Interview with the two boys has been cancelled

It might fall under some other things that are against the law, if your child ends up gone, or dead. Negligence for a start.

They are not even at the point yet of ruling out an intruder, so it wouldn't be negligence if someone came into your house and took a child without your knowledge, intoxicated or not.

There has to be a case filed against the parents first.
The court doesn't have jurisdiction of these children right now.

All it takes is probable cause for LE and CPS to obtain emergency custody.

JMO

You're right.

Le is investigating a missing/endangered infant reportedly last seen in the Irwin/Bradley home. The lack of cooperation from the parents would be enough for LE to use the CS-33 option I linked earlier to take the 2 boys into protective custody and question them. Without a court order. Without parental consent.

I really hope LE considers this as Plan B.

I think with JT now in town, they need to consider this right now. I have been saying that and it is not apparent that LE has not been reading WS or they would have done this IMO..

They are not even at the point yet of ruling out an intruder, so it wouldn't be negligence if someone came into your house and took a child without your knowledge, intoxicated or not.

I dont think its negligence per say on her being drunk because i dont believe she was drunk at all (defense ploy) but it is almost negligent on not wanting to find her child. I think that is where they can get her. She has lied, not helped out not answered questions and not let her boys answer questions and goes about her day without a care about Lisa.. That is negligent in my book. JMHO

I don't believe that hit was anything.. Or they would have torn up that carpet and taken anything in that room they could. I think it was either not true or released to put pressure on the parents who are still waiting for the police to show up and do their job.. FIND LISA...

I am not taking any bits that are coming through the media. That is all smoke screen and mirrors to me. If you say it means something is shady that they won't talk, Then why is LE not standing up at a mike and proving these bits of info...

I will not fall for the LE leak,commentator theory comments..

I want to see cold hard facts. I would bet the reason they are not talking is because Tacopina, has put an end to all of it to protect his clients. That is his job. I believe that when you get an Attorney such as He, They you follow their advice. Anything they say is under scrutiny, I can hear it now,
"Did your parents ever yell at you?"
Did your parents ever spank you?"

Yeah, I would not submit to any of that.

Well then, yeah, you're going to miss a critical opportunity for potential witnesses to share pertinent information that might be the key to find your missing child.

That leaves the missing child missing, because you are more concerned about yourself. I can't imagine leaving a child out there, missing like that, unless I already knew the disposition.

I dont think its negligence per say on her being drunk because i dont believe she was drunk at all (defense ploy) but it is almost negligent on not wanting to find her child. I think that is where they can get her. She has lied, not helped out not answered questions and not let her boys answer questions and goes about her day without a care about Lisa.. That is negligent in my book. JMHO

Well said and I completely agree.

I have only one to say on this ....

uh huh....

It's not against the law to drink (and get drunk) in your own home, even with kids in the house. Better fire up the paddy wagon for a lot of people in this country if that's the case.

It isn't against the law to drive a car either.

But if you drive a car in a negligent way and kill someone you can be charged with negligence. I see this as the same thing as a mother who is the sole provider for her children getting so drunk that she blacks out and is thereby negligent in caring for her minor children.

It probably happens more than we want to know about. So long as the children don't disappear it isn't a problem. Where it becomes a problem is if one is hurt, is not properly cared for, or when a child disappears.

I don't see that they're refusing to cooperate, they're just not bowing to every demand made by LE who seems to think their baby is dead and they're the ones who killed her. Retaining an attorney isn't imminent risk.

Unless the parents have threatened suicide, the claim that they are suicidal is nothing more than the opinion of a non-expert outsider who admits he has had very little contact with them.

The parents aren't required to cooperate. Lack of cooperation usually backfires in the penalty phases of prosecutions. By all means, the parents should continue to do whatever they want. They've made it clear it is all about them rather than Lisa or their sons.

I certainly have no problem with a Judge stepping in and seizing custody of the boys. Can't happen soon enough.

JMO

I'm not picking on your post, I'm just curious about the legal terminology of negligence. What we think personally and what the actual laws are may be quite different. KWIM? MOO

It's not against the law to drink (and get drunk) in your own home, even with kids in the house. Better fire up the paddy wagon for a lot of people in this country if that's the case.

drinking (to excess) in your own home = legal

drinking to the point of impairment rendering you a danger to the safety and welfare of children in your care = not legal

I think with JT now in town, they need to consider this right now. I have been saying that and it is not apparent that LE has not been reading WS or they would have done this IMO..

Is JT in Kansas City today?

I'm not picking on your post, I'm just curious about the legal terminology of negligence. What we think personally and what the actual laws are may be quite different. KWIM? MOO

I think this would be a great question on the lawyer thread, is a drunken black out "negligent"? I'm very curious....

drinking (to excess) in your own home = legal

drinking to the point of impairment rendering you a danger to the safety and welfare of children in your care = not legal

Thanks. Very simple concept, really.

vacation, maybe? they need some r 'n r 'cause they are so tired, doncha' know
pffft

They have the day off. Maybe they are going to Chuck E Cheese instead?

O/T.....but it is being reported that Robert Wood has been found in VA.....in transit to medical facility at this time....

I don't see that they're refusing to cooperate, they're just not bowing to every demand made by LE who seems to think their baby is dead and they're the ones who killed her. Retaining an attorney isn't imminent risk.
respectfully snipped

Is it really all that unreasonable of LE to ask the parents to be interviewed separately? Three weeks have now passed since they last spoke to investigators.

Doesn't exactly scream "cooperation" to me. :dunno:

I'm sure this is OT, but I am tired of hearing how LE is such a failure at doing their jobs.
Last I heard LE had checked out, which I take to mean investigated, over 800 tips. I fail to see how LE is not doing their job in this respect. How many searches have already been carried out by LE? Is that NOT doing their job?
How many press conferences have LE held in which they accused the parents of doing something to Lisa? Not a one that I've heard.
IMO LE is trying to do the job of finding Lisa with one hand tied behind their backs. The public is calling in tips and the parents are avoiding answering questions that only they could answer.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemw...e/index.cfm?event=stateStatutes.processSearch

Neglect
Citation: Ann. Stat. § 210.110

'Neglect' means failure to provide, by those responsible for the care, custody, and control of the child, proper or necessary support; education as required by law; nutrition; or medical, surgical, or any other care necessary for the child's well-being.

I agree with all of that, except that maybe they already have that forensic confirmation (of the HRD dog hit) but are waiting for something else. Tying up loose ends...maybe getting more statements or lining up people willing to testify in court. JMO. I probably mis-worded that, confusing LE's job and DA's job. But don't forget, we don't know what (if anything other than the raw media video) has gone to the GJ. Methinx the GJ has been very busy lately, and IINM, those proceedings can be secret and sealed.

And I think it's possible that someone(s) else may be going to jail about this, if only long enough to be interviewed at the police station and make a deal. JMO.

I totally agree. To arrest her now, if she is guilty, would almost be a sure lose in court. If you are going to prosecute for murder, IMO you need a heck of a lot more than one cadaver dog hit.... (Murder weapon, corroboration, etc..). I'm leaning really hard one or both parents is involved someway, the only reason I won't say it for 100% is that in a court of law I would still have reasonable doubt at this point based on what I know. However, as a juror, I would feel she was guilty but could not convict..... and if somebody mentions the Pinellas 12 I will have a thermonuclear breakdown.....:crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back