Misty's Supreme Court Filing SC10-1989

Thanks KRKRJX!

In a way I feel bad for Misty but then again maybe this will be an eye opener for her to tell the truth....It looks like she has run out of options....She just needs to tell the truth.fgs

Thanks KRKRJX!

In a way I feel bad for Misty but then again maybe this will be an eye opener for her to tell the truth....It looks like she has run out of options....She just needs to tell the truth.fgs

I am not sure how this appeal came to be filed by Mr. White in the first place. It appears as though he took it upon himself to file, maybe without Misty's consent and possibly even without her knowledge. From the dismissal wording (it's in the court update thread) it sounds like it is an issue of the appeal being filed "unauthorized." If that's why it was dismissed it seems Misty could file a proper SC appeal--maybe she will if her district court appeals are dismissed or denied.

I was not as affected by this news as I might have been. I have spent the last few days feeling so bad for Hope Sykes that I suppose the circumstances of any and all of the others is taking a back seat.

But as you said, Misty needs an eye-opener, and her various appeals being denied might just be that. I just want her--or someone!!--to talk, and to do it honestly and sincerely, for the first time in this sad, sad case.

I am not sure how this appeal came to be filed by Mr. White in the first place. It appears as though he took it upon himself to file, maybe without Misty's consent and possibly even without her knowledge. From the dismissal wording (it's in the court update thread) it sounds like it is an issue of the appeal being filed "unauthorized." If that's why it was dismissed it seems Misty could file a proper SC appeal--maybe she will if her district court appeals are dismissed or denied.

I was not as affected by this news as I might have been. I have spent the last few days feeling so bad for Hope Sykes that I suppose the circumstances of any and all of the others is taking a back seat.

But as you said, Misty needs an eye-opener, and her various appeals being denied might just be that. I just want her--or someone!!--to talk, and to do it honestly and sincerely, for the first time in this sad, sad case.
I don't feel bad for Misty. It seems they're all concentrating on lowering their drug sentences through appeals on being wronged in their drug cases. whatever. Misty had her chance with an immunity deal, but she said no. Ron did strike a deal, based on Haleigh & Tommy actually had the nerve to try to use his Haleigh 'cooperation' as leverage. But, as for telling what happened to her, they're all keeping mum. So, as far as I'm concerned, they're all right where they need to be. Let them sit & think about why they're there. MOO.

i am hoping in the next few days that there will be BIG news that Misty sang like a bird!!!!! Hey, A girl can dream :)

She still uses the Cummings name?

She still uses the Cummings name?

Another mega overlooked point, she is in LOVE. Anyone who after a "divorce" gets Ronald Sr tattooed above your rear has it bad.

jmo

I just saw this on my Google alerts and wondered why they even bothered to report it because her St. Johns Co. conviction was upheld months ago and that carries a 25 yr. sentence so regardless if her Putnam Co. convictions were overturned or reduced she still has a 25 yr. sentence to serve. And the $100 fine mistake doesn't even put a dent in her total fines!

Tommy's appeal is still pending.

MOO

maybe now, after loosing her appeal she might have a change of heart,,,,ok, just hoping
jmo

Why would Misty have a change of heart?
25 years is a whole lot better than life for murder.
She may be stupid, but she's likely no dummy.

Logic says if you are "stupid" then you are technically "dumb". jmo

who said misty is the one who murdered Haleigh? she might be an accessory, or maybe was used as a pawn, hence cutting a deal to knock off the 25 years would be a good thing for her

jmo

This is something I've given a lot of thought. IMO, because of their investigation and LDTs etc... LE knows who did and who didn't murder Haleigh. IMO, they don't have the necessary evidence to prove it. And this is where I'm a little torn. Would they have offered Misty any kind of immunity deal, if they believed she killed Haleigh? IMO, probably not. When the harbour search was going on, LE made the statement that Misty knew she was in a lot of trouble. I took it that they knew she was involved, and culpable somehow, but not the murderer. IMO, LE has never shown much interest in JO...at least none that I could tell. which is odd either way you look at it... because he WAS there, he was related and he did have a grudge with Ron. So, I don't think LE has completely disregarded him, but I'm not sure he's in their cross hairs. maybe he is. Then there's Ron. If LE suspects him, they've had a weird way of showing it. Except for busting him, and stifling him with the proffer, I don't see much suspicion. IMO, it looks like they know Ron has been holding back important information. Then there's Tommy. Does LE suspect him? I'm not sure, but IMO, they pulled out all of the stops to get him those 15 years. IMO, him being called a suspect was serious business. Considering how tightlipped this LE is, I saw it more as a tipping of their hand, than as a railroad. They were pushed into a corner with the possible 3 years, and did what they could to get him locked up. So, which one? back to square one. Obviously, LE has a lot of information that hasn't been released, and whatever it is, points to at least one of these people. IMO, Tommy's 1st arrest and getting him to say he had been by the trailer was orchestrated, and he fell into a trap. He didn't accomplish a thing, except a little bit of freedom and putting himself at the crime scene. He later backed away from the time, but LE said they were sticking with it, (reported by Art Harris, I think), so IMO, LE has enough evidence, to know something crucial happened at 10ish. And when the JO story broke, Tommy was again front and center. IMO, LE set another trap that he again, fell right into. But, my question is this...Did LE get any viable evidence? I think so. IMO, this is why Tommy didn't back away from JO when Misty and CC did. He couldn't. We heard about cinder blocks and yellow rope. What all did we NOT hear about? But the timing of the story, and Tommy being called a suspect, and Misty reportedly being offered immunity, all point, IMO, to LE suspecting Tommy. I could be way off, and their evidence may point at noone but Misty. We won't know until and unless LE decides to share with the public. I get a real bad feeling where Tommy is concerned, so I'm not very objective. I realize that. But, a lot of little things add up to big things. His wife, (on the call from him to FH), asked if Tommy was, 'the one'. He said no, but then she divorced him. If his own wife had to ask, IMO, something's wrong. Speaking of that call...IMO, I've never heard such fake contrition in my life. His mantra of doing something that should have been done a long time ago, made my blood run cold. Maybe I'm wrong, but that phone call had a profound effect on me. I felt like I was listening to a cold blooded murderer, who was trying to lie, blame and squirm his way out of trouble. All JMO

