MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very glad little Lisa was given an amber alert - without even knowing who has her or what vehicle is involved. I believe this is what should happen for all small children who turn up missing. It can always be cancelled later if circumstances come to light differently.

On one picture I saw other children in the doorway. I wonder what the sleeping arrangements were? Was she in a room by herself?

I hate to say that if there was a night lamp left on, someone could easily look in and see a child in the crib if there were no coverings on the window.

If there were blinds on the windows, it should have made some noise as someone was entering and exiting. Did they have a baby monitor on?

What caused the parents to check up on her at that time of the night? Did they hear a noise or a cry?

My 4-month old granddaughter goes to sleep at night between 9 and 10....so it seems apparent that this little one went to bed in the evening around 10:30, or perhaps that's when her parents went to bed and they checked on her before turning in. Maybe Mom or Dad got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom...or perhaps was worried because baby hadn't woken up (if baby still got up in the night, I had one that did for 18 months!). I can only imagine the sheer and utter panic of entering her room and seeing the empty crib.

I am using Chrome and it says I need a firefox plugin to view live feed. I'm not using firefox, can anyone explain what I need to install?

I wonder what the weather has been like, any rain, any chance of foot prints? Maybe there is sparse grass and dirt or sand near the house. The lawn doesn't look all that lush to me.

AMBER Alert issued for missing 10-month-old girl in KCMO

According to NBC Action News, officials are looking for Lisa Irwin who was last seen in her crib at approximately 10:30 p.m. Monday night at a residence in the 3600 block of North Lister in Kansas City, Missouri.

She is described as follows:

•blonde hair

•blue eyes

•30-inches tall

•weighs 26-30 lbs.

•has two bottom teeth

•a beauty mark on right outer thigh

•currently has a cold with a cough and a small bug bite under her left ear.

•last seen wearing purple shorts/pants with white kittens printed

http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/stor...10-month-old-girl/0_itjqHAjEmaczK9t9io-A.cspx

Since she had a cold I wonder if the mother didn't take her to the doctor recently and some woman who wants a baby saw her and followed to where they live.

This sounds like this could be one of those cases where a woman for whatever reason decides to kidnap a child for her own.

That's the first thing I thought of too.

I wonder what the weather has been like, any rain, any chance of foot prints? Maybe there is sparse grass and dirt or sand near the house. The lawn doesn't look all that lush to me.

It's been like living on the sun. Very very dry.

I am using Chrome and it says I need a firefox plugin to view live feed. I'm not using firefox, can anyone explain what I need to install?

You might need to uninstall adobe flash and install the newest version. That's what I had to do.

Could dogs track the direction she was carried away in? If yes, then where are the dogs? Oh, I want them to hurry up and bring the dogs so at least they would have a general direction of travel.

This is the kind of thing that scares me to DEATH... That some freak can come into your house, in the dead of the night & steal the most important thing in the universe right from you...

A few of my friends thought I was paranoid (and I am) when I chose the smallest of our extra bedrooms for our daughter. The other one has a huge closet & it's own bathroom, but THAT one faces the street. The room she is in may be a little smaller, but all 3 of her windows are within the 6.5 foot high privacy fenced backyard.

But, I too wonder if they had a baby moniter on... Ours picks up EVERYTHING. I can hear our little girl breathing over her monitor...

Prayers for Baby Lisa & her family!!!!

I can't imagine what these parents are going through. When my youngest was about that age he slept with his father & I but was really bad for climbing out of bed and going to the living room to sleep with the dog or on through the house to his brother's room and sleeping at the foot of his bed. We woke up one morning and couldn't find him in any of those 3 spots and it was the worst 10 minutes of my life. By the time my husband found him under his brother's bed all the way at the top and back against the wall behind some stuffed animals I was on the phone with 911 falling apart.
If these parents are innoncent (and I have no reason to believe they aren't) they are living a nightmare that no parent deserves to go through. My heart truly goes out to them and I hope this ends quickly and happily.

According to a police spokesperson, officers believe a suspect "entered/exited through a bedroom window." Police also say that evidence suggests the child has been abducted.

NBC Action News' Sloane Heller said that the girl's parents were at home at the time she went missing and that they notified police at around 4 a.m. Tuesday.

Police on scene tell NBC Action News two other pre-teen children, both boys, live at the house and were home at the time of the abduction, but both were safe and accounted for. They were sleeping in a separate bedroom.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ssing-10-month-old-girl-in-kcmo#ixzz1Zp6u9i9q

BBM

The bolded above sounds ominous. What was the evidence of abduction?

ooops! wrong page sorry mods!

Suzy, you posted on the wrong thread. Might want to delete.

KMBC9 reported that LE canines were searching the wooded area behind the home earlier this am. There was also a door to door canvas of the neighborhood.

Since she had a cold I wonder if the mother didn't take her to the doctor recently and some woman who wants a baby saw her and followed to where they live.

This sounds like this could be one of those cases where a woman for whatever reason decides to kidnap a child for her own.

How would a stranger know which bedroom to enter? And that the other kids would be in another room? I hope they are thinking through all the people who have recently been in or around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macywesterham