Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Fair enough, and I'm not saying it didn't happen that way, but a number of people (myself included) think it's a helluva coincidence that Sandusky retires from coaching anywhere (I mean, so, OK, he found out he wasn't going to get his dream head coaching job at PSU, but to retire from coaching altogether?) the year after he came within a hair's-breadth of being charged with child sexual abuse. And that Paterno knew nothing about any of this, just accepted it on its face that 'my long-time friend and top assistant is getting out of football because he found out I'm not retiring/he's not my successor'. Not impossible, but it stretches my credulity, anyway.
I think he left one big goal (to be Penn State's coach) for another big goal
(have 24/7 to groom little boys for sex - his charity organization). It takes a lot of grooming or fear to get little boys to trust you and/or not tattle on you. Fear would not work in his charity. He had to groom to build trust.

I think this is fitting:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Agree, agree, agree.

I wonder, of all the people who are now saying what Joe Paterno "should've" done...how many would really go beyond their legal obligations to protect another person? I'm just saying, I hope that this case makes people think more about speaking up when they see, hear about, or suspect abuse, and not just of kids.

Paterno likely won't experience his "punishment". Death rates are significantly elevated during the first, fourth, and fifth years after retirement.

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
If I told you Pennsylvania authorities released Sandusky w/ out asking him to put up one thin dime in bail, would you believe me?
9 minutes ago

Sandusky's bail for 40 counts of child rape was already a laughably low $100,000. Of which he paid authorities in State College exactly zero
4 minutes ago

Understandable though, it's not like Sandusky's house is literally 1,000 feet from an elementary school ... WAIT http://bit.ly/uBM4jC
1 minute ago

http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS

BBM Please tell me his house is not right by a school. :maddening:

---
In 1998, a boy who was 12 at the time told police that Sandusky had showered with him in the Penn State football locker room during a tour. The boy claimed Sandusky assaulted him during the shower.

During our own investigation, years later, the mother told us that she had been specifically instructed by state police not to speak with reporters.

No charges were filed against Sandusky in 1998. With the mother cowed into silence, the incident remained buried.
---

more here: Penn State child sex-abuse scandal: When we had the facts, we ran the story (pennlive.com)

Sandusky started his foundation in 1977-I can not even fathom how many more victims are out there..he and all
the people who covered up these crimes-have ruined many many lives! I hope they all go to jail!!
Pray for all the victims!!

I have to wonder what really happened to Ray Gricar. It could be a suicide, since his older brother, Roy, committed suicide in 1996. Suicide can run in families. Another possibility, someone may have killed him. Or he could of just disappeared and go under a different name.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar"]Ray Gricar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Ron Pavlechko coached McQueary at State College High, a Class AAAA school that has sent a number of players to Penn State over the years, including sons of Penn State coaches. Mr. McQueary is two years older than Jon Sandusky, the son of Jerry Sandusky; the two were teammates in high school and at Penn State. Jon Sandusky is the director of player personnel for the Cleveland Browns, but took a leave of absence from that job Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11313/1188543-298.stm#ixzz1dN0nbr44

I keep wondering if a Dr. was ever involved because I bet some of these little boys were hurt and needed treatment.

Knowing Mike and knowing him as a quarterback, he always tried to make the right read, to do the right thing," Mr. Pavlechko said. "For a while there [before getting into coaching], he did an internship in the medical field. Mike was given the charge of driving me from the doctor's office to Mount Nittany Medical Center after I had a heart attack.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11313/1188543-298.stm#ixzz1dN1AHejA

His old coach is so worried, worried about Mike and his well being.

"Knowing the concern that he had for me there and how he handled that situation, I'm saddened that he's caught up in this. I'm saddened for all of the individuals who are caught up in this. But in particular, I'm concerned for Mike. Mike has always been a classy person. This has been such a tumultuous event, I'm concerned for his well-being. I feel for him."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11313/1188543-298.stm#ixzz1dN1clk6Q

I wonder what Mr. McQueary would do if he saw someone raping his daughter? Call his daddy?

I have to wonder what really happened to Ray Gricar. It could be a suicide, since his older brother, Roy, committed suicide in 1996. Suicide can run in families. Another possibility, someone may have killed him. Or he could of just disappeared and go under a different name.

Ray Gricar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wonder if he wanted to prosecute Sandusky back then but was blackmailed or somehow threatened into not prosecuting Sandusky and he just couldn't deal with it?

I wonder what Mr. McQueary would do if he saw someone raping his daughter? Call his daddy?
Exactly.

I find his behavior to be unforgivable. After reading the articles you just posted it makes more sense to me why he did what he didn't do. He basically has been a Penn Stater all his life. Brainwashed. Football, football, football.

A cowardly 28 year old calls Daddy. A day later Daddy takes the cowardly tike to meet with The God of Penn State not at his office, but at his home. Hmmm.

The next day God calls his boss the AD not to his office, but to his home to "fulfill" his legal obligation to report something happening in the showers.

The whole thing is sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members