CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 04:42 PM
Why can't the ground squirrels, gophers and voles just die! Our yard looks like swiss cheese. I rather see mice running around than the above mention yard destroyers.
http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/85504

Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 01:45 PM
Oh we have them in RS. They have dens below us, they are gorgeous this year. I love to watch them dig up gophers and fling the gophers up in the air until they go limp and eat them. We have a large supply of gophers this year so they are welcomed.

Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 03:02 PM
We have so many gophers, moles, voles, ground squirrels our coyotes cannot even make a dent in them this year. Anyone want to relocate some gopher snakes? I'll take a few dozen!

Thread Title: Do you think we could use a Rodenator up here?

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 01:25 PM
As for helping get rid of pesky ground squirrels, gophers, moles and voles this could also be used to aerating our soil!

I wonder if we could use one of these puppies up here? I doubt it but oh boy this would bring in some major income if we had one up here. We could sell tickets!

http://www.rodenator.com/
Complain About This Message

I guess JuM finds it hard to keep up the facade at times.

I have some more examples of JuM's postings that I have been meaning to put out for discussion. BRB with those.

11/28/2008

Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 10:48 AM

Good morning stits!

Glad to hear you all had a great holiday! It was just Jeff and I here home alone for Thanksgiving and the kids were going to come up today. Jeff is recovering from MRSA so not safe for the kids for another week.

Three years later.......

Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 05:28 PM

Peg, You can acquire staph anywhere. I was run down, the flu hit, and nose cracked and surprise! The tiny crack in my nose was just the right perfect breeding ground and it bred. MRSA colonized.

JuM's case seems to be worse than her hubby's.

Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:59 AM

Good morning fellow stits. You all sound chipper as usual.

I got a call yesterday from my primary at Kaiser I saw last Thursday, the culture they took results were MRSA positive. I told them I was just discharged from the hospital. This a.m. I got another call from the Hospital and the RN went over everything she could over the phone about MRSA, yes I am still contagious, I will have other cultures to see when it goes dormant. And yes, I will have this the rest of my life, I will have dormant stages and then active stages. So with that said, I will not be out in public for some time (waves from afar).

Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 07:19 PM

I cannot even let my dogs loose in the backyard as we have coyotes in our yard during the day! When we take our old girl out to hunt my hubby carries a big "Bad Dog Wooping Stick" and he knows how to use it. I still cannot believe he shot a gopher through the head from our balcony with our Little Red Ryder Beebee Gun, and I believe he put the Acutally put the gopher's eye out...LOL

Yes....LOL!

What I find curious about Jeff's MRSA vs Julie's is that Jeff apparently recovered enough that his grandchildren could visit a week later. Julie's appears to be ongoing.

What I find curious about Jeff's MRSA vs Julie's is that Jeff apparently recovered enough that his grandchildren could visit a week later. Julie's appears to be ongoing.

Pardon me for stepping in. When I signed up with WS a short while ago, I instantly loved your avatar. There was something so sweet and lovely about the photo. Now I see Mr. Harrod's story and feel terribly saddened by the situation. My thoughts and prayers are with him and all who hold him dear. I hope answers and justice are forthcoming.

I find the whole story strange. First hubby has MRSA. Then it is never mentioned again. Years later, in the summer of 2011, another poster mentions MRSA on a thread on ROTW. A few months later and poof, JuM has MRSA.

Could MRSA be an excuse to isolate herself from others?

Pardon me for stepping in. When I signed up with WS a short while ago, I instantly loved your avatar. There was something so sweet and lovely about the photo. Now I see Mr. Harrod's story and feel terribly saddened by the situation. My thoughts and prayers are with him and all who hold him dear. I hope answers and justice are forthcoming.

Welcome to WS jacy, :welcome:
and thank you for joining us here and adding your thoughts and prayers to Bobs thread. We're all praying for answers and justice soon.

Recent posts on ROTW by Bob's youngest daughter:
[...]
http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/86600

Snipped with utmost respect.

For one who 'does not judge', she has no problem insulting her father, his wife, and hillbillies, all at once.

I think that WS posters know what it means when someone celebrates violence against animals. (And note, we're talking about expressive violence, not violence needed for food or safety.) Also note that this violence was suggested as a way to make money.

Along with sending my best wishes to Fontelle, and for Bob, I also feel bad for Georgia right now. She must be sickened to see her daughter continue to abuse Bob and the woman he loved.

For one who 'does not judge', she has no problem insulting her father, his wife, and hillbillies, all at once.

I think that WS posters know what it means when someone celebrates violence against animals. (And note, we're talking about expressive violence, not violence needed for food or safety.) Also note that this violence was suggested as a way to make money.

Along with sending my best wishes to Fontelle, and for Bob, I also feel bad for Georgia right now. She must be sickened to see her daughter continue to abuse Bob and the woman he loved.

I'd like to add, that violence against animals appears to be mutually enjoyable to both daughter JuM and her husband, the last person to see Bob alive, sil JeM. Makes me wonder if those handy man specials were performed with a 'bad dad whooping stick'. :(

A final headshaking moment for me, also regarding animals:

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 06:49 PM
The bear will be back now, hubby put some canine dental hard food down there. So our bear will have bright shining teeth! Oh, my god I am going to adopt a friggin bear now!

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 08:53 AM

Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations section 251.3 specifically prohibits the feeding of big game animals, such as bears.

Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations section 251.1 prohibits the harassment of a game animals normal behavior.

Both re misdemeanor criminal sections.

Habituated/problem bears are NOT relocated, and persons affected by a bear's problem behavior changed by people are allowed to get depredation permits to kill the offending bear. Once a bear acts aggressive towards a person or deemed a public safety bear, the bear will be euthanized.

I ask you not to leave food out for the bear and pick up fallen fruit as soon as possible to prevent human/bear interactions.

Please check out the Department's website at: www.dfg.ca.gov
Keep me Wild campaign.

Kyle Chang #510
California Department of Fish and Game Warden
3602 Inland empire Blvd., Suite C-220
Ontario, CA 91764
kchang@dfg.ca.gov

Her response to an officer of the law regarding her culpability here is pretty irresponsible. Suffice it to say, it is not her fault.

She must have forgotten her post indicating that her husband is actively feeding this bear.

I realize this post is now o/t. Sometimes I think you have to look at more than what relates just to Bob to get a sense of what it must have been like for him.

[/size]

Her response to an officer of the law regarding her culpability here is pretty irresponsible. Suffice it to say, it is not her fault.

She must have forgotten her post indicating that her husband is actively feeding this bear.

I realize this post is now o/t. Sometimes I think you have to look at more than what relates just to Bob to get a sense of what it must have been like for him.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/86431?page=1

link for the above discussion on feeding the bears.

There is something very sweet and lovely about Bob, jacy, I agree! Please know that the tenor of the thread is typically different-I think some of us hit a point where all of the mudslinging was too much. :maddening:

I keep trying to wrap my brain around it: someone goes missing, and his daughters decide to insult him, and his wife, publicly. I'm not saying that all of them have the same responsibility here. But, ok, he's missing or dead: why insult him? Even if you dislike him. Even if he was a bad guy. Why insult him when he is dead? And why insult his wife?

Before I answer the main question here, let's consider the possibly mitigating circumstances.

Did his daughters have a bad relationship with him?

I can't say for sure, but Bob was generous with his daughters and grandson. And this generosity lasted late into his life. If things were so bad, one would think that his children would have cut the cord by now. Maybe not, but in light of the venom we read, there would appear to be a lot of anger now -- anger I would humbly submit should be sufficient for most people to sever ties.

Was Bob a bad guy?

I'd say as an outsider that it's hard to tell, but he had (has) friends from many stages of his life who vouch for him. He was successful and had many solid work relationships. When Georgia's health fell, he was there for her -- unlike some of his children. Bob took pains to ease his wife's suffering as best he could.

And so why would one of his children choose to insult him publicly when she is sure he is dead?

This isn't a rhetorical question, even though I will guess all of the answers will bring out the same sorts of sadness.

Two words, true colors.

Note she spent almost TWO hours posting on this thread, when she could have spent that two hours asking her community for idea's on solving her fathers case. Honestly, the retaliation at anyone seeking answers and justice for Bob is more than apparent, imo.

A person who is immature, very spoiled, has always gotten their way, and who is very self-absorbed cannot stand the fact that Fontelle saw right through it early on and has not backed down from their bullying. IMO

Bolded and Colored by me~~~~

JuM on ROTW:

"I still cannot believe he shot a gopher through the head from our balcony with our Little Red Ryder Beebee Gun, and I believe he put the Acutally put the gopher's eye out...LOL"

"I love to watch them dig up gophers and fling the gophers up in the air until they go limp and eat them. We have a large supply of gophers this year so they are welcomed."

[/SIZE]

Believe, reading JuM's responses to the Warden, I am stunned.

JuM seems to forget that she posted her hubby was voluntarily feeding the bear.

JuM has a tone of disrespect towards the Warden. Is she actually suggesting that the Warden pick her and hubby's apples?

"I cannot walk where our apples fall, Mr.Warden you are more than welcome to pick up the apples that fall down and roll down hill to the open property below us. I am sure your feet are not fused in a fixed position as both mine are."

Frankly, I don't know what her feet being fused together have to do with her hubby feeding a bear.

Believe, reading JuM's responses to the Warden, I am stunned.

JuM seems to forget that she posted her hubby was voluntarily feeding the bear.

JuM has a tone of disrespect towards the Warden. Is she actually suggesting that the Warden pick her and hubby's apples?

"I cannot walk where our apples fall, Mr.Warden you are more than welcome to pick up the apples that fall down and roll down hill to the open property below us. I am sure your feet are not fused in a fixed position as both mine are."

Frankly, I don't know what her feet being fused together have to do with her hubby feeding a bear.

... or cleaning the apples up himself. Neither work, so it's not as if he doesn't have the time.

Bolded and Colored by me~~~~

JuM on ROTW:

"I still cannot believe he shot a gopher through the head from our balcony with our Little Red Ryder Beebee Gun, and I believe he put the Acutally put the gopher's eye out...LOL"

"I love to watch them dig up gophers and fling the gophers up in the air until they go limp and eat them. We have a large supply of gophers this year so they are welcomed."

I don't know of any people who would "love" to watch that. Even the seasoned hunters that I know get upset over not getting a kill shot and having the animal suffer at all until they can finish it off. Heck, even some mean little boys I know wouldn't love watching that.

Gophers are definitely a pest, but this is not about that. It's about a sick form of entertainment these people have adopted.

And there is about no bigger pet peeve of mine than feeding bears. It's true that "A fed bear is a dead bear". They become dangerous to humans and must be put down.

Money = frustration = anger = entitlement = violence.

This kind of thing happens more than we know.

Mr Harrod did not vanish. He did not leave. He did not walk away.
He did not die on a long walk around the neighborhood.

Someone was in his home that day.
Someone who felt that Mr Harrod's money was really 'their' money.

Did the hairdresser, known to be a slight woman, manhandle Mr Harrod
and cause his death?
And then, clean up the house, hide Mr Harrod's body, all in the small
amount of time that the son in law was gone?

I do not think so.

Did a neighbor drop by and have some irrational moment and cause
Mr Harrod's death?
I don't think so.

There isn't much choice but to think of family?
And there was a family member in the house that day.

Mr Harrod's family seemingly does follow this case online.
They must know the suspicions that have fallen on the son in law.
Mr Michaels could end all speculation by volunteering for a lie detector test.
He could hire a private company that specialize in these tests.
He could insist on the FBI's best and brightest to conduct a test.

He could, but he has not.

Quoting to bring to the current page for Mr Harrod and for those honestly seeking the TRUTH behind Mr. Harrods disappearance. Imo, the truth lies with the person who last saw Mr Harrod. If that is inaccurate, why hasn't Mr. Michaels taken a poly? Innocent people don't refuse polygraphs, they don't refuse to cooperate with LE and they don't refuse to work with the media. They SEEK and DEMAND answers.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500