Missing Baby Lisa Sighting Reported in Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-For one JT represented Joran Vandersloot (sp?)-ENOUGH SAID!

-JT is a defense attorney....do they have ethics??

-This whole thing with WB and JT is an obvious attempt to get there faces (egos) on national television exposure=MONEY!! If you can't see that, I think you are being naive. There is absolutely no "private donor" in my opinion, these two are volunteering their time to make money for themselves.

-I consider myself to be a really good judge of character, and looking at these two, well, I don't need to say much more....

IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

My father was a defense attorney. He had plenty of morals and was very ethical. I do not think it is fair to paint everyone with such a broad brush.

But the article said "They headed north". Can you tell us what highway they would have taken to go North?

That highway (24) heads north a ways toward the reservior and then sort of northwest I believe before going back north. Only small towns from there clear on up into Nebraska. If I saw a car leave there and head north I would think their most likely path would be a left turn onto Bluemont and then west from there which takes you past Kansas State University campus area....and Aggieville, a local gathering area for bars and shops, and then has access by numerous ways to connect to Highway 18 (path to Ft. Riley and Junction City) or back down from there to I 70 (path to anywhere east or west).

Just heard on news that cashier called LE from the deli.....that she had the ladies credit card information and passed that on to the LE as well and they are trying to track usage of the card as well as the APB on the car.....praying!

Per the Riley County Police Department police scanner, the baby spotted earlier today at McAlister's Deli off of Tuttle Creek Boulevard in Manhattan, Kansas, who was with two women who abruptly left the restaurant causing suspicion, is not baby Lisa.

:cry::cry:

Wow. This woman recognized that this black car was precisely 13 years old (1998 or 99 model), but she didn't recognize the car's brand or model? Amazing!
pfffffffffft

:floorlaugh:

Day 15: Possible sighting of baby matching Lisa's description leads to investigation

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
There has been a possible sighting of a baby that fits 11-month-old Lisa Irwin's description about 120 miles west of the Kansas City metro.

Kansas Highway Patrol officials said Riley County police asked them to put out an alert on a small black car with Missouri license plates with two women both in their 20s and a baby inside. According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, the women were seen at a McAlister's Deli in Manhattan, KS just after 1 p.m. but left after witnesses said people took notice of them. Troopers are still looking for the small black car.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15721746/day-15-still-no-word-on-where-lisa-irwin-might-be

Oh come on. I didn't for a second believe it was her.

Well.. sorry to hear that. I personally never give up hope. If there is a slight chance she is alive and well.. I pray for it to be true. No matter what.

"We had a call from a woman who was inside McAlister's who saw a child that looked like the missing baby with two women that, for whatever reason, kind of made her feel suspicious in the way they reacted to her looking at them. When they left the business, she got a vehicle description and direction of travel of the car and she then notified the police," said Captain Kurt Moldrup, an administrator with the Riley County Police Department.

The witness described the car as a small black vehicle, 1998-1999 model with possible Missouri tags. She told officers the car headed north on Tuttle Creek Boulevard towards Riley but after that, Moldrup says the driver could have turned and went in any direction. Tuttle Creek Boulevard is a main arterial roadway in Manhattan, with access to Highway 24 and K-177 and K-18, both of which lead to Interstate 70. Moldrup could not provide a description of the women that were with the child.

"We were unable to locate any such vehicle. We then put out an attempt to locate to other area agencies just to make sure we had the bases covered. Obviously, we took this tip seriously but that's all we have. We have no way of knowing whether it was the baby or not. We treat it as such. We've also notified the Kansas City Police Department, the agency handling her disappearance," Captain Moldrup added.

When asked how sure the witness was that the baby she saw was Lisa Irwin, he responded, "She was sure enough that she felt she need to call us." The woman, whose name is not being released, was being interviewed Tuesday afternoon and Moldrup said officers would be looking for any surveillance footage captured in the area.

13 News contacted the Topeka Police Department who said they had not been alerted to the incident. The Kansas Highway Patrol in Salina also said they were not alerted as of 3:00 p.m.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/132044178.html

I wondered about that too. But I seem to remember reading a while back about how tail lights, bumpers ect can date a car and not pinpoint a model.

Frankly if you can figure out a year by the tail lights, why can't you figure out the model?

I don't think that's odd. I am no good at identifying car models. Cars look too much alike these days. But the year of a car is easier to judge IMO. New reeks new...now there are colors that change and rims that glow...older cars are plain looking and show their wear IMO.

Baby lisa is really the epitome of the Gerber Baby and I'm afraid there are going to be dozens of sightings a day. I know people are looking top and bottom for baby Lisa, but I'm afraid she's a mile or 2 from her home.

After all, if someone stole baby Lisa, do you think they'd be out shoppin with her right now? I don't.

MOOOO - thanks.

Mel

Baby lisa is really the epitome of the Gerber Baby and I'm afraid there are going to be dozens of sightings a day. I know people are looking top and bottom for baby Lisa, but I'm afraid she's a mile or 2 from her home.

After all, if someone stole baby Lisa, do you think they'd be out shoppin with her right now? I don't.

MOOOO - thanks.

Mel

And use your credit card to pay your bill?

I find it very odd the vehemence of the attacks on this story; regardless of whether or not it pans out, it does offer some of us a bit of hope that baby Lisa might still be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member