Missing cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and MW claims to not know the family at all. Never seen Baby Lisa until it hit the news and her picture was on TV. MW says she's been through Lisa's neighborhood with her ex-boyfriend (no clarification on who that was at all). MW has no idea why her phone was called.

If you're phone rings @ 2:40am and you have NO idea who answered it, you just may have a problem.

Oh and MW claims to not know the family at all. Never seen Baby Lisa until it hit the news and her picture was on TV. MW says she's been through Lisa's neighborhood with her ex-boyfriend (no clarification on who that was at all). MW has no idea why her phone was called.

Right. She may be lying about some of that - but since the police have interviewed her 4 times, and know whether the phone was answered and I'm sure told her whether it was, I can't believe she'd publicly lie about that.

Not knowing what type(s) of cell phones were involved, my only guess would be that the SIM card had been removed from the phone and DB was supposed to insert one of theirs.

MOO

we don't know if the phone lent to the parents uses sim card technology or not.

I believe she is taking a photo with an old model digital camera, and not a phone. I am thinking from the 3-6 megapixel era. Just based on it's square and thickish appearance. I do not claim to be right, but that is my guess.

I wish we could find one of it's original uploads, the properties information would tell us exactly what was used.

If you're phone rings @ 2:40am and you have NO idea who answered it, you just may have a problem.

Maybe later she'll admit to drinking a box of wine too, and she might have blacked out! lol

Here's a thought.

There is a $100,000. reward sitting out there. IF MW was not involved at all, and this "ex" of hers is truly an "ex" - then why wouldn't she sing like a canary to try to collect that reward?

We don't know all that she HAS told LE and what LE has told her to "keep under her hat".

KWIM?

JMHO

Is pink hair girl on the map? Just wondering where she lives from all the other points of interest. Would that be against the rules? I know she isn't a suspect or anything, but if she was home when she got the call it might be useful.

I'm still trying to figure out how MW got "outted"? Who leaked it? Someone did - she was interviewed on camera - so the media got a hold of it. Did she call the media? Why now? Why all of a sudden does this MW pop up and the long lingering questions about a 2:30 phone call from one of the "stolen cells" is now confirmed?

I'm still trying to figure out how MW got "outted"? Who leaked it? Someone did - she was interviewed on camera - so the media got a hold of it. Did she call the media? Why now? Why all of a sudden does this MW pop up and the long lingering questions about a 2:30 phone call from one of the "stolen cells" is now confirmed?

She didn't appear prepared for her interview imo.

Is pink hair girl on the map? Just wondering where she lives from all the other points of interest. Would that be against the rules? I know she isn't a suspect or anything, but if she was home when she got the call it might be useful.

I heard on FNC it's approximately two miles from the Irwins.

And that is most of the problem trying to figure this out.

MOO

The big question I have is - was the phone lent to the parents active or if not active at the time it was lent to them - was it able to be activated by them and if yes - did they go through the proper steps to have it activated.

I think the radius of the "ping" is dependent upon the number of cell towers that it pings off. The way location is established by triangulating between towers. If there aren't a lot of towers in the area or there are tall buildings, it makes it more difficult. Here's a pretty good link explanation of ping accuracy:
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...en-mother-to-continue-at-east-fork-state-park

How to Conceal Location of Call: make the call from one area, immediately turn off the phone, remove the battery and get away from that area. It can't be triangulated by GPS if the battery is out.
The Untraceable Phone-- pay cash for a phone with a specific number of minutes and a set expiration date, do not put in any personal data and throw the phone away immediately when it has expired. Basically, an untraceable cellphone. Not all of the details are here as this is the internet, but, yes, untraceable cellphones exist and there are ways to avoid GPS and triangulation.

The big question I have is - was the phone lent to the parents active or if not active at the time it was lent to them - was it able to be activated by them and if yes - did they go through the proper steps to have it activated.

I wonder if, and this would be a big IF, the family member said that they would carry the phone on their plan for them so that way the family member always knew they could contact DB or JI. Maybe the phone turned on at midnight? Is that possible??? I have no idea. I'm just thinking out loud.

Still think this call could be major (and so hoping it's a strong link leading to Lisa). But, the more I wrack my brain about it, there are reasonable scenarios that would render it unrelated and insignficant. LE and the FBI electronics experts and crime investigators are smarter than I. They knew about this early on. They questioned MW 4 times (according to her, at least). If she really received a call and has been questioned 4 times (we only have her word, for now), then LE knows her friends, family and associates. They've done their homework, imo.

This call is either huge and being kept very close to the vest, or it's nothing at all (no middle ground on its significance, imo). I don't for one second believe KCPD and FBI let a potential lead like this go. Stepping back a little, I can now see how this call might be less important than I originally thought. For example, could be Debbi's dad cancelled his old phone number before giving Debbi his phone and it had just been reassinged to somebody in that area code who knows MW. LE could have said the call came from the Irwin phone because Debbi claimed that she had dad's phone at the house and gave LE that number. So, LE told MW about the call coming from the house based on Debbi's story, rather than using ping data to determine the locaction of the caller (and LE may or may not have known the phone number ownership had just been tranferred to someone MW knows). MW could have really just missed a call in the wee hours, but LE led her to believe it was answered and questioned her multiple times before ruling her out. Had to be certain. Just one example of how this call and MW could be rather meaningless in finding Baby Lisa.

Doesn't appear MW retained a lawyer (if so, would her lawyer permit her to do an interview if she were incriminated?). Doesn't appear Stanton was even aware of this call to MW, per his admission that he never spoke to MW, on Judge Jeanine last night. As the PI, wouldn't he have the phone records for Debbi and Jeremy's phone numbers and scoured them?

On the fence regarding the significance of an alleged call to MW from the Irwin home. Waiting for more info...

MW is a pink haired young woman who was interviewed the other day - her "phone" alledgedly recevied a call the night Lisa went missing at approx. 2 - 2:30 AM.

MW says she doesn't know who answered her phone, what was said - voicemail or not - nothing.

LE has spoken with MW 4 times so far. The call (or voicemail) was supposedly 50 sec in length.

HTH (Hope that helps)

WiseOldOwl,
This helps a lot. It's taking me a while to read all the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleCrimeOnThePrairie