Missing cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to figure out how MW got "outted"? Who leaked it? Someone did - she was interviewed on camera - so the media got a hold of it. Did she call the media? Why now? Why all of a sudden does this MW pop up and the long lingering questions about a 2:30 phone call from one of the "stolen cells" is now confirmed?

Indeedy, who is the leak-ee? Could the leak-ee be involved with Lisa's disappearance?

There are also spoof cards or gangsta phone cards, again prepaid with a set number of minutes and purchasable for cash--westernunion. Spoof cards allow you to fake the caller id when calling another party. Upon calling a person, you get to choose what number you want to appear as. There is no way the party can find out what phone number the call originated from because their phone records will display the altered number.
WIS is that somebody could have spoofed an Irwin phone. I don't think it matters then whether the spoofed phone was active or not.

I'm still trying to figure out how MW got "outted"? Who leaked it? Someone did - she was interviewed on camera - so the media got a hold of it. Did she call the media? Why now? Why all of a sudden does this MW pop up and the long lingering questions about a 2:30 phone call from one of the "stolen cells" is now confirmed?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...-brothers-canceled-attorney/story?id=14834151

I don't know who told GMA but IMO they approached her. I don't think she called the media. IMO she would've spilled more and prolly would've done a lil better for herself and gotten an "$exclusive$"

IMO now, cause the family is getting antsy and going into hiding or whatever so my bet is this needed to come out to put the focus back on the parents. Not let them get to comfy wherever B.S has them. imo

Once MSM posts her ex husband/ex boyfriends names, we will get to hear more about who would have had an opportunity to have MW's cell. And how they might tie into one of the parents.IMO

Now if you can tell me why local media is'nt camped outside her door wanting to hear her story of who had her phone?? Is it because it's the weekend? I hate that stuff like this just gets put on hold til the business world gets going Mon-Fri 9-5. Honestly they need some websleuthers on payroll. I know I've (& I venture to guess a bunch of you all) been on this case all day every single day for the past 4 weeks!!

There are also spoof cards or gangsta phone cards, again prepaid with a set number of minutes and purchasable for cash--westernunion. Spoof cards allow you to fake the caller id when calling another party. Upon calling a person, you get to choose what number you want to appear as. There is no way the party can find out what phone number the call originated from because their phone records will display the altered number.
WIS is that somebody could have spoofed an Irwin phone. I don't think it matters then whether the spoofed phone was active or not.

I can see this happening if the perp wanted to frame MW.. So then why her? Who would want to put someone in the middle of this? A vindictive spouse perhaps? And IMO it would take a little more planning to fit that spoofed call in right in the middle of a "disappearing" Lisa. So then maybe something happened earlier to Lisa and this plan got rolling earlier in the day, w/ time to purchase a spoof card. IMO

IMO I think the phone call was placed to get the action rolling. Few words and done. Thats why it was'nt a txt. Everyone knows you can retrieve txt words. But there is no record of words spoken. (that I know of but I'm sure it's not far) My voice mail messages are immediatly displayed in word form so I can read instead of listening.imo

Still think this call could be major (and so hoping it's a strong link leading to Lisa). But, the more I wrack my brain about it, there are reasonable scenarios that would render it unrelated and insignficant. LE and the FBI electronics experts and crime investigators are smarter than I. They knew about this early on. They questioned MW 4 times (according to her, at least). If she really received a call and has been questioned 4 times (we only have her word, for now), then LE knows her friends, family and associates. They've done their homework, imo.

This call is either huge and being kept very close to the vest, or it's nothing at all (no middle ground on its significance, imo). I don't for one second believe KCPD and FBI let a potential lead like this go. Stepping back a little, I can now see how this call might be less important than I originally thought. For example, could be Debbi's dad cancelled his old phone number before giving Debbi his phone and it had just been reassinged to somebody in that area code who knows MW. LE could have said the call came from the Irwin phone because Debbi claimed that she had dad's phone at the house and gave LE that number. So, LE told MW about the call coming from the house based on Debbi's story, rather than using ping data to determine the locaction of the caller (and LE may or may not have known the phone number ownership had just been tranferred to someone MW knows). MW could have really just missed a call in the wee hours, but LE led her to believe it was answered and questioned her multiple times before ruling her out. Had to be certain. Just one example of how this call and MW could be rather meaningless in finding Baby Lisa.

Doesn't appear MW retained a lawyer (if so, would her lawyer permit her to do an interview if she were incriminated?). Doesn't appear Stanton was even aware of this call to MW, per his admission that he never spoke to MW, on Judge Jeanine last night. As the PI, wouldn't he have the phone records for Debbi and Jeremy's phone numbers and scoured them?

On the fence regarding the significance of an alleged call to MW from the Irwin home. Waiting for more info...

BBM. I don't believe this is the explanation because LE tracked the phone records. I don't know if they subpoena phone records based on the owner or the number but either way I think it would show in the records. If they have subpoenaed DB's father's records the call to MW wouldn't have been listed if the phone number had stopped belonging to him at that point IMO. It would be in the next owner's call log.

If they have subpoenaed the records from a certain phone number and the new owner of the number called MW, they would probably see that the phone continued to be in use after the night Lisa disappeared.

I'm thinking about familial DNA. If LE has DNA that was located inside the Irwin home, that they aren't able to connect to anyone at this time, and they say that they need to swab the two boys, that really isn't making much sense to me at the moment. If they already have DNA from the home, then why not run it, because if it belongs to one of the boys, which LE or at least forensics would know that it matched either DB or JI through familial DNA.

I hope I said that correctly and didn't confuse the issue lol.

I can see this happening if the perp wanted to frame MW.. So then why her? Who would want to put someone in the middle of this? A vindictive spouse perhaps? And IMO it would take a little more planning to fit that spoofed call in right in the middle of a "disappearing" Lisa. So then maybe something happened earlier to Lisa and this plan got rolling earlier in the day, w/ time to purchase a spoof card. IMO

IMO I think the phone call was placed to get the action rolling. Few words and done. Thats why it was'nt a txt. Everyone knows you can retrieve txt words. But there is no record of words spoken. (that I know of but I'm sure it's not far) My voice mail messages are immediatly displayed in word form so I can read instead of listening.imo

If the perp wanted to frame MW, though, they would have placed the baby's remains in her home, or clothing in her home, etc. it seems. That's not really much of a frame-up job, the cops seem ready to dismiss it.

I'm thinking about familial DNA. If LE has DNA that was located inside the Irwin home, that they aren't able to connect to anyone at this time, and they say that they need to swab the two boys, that really isn't making much sense to me at the moment. If they already have DNA from the home, then why not run it, because if it belongs to one of the boys, which LE or at least forensics would know that it matched either DB or JI through familial DNA.

Yeah, you did say it correctly. ;D

I've been wondering about this. Can anyone imagine how much human DNA is in their home? There's probably at least 100 people's DNA in my home, some in the form of blood splashes. It seems impossible to screen a family home for DNA and hope to ID all of it. And hope by doing this, to catch someone who came in, spent about 10 minutes in the home and left vs. trying to screen out people who would left much more DNA but are completely uninvolved with this case.

Yeah, you did say it correctly. ;D

I've been wondering about this. Can anyone imagine how much human DNA is in their home? There's probably at least 100 people's DNA in my home, some in the form of blood splashes. It seems impossible to screen a family home for DNA and hope to ID all of it. And hope by doing this, to catch someone who came in, spent about 10 minutes in the home and left vs. trying to screen out people who would left much more DNA but are completely uninvolved with this case.

Yep, there is that too. How would LE know if the perp had been there before, and actually, if DB and JI aren't really aware of who took baby Lisa, and it was someone who HAD been to the home before, then what a tangled web.

The spoofer prepurchases a spoof PIN for cash with no identifying information, enters that PIN and the number the caller wants to use and ta-da. The caller can alter his/her voice, e.g., vm, text or surreptitiously record the conversation.
The police have not found any phones and it appears they have searched extensively as there was a ping to one of the Irwin numbers (per Judge Pirro who claims LE source). MW claims that she doesn't know who placed the call and that the phones were deactivated. Spoofing works on deactivated phones.
The perp kidnaps the baby and grabs the phones. Uses the number from one of those phones to spoof a call to MW in order to conceal identity and frame her. Perp then pulls the batteries from the phones and disposes of the phones, but maybe the perp is close enough to a tower that a ping registered before the batteries were pulled from the DB/JI phones.
I briing this spoofing idea up because there seems to be a real stumbling block about these phones. My Far-out MOO.

BBM. I don't believe this is the explanation because LE tracked the phone records. I don't know if they subpoena phone records based on the owner or the number but either way I think it would show in the records. If they have subpoenaed DB's father's records the call to MW wouldn't have been listed if the phone number had stopped belonging to him at that point IMO. It would be in the next owner's call log.

If they have subpoenaed the records from a certain phone number and the new owner of the number called MW, they would probably see that the phone continued to be in use after the night Lisa disappeared.

I don't believe this exact scenario either Donjeta. Just an example scenario. We don't know when MW was questioned (day 1 or recently) to know what source of information led to MW or why. I wanna wait and see what comes of it because it's really been driving me crazy!

Could DB hide the cell phones so they could never be found? I don't view her as being that clever.

Here's an explanation of cell phone 'spoofing'

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing"]Caller ID spoofing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

UNLESS JI is not the older boy's real daddy.......

The spoofer prepurchases a spoof PIN for cash with no identifying information, enters that PIN and the number the caller wants to use and ta-da. The caller can alter his/her voice, e.g., vm, text or surreptitiously record the conversation. The police have not found any phones and it appears they have searched extensively as there was a ping to one of the Irwin numbers (per Judge Pirro who claims LE source). MW claims that she doesn't know who placed the call and that the phones were deactivated. Spoofing works on deactivated phones.
The perp kidnaps the baby and grabs the phones. Uses the number from one of those phones to spoof a call to MW in order to conceal identity and frame her. Perp then pulls the batteries from the phones and disposes of the phones, but maybe the perp is close enough to a tower that a ping registered before the batteries were pulled from the DB/JI phones.
I briing this spoofing idea up because there seems to be a real stumbling block about these phones. My Far-out MOO.

BBM
That is downright scary.

So you just pick up a card at western union or get activation numbers and pick up de-activated phone. Put the numbers into phone and voila! service w/ fake number? What's the purpose? Only to deceive people right?

ETA: i read the wiki link. It's crazy the lengths people go to deceive. imo

MW was interviewed 4 times by LE. Whether they were showing up at her home in marked or even unmarked cars, someone is going to notice. I'm sure she told friends and family about it too. The "team" is snooping around KS for information. They get wind of this possibly by getting the phone records directly from the parents, find out where the girl lives and pass the info on to the national media. The information has been out there since the beginning so it's no surprise to anyone. It has to be put out there so why not ambush the girl, get an exclusive, and get her response to it. Then edit it to put some more doubt into the equation. Which it certainly did. Maybe for good reason, maybe not. Time will tell.

Every time they do this, they hurt LE's case by releasing evidence so they will continue to do it IMO.

MOO

The spoofer prepurchases a spoof PIN for cash with no identifying information, enters that PIN and the number the caller wants to use and ta-da. The caller can alter his/her voice, e.g., vm, text or surreptitiously record the conversation.

That only effectively blocks the callers ID. The call will still show up on a bill from the "spoofing" number. Exercise in futility.

The police have not found any phones and it appears they have searched extensively as there was a ping to one of the Irwin numbers (per Judge Pirro who claims LE source).

There was a ping from one of the phones, so the phone had to be there - again, nothing to do with spoofing.

MW claims that she doesn't know who placed the call and that the phones were deactivated. Spoofing works on deactivated phones.

BEM: MW didn't say anything about JI and DB's phones being deactivated. Spoofing works on deactivated phones? Only if that phone can make calls.

The perp kidnaps the baby and grabs the phones. Uses the number from one of those phones to spoof a call to MW in order to conceal identity and frame her.

So they used the phone number from one of their phones to show up on MW's phone to frame her? Frame her how? The true phone number, from the spoofer's phone would still show up on the bill. Did said intruder know the phones were deactivated and so bought the spoofing feature with cash before going to the Bradwin's?

Perp then pulls the batteries from the phones and disposes of the phones, but maybe the perp is close enough to a tower that a ping registered before the batteries were pulled from the DB/JI phones.

I think LE will ask for MW's phone bills, maybe even subpoena them during the GJ process. They already know where the number that called her originated from - one of the "stolen" phones - or they wouldn't have contacted her.

Doesn't it have to be mtDNA? THe oldest boy is not DB's son. There is only mtDNA in the mother not the father.. (I think) LOL

I've always wondered why someone felt that they had to get rid of all 3 phones if apparantly only one of them may have had an incriminating call made that night. Why not leave the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa