Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silence from DS is telling. :(
I am glad someone else brought this up. Try to find anything or any photo on Sarge. Although there were dozens of fundraisers for Second Mile and party pics galore on the fundraiser sites, there is only ONE photo of Sarge. Where was she while all the Second Mile fundraisers and golf tournaments were occurring? Was she “the martyr” and ashamed of her husband’s behavior, so she put herself into isolation or drank heavily to “isolate” herself? Was she the rescuer who covered up his crimes, but then she refused to attend the fundraisers for the charity that he started because of anger and resentment?

Okay Guys - don't let your anger and frustration get the better of you. We are in this for the kids, so we should be trying our darndest to set good examples for them.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH - this whole case makes me so MAD!!!!!

Salem

:seeya: peeps!

I know that this case stirs up our righteous anger and indignation... but pleeeeease remember our TOS, and before you hit that "Post Quick Reply" button, check your posts for name-calling and other TOS violations. Sometimes I find it very therapeutic to type it all out, read it back to myself, and then just hit that "back" button and start fresh.

We can discuss this rationally and we can vent our outrage, responsibly and within TOS.

:tyou:

(And btw Salem, I owe you a Coke. :blushing:)

Allrite....I took em down....

StoleMyFish-1.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I am glad someone else brought this up. Try to find anything or any photo on Sarge. Although there were dozens of fundraisers for Second Mile and party pics galore on the fundraiser sites, there is only ONE photo of Sarge. Where was she while all the Second Mile fundraisers and golf tournaments were occurring? Was she “the martyr” and ashamed of her husband’s behavior, so she put herself into isolation or drank heavily to “isolate” herself? Was she the rescuer who covered up his crimes, but then she refused to attend the fundraisers for the charity that he started because of anger and resentment?

I've only found one pic of her, too. Very odd. I would love to hear from their friends (couple friends they went to dinner with, raised their children with). But I doubt any will come forward now.

Looks like you NAILED this one Pensfan!

From the new GJR:

PSUSauna8-1.jpg

Great perception and analysis.

That certainly is not the worse thing JS did to that child, but it made me sick to read that...he couldn't even let the boy enjoy swimming without spoiling it with his filthy hands!

That certainly is not the worse thing JS did to that child, but it made me sick to read that...he couldn't even let the boy enjoy swimming without spoiling it with his filthy hands!

I agree it's not the worst, but I thought it was very insightful that Pensfan had pretty much described exactly what this Victim testified to.

OMG. He only got 18 months in prison and given the maximum of 12 years supervised release. Maybe his crimes were less serious and not 7 counts of involuntary deviant sexual intercourse.

I think the dude in the article was only busted for the NAMBLA connection. I don't think they actually caught him or had evidence of him doing anything physical? Not sure, but that's the way I read it.

Not saying at all that his NAMBLA connection was less serious, but in the eyes of the law, I think the charges and penalties would be less :furious: In reality, the charges and penalities should be MORE.

Salem

I think the dude in the article was only busted for the NAMBLA connection. I don't think they actually caught him or had evidence of him doing anything physical? Not sure, but that's the way I read it.

Not saying at all that his NAMBLA connection was less serious, but in the eyes of the law, I think the charges and penalties would be less :furious: In reality, the charges and penalities should be MORE.

Salem
I just looked him up and he was also caught in an sex sting with underage boys. They were headed to Mexico to have sex with boys.....18 months in prison....unbelievable.
http://www.10news.com/news/4197131/detail.html

I'd like to see "Dr Phil" get HER on his show. I'd watch that one!

I don't know about Penn. but in California, there is no Spousal Privilege in matters of child abuse/sex abuse.

Salem

Thanks for mentioning that Salem! I located the PA statutes and according to the part I bolded, she will not be able to invoke her 'spousal privilege' in this case.

I wonder now if Dottie is going to eventually have to hire her own lawyer if she hasn't already. Even though it appears she won't have 'spousal privilege' on her side, realistically she could just play dumb, lie, deny, what ever if, and likely when, she gets questioned/deposed. I guess it all depends on her conscience and how far she's willing to go to protect and cover up for her husband.

Pennsylvania Statutes

§ 5913. Spouses as witnesses against each other. Except as otherwise provided in this subchapter, in a criminal proceeding a person shall have the privilege, which he or she may waive, not to testify against his or her then lawful spouse except that there shall be no such privilege:
(1) in proceedings for desertion and maintenance;
(2) in any criminal proceeding against either for bodily injury or violence attempted, done or threatened upon the other, or upon the minor children of said husband and wife, or the minor children of either of them, or any minor child in their care or custody, or in the care or custody of either of them;
(3) applicable to proof of the fact of marriage, in support of a criminal charge of bigamy alleged to have been committed by or with the other; or
(4) in any criminal proceeding in which one of the charges pending against the defendant includes murder, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse or rape.

The abuse of Victim 9 allegedly took place two years after he was banned(?) from bringing children to the campus by the Penn State admins.

Personally, I think this isn't going to trial. Eventually, even Amendola will realize this thing is a tidal wave and that he's overmatched.

I went back to correct this post and found something kind of interesting.

Of the ten victims described in the Grand Jury docs, only Victims 1 and 9 were allegedly assaulted after the 2002 "banning". The documents state that Sandusky took them to Penn State games, but any recounting of abuse had the episodes taking place at his house or the hotel.
The accuser from Tuesday Dec. 6 (Shultz' client) alleges a single incident of abuse on Penn State property.
So as of today, it seems as though Sandusky was actually attempting to keep a low profile by adhering to the ban. Even the victimization of #9 (the most recent) looks more covert than the others...

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
I was told by Penn St athletic dept official tonight that Joe Paterno's health is in rapid decline.
10 minutes ago

Penn St. source said, "Joe is a lot closer to dying soon than the public is aware. It is very bad."
7 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS
SbB has been a very reliable reporting source about PSU issues.

Darlene Ellison weighs in on how Dorothy Sandusky may have been duped.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/26/how-dorothy-sandusky-could-have-been-deceived.html

No mention of young boys kept in her basement.
Yep. Darlene's pedophile husband wasn't raping and molesting little boys anywhere near her home and the first time Darlene's husband was busted, he was sent to jail. The first TWO times Sandusky's rapes/molestations were investigated/discovered, he wasn't sent to jail, but continued to live with Sarge. Sandusky had to explain to Sarge why the police were investigating him in 1998, so she had evidence for years. Darlene's excuse of "not knowing" is not an excuse that Sarge will ever be able to effectively use. Phew.

I went back to correct this post and found something kind of interesting.

Of the ten victims described in the Grand Jury docs, only Victims 1 and 9 were allegedly assaulted after the 2002 "banning". The documents state that Sandusky took them to Penn State games, but any recounting of abuse had the episodes taking place at his house or the hotel.
The accuser from Tuesday Dec. 6 (Shultz' client) alleges a single incident of abuse on Penn State property.
So as of today, it seems as though Sandusky was actually attempting to keep a low profile by adhering to the ban. Even the victimization of #9 (the most recent) looks more covert than the others...
.......and that is likely why Sandusky had to resort to giving this victim alcohol. Sandusky had lost some of his "tools" that he had previously used to groom his victims. He could no longer dazzle the young boys by hanging out in the weight rooms with the football players.

Quote:
I was told by Penn St athletic dept official tonight that Joe Paterno's health is in rapid decline.
10 minutes ago

Penn St. source said, "Joe is a lot closer to dying soon than the public is aware. It is very bad."
7 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS
SbB has been a very reliable reporting source about PSU issues.
Depression has been shown to negatively affect the growth rate of cancer patients' tumors and increase the rate of metastasis.

Here is less depressing news:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/lab_at_hershey_medical_center.html

from SbB's short article incorporating tweets above:
---
Today the Penn State Athletic Department source told SbB that Paterno is continuing to get daily cancer treatments but that, “it (cancer) is much worse than the family has let on.”

The source added that those close to Paterno fear, “this may be his last Christmas.”
---
http://bit.ly/twyQug

.......and that is likely why Sandusky had to resort to giving this victim alcohol. Sandusky had lost some of his "tools" that he had previously used to groom his victims. He could no longer dazzle the young boys by hanging out in the weight rooms with the football players.

Depression has been shown to negatively affect the growth rate of cancer patients' tumors and increase the rate of metastasis.

Here is less depressing news:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/lab_at_hershey_medical_center.html

Shame and guilt can do the same thing I bet.

Shame and guilt can do the same thing I bet.

Not too sure about his suffering from shame or guilt, but keep in mind that close to 40% of this 9 year period between 2002 and 2011 was spent under investigation.

I would imagine that put a little hitch in his giddyup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member