WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mother said she went to the farther, out of the way hospital because she was more comfortable with that hospital.
It is a possibility is that someone has Sky and is not cooperating.
They have had to broaden both the area around the mother's apartment in Remond as well as the time frame since nobody has seemed to see Sky in the two weeks since Sunday.

I've done that in some cases, and Overlake's a good hospital, but I'm not buying her story just the same. Namely because she passed the 405 interchange (where there is gas right there and where the hospital is), continued on 520 toward the floating bridge, got off and backtracked down 112th, based on what was said.

I'm flabbergasted no one has come forward and said they babysat the kids for the 11 hours of mediation.

Seriously, the one time I couldn't find a sitter for a child support hearing I took my son to the baby sitting service AVAILABLE AT THE COURTHOUSE. Yes, they DO provide those at the courthouse.

Any words I have for the mother would get me timed out or banned.... I hope she breaks under interrogation and fesses up what she did to and with Sky. :furious:

Our courthouse does not have babysitting. They have huge signs up everywhere that you are NOT to bring children to the courthouse unless the judge has specifically asked them to be there. I think babysitting services are such a good idea, but she may not have had access in her county. (Which is NO excuse!!)

Why does mom have 140 pics of her daughter and none of her son on FB? Asks a reporter.

This freaks me out. I know someone who has done this.
She has a 2 year old son... and the only pictures of him are from his birth.
Her older daughter... there are pictures from Halloween, 4th of July, Easter... etc. Even after the little boy was born.
But the little boy?? You would think he died at birth. (He didn't.)

This case makes me a bit sick... and I certainly hope I don't end up personally involved in a very similar case.

Locals...is there a lake out by Overlake?

You know how sometimes there are little pieces of truth inside a lie...so maybe the last time she saw him he really was "sick" and needed to get to an ER. MOO.

I just cannot believe that there were reports that the mother left a 4-year old and a 2-year old at home for the 11 hour mediation. Wouldn't her lawyer be concerned about the children? What about the relatives we see in the pictures on flickr. Seems like that information should have been known while mediating. Anything could have happened if she routinely left the children home alone for long periods of time. Maybe that is why nobody sees them, because she just leaves them at home whenever she leaves. This case is so bizarre and sad.

Our courthouse does not have babysitting. They have huge signs up everywhere that you are NOT to bring children to the courthouse unless the judge has specifically asked them to be there. I think babysitting services are such a good idea, but she may not have had access in her county. (Which is NO excuse!!)

King County divorces are either in Kent or Downtown Seattle, neither have any child care.

Methinks if she can't afford a babysitter, perhaps she shouldn't be living in the posh building. It's snarky and catty I know, but seriously, I'm disgusted.:furious:

She may be a REALLY good liar. If so, it might be way too hard to break her.

True. I'm hoping her desire for at least (supervised) visitation with her daughter makes her crack, because it's seriously 'over' for mom whether Sky was harmed or not.

I am puking here in michigan. seriously...

this is just so tragically sad... I hope her computer, phone, etc etc etc has been taken and examined.

so now it is not just a baby left in the car but a sick baby.. and we are supposed to think he got out of the carseat.

Mental illness is a tragedy.

I have learned the hard traumatic way to not make assumptions based on just one person's depiction of an event.

When his disappearance was first announced, his father was quickly skewered. After what I have experienced myself, this ripped a hole in my heart.

It was reported that the mother claimed her ex beat her because she let their baby "oversleep".

I thought back to our own tragic year on high alert and to this situation, one of many:

Dad comes home after working all day, finds baby in bed in same diaper as when he left 9 hours ago and no evidence of any bottle feeding (after physician ordered breastfeeding discontinued cause could not trust mother due to non evidence available to confirm feeding). Father immediately changes diaper and starts a bottle warming. Mother complains about the warming of bottle because in her mind warming the bottle is not necessary and dad is giving baby too much attention. Dad reminds mom that the pediatrician said bottles must be warmed and they had also discussed it with her psychiatrist. Father works hard to keep his cool, speaking calmly to mother. Mother screams that she knows what's best for HER baby, SHE's the mom. Father says it's going to be alright, have a nice cup of tea and relax. Mom grabs baby out of crib and runs through the house stomping hard on wooden floors and screaming "I'm the mom, I'm the mom" (shaken baby syndrome), completely out of control. Father, amazingly calm but quick, gets moms mental attention by firmly putting hands on each shoulder and then says "give me the baby honey, its going to be ok". Mother then flips baby UPSIDE DOWN, dangling baby and stomping while singing a nursery rhyme, head flapping wildly. Father, to save baby's life, presses mom to sofa and holds her while yelling at me to take the baby. I do. I feed baby while mother and father go into bathroom for privacy and have long discussion about why she is not taking her medication.

I can EASILY see how this could be MISINTERPRETED by a mentally ill or personality disordered as " the baby overslept and he got physically violent with me over it". In fact, that kind of thing WAS said many times in that year.

Shortly after, the psychiatrists recommended she be involuntarily committed.

When I read the version of events as Skye's mom had portrayed them, I definitely had flashbacks.

I am puking here in michigan. seriously...

this is just so tragically sad... I hope her computer, phone, etc etc etc has been taken and examined.

so now it is not just a baby left in the car but a sick baby.. and we are supposed to think he got out of the carseat.

And WHO does not take their phone while driving to a HOSPITAL with a SICK baby and a four-year-old??? Please.

She wouldn't have needed any babysitting services in her country since she came here as a child.

I've done that in some cases, and Overlake's a good hospital, but I'm not buying her story just the same. Namely because she passed the 405 interchange (where there is gas right there and where the hospital is), continued on 520 toward the floating bridge, got off and backtracked down 112th, based on what was said.

I'm not from Bellevue but have had to go down there a lot, kids dentist is there and I have had to go to Overlake for 2 sleep studies. The first time I went to Overlake I did just that, I passed it and had to backtrack. If I had to choose a hospital for my kids and there was no rush I would go to Children's. Bellevue confuses me but there should be no reason it did her since she grew up there...

My question would be why did she not just take him and walk to the hospital, it looks to be almost the same distance to the gas station?

There are several WDOT traffic camera's, are those taped? Could they go back and check to see if she was on one of the highways?

MOO

Respectfully, their ethnicity and countries of origin came up in the discussion as a possible theory that the child was scooted off to live with family in another country. No stone left unturned kind of thing. Sadly it is a factor which, imo, must be considered until ruled out by LE.

all jmo

Absolutely...IMO. That's why I brought it up to start with. If you are familiar with the customs of particular countries, they do not view things the same way others do. Nothing wrong with it, just the way it is. And until it's ruled out, you are correct, it may play a very big part. I agree, I would love to hear from her family. However, again, they are Russian and I don't believe they will be speaking out.
I don't believe at this time any harm has come to this child. I believe he is safe in another country, probably under a fake passport. All of this is MOO. Thanks.

Missed seeing the presser. Why did they say about that Sky didn't have a passport?

County. She said maybe there were not babysitting services in their County. I read "Country" first, too :)

From the looks of her photos she has plenty of relatives she could have arranged to babysit if for whatever reasons there are no babysitting services in her county (and why in the world would there be no babysitting services in her county anyway?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993