I just saw this on my Google alerts and wondered why they even bothered to report it because her St. Johns Co. conviction was upheld months ago and that carries a 25 yr. sentence so regardless if her Putnam Co. convictions were overturned or reduced she still has a 25 yr. sentence to serve. And the $100 fine mistake doesn't even put a dent in her total fines!

Tommy's appeal is still pending.

MOO

Tommy's was denied as well. I think it was about a week or two before Misty's.

The only one remaining open now is Donna's. It appears she has gone through at least two attorneys in the process--appeal remanded at one point for the appointment of public attorney, then one was appointed but soon another delay for appointment of "conflict free" public attorney. So, not sure what's going on with Donna.

This is something I've given a lot of thought. IMO, because of their investigation and LDTs etc... LE knows who did and who didn't murder Haleigh. IMO, they don't have the necessary evidence to prove it. And this is where I'm a little torn. Would they have offered Misty any kind of immunity deal, if they believed she killed Haleigh? IMO, probably not.

(snipped)

LE will sometimes offer a deal to the one they know is the killer. It depends on the circumstances. I believe LE knows Zahra Baker's stepmom killed her and then did away with her remains, or helped do away with them. But LE offered her a deal...tell us where the body is and we will not charge you with Murder One.

If ever a case was Murder One, that case is it. But the killer pled out to second degree on a plea deal. It is possible she could be sentenced to less time than Misty was (although I think if there is any way to legally add a year for this and two years for that, etc., the judge will do it in that case).

The plea deal for her to not go to trial was based on the prosecutor wanting her convicted no matter what, and he said since you can never know what a jury is going to do, the plea deal was better than her going free.

LE will sometimes offer a deal to the one they know is the killer. It depends on the circumstances. I believe LE knows Zahra Baker's stepmom killed her and then did away with her remains, or helped do away with them. But LE offered her a deal...tell us where the body is and we will not charge you with Murder One.

If ever a case was Murder One, that case is it. But the killer pled out to second degree on a plea deal. It is possible she could be sentenced to less time than Misty was (although I think if there is any way to legally add a year for this and two years for that, etc., the judge will do it in that case).

The plea deal for her to not go to trial was based on the prosecutor wanting her convicted no matter what, and he said since you can never know what a jury is going to do, the plea deal was better than her going free.
I've read differing versions of Misty's supposed offer. At 1st, I read that the ammunity only applied to Haleigh charges, but her drug charges would stand as is. If Misty was the perp, that offer would make sense. LE would have a body, the case would be closed, and Misty would be serving 25 years. I'm not sure of the murder laws, but 25 years sounds about right for the circumstances. But, then I started reading that ALL of Misty's charges were to be dropped and she would walk free. If this was the case, I don't believe she was the murderer. No way, IMO, would this LE offer a murderer complete immunity. I've been corrected more than once about what the immunity included, so it's MOO, that Misty isn't the perp...at least not the main perp. For LE to offer her anything, implies strongly that she was involved...and by not accepting the deal, she could face her own charges later. And if the offer was a full deal, like I've been reading, this is exactly what I think is going to happen. Misty will face charges as some kind of accomplice or accessory. JMO

I've read differing versions of Misty's supposed offer. At 1st, I read that the ammunity only applied to Haleigh charges, but her drug charges would stand as is. If Misty was the perp, that offer would make sense. LE would have a body, the case would be closed, and Misty would be serving 25 years. I'm not sure of the murder laws, but 25 years sounds about right for the circumstances. But, then I started reading that ALL of Misty's charges were to be dropped and she would walk free. If this was the case, I don't believe she was the murderer. No way, IMO, would this LE offer a murderer complete immunity. I've been corrected more than once about what the immunity included, so it's MOO, that Misty isn't the perp...at least not the main perp. For LE to offer her anything, implies strongly that she was involved...and by not accepting the deal, she could face her own charges later. And if the offer was a full deal, like I've been reading, this is exactly what I think is going to happen. Misty will face charges as some kind of accomplice or accessory. JMO

A deal for all Misty's charges being dropped and her walking free for telling where Haleigh is could have been a rumor. It's not like there have not been any in this case.

I'll listen to any news that regards little Haleigh. Just the thought that one day, somehow, or somewhere, we will find out where she is, or what happened to her.

As far as the cast of characters that possibly took part in Haleigh's disappearence, I don't expect any new information or anything after all this time. It makes me very sad. They are only looking out for themselves.

My hope is one day that we will learn what happened to sweet Haleigh. But I don't think I'll see that in my lifetime.

We're all still praying for you Haleigh.. You are very loved!

If there was anything kind of ammunity offered, logic tells me that it would somehow have resulted in Misty's time served being less but not necessarily an immediate release. That nothng came of it leads me to believe that she could not provide what they wanted/needed. Unless she's taken some magic pill since she's been in prison, she has said enough that when it comes to her or anyone else getting out, her only concern is her.

I tend to believe that she has tried to tell them about Ron's involvement but since it's her word against his, it hasn't gone anywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back