?

I guess it is ones own perception, dunnie.

I had flashbacks to Casey Anthony who had the tissue to her eyes but no tears.

But if he cries (which imo he didn't) he cries for himself and not for the patient he recklessly killed, imo.

Doctors have a tendency to think they are above the law anyway.

IMO

Earth Song give me goosebumps every time I hear it. Certain combinations of tones are know to do that and MJ was a genius to know what those combinations were. I was not a fan, but I can say I didn't not like him. I came up in a bother era, that of the Beatles, but I did really like Michael's music. My late son loved Michael's music and I can remember him talking about the CD "History" and doing a countdown as to how many days left before it was on the market.

But... who said it, and how do we know it's true? I always get bogged down in details.

The prosecutor who did the opening for the state ,I forgot his name.

He stated in his opening ,Dr murray had asked for 5r mil a year but got slightly less than that then he mentioned the contract of 150,000 a month which was signed by Dr Murray.

Earth Song give me goosebumps every time I hear it. Certain combinations of tones are know to do that and MJ was a genius to know what those combinations were. I was not a fan, but I can say I didn't not like him. I came up in a bother era, that of the Beatles, but I did really like Michael's music. My late son loved Michael's music and I can remember him talking about the CD "History" and doing a countdown as to how many days left before it was on the market.

Did you hear Gongaware testify that all 50 shows were sold out almost instantly and 250,000 people were still wanting tickets???????????

No one ever has had the draw and appeal like Michael Jackson did. Even though I was never a big fan of his........I certainly knew he was an amazingly gifted entertainer.

IMO

JVM's show said that the day the tape was made was the first day that Murray met MJ???

The prosecutor who did the opening for the state ,I forgot his name.

He stated in his Dr murray had asked for 5r mil a year but got slightly less than that then he mentioned the contract of 150,000 a month which was signed by Dr Murray.

Walgren and I really like him and the female prosecutor.

I think Murray felt he could just throw any amount out there and they would agree to it since it was Michael Jackson.

IMO

JVM's show said that the day the tape was made was the first day that Murray met MJ???

Jane is so full of beans. It really irritates me when commentators don't even listen to the OSs.

Murray became MJs personal doctor in April 2009.

The tape was on May 10, 2009 and just TWO DAYS LATER (May 12, 2009) Murray reordered more propofol.

IMO

Murray originally asked for $5 million a year, Gongaware said.

"I told him there was no way that was going to happen," he said. "Michael couldn't afford it."

Negotiations temporarily stalled at that point until Jackson told Gongaware to offer Murray $150,000 a month.

Murray originally refused that offer as well until Gongaware told him that the offer came directly from Jackson

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...ews&id=4889:trial-testimony-summary&Itemid=82

Did you hear Gongaware testify that all 50 shows were sold out almost instantly and 250,000 people were still wanting tickets???????????

No one ever has had the draw and appeal like Michael Jackson did. Even though I was never a big fan of his........I certainly knew he was an amazingly gifted entertainer.

IMO

Yes! and he stated that the additional 250,000 would have supported another 50 shows! I can't imagine doing the first 50, same routines over and over again. That has got to get old if not frustrating for the performer. MJ was very much in demand, but I don't think he knew it.

Jane is so full of beans. It really irritates me when commentators don't even listen to the OSs.

Murray became MJs personal doctor in April 2009.

The tape was on May 10, 2009 and just TWO DAYS LATER (May 12, 2009) Murray reordered more propofol.

IMO

And I thought I understood that the recording was done after Dr. Murray sedated Michael. There is something very very sick about this, if not federally wrong.

Does anyone know why the pharmacy in Nevada was shut down? Did it have anything to do with this case?

As much as no one wants to hear it, MJ and Dr. Murray are both at fault.

We don't know if the Dr. gave the last fatal dose or if MJ added to the Dr.'s dose. We just don't know.

We do know MJ was using propofol (among other things) to sleep, which is not the drugs intended purpose. We may hear MJ had some addiction issues to other sleep aids, we may not. We already heard about the demoral.

As far as who first started prescribing it and who continued, that would be different cases all together. Not this trial that is happening now, so it is best to keep the issues separate, while sadly the consequences were not.

As far as this Dr. goes, he knew this was an illegal, unethical, and potentially fatal plan. Any Dr. would. That is where any culpability on this Dr. comes in. He agreed to do this, knowing it could all go very wrong.

The jury will have to decide just what punishment the Dr. will receive. If they decide he gave the fatal dose, that is just one of the charges, the worst one. If they do not know who gave the fatal dose, but know the Dr. should never have gone along with the plan, that is a different charge, but does not include the death of the patient. Then there will, most likely, be testimony that the Dr. really did not know much about the patient and his addictions, and discovered it all too late. Which I would find hard to believe given the recording, he knew at least by May 9, plenty of time to stop administering propofol, get it out of the house, put it under lock and key, or just quit the job if his medical knowledge and intervention were being shoved aside.

It is a tough issue. I am looking forward to hearing the Court arguments and evidence. I would not want to be a juror on this case, not at all.

Thank you for summing up the situation. I'm in agreement .
I feel terrible for his mother and his siblings . I'm sure they wish they could have done more. His children adore him. I hope that is never taken away from them.

MJ was well loved all over the world.He was one of a kind in talent and performance.I am not surprised how many shows he sold and was going to sell.I also think he truly loved his fans,and loved the art.He was a perfectionist and that's why most artist's did it MJ's way.As Kenny Ortega ,spoke in court,he made a point of saying MJ was the boss.

Did you see the movie "This is It"? It's REALLY good, and worth renting.

It really shows the true Michael.

IMO
I loved him as a child /preteen. Always liked his music. We Are The World touched me .Man in the Mirror ,Black and White. He wasn't afraid to make a statement,but through his music,not commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa