WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a top secret contest somewhere for the most outrageous missing child story you can come up with? Because there's been some strong contenders in the past month or so...

Seriously - it's almost like the previous case wasn't bizarre enough, the next one has to play topper. Sheesh - this is INSANITY..........

Missed seeing the presser. Why did they say about that Sky didn't have a passport?
LE was asked specifically - probably because both parents immigrated to the States.

Missed seeing the presser. Why did they say about that Sky didn't have a passport?

I think it's important to rule out him being taken out of the country via air transportation.

Is it possible she left her daughter at home watching a movie or sleeping and took Sky to the mediation, leaving him in the car? What were the temps that day? Maybe she thought mediation would only last a short time but, oops. Maybe he did not survive the circumstances of that day.

Or maybe she left mediation in a mad rage and took it out on her son. I can easily see that happening with her problems.

Hey I'm over here in Jefferson County so we only have 1 hospital but picking a Hospital she is comfortable with isn't odd to me- My sister use to have to drive from Kent to Tacoma because of her insurance--

Some people have a twisted sense of logic and it seems this woman is one of them- she has no problem leaving a 2 year old in the car & clearly thinks that saying she did so because he was sick justifies it.

As far as the route she was taking- my mother goes the longest, oddest ways because she doesn't want to turn left. (not kidding)

And my grandmother once went to the wrong Hospital when we thought I had broken my elbow- she called my DR he said he'd meet us but she got so flustered and frantic she actually drove to the wrong place---

Some things just don't surprise me or strike me as all that odd-----But leaving a 2 year old in a car and taking a 4 yr with you is NOT one of those things.

I personally do not believe Mom would forfeit custody of both children in an attempt to protect one. Essentially that is what she has done. There is a very, very high likelihood that unless CPS steps in to bar either parent retaining custody that Dad will be awarded custody of both children. Considering the circumstances I also believe it likely Mom will be forced to supervised visitation if allowed any at all. JMHO

Hey I'm over here in Jefferson County so we only have 1 hospital but picking a Hospital she is comfortable with isn't odd to me- My sister use to have to drive from Kent to Tacoma because of her insurance--

Some people have a twisted sense of logic and it seems this woman is one of them- she has no problem leaving a 2 year old in the car & clearly thinks that saying she did so because he was sick justifies it.

As far as the route she was taking- my mother goes the longest, oddest ways because she doesn't want to turn left. (not kidding)

And my grandmother once went to the wrong Hospital when we thought I had broken my elbow- she called my DR he said he'd meet us but she got so flustered and frantic she actually drove to the wrong place---

Some things just don't surprise me or strike me as all that odd-----But leaving a 2 year old in a car and taking a 4 yr with you is NOT one of those things.

It is starting to look that this child was never in that car to begin with. And she should have known better than to leave him in the car -considering she had gotten in trouble for leaving him in the car previously.

I stink at maps, but now I would like to see a map of the distance between her car and the gas station she walked to, as well as the distance of where her car was and the hospital.

My heart is still wanting to believe she wouldn't harm this child, but my head is telling me differently. I'm trying not to let it creep into my head that it IS a very real possibility she took her anger against dad out on his mini-me. :(

From the looks of her photos she has plenty of relatives she could have arranged to babysit if for whatever reasons there are no babysitting services in her county (and why in the world would there be no babysitting services in her county anyway?)

Surely there are general babysitting services - they were talking upthread about babysitting services at the County Courthouses.
Thank being said, there sure do seem to be plenty of folks around willing to babysit - especially if the option was the kids being left home alone, which is ridiculous, right?

Locals...is there a lake out by Overlake?

cute question-- Not being a Smart *advertiser censored* or anything your post just made me giggle-

But on a serious note this is the Seattle area there is water all around- Lake Washington in one direction and closer to the Hospital is Bellevue Lake (which is pretty much surrounded by buildings- (some of which would have been occupied on a Sunday morning)

I stink at maps, but now I would like to see a map of the distance between her car and the gas station she walked to, as well as the distance of where her car was and the hospital.

My heart is still wanting to believe she wouldn't harm this child, but my head is telling me differently. I'm trying not to let it creep into my head that it IS a very real possibility she took her anger against dad out on his mini-me. :(

Here is the map for this case...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209942082992863047244.0004b128f183551e14a36&msa=0

I personally do not believe Mom would forfeit custody of both children in an attempt to protect one. Essentially that is what she has done. There is a very, very high likelihood that unless CPS steps in to bar either parent retaining custody that Dad will be awarded custody of both children. Considering the circumstances I also believe it likely Mom will be forced to supervised visitation if allowed any at all. JMHO

I absolutely agree. I'll add likely with a court assigned supervisor versus one chosen by the parents.

The presser indicated LE has invited ALL family members are invited to take polygraphs. It will be interesting to see who voluntarily takes one and who does not.

Wow...think of the possibilities of what could happen to a 2yr old being taken care of by a 4 year old for 11 hours. If this is true, I think that poor little boy may not have survived that ordeal. :(

Could be why she felt pressured to agree at the mediation. Just a thought

:banghead: I have to wonder, when/if she left the 4 year old and 2 year old home alone for 11 hours. :furious: Could little 2 year old Sky have ingested something that made him sick and die? Could Mom have been so upset over losing 4 year old too, she thought for several days of a "cover" story? With the outcome of the Tuesday hearing, and leaving the children home, and the calling to go back on the agreement signed, I truly wonder if Sky was alive after Tuesday. :cry:

Could be why she felt pressured to agree at the mediation. Just a thought

"Pressured" after 11 hours?! IF those children were home alone, she should have felt pressured after 1 hour! IMHO

I wonder how far away from her home the mediation took place? There is also drive time to be considered.

I just need to walk away for a bit!! I almost cannot breath! :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Just saying, this not charging the parents with neglect, etc. isn't working in these cases...no one is talking. Maybe the charges need to come sooner, I don't know...

thanks, but this map has me thoroughly lost being a non local.

Has anyone done a map utilizing driving directions and points a.b.c...?

I have no clue where the hospital she claimed to go to is in relation to where she walked and where her car was found from the above map.

tia

When I got directions from the above map it said 1 mile to Overlake hospital from where she was...I don't know how to add to that map though because I didn't make it..The hospital is south from where she broke down..If that helps;)
IT is 0.8 miles to the gas station..

It seems highly probable to me that mom is mental. Seriously. I guess the mediation outcome really drove her over the edge.

:banghead: I have to wonder, when/if she left the 4 year old and 2 year old home alone for 11 hours. :furious: Could little 2 year old Sky have ingested something that made him sick and die? Could Mom have been so upset over losing 4 year old too, she thought for several days of a "cover" story? With the outcome of the Tuesday hearing, and leaving the children home, and the calling to go back on the agreement signed, I truly wonder if Sky was alive after Tuesday. :cry:

I didn't hear it confirmed they were left alone for the mediation...but I was trying to type and listen so I dunno. An accident is always possible but again she risks losing custody anyway because of the story she has come up with. It's neglect and child endangerment at the least which is already a pattern in this case known to the court. There is almost no way she will be allowed to retain custody now, kwim?

Either she forfeited custody to dad if he is deemed capable by the court or CPS places the child(ren) elsewhere. IMO she is out of the equation for custody altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa