Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quirky Knox ... only arrested because she was "too pretty" (her words from her diary). It seems that not only were the mobs in the street outside the courtroom outaged with the appeal verdict, but plenty of journalists are coming forward to call a spade a spade.

"As she sprinted out of court for the last time, Knox made a pretty spectacle, sobbing and sniffling as onlookers mobbed her. But then, I caught sight of something Knox didn’t want me to see. She grinned, and heartily.

The truth is murkier than a Florida swamp.

Following in the footsteps of her role model, Casey Anthony -- another 20-something hottie, acquitted in Orlando for the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee -- Knox played the “I’m too pretty to kill” card.

Knox convinced the majority of the planet that she was nailed for no reasons other than she was too attractive, too weird, too American. She was freed for the same reasons. A brilliant strategy."

During the police investigation, Knox and her boyfriend and co-defendant, Sollecito, did not freak out in fear that, had Knox been home at the time of Kercher’s murder, she could have been the victim. The pair of kooky cretins kissed, hugged and made out like horny schoolkids, right in the lockup. Knox did cartwheels."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/gals_too_pretty_to_convict_hRuTL5LacO68j6ljs1jUIL

Odd this link is no longer available. I wonder why?
It is still appearing here:

Murdered Meredith Kercher's family to sue Amanda Knox
The family of murdered British student Meredith Kercher are set to sue freed Amanda Knox for 8 million pounds.
Britain's Sun newspaper reported that Kercher's family are appalled by the news that Knox is set to land millions in media deals after being cleared in the Meredith Kercher murder case - a trial that took Italy (where the two were roommates), by storm.

http://www.asianage.com/international/murdered-meredith-kerchers-family-sue-amanda-knox-850

"Baez said that the Knox verdict was strange for him, as he felt the same feelings when Casey Anthony was acquitted a few months ago.

It was "a very surreal moment for me because I remembered being in that situation -- where a young woman's life hung in the balance -- and in a split second, her life was given back to her," Baez said, adding that Casey and Amanda are just a "pair of All American girls."

http://celebs./viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980535995

You know, Otto, I'm being completely honest with everyone here when I say that this case has changed my outlook on forming opinions about other ones. I'm never going to make snap judgements on someone's guilt without having thorough knowledge of the evidence against them. Not having followed the Anthony Case, I don't know if she killed her daughter or not. At the least, I know she is guilty of child neglect for not reporting her daughter missing. And it appears she is guilty of completely un-coerced lies regarding her employer. Beyond that I don't have enough information to say whether she should have been found guilty of murder.

You know, Otto, I'm being completely honest with everyone here when I say that this case has changed my outlook on forming opinions about other ones. I'm never going to make snap judgements on someone's guilt without having thorough knowledge of the evidence against them. Not having followed the Anthony Case, I don't know if she killed her daughter or not. At the least, I know she is guilty of child neglect for not reporting her daughter missing. And it appears she is guilty of completely un-coerced lies regarding her employer. Beyond that I don't have enough information to say whether she should have been found guilty of murder.
I second that.

(snip for space)
During the police investigation, Knox and her boyfriend and co-defendant, Sollecito, did not freak out in fear that, had Knox been home at the time of Kercher’s murder, she could have been the victim. The pair of kooky cretins kissed, hugged and made out like horny schoolkids, right in the lockup. Knox did cartwheels."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/gals_too_pretty_to_convict_hRuTL5LacO68j6ljs1jUIL

Well, seeing as how the writer is forming an opinion based on information that is wrong, it's hard to take their opinion seriously. We know they weren't making out, and Knox told Lumumba she was afraid to work nights, and followed Sollecito everywhere out of fear of being alone.

Civil suits are common in the US, and usually successful even if the criminal conviction isn't there. I'm skeptical about the truth of the article, but if it is true, why shouldn't the vicitm's family do whatever it can to prevent Knox from profiting from her crimes? She spent 3 years in prison for falsely accusing Patrick of rape and murder and now she wants to cash in. That's a bit sickening, if you ask me.

"But Knox’s acquittal represents a tragedy of the justice system, eerily reminiscent of the Orlando, Fla. trial that found Casey Anthony not guilty of murdering her daughter Caylee in July.

The acquittal of Amanda Knox is a serious miscarriage of justice."

http://arbiteronline.com/2011/10/10/acquitted-or-not-evidence-points-to-amanda-knoxs-guilt/

I don't have time to cite each instance, but again, this author lists factually wrong reasons for her guilt. And again, what do her looks have to do with Sollecito? How did he get off?

I followed both cases and, in my opinion, both women got away with murder. In both cases, the juries were looking for something that they didn't need - something along the lines of a video clip of the murder.

Quirky Knox ... only arrested because she was "too pretty" (her words from her diary). It seems that not only were the mobs in the street outside the courtroom outaged with the appeal verdict, but plenty of journalists are coming forward to call a spade a spade.

"As she sprinted out of court for the last time, Knox made a pretty spectacle, sobbing and sniffling as onlookers mobbed her. But then, I caught sight of something Knox didn’t want me to see. She grinned, and heartily.

The truth is murkier than a Florida swamp.

Following in the footsteps of her role model, Casey Anthony -- another 20-something hottie, acquitted in Orlando for the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee -- Knox played the “I’m too pretty to kill” card.

Knox convinced the majority of the planet that she was nailed for no reasons other than she was too attractive, too weird, too American. She was freed for the same reasons. A brilliant strategy."

She grinned heartily? This is abnormal? She had just found she was NOT going to be sentenced to life in prison, but would soon be on a plane home, eating and drinking with her family - and grinning is abnormal? I am surprised she cried as much as she did, and did not smile more.:furious:

Yes. And it is as old as the hills. Why is it being assumed that Amanda wanted "the wrong kind of attention" from a male police officer??:waitasec::furious:

Give me one good reason why a 20 year old woman would flip cartwheels at a police station in Seattle while giving witness statements during a murder investigation. Surely all judgement is not so feeble that this is considered normal in Seattle.

PMF was originally part of Huffington post and then it was given over to a couple of the regular posters.

I don't understand what that means, but Okay.

All I know is that Michael and Skeptical Bystander moderated a thread on the true crime weblog, and when that closed everything was continued at PMF.

Give me one good reason why a 20 year old woman would flip cartwheels at a police station in Seattle while giving witness statements during a murder investigation. Surely all judgement is not so feeble that this is considered normal in Seattle.
Nerves? She had not been called in yet. It really is a trivial point.:seeya:

Because 20 year old women do not always understand the complexities of certain situations. I did many foolish and inappropriate things as a 20 year old...at inopportune moments. I am heartily amazed and thankful that I was not afforded the dire consequences Miss Knox incurred.

So have these allegations of sexual harassment moved past the allegation stage? If not, I'm going to again state that until they are substantiated, they are still allegations, not something that has been proven. It is disturbing to me to read where people are taking this as a "given," and seem to assume they are true.

When the allegations were made against AK and RS, people who stated that they were true allegations (before the trial and appeal) were consistently berated for indicating the allegations were true, so I don't understand why the people being accused now aren't getting the same respect. Kind of sad, IMO.

Nerves? She had not been called in yet. It really is a trivial point.:seeya:

Knox's cartwheels at the police station are not trivial. It was absolutely the wrong thing to do. It is constantly downplayed as being perfectly normal behavior for a 20 year old woman during a murder investigation. There is absolutely nothing normal about it, and one does have to wonder why Knox was acting up as she was. She wasn't meditating per yoga and certainly she wasn't so restless that she had to flip cartwheels, so why was she doing it in front of the male officers? Would she stand up in the middle of her university classes if she was restless and flip cartwheels? I doubt it. There was a reason for her cartwheels and it was not because she was restless, or doing spiritual meditating.

Because 20 year old women do not always understand the complexities of certain situations. I did many foolish and inappropriate things as a 20 year old...at inopportune moments. I am heartily amazed and thankful that I was not afforded the dire consequences Miss Knox incurred.

Would you flip cartwheels during a university lecture that lasted more than an hour ... just get up ... ask people to move aside ... flip some cartwheels, fall into the splits ... then sit down and expect that this was perfectly acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz