***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

Jeff Ashton puts all the responsibility for this result on CA's head for cooperating with the DT - that her cooperation was necessary for this verdict.

LG I'm not sure even if CA hadn't assisted the DT as much as she did that it would have changed the outcome of this verdict. This jury wasn't going to convict, period. I'm glad this jury didn't sit on the Scott Peterson case. There was far less evidence in that case than there was in this one. There was literally a mountain of evidence against Casey.

And I always wonder if(BIG IF) without DP, CA, GA or LA might have been more cooperative with PT. If only one of those three would have been more truthful and providing the State with an even more stronger case. As to the brain dead jury, probably no change with or without DP if all other factors/evidence remained the same.

They were covering for her before she was charged with murder.

IMO

Jeff Ashton puts all the responsibility for this result on CA's head for cooperating with the DT - that her cooperation was necessary for this verdict.

Bring on the rocks and tar paper, but..

No, I really don't think so. Ashton clearly struggles with GA and CA and their role throughout his book. He is blunt that GA didn't help himself or the case on the stand, and that Lee's reversals didn't help either.

He is equally blunt that it would helped as to MOTIVE (and motive alone) had CA been willing to own up to her real relationship with OCA, and to OCA's gross limitations as a parent.

What he says more loudly than anything else though, IMO, is that nothing CA or GA did or did not do made the difference.

Blame for the verdict lies squarely on the jury, no one else or nothing else.

Related. There isn't a single Ant to defend or to like or to feel anything but contempt for. As clear cut as it is that Caylee was an innocent victim who anyone with a heart feels absolute pity for though, no other Anthony but Casey Marie Anthony is responsible for her death.

Casey Marie Anthony decided to kill Caylee, Casey Marie Anthony-by herself- actually killed her, and Casey Marie Anthony watched movies, had sex, and went to sleep peacefully a few hours later, her dead baby daughter rotting in the trunk of her car in the parking lot.

On my part, my pity is directed to Caylee and only Caylee, my rage focuses on Casey Marie Anthony, and Casey Marie Anthony alone, and my utter contempt is reserved solely for a jury who cared more about what movie they watched than for figuring out who murdered a helpless child.

Just downloaded my copy onto my Kindle... I'm SOOOOOO excited!!!

Scary, indeed. :nono:

What's next? Asking Bernie Madoff to head up the PhD program at Harvard Business School??

While this isn't mentioned in Jeff's book - Bill S. did cover it on his video discussion of Jeff's book. He said the defense isn't about truth, it's all a game - all about winning...nothing else.

Yep, brilliant observation by JA and I think that is where timer 55 connects.

I know I'm going to sound really dumb but where does this connect being that a month is 30-31 days. Where does the other 24-25 days fit in to Timer 55 TIA

GA knew exactly how evil his daughter was the the minute he found out she duct taped and suffocated Caylee to death. GA had plenty of time to be Caylee's hero by simply telling the truth, he did not. Caylee is the victim. GA is not.

I am looking at the bigger picture. GA lied for years for Caylee’s killer. He knew the rare Henkel duct tape was his. He knew Caylee died a heinous tortuous death and was thrown out like garbage. What did he do? He lied, he made money off of her death (CA/GA sold pictures too), he blamed innocent people, he (along with his family) set up three foundations…total scam, and he turned his back on Caylee to support her killer.

George defended FCA at Caylee’s funeral, asking people to write letters of support to her after he knew exactly what FCA did to Caylee. GA did not let a little thing like murder, duct tape, swamp, dump, torture, or scavengers stop him from supporting FCA. GA knew FCA drove around with Caylee’s corpse in that car like it was just a piece of trash to be dumped at her convenience.

GA sat side by side with Cindy during all those interviews lying over and over and over again. The smell of death became pizza (ops no pizza) so the smell of death turned into garbage. I could go on but GA told his share of lies. He continued to put money in that monster’s commissary account for years after knowing what happened to Caylee in her last moments on earth and the desecration of her body after death.

