Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting the truth. They often deal with guilty people who lie. To get the truth is not always easy. in my job, I work on a lot of internal and external fraud and financial crime cases with local LE, the Secret Service and FBI. Do you think people who steal and defraud tell you the truth if you're nice to them, if you ask them to be honest? It does no good to get false information from them, that's what you're trying to avoid, getting any more false information and lies. I've seen some really good liars, long term employees that swore they didn't do it. But I've never yet run into LE that just wanted someone to "lie" to close a case. They want to solve crimes. Do bad LE exist? Of course, but I highly doubt there are so many that they are in control of baby Lisa's case.

Why the heck would LE want to have the children here make up a story? What would it get them? Do people not believe these LE want to find this child? There is simply nothing in it for them to have the children blurt out some fabricated story that would to be supported by the facts when they are finally discovered. I'm just not that cynical and I'm pretty cynical.

<mod snip> And yes, they ARE about making people change their minds. Yes they are. What do you think reinterviews are about, and good cop bad cop, and telling people that their friends ratted them out, and they have evidence they don't have, etc.

Yes they ARE about making people change their minds.

Hi all!

This what Tacopina actually said in his presser. Not sure if this is the same statement you are referring to, but it's the one I recall on the subject:

“These are two parents who are grieving every day over the loss of their daughter,” he said. “Hopefully she will come back to them.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/17/3212350/mother-tells-today-show-she-was.html#ixzz1bBb7xfNJ

There is a BIG difference between ' grieving the LOSS of your child" and " grieving the DEATH of your child."

I'm with BDE. There is a good possibility Lisa died prior to her dad going to werk. For all we know it could have happened on a different day.

We really need to hear more from the drinking buddy neighbor.

I never thought of them needing a smoke :floorlaugh:

I can relate. I quite smoking two years ago, but I do remember having to go outside in less than ideal conditions to smoke. MOO.

There is a BIG difference between ' grieving the LOSS of your child" and " grieving the DEATH of your child."

I agree. I've never heard anyone directly related to the case say that the parents are "grieving the death", but Tacopina did say they were "grieving the loss and she will hopefully come home".

I wonder if maybe Zellner and some of the talking heads that posters were referring to upthread took Tacopina's grieving statement a step further than what he actually said in his presser. I didn't see Zellner talking about it today, so I don't know. I would be really surprised if the parents, their family spokesperson, their new attorney, or their PR guy ever actually said such a thing. (Not because I don't think at least the mom knows if Lisa is dead, just because it's tantamount to a confession.)

I think this is a matter of a misstating Tacopina's original statement by someone. If not, it is definitely HUGE.

I have a question for the mother...Deb...why would LE want to lie? Why wouldn't they want to find your kidnapped baby? Could it be you that is hiding the truth and doesn't want your baby discovered? Or is it Jeremy? The truth WILL be exposed eventually...even KC Anthony got caught...just sayin'. REALLY...LE are NOT the bad guys....innocent parents want to help...not hide. JMO MOO as always.

I can relate. I quite smoking two years ago, but I do remember having to go outside in less than ideal conditions to smoke. MOO.

Me too...each time I see my avatar and post, I think I am here under not so ideal conditions.

I have asthma and don't allow anyone to smoke in my home as it is a symptom trigger. My mantra is, "Smoke if ya got 'em" but not indoors. I provide an ashtray so that "smokers" can retreat to outdoors or basement, weather permitting.

I agree. I've never heard anyone directly related to the case say that the parents are "grieving the death", but Tacopina did say they were "grieving the loss and she will hopefully come home".

I wonder if maybe Zellner and some of the talking heads that posters were referring to upthread took Tacopina's grieving statement a step further than what he actually said in his presser. I didn't see Zellner talking about it today, so I don't know. I would be really surprised if the parents, their family spokesperson, their new attorney, or their PR guy ever actually said such a thing. (Not because I don't think at least the mom knows if Lisa is dead, just because it's tantamount to a confession.)

I think this is a matter of a misstating Tacopina's original statement by someone. If not, it is definitely HUGE.

I think that is what happened---somebody tried to quote him but used ' death' in place of loss.--- BIG difference. They are grieving the loss of their child, understandably.

I have my theory now what happened. After hearing a story on the radio this evening about cold weather and babies, they warned not be bundle babies in deep blankets for sleep, in the fear that they could smother.
That got me to thinking what happened to Lisa. I believe that mom was DRUNK, took her into the bed with her,...passed out,...rolled over on her at some point,...Lisa smothered to death. Husband came home and found passed-out wife on top of dead Lisa. Either that OR mother woke up from her stupor, to find Lisa dead in bed with her,..called husband, who quickly came home from work. Devised a plan,...disposed of cell phones,..because of calls made on them, and somehow found a way or means to hide Lisa. Proceeded to then call it a kidnapping.
Lots of details that I have not worked-out, but I think this is BASICALLY what happened. That would explain why now after finding out that the mom was drunk and passed out, WHY neither of them are now co-operating with LE.
Remember this post!

I'm beginning to think she got drunk AFTER the fact.

How far was jeremy's work from home? I still don't know the hours he was supposed to work..

I am saddened (and becoming upset) by posts of folks who don't believe what WSers heard on Justice over the weekend. The program aired "live" before anyone heard Joe Tacopina make the comment about the parents "grieving the loss of their daughter".

I will call FNC tomorrow and ask for a transcript of the Justice program and pay for it if necessary.

Here is the link to the show, but it isn't the entire program, so I'm sure that some will be skeptical, and I haven't found a transcript. By now, Joe Tacopina could have asked FNC to not release the video or transcript.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justice-jeanine/index.html

I am saddened (and becoming upset) by posts of folks who don't believe what WSers heard on Justice over the weekend. The program aired "live" before anyone heard Joe Tacopina make the comment about the parents "grieving the loss of their daughter".

I will call FNC tomorrow and ask for a transcript of the Justice program and pay for it if necessary.

Here is the link to the show, but it isn't the entire program, so I'm sure that some will be skeptical, and I haven't found a transcript. By now, Joe Tacopina could have asked FNC to not release the video or transcript.

No reason to be upset. Some members just like to have a link to what is being discussed. I hope that no one is calling members liars for not having a link to backup a post. JMO.

Warm enough that DB left the window to the computer room open and warm enough for DB and the neighbor to be sitting outside on the front porch drinking.

Apparently warm enough for DB to have a fan running in her bedroom.

I'm so sorry Bette! I misunderstood. I thought it was being stated that Zellner and some talking heads were bantering about the case today and that was a new statement about the "grieving the death". I incorrectlly assumed that the talking heads were off (again). I wasn't questioning what WSers heard and posted about; I don't know how I missed previous comments about such a major statement - my bad. I've been glued here, but I will go back and do my homework.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding. I always like reading your posts. :iamashamed:

I think that is what happened---somebody tried to quote him but used ' death' in place of loss.--- BIG difference. They are grieving the loss of their child, understandably.

The Jeanine Pirro program was on FNC over the weekend - before anyone heard Joe Tacopina speak as the family's attorney, so Kathleeen Zellner wasn't quoting JT. She spoke with the family prior to JT coming onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare