CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can put the wildlife issue in the context of the tragedy in Ohio. Wild means wild, not domesticated with dentabone.

One week from Monday is the trial. At least it is set for that date, lol. Will the judge find that there has been a breach of fiduciary responsibility? From the outside, refusing to collect over 100K in mortgage payments cannot possibly be in the interests of the trust. Bob was a smart business man, and he clearly knew how to grow his money. Somehow the idea that he would be OK with his grandson's free ride for the last two years doesnt ring true to me. JMO.

Wow! I hadn't realized it was in the area of 100K of uncollected mortgage payments. I agree, I doubt Bob would have been fine with a two year plus free ride. No, I can't see that as in the best interest of the trust, if there are still outstanding arrears and grandson hasn't fully paid that back. I guess we'll see when the trial occurs.

1.2. Capital murder

Under California law, capital murder…also referred to as first-degree murder with special circumstances…refers to first-degree murder charges that are punishable by either

1. the death penalty, or
  2. a state prison sentence for life without the possibility of parole "LWOP".

Capital murder applies to over 20 different situations that involve murder. These "special circumstances" that elevate first-degree murder to capital murder are listed in California Penal Code 190.2 PC and include (but are not limited to):

• murdering another for financial gain,
http://www.shouselaw.com/murder.html

I wonder what the penalties are for accessory after the fact in a capital murder case in California. Hmmmm

The truth doesn't shift. Praying for the truth and justice for Bob.

1.2. Capital murder

Under California law, capital murder…also referred to as first-degree murder with special circumstances…refers to first-degree murder charges that are punishable by either

1. the death penalty, or
  2. a state prison sentence for life without the possibility of parole "LWOP".

Capital murder applies to over 20 different situations that involve murder. These "special circumstances" that elevate first-degree murder to capital murder are listed in California Penal Code 190.2 PC and include (but are not limited to):

• murdering another for financial gain,
http://www.shouselaw.com/murder.html

Downright scary, hmmmmm?

Whoever comes forward first and makes the first deal with LE will probably get reduced charges. Heck, they could end up not being charged at all. Certainly whatever happens would have to be better than Death or LWOP.

It only works for the first person to come forward. If it were me, I would be beating down LE's door to make that first deal.

Whoever comes forward first and makes the first deal with LE will probably get reduced charges. Heck, they could end up not being charged at all. Certainly whatever happens would have to be better than Death or LWOP.

It only works for the first person to come forward. If it were me, I would be beating down LE's door to make that first deal.

BBM. I agree. One would think the odds are most likely multiple arrests will be made when that time comes in Bobs case. I suppose it depends on what one is willing to gamble. As a parent with a minor child in the home, those are odds I wouldn't be willing to gamble on my childs behalf, but to each their own. Everyone has different priorities, I suppose.

I have no doubts justice will come for Bob, it's just a matter of when, how soon.....

I wonder what the penalties are for accessory after the fact in a capital murder case in California. Hmmmm

The truth doesn't shift. Praying for the truth and justice for Bob.

Crime Overview Aiding And Abetting Or Accessory

Generally speaking, if a person assists another person or persons in a criminal act, he or she can be charged with aiding and abetting or accessory. Under different state laws, aiding and abetting and accessory vary greatly regarding their definition. Depending on the action of the crime, the participation could elevate to a conspiracy crime.

In criminal law, it is necessary to distinguish between the accessory and the principal. The principal is the person who is responsible for a particular crime. Under most legal jurisdictions, the person or persons charged with aiding and abetting or accessory are not directly involved with the crime that is committed. They are usually not present when the crime occurred. If two or more people are directly responsible, they can be charged as joint principals. The test used in order to distinguish a principal from an accessory is whether the defendant independently contributed to the causing of the crime, rather than merely giving generalized and/or limited help and encouragement.

[snipped]

Punishments for accessories vary in different jurisdictions. Sometimes accessories have had lesser punishments than principals. Other times, accessories are considered to be principals. Common law traditionally considers an accessory just as guilty as the principal in a crime, and therefore subject to the same penalties.

http://www.legalinfo.com/content/criminal-law/crime-overview-aiding-and-abetting-or-accessory.html

i was born a hillbilly and remain one to this day, even tho i no longer live in the hills, so on that authority i can say definitively that none of the things listed actually define a hillbilly. poor Fontelle! i think i can also say definitively that Fontelle Herrod is one i would want on my side. the courage and grace she has shown is remarkable, especially for someone her age. how sad that in her golden years, which should have been happy and peaceful, she has had to deal with this ugliness.
where is BOB???

i was born a hillbilly and remain one to this day, even tho i no longer live in the hills, so on that authority i can say definitively that none of the things listed actually define a hillbilly. poor Fontelle! i think i can also say definitively that Fontelle Herrod is one i would want on my side. the courage and grace she has shown is remarkable, especially for someone her age. how sad that in her golden years, which should have been happy and peaceful, she has had to deal with this ugliness.
where is BOB???

BBM

You're absolutely right...it's pure ugliness.

Have the remains they found in Angeles National Forest been identified yet?

I've been checking, but no MSM updates. The remains were skeletal and dna usually takes 3 months or so minimum. Bob has dentals available, or should have dentals available. I'm unsure where the dentals stand on the UID.

I'll try and make some time this week to check the coroners site (and put in a call) as well as NamUs to see if this UID and the other possibles I've been following have any updated information.

More skeletal remains found not far from where Bob disappeared.

CA CA - Malibu Creek State Park - Skeletal Remains in Tapia Park - Oct'11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I wonder how far the nearest Home Depot is from the location these remains were found. (see above thread for MSM link.)

Come to think of it, I also wonder how far the nearest Home Depot is from the remains found in the Angeles National Forest.

Here is a Google Map showing the nearest Home Depots to the location of these remains.
http://g.co/maps/6mpf6

Here is a Google Map showing Bob's house and the nearest Home Depots to his house.
http://g.co/maps/mfrg5

Here's a Google Map showing Bob's House in relation to the remains at Tapia park.
http://g.co/maps/d9hhy

Is there a map anywhere showing Bob's house in relation to the daughters' houses?

Actually, georgia, you raise a scenario that I had not considered. Thank you!

And here is a map showing Bob's house and the remains in Big Tujunga Canyon.
http://g.co/maps/u89gq

I added Monrovia as point C on the above map. Bobs daughters grew up in Monrovia. Bob only resided in the Placentia home a few years. No more than 5-10 IIRC. I'd imagine Bobs daughters and SIL would know the Monrovia area better than Placentia.

For some reason, even before the remains were found in Big Tujunga Canyon, my gut feeling was that Bobs remains may be closer to the area his daughters and SIL grew up or hung out in HS. Which is due west and a little north.

map with Monrovia as point C:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=5...4l47N9nCgDGF97UILjokTw&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

jmo

I forget where Bobs two older daughters live. Youngest, JuM lives in Running Springs. (they used to live right next door to Bob and Georgia). Grandson lived around the corner from Bob within walking distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500