GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Verdict Watch

One more reason for me not to like MSNBC. If Murray wanted his side of the story to be told; he should have testified.

NBC, MSNBC, Australian broadcaster Nine Network and UK net Channel 4 are among the broadcasters that will rush to air a documentary boasting exclusive access to Dr Conrad Murray (pictured), who was today convicted for the involuntary manslaughter of late singer Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship (1 x 50-minutes) and an accompanying exclusive news interview with Murray (1 x 15-minutes) have both been produced by UK indie October Films, in association with What’s It All About? Productions.

The documentary, from director Tom Roberts, promises to explore “the surreal world inhabited by Jackson in the last three months of his life,” while also examining “his fatal friendship with the doctor he handpicked to care for himself and his children.”

Read more: http://realscreen.com/2011/11/07/nbc-nine-network-c4-to-rush-to-air-conrad-murray-doc/#ixzz1d5PxYY7e

My heart breaks for Michael's family. They had to witness Michael's casket being being taken away to the cemetery.

I agree but the most heartbreaking moment for me was hearing the testimony about Paris and Prince entering the bedroom and Paris screaming "daddy". I can actually visualize it. :(

Well, his GF's house should be full of it. She can pack some in her instrument and bring it to him when she visits. There oughtta be a couple of gallons back home. With plenty of IV tubing.... Now that he knows about the little hang-tab thingie, set-up ought to be quick & easy for him. Enuff for a lotta bunkmates.

One big jailhouse slumber party.
icon10.gif

You really crack me up!!!! LMBO :floorlaugh:

Maybe they should go after pharmacists next. Michael had 19 aliases.

I do hope you realize that the search warrant which spoke about the aliases and other doctors were from drugs confiscated in 2004 during MJ's molestation trial. The doctors were all investigated and there was insufficient evidence to charge them. In addition to that as Dr. Metzger testified, he had not even seen MJ in 5 years. After the trial, MJ left the country and when he came back he resided in Vegas until he came back to CA in October, 2008. Murray was his primary physician while he was in Vegas.

Investigators find insufficient evidence against physicians and a nurse who prescribed drugs to King of Pop; Conrad Murray will face trial in the fall

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-charges-for-his-death-20100729#ixzz1d5VpqMpC

And I have "fate" and told the "troot" :rolleyes:

On a side note, I do feel bad for his mom.

I do, too.
And I've always felt bad for his kids; that he wasn't there for them nor provided for them.

That is irrelevant to this case.

No other drugs were found in MJs system at the time of his death but what Murray prescribed and said he administered to him.

A lot of the bottles still had pills left in them and some were gotten way back in 2008.

Even the Judge in ANSs case said a doctor must treat someone that has legitimate pain or emotional issues.

Millions of people take meds for insomnia in our country.

IMO

irrelevant? not hardly. wow.

I do, too.
And I've always felt bad for his kids; that he wasn't there for them nor provided for them.

Yes, if one of my sons abandoned his kids and didn't support them, I'd kick his *** from here to kingdom come.

Did anyone see that creep on Dr. Drew tonight, the Houston lawyer, Charles Peckham, who said that David Walgren has blood on his hands for taking Murray away from his patients in Acres Homes? Yes indeed, he said that! I guess he forgot the part about Murray abandoning those same folks while chasing the almighty dollar.

As I've pointed out previously, Miss Ruby said 75 percent of the folks in Acres Homes were on Social Security or Medicaid. Which means they were covered by Medicare or Medicaid. So, all of this BS about Murray giving away all of his services for free was a bunch of hooey. He may have helped some folks who fell between the cracks, but it's not like he was working for nothing in Acres Homes, or Las Vegas for that matter.

And that sleazeball Rickey Brian Oxman is all over the place opining on everything. Rickey Brian has been in and out of trouble with the California Bar for his own ethical problems. http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/72172 I wouldn't be fawning over his words either, Dr. Drew!!!

At least 3 of Dr. Drews celebrity rehab patients have died, and many others have been rearrested. So his method isn't perfect. IMO I don't think anything can stop someone with money, the individual has to want it.

I am only aware of the one guy that died, the fellow who used to be on Taxi. Who are the other two?

Doctor Murray surrendered his passport and medical license to the Court because these were conditions of his bail. Although I don't disagree with the Judge's decision to incarcerate Dr. Murray, I doubt Dr. Murray could leave the country cause he doesn't have a passport or any money for that matter so he wouldn't be able to escape imo.

At the 3:20 mm in this video, Judge Pastor said “even though Dr. Murray is a medical doctor and even though he has been practicing……” BUT Judge Pastor suspended
Dr. Murray’s medical license in January 2011 after he originally stated he didn’t have the power to so as a condition of bail. Dr. Murray was forced to close his medical clinics and afaik he has not practiced since which reduced the risk he would reoffend if he remained free until his sentencing hearing.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-denied-bail.cnn

I just finished reading some of the posts here, then checked to see what was on the news stns before calling it a day...
and found that "This Is It" is on vh1-HD! It had been on for an hour already, but still had an hour and half left.
I wish I could've seen it from the beginning.

It is so amazing to watch him, now... after thinking about him and talking about him and writing about him
so much all these past weeks. Michael sure does not look drugged, or sick or fatigued. He just looks so fantastic!!!
And so energetic, so healthy. He's talking very coherently and his thoughts and mind seem very sharp.

He's so talented !!! So so so much talent!

I feel so sad right now.

Watching him... and all the other people in the movie - the musicians, singers, dancers, directors & stage crew -
and how he interacted with all of them. How he made them laugh. And they made him laugh. And yet, every single
person who worked with him is so professional and so together.

They all just adored him.

I really really am sad. I could just cry my eyes out right now.

Yes, if one of my sons abandoned his kids and didn't support them, I'd kick his *** from here to kingdom come.

Did anyone see that creep on Dr. Drew tonight, the Houston lawyer, Charles Peckham, who said that David Walgren has blood on his hands for taking Murray away from his patients in Acres Homes? Yes indeed, he said that! I guess he forgot the part about Murray abandoning those same folks while chasing the almighty dollar.

As I've pointed out previously, Miss Ruby said 75 percent of the folks in Acres Homes were on Social Security or Medicaid. Which means they were covered by Medicare or Medicaid. So, all of this BS about Murray giving away all of his services for free was a bunch of hooey. He may have helped some folks who fell between the cracks, but it's not like he was working for nothing in Acres Homes, or Las Vegas for that matter.

And that sleazeball Rickey Brian Oxman is all over the place opining on everything. Rickey Brian has been in and out of trouble with the California Bar for his own ethical problems. http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/72172 I wouldn't be fawning over his words either, Dr. Drew!!!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks Oxman is sleazy. All through this trial and immediately following MJ's death, I got the feeling Oxman loved being in the limelight to talk about His experiences with MJ. He always looked so smug and delighted to be spotlighed to comment on these entertainment/news shows. I reached a point that when he spoke, I mentally tuned him out. Gives me the creeps.
just my O

I just finished up reading some of the posts here, then checked to see what was on the news stns before calling it a day...
and found that "This Is It" is on vh1-HD! It had been on for an hour already, but still had an hour and half left.
I wish I could've seen it from the beginning.

It is so amazing to watch him, now... after thinking about him and talking about him and writing about him
so much all these past weeks. Michael sure does not look drugged, or sick or fatigued. He just looks so fantastic!!!
And so energetic, so healthy. He's talking very coherently and his thoughts and mind seem very sharp.

He's so talented !!! So so so much talent!

I feel so sad right now.

Watching him... and all the other people in the movie - the musicians, singers, dancers, directors & stage crew -
and how he interacted with all of them. How he made them laugh. And they made him laugh. And yet, every single
person who worked with him is so professional and so together.

They all just adored him.

I really really am sad. I could just cry my eyes out right now.

Sorry for your sadness Peace. We bought "This is It" the moment it went on sale. And yes it is marvelous.

But, it's also an excellent example of editing.
If you notice the specific numbers where MJ performs, there were many scenes edited in (shown by him wearing different clothing which meant these scenes were compiled from different nights of rehearsal). I can't recall one number where it isn't made up of from different rehearsals.

Of course the people who put out this DVD would want to show MJ only in his best form. And the editing that was done was so on cue it's an unbelievable art form.

After studing the DVD and watching the trial and hearing the testimony, I have come to believe that we really never knew Michael's real medical condition. "This is It" only shows the best moments of his nights on stage.
Knowing what went on in that bedroom, if we know all of it, is indeed very sad. Doctor or not, it's clear Murray did not know what he was doing in giving this drug. If he did, he would have refused to be part of this all and known the dangers of doing this outside a hospital or medical setting.

What a great loss to all of us.

just my O

Sorry for your sadness Peace. We bought "This is It" the moment it went on sale. And yes it is marvelous.

But, it's also an excellent example of editing.
If you notice the specific numbers where MJ performs, there were many scenes edited in (shown by him wearing different clothing which meant these scenes were compiled from different nights of rehearsal). I can't recall one number where it isn't made up of from different rehearsals.

Of course the people who put out this DVD would want to show MJ only in his best form. And the editing that was done was so on cue it's an unbelievable art form.

After studing the DVD and watching the trial and hearing the testimony, I have come to believe that we really never knew Michael's real medical condition. "This is It" only shows the best moments of his nights on stage.
Knowing what went on in that bedroom, if we know all of it, is indeed very sad. Doctor or not, it's clear Murray did not know what he was doing in giving this drug. If he did, he would have refused to be part of this all and known the dangers of doing this outside a hospital or medical setting.

What a great loss to all of us.

just my O

Geez. Cannot sleep again ....... grrr

Anyway have to disagree on the video and rehearsals. The Defense Team actually met with SONY for two weeks to review ALL of the clips from the rehearsals in an attempt to find bad clips to show that he was not in best form. They had boxes of film. They could not find even just ONE. All attorneys agreed that even a "bad" rehearsal was good and wound up not being able to use anything that would show MJ in a bad light. This was discussed in open court in a pre-trial hearing. If he was sick; he was not at rehearsal.