GA was downright rude and combative during the Morgan deposition. There was no outrage from GA when FCA falsely accused ZG. He refused to admit FCA did not contribute anything toward basic items such as food, clothing, etc. Considering Caylee’s life was snuffed out by FCA, it seemed like such a trivial and ridiculous thing to argue about, everyone knew FCA hadn’t worked in years. The same combative GA showed himself at FCA’s trial too, arguing over duct tape.

GA already knew FCA told detailed lies about LA (George’s own son) molesting her in the jailhouse letters. FCA hinted that GA was a molester too. Molestation accusations were not new and it wasn’t a stretch for FCA to say he molested or even killed Caylee. After all, she killed her own child and didn't miss a beat with her party life.

So, after all these years, what really upset him the most? What finally made him stop supporting FCA---she accused him. It was a disgusting lie but Caylee is the victim. GA is not. FCA will have another child and that child will pay too---thanks in part to GA.

I will never give that jury a pass because they had enough to serve up the DP but GA and CA’s lies directly contributed to that verdict.

IMO

:seeya: Jon, you 100% nailed it in this wonderful post. If I was a newspaper editor, I'd print this along with so many other wonderful posts here right on the front page. Many kudos! You have said what I try to but get clouded over by emotion and anger. Just.....THANK YOU!

No, I really don't think so. Ashton clearly struggles with GA and CA and their role throughout his book. He is blunt that GA didn't help himself or the case on the stand, and that Lee's reversals didn't help either.

He is equally blunt that it would helped as to MOTIVE (and motive alone) had CA been willing to own up to her real relationship with OCA, and to OCA's gross limitations as a parent.

What he says more loudly than anything else though, IMO, is that nothing CA or GA did or did not do made the difference.

Related. There isn't a single Ant to defend or to like or to feel anything but contempt for. As clear cut as it is that Caylee was an innocent victim who anyone with a heart feels absolute pity for though, no other Anthony but Casey Marie Anthony is responsible for her death.

Casey Marie Anthony decided to kill Caylee, Casey Marie Anthony-by herself- actually killed her, and Casey Marie Anthony watched movies, had sex, and went to sleep peacefully a few hours later, her dead baby daughter rotting in the trunk of her car in the parking lot.

On my part, my pity is directed to Caylee and only Caylee, my rage focuses on Casey Marie Anthony, and Casey Marie Anthony alone, and my utter contempt is reserved solely for a jury who cared more about what movie they watched than for figuring out who murdered a helpless child.

It's Ironic: both the Jury and the guilty party put their choice in movies above Caylee and Caylee's life.

I completely agree. That's why this book gives me peace. JA plainly indicates only two things could have changed the course of this case, a jury that actually cared and Cindy choosing her granddaughter over Casey.

However, rest assured my fellow WS'ers- Both the jury that apparently didn't seem to give a rat's *advertiser censored* and Cindy will have to look at themselves in the mirror every single day for the rest of their days. And if that doesn't get to them then Karma will.

But in terms of Casey Anthony I have no faith that Karma will ever reach her in this life. If Casey hasn't met Karma yet considering all the horrendous things she has done in her relatively short life than I doubt Karma will ever be fast enough to catch up with her. But I am comforted by the fact that Casey Anthony will one day have to meet a higher power that will certainly care more than the Pineallas 12 and what she did to His sweet angel.

I remember when OJ was found not guilty I felt the same thing - how can someone just get away with murder and go on to live their life? Where is the universal justice? But now he's sitting in prison for life. Karma was a long time in coming to him, but it finally caught him. So don't lose faith, we might just have to wait a while.

Dr. Phil show about to start here with Jeff Ashton. The teasers before the show are showing Jeff Ashton really fired up as he is talking to Dr. Phil.

He probably left the grief lady out because he didn't want his book relegated to the comic section in the bookstores.

LMAO :floorlaugh: I felt cheated though! I was dying to see what he'd say about miss "I have been peer reviewed by parents magazine" herself!

I thought he might mention the thing...about the mom with the dead child who didnt want him alone in the rain....that anecdote right there, compared with what OCA did of duct taping her baby and tossing her out like trash, along with the rest of the evidence shoulda been the rope that hung OCA....I swear...the jurors....I hope they never say another word in public again because I will never ever understand. what's more I do not WANT to understand, I fear I would have to donate my brain to the TN body farm in order to even begin to get it.

