MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/29/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experience a "missing, possible abducted child" is a higher priority code than a burglary in progress.

And you're right - the dispatcher probably wanted to speak to the responding officer over the phone because of something that was said by JI in that 911 call. That's why they decided not to release that call. What was said in that 911 call is a big part of this case - IMO

I read on here a few days ago that in this state, 911 calls are never released - is that incorrect and it's actually being withheld?

It could very well be that he said "call me on my cell" in case the perp had a scanner.

I would NEVER think of that!!

I'm not saying NO ONE would, but I never would have! I had to read your post three times to even get it :blushing:

Heh, I guess the stranger-abductor also checked the entire house to make sure there was no land line (ours is in our master bedroom). Otherwise it would have been pointless to take cell phones to prevent the parents from placing a 911 call. If it was a stranger, it sure was a busy, brazen one!

that is entirely possible. my family had our flat robbed a few years ago and the perp walked himself right to my dSLR at the head of my bed on the nightstand and I never woke up :(

(no, there was no box of wine involved, I had a newborn!! I slept through the whole freaking thing!! this is partly why I remain on the fence, this really could happen and you really might not wake...)

I finally (accidentally) found a reference and maybe this is what I'm mistakenly thinking was on the 911 call/scanner.

In the minutes following the initial dispatch, officers can be heard canvassing the neighborhood."How are you on your area canvass," one officer asks another."Finishing up with the neighbor from across the street now. I'll contact you in a minute," another officer responds. "Call me on my cell ASAP," the other officer said. Augustine said many conversations are not included on the tapes because officers communicated with each other on their cellphones.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29471219/detail.html#ixzz1boTqlbBr

unfortunate choice of words "laying low". Wonder if they were BS or the reporters

unfortunate choice of words "laying low". Wonder if they were BS or the reporters
It seemed to be a quote of a BS text to a reporter. If anyone is following him on Twitter, perhaps they can confirm it.

I continue to get a "kick" out of BS' initiials, especially in some posts. :D

I started an MSM thread for today:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7299828#post7299828"]MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/30/11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't see anyone resembling MW in the video. Ironically, when I first watched this video I was so impressed with SY and LE. Now that I'm rewatching it with a whole new perspective, I cannot believe that he's there talking to reporters, giving a mini PC whilst they're searching with MD on the front yard. A defense attorney's dream come true.

RBBM

Sadly, I think that they were initially working the case as what it was reported by the parents to be: a child abduction. At the time, I don't think that they were concerned with what a defense atty. would be plotting to use against them in a homicide trial.

Although I do see your point, I have the utmost faith in and the utmost respect for the KCPD. I believe that they have conducted themselves professionally and selflessly in the search for Lisa. They want to find her--that is evident.

I thought the same thing. He/she not only had time to kidnap a child and grab the cell phones (while leaving every light on - and the pumpkin light, lest we forget) but also walked around the house to make sure there was no land line. They would had to have known or walked around to ensure there was no land line if you (general you) assume they took the phones to keep the parents from calling 911.

IF we assume his motive was to disable them from calling 911. It may not have been the intent at all. The person may have personal connections (someone having an affair with DB for example*) and wanted to read her email or texts.

There are a lot of reasons they could have been taking, to speculate that it was to cut them off is a logical assumption, but not the only possibility.

*this was taken out of thin-air and not in any way suggested as fact.

I read on here a few days ago that in this state, 911 calls are never released - is that incorrect and it's actually being withheld?

No, you're right 2goldfish. Missouri considers 911 calls to be confidential and will not release them.

MSM Coverage
10/30/2011

Apparently, a volunteer stated that "the family" asked her to look for the missing cell phones and the clothes Baby Lisa was wearing that night during today's volunteer search:

Another volunteer, EF-D, said the family asked her to look for the cell phones or any of the clothing Lisa wore that night. She said her own daughter, age 11, was killed in 2003 by a hit-and-run driver who was never caught.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/30/us-baby-missing-idUSTRE79T2UH20111030

It's Mom's story, and she's sticking to it.

MSM Coverage
10/30/2011

Apparently, a volunteer stated that "the family" asked her to look for the missing cell phones and the clothes Baby Lisa was wearing that night during today's volunteer search:

Another volunteer, EF-D, said the family asked her to look for the cell phones or any of the clothing Lisa wore that night. She said her own daughter, age 11, was killed in 2003 by a hit-and-run driver who was never caught.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/30/us-baby-missing-idUSTRE79T2UH20111030

It's Mom's story, and she's sticking to it.
From the article
Meanwhile, several people showed up at the Irwin house on Sunday afternoon to do their own search for Lisa or any clues. One, Joe Robinson, searched a wooded area along a parkway near the Irwin home, which he did not believe police searched.
People who keep saying that there are no personal searches going on need to see this. THERE ARE! I see it everyday. I have seen this gentleman doing such also. Thank you Mr. Robinson!

Also from the article
Another volunteer, Edith Fine-Duskin, said the family asked her to look for the cell phones or any of the clothing Lisa wore that night. She said her own daughter, age 11, was killed in 2003 by a hit-and-run driver who was never caught.
This lady is here every single day helping the family. EVERY day. She hosts the nightly vigils at the house. Thank you MS Edith!

for MSM reports/articles/tweets of today:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7299828#post7299828"]MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/30/11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa