WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio was almost exactly one year ago. She was about three. I don't think she was being coached. I think she was definitely upset. But mom kept saying things directly in front of the child that would be the opposite of reassuring. She never reassured the child at all and the child stopped screaming and listened carefully every time her mom spoke.

The mom said, "Well, she's upset because you hit me and she remembers that."

"She's upset because you kept her from me for seven months. She thinks she will never see me again."

"[M] says "so and so" is mean to her at your house."

The child was quiet each time she said those things. Mom kept a hold of her. She should have told the daughter, "Listen, you will have a great time with Daddy and you will see me in two days. You will come back and I'll be here but daddy wants to see you too, okay?" Then she should have handed her over to dad quickly. "I'll see you soon sweetheart! You'll have fun!" The point is to make your child comfortable, not traumatized.

I totally agree. I believe that the poor little girl probably has no idea how she really feels about her dad b/c her mother has been manipulating the situation for so long.

I'm a School Psychologist, and in grad school I took a counseling class in family dynamics. I read a research paper called Roadmap To Schizoland - about how you can take someone with the genetic predisposition for schizophrenia and put them in two different environments - and get two different outcomes. One where the person would more than likely not develop schizophrenia, and the other where self-doubt, invalidation, and "crazymaking" basically shoved the person down the path towards schizophrenia. We also saw several videos of vignettes with different family dynamics... that eerily sounded alot like that audio clip.

Hmmm, unless someone was walking past the car at the exact moment that mom and 4 y.o. got out of the car and began walking, then it cannot be said for sure that Sky was never left in that car at the time mom stated...MOO

Hmmm, unless someone was walking past the car at the exact moment that mom and 4 y.o. got out of the car and began walking, then it cannot be said for sure that Sky was never left in that car at the time mom stated...MOO

That's very true. Obviously, at SOME point during that time span, maybe the entirety, he wasn't in the car. So if the witnesses came along toward the end of her absence, that would be no information at all really.

What would be important is if someone saw her pull off, and doubled back and tried to help out, only to look and see the car empty.

Aren't the boys in India ... worth more to the family, than girls?

They value boys much more .... see links.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/worldhaveyoursay/2011/05/on_air_are_boys_more_valuable.html

and

http://www.icrw.org/files/publications/Son-Preference-and-Daughter-Neglect-in-India.pdf

Would this make any difference or influence on the story?

Except the father is a man who went to Bellevue high school, celebrated Christmas and invited people who came into his store to church. I'm seeing him as quite American in his attitudes.

Except the father is a man who went to Bellevue high school, celebrated Christmas and invited people who came into his store to church. I'm seeing him as quite American in his attitudes.

Mm hm. Plus he married a blonde.

I don't imagine they stick much to middle eastern tradition.

the audio was almost exactly one year ago. She was about three. I don't think she was being coached. I think she was definitely upset. But mom kept saying things directly in front of the child that would be the opposite of reassuring. She never reassured the child at all and the child stopped screaming and listened carefully every time her mom spoke.

The mom said, "well, she's upset because you hit me and she remembers that."

"she's upset because you kept her from me for seven months. She thinks she will never see me again."

"[m] says "so and so" is mean to her at your house."

the child was quiet each time she said those things. Mom kept a hold of her. She should have told the daughter, "listen, you will have a great time with daddy and you will see me in two days. You will come back and i'll be here but daddy wants to see you too, okay?" then she should have handed her over to dad quickly. "i'll see you soon sweetheart! You'll have fun!" the point is to make your child comfortable, not traumatized.

Eta: This could be an example of subtle alienation, not coaching. There is a difference.

Once again. Child was last with mom who admits to leaving him in a car, alone, with unlocked doors, unattended. Police tape is around her house and the trash room of her apartment, not dads. I guess in light of that, little things about mom take on a deeper meaning.

bingo!

Mm hm. Plus he married a blonde.

I don't imagine they stick much to middle eastern tradition.

IMO, he is very americanized with his clothing (Puma is what I remember the most) and faux-hawk/spiked hairstyles.

Nasty divorce, custody battle. . ugh! I just hope that Sky is hidden away somewhere, I don't care if it was the Mom or Dad's doing at this point.

I'm not buying that he was left in an unlocked car and taken by a stranger. Especially not in that area.

Everyone's talking about the customs in Pakistan. Her maiden name is either Russian or from the Ukraine. I even hear the accent strongly in the audios. Wonder how long she's been in the country. I see she went to high school here. We have a large Russian community where I live and I haven't met any of them yet who did not have a strong, expressive personality. MOO

I missed that. Is this where Julia lives?

I can't confirm this. Early in the briefing they said they were searching the apartment in the 8000 block of 161st Ave NE in Redmond. This one fits, and a friend of mine driving by saw Bellevue PD there along with Redmond. My math tells me yes, but at this point that is simply speculation, of course. We do know this is the block she lives on.

Everyone's talking about the customs in Pakistan. Her maiden name is either Russian or from the Ukraine. I even hear the accent strongly in the audios. Wonder how long she's been in the country. I see she went to high school here. We have a large Russian community where I live and I haven't met any of them yet who did not have a strong, expressive personality. MOO

The dad is from Pakistan. I think the mom is from Russia, but came to the US when she was fairly young. I do hear the accent in the tapes, but it is not as strong as somebody that speaks Russian as their first language.

I missed that. Is this where Julia lives?

Some of the pictures on her flickr page look like they are in a modern room that is similar to that apartment building. (From one of the birthday parties.) I might be her apartment or one of her relatives.

I have not confirmed this with my own eyes, but I just got a call from a dear friend who reported the Bellevue and Redmond PD has cars parked outside this building presently. The address does match the one given in the police briefing earlier.

http://www.liveatveloce.com/

That's not cheap. Especially for a self-described stay-at-home mom.

I can't confirm this. Early in the briefing they said they were searching the apartment in the 8000 block of 161st Ave NE in Redmond. This one fits, and a friend of mine driving by saw Bellevue PD there along with Redmond. My math tells me yes, but at this point that is simply speculation, of course. We do know this is the block she lives on.

I do have to say, looking at the rents there, the whole notion of her not being able to afford gas, a gas can, or to keep her iphone doesn't seem to be in play. IF she lives there, moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2