Cindy has completely enabled the Defense team. If things weren't bad enough this makes even more atrocious. Jeff Ashton's version based on the trial of the century will be truest to form and the only book or movie that should be published, IMO. Jeff Ashton was the only true advocate for Caylee and his voice will be heard.

bbm not the only one, dear. there was frank george, linda drane burdick, yuri melich, all of the people who spent hours and hours on their knees in bad weather in a trash filled swampy area sifted through the dirt for days on end looking for pieces of caylee marie anthony....on and on, so many people were advocating for caylee, but the tragedy of her tiny life is that of this list not a single family member is on it. (although I would include shirley & rick pleasea in my list, I believe if anything they could say could have been admitted they would have never buckled under for OCA or CA over caylee)

I remember when OJ was found not guilty I felt the same thing - how can someone just get away with murder and go on to live their life? Where is the universal justice? But now he's sitting in prison for life. Karma was a long time in coming to him, but it finally caught him. So don't lose faith, we might just have to wait a while.

And you know what I don't even have to see Karma at work with Casey Anthony like we have with OJ. I don't actually have to see it. I'm satisfied that a higher power will deal with her when her life is finished here. Life here is fleeting, so enjoy every minute Casey, murder at will, cheat, steal, lie, have sex, and party until your heart is content (because clearly only that makes you happy). She'll get what at the very most here on Earth a 100 years (if she's lucky which with her luck I'm sure she will) but eternity now eternity is forever. So stick that in your pipe Casey. You got away with murder and so much more now, but one day your time will be up. And guess what Casey God isn't the Pineallas 12.

That's enough for me. I can be at peace with knowing that.

When JA is speaking of Casey telling Dr's these things, are we talking about the ordered evaluations that the 1st judge ordered at the very beginning of this case? If so, were these things said by Casey in the very beginning? I'm confused.

no, these were not the first psych evals! those, ahston said, were only noteworthy because one of the doctors said that OCA was "unusually happy" given her situation.

these other things are the things said closer to trial, one dr, dr danziger, did do one of the original psych evals but now OCA had her new tale to tell.

My apologies Hope4More - you are right - I listened to Bill Schaeffer this morning and have huge admiration for him and his "logical" mind. I think I've confused the opinions of the two of them and I apologize.

BBM - you've said it all right there...the whole truth.

bbm not the only one, dear. there was frank george, linda drane burdick, yuri melich, all of the people who spent hours and hours on their knees in bad weather in a trash filled swampy area sifted through the dirt for days on end looking for peices of caylee marie anthony....on and on, so many people were advocating for caylee, but the tragedy of her tiny life is that of this list not a single family member is on it. (although I would include shirley & rick pleasea in my list, I believe if anything they could say could have been admitted they would have never buckled under for OCA or CA over caylee)

And don't forget Dr. G. - we could see her broken heart when she was on the stand - and she will do a show (for) about Caylee's evidence....

Having a hard time finding the astrology thread. Is it called something else?

Sorry yes, it's called Caylee Anthony Forensic Astrology Thread #1 there are about 17 threads maybe more but I'm referring to the first thread and its about 25 pages. You can go to advanced search and put in forensic astrology caylee anthony and than search for the 1st one.

Jeff Ashton, page 316:

"However, even with these shortcomings (has just specifically cited CA choosing OCA over Caylee and MORE), we had an incredibly strong case. "

(...) It is possible to see why the jury might have disagreed with the (charge of 1st degree murder). What I find baffling is that they ..did not see th"e proof enough to convict her of a lesser murder charge or even manslaughter.....

pg 318. "This jury needed someone to tell them exactly how Caylee died."

pg 318: "Ten of these 12 jurors felt that ninety minutes of deliberation was sufficient.."

pg 318: "This jury was not willing to do that (apply common sense), so in a sense we lost before we started."

Blame needs to go squarely where it belongs.

Dr. Phil show about to start here with Jeff Ashton. The teasers before the show are showing Jeff Ashton really fired up as he is talking to Dr. Phil.

:blushing::blushing: if you guys know of a place to watch this online in the future, please link it for me, I dont have a tv and I do not think I would be able to watch it on tv over here anyways :hug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back