You can read the motions here:

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/cour...onrad+Murray&casenum=SA073164&date=2010-05-04

Jurors in the upcoming trial of Conrad Murray will not see unreleased footage of Michael’s final rehearsals, a judge ruled Monday. The defense had conceded the raw video did not depict the singer as sickly. Lawyers for Murray had reviewed 100 hours of outtakes from the Sony Pictures documentary This Is It for video consistent with their theory that a desperate Michael Jackson accidentally caused his own overdose from a surgical anesthetic.

But in comments to the media last week that he reiterated in court Monday, defense lawyer J. Michael Flanagan said Michael appeared healthy in rehearsals. “Even on his bad days, he’s good,” Flanagan said. He argued that jurors should still see four hours of footage that showed Michael was often absent from practice sessions in the 10 days before his death, but Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor disagreed and granted Sony’s request to quash the defense subpoenas.

http://www.legendarymichaeljackson.nl/?p=5528

Yes -- I saw that and thought exactly what you said. He sure did not worry about those patients he cared for sooo much that he was leaving the practice for at least 13 months. I also agree with you re: Medicaid and Medicare and the hospital staff and facilities have to be paid for as well. I recall one guy saying he had insurance so perhaps he just wasn't charged the normal co-payment. I would bet that is all that was meant by "free. I also did not hear any of his patients say they received a 2nd opinion on getting those stents either. Seems to me he had a regular "stent' market going on. This should be investigated too when it goes before the Medical Board to determine whether or not he gets to keep his licenses.

Peckham really should be ashamed of himself for making that statement about Walgren too. To people like us who have followed the trial; we know the deal and the truth; but in a national format -- it was very low on his part to make such a statement.

[/B]

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks Oxman is sleazy. All through this trial and immediately following MJ's death, I got the feeling Oxman loved being in the limelight to talk about His experiences with MJ. He always looked so smug and delighted to be spotlighed to comment on these entertainment/news shows. I reached a point that when he spoke, I mentally tuned him out. Gives me the creeps.
just my O

Yes -- Mesereau got wise to him early on and kicked him off the defense team during MJ's molestation trial as well as Raymone Bain too.

Geez. Cannot sleep again ....... grrr

Anyway have to disagree on the video and rehearsals. The Defense Team actually met with SONY for two weeks to review ALL of the clips from the rehearsals in an attempt to find bad clips to show that he was not in best form. They had boxes of film. They could not find even just ONE. All attorneys agreed that even a "bad" rehearsal was good and wound up not being able to use anything that would show MJ in a bad light. This was discussed in open court in a pre-trial hearing. If he was sick; he was not at rehearsal.

You can read the motions here:

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/cour...onrad+Murray&casenum=SA073164&date=2010-05-04

Jurors in the upcoming trial of Conrad Murray will not see unreleased footage of Michael’s final rehearsals, a judge ruled Monday. The defense had conceded the raw video did not depict the singer as sickly. Lawyers for Murray had reviewed 100 hours of outtakes from the Sony Pictures documentary This Is It for video consistent with their theory that a desperate Michael Jackson accidentally caused his own overdose from a surgical anesthetic.

But in comments to the media last week that he reiterated in court Monday, defense lawyer J. Michael Flanagan said Michael appeared healthy in rehearsals. “Even on his bad days, he’s good,” Flanagan said. He argued that jurors should still see four hours of footage that showed Michael was often absent from practice sessions in the 10 days before his death, but Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor disagreed and granted Sony’s request to quash the defense subpoenas.

http://www.legendarymichaeljackson.nl/?p=5528

Well, how's that for Karma!

You weren't able to sleep, Credence, because (IMO), it meant
that you were to get up and write that post just for my benefit! :)

I had closed up after "This Is It" was over and went to bed.
But I just kept thinking about the editing of the film, as outofstatelawyer
had described it... and that maybe there was a lot of footage not
included in the film, because of how MJ looked or behaved.

I couldn't get it off my mind and kept imagining MJ being in poor health, physically & mentally.
So I had to get up to shake off all that was racing in my mind. ("Move a muscle, change a thought!").

I came back here to see if anyone else was here and saw your post! It was a great read!!
I'm so relieved I did and I'm so grateful that you told (me) all about the attys going through
boxes of film and that they couldn't find anything that showed MJ was suffering in any way.

So now after reading it, I feel much better about MJ during the rehearsals and I know I'll be able to fall asleep now!! :)

Anyway, thank you for that, Credence!! You'll probably be able to get some sleep now, too... knowing that you sure helped me!!! :)

Oh well Dr. Murray will probably get the harshest sentence the law will permit. What a shame. Michael needed some mental help to assist him in his inability to sleep. Fame for him was not easy to handle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner
Back