MA MA - Debra Cressotti, 29, Blandford, 30 April 1985

kittycat72, I think she just bears a resemblance to this UID. Height, weight, general look, etc. Even if it's been 26 years, if something happened to her it would be nice to give her her name back and give her loved ones some closure. It may not be her. For all we know, Debra Cresotti may be living happily ever after somewhere. But if it's not her, it's someone else who needs to go home.

Why do you ask? Do you know her?

BTW, Welcome to Websleuths

:welcome:

To answer your question, Debra just appeared recently on the NamUs Missing Person listing, and we noted that she has a lot of similarities to the Jane Doe who is the subject of this thread.

Oh, geez, where are my manners?

Carl beat me to it, but welcome!

It didn't occur to me to ask if you knew Debra. We do get friends and family of the missing in here from time to time, and it's so helpful to those of us who are searching. We hope it's helpful to them also, to know that their loved ones are not forgotten and that there are folks here trying to bring them home.

ETA: There are some General Info and sticky threads that have helpful hints about searching. Or you can always click someone's name and send a private message with a question. People on the UID threads, (and WS in general) are usually pretty happy to help. If you ever need a moderator, their names are in bold. - Irish

yes...I do know her. You said she just appeared recently on the NamUs Missing Person listing do you know why it was recent? She has been missing for a long time.

yes...I do know her. You said she just appeared recently on the NamUs Missing Person listing do you know why it was recent? She has been missing for a long time.

No, I don't know why she was just added recently. But the various law enforcement agencies around the country are slowly becoming aware of the existence of NamUs, and perhaps the Massachusetts State Police decided to go into their cold-case files and put the information in NamUs. I know Minnesota has been adding old cold missing persons cases recently.

Since you know her, is there anything you can add regarding the circumstances of her disappearance? Or any additional info that isn't in the NamUs file? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Just to add to what Carl posted, I notice you use "know" rather than "knew."
Do you know her currently? If she's alive, that's great news. I'd love to know though, because if that's the case, then she can't be our Lake Ponchatrain Jane Doe.

If you do know her now, you can always suggest that she make contact with the authorities and ask them to quietly close her case. If she's just voluntarily left and made a new life for herself that's her choice. Then LE will not keep comparing her to other cases that may come up.

If you knew her in the past sense, and she truly is a missing person who might have met with foul play, then I would love to know if you have any thoughts on where she might have gone...if she ever mentioned wanting to see a certain part of the country or world, or visit a faraway friend, etc.

I'm hoping you know her now, and she's living a full and happy life. Looking at her pictures she was such a beautiful girl, and we don't get too many happy endings down here!

It was I who used the present tense when asking the question. I wouldn't read too much into kittycat72's use of the present tense in response.

Ah, yes, I see that (now that you pointed it out :) )

It's been a long night here...Both my toddler and my teenager are having trouble sleeping. My toddler is stuffy with a cold and wakes herself up coughing. My teenager is texting me from his bedroom (i.e. ten feet away) to say he can't sleep because his thumb hurts. Apparently it hurts too much to sleep, but not too much to text!

So enjoy my overly optimistic post...tomorrow I'm just shooting for minimally coherent :)

Her family has been looking for her and would love to think she is alive and doing well...but unfortunately we don't think that that is the case. Mass State Police are collecting DNA from family.

kittycat, I don't know if that is the result of Carl's inquiry or not. I can imagine it must be difficult, wanting to know, and not wanting it to be true. If LPJD is not Debra we can open a thread here to explore her case further. We'll do what we can to help find her.

Mass State Police are collecting DNA from family.

If something happened to Debra, and she is somewhere, unidentified, I hope that the family DNA will help her loved ones find closure. I am so sorry for what you all must be going through after all this time.

Carl,
Were you the one to tell investigators there could be a possible match to LPJD and Debra? I just wonder if that did cause the authorities to get in contact with the family and do a DNA or if they found something else? Sorry for the questions...

Carl,
Were you the one to tell investigators there could be a possible match to LPJD and Debra? I just wonder if that did cause the authorities to get in contact with the family and do a DNA or if they found something else? Sorry for the questions...

I contacted the LSU Faces Lab in Louisiana back in mid-November regarding the possible match to Debra. They are in charge of the LPJD case. Helen Bouzon at LSU then contacted the Massachusetts State Police to find out if any identifiers (i.e., Dental Records, DNA, or Fingerprints) were available for Debra. They told her that none were available, but they were in the process of getting DNA Family Reference Sample (FRS) kits to the family. So if the family was contacted in late November or after about submitting FRS's, then it is probably related to this.

And BTW, no problem answering questions. I'll be glad to assist in any way I can.

I am pretty sure they asked for dNA before that time...in the summer...July possibly. It is just odd to hear other people talking about this...there are many things about this missing person that are vague and unanswered. Thank you for all your efforts!

I contacted the LSU Faces Lab in Louisiana back in mid-November regarding the possible match to Debra. They are in charge of the LPJD case. Helen Bouzon at LSU then contacted the Massachusetts State Police to find out if any identifiers (i.e., Dental Records, DNA, or Fingerprints) were available for Debra. They told her that none were available, but they were in the process of getting DNA Family Reference Sample (FRS) kits to the family. So if the family was contacted in late November or after about submitting FRS's, then it is probably related to this.

And BTW, no problem answering questions. I'll be glad to assist in any way I can.

Carl,

Has there been any news in regards to Debbie Cressotti? Just an old friend of Deb's, I used to hang out with her back in Blandford. I came across this
website last week and decided to inquire about her.

Carl,

Has there been any news in regards to Debbie Cressotti? Just an old friend of Deb's, I used to hang out with her back in Blandford. I came across this
website last week and decided to inquire about her.

Welcome to Websleuths Qurious:

:welcome:

No, I haven't heard anything. I never contacted the Massachusetts State Police, so I don't know what the status is of the DNA Family Reference Samples, and I doubt that they would tell me anything if I was to call them to inquire.

My contact was with LSU Faces Lab (the organization in charge of the Lake Ponchartrain Jane Doe case), and they said that they would leave it up to MSP to contact them when they had their ducks in a row.

But if you have any information on Debra that would shed light on whether we might be on the right track, it would be greatly appreciated. For example, do you know if she was married? Had facial or nose surgery? Breast implants?

Of course even if none of these things applied to her at the last time that you saw her, they could have occurred after that.

I did a little more research on Debra Cressotti. Apparently, her mother (Lillian A. (Robinson) Gorski) just passed away on April 3, and Debra Cressotti is listed in this obituary as a surviving daughter.

http://obits.masslive.com/obituarie...n-a-gorski-robinson&pid=156926158#fbLoggedOut

It looks like Debra had a son named Nicholas, as Debra is the only child of Lillian's with the surname Cressotti, and that is the surname of Lillian's grandson.

From one of my LE contacts, I obtained her DOB. She was born on 13-Jul-1955, and following that up, I found a Debra Balcom of Blandford MA (Debra Cressotti's listed hometown). Note that Balcom is the surname of her mother's sister (as indicated in the obit). I have no idea of why she she would assume the surname of her maternal aunt, unless Debra's father was married to one sister and fathered Debra via the other sister.

I am reading it differently Carl. while most of the people finder websites get most of the people right most of the time, they sometimes attach dates of birth to the wrong people.

if you look at the obituary carefully, Debra is missing. both of Lillian's sons have locationss listed where they reside. Debra is lacking that. even Lillian's surviving siblings have their towns of residence listed.

so I would say Debra is missing in action and the people finder site just has wrong information on this one.

I am reading it differently Carl. while most of the people finder websites get most of the people right most of the time, they sometimes attach dates of birth to the wrong people.

if you look at the obituary carefully, Debra is missing. both of Lillian's sons have locationss listed where they reside. Debra is lacking that. even Lillian's surviving siblings have their towns of residence listed.

so I would say Debra is missing in action and the people finder site just has wrong information on this one.

My characterization of Debra as a "surviving daughter" was based on the "Lillian leaves behind to cherish her memory ..." wording. Normally, they would use wording such as "she was preceded in death by ...". I wasn't implying that they believe she is alive. My comment about "surviving daughter" was only meant to mean that this is how it is characterized in the obit.

I didn't find any of that info on any of the People Finder sites. I found her maiden name in Ancestry.com by typing her first name and middle initial "Debra A", the DOB 13-Jul-1955, and under "lived in", I entered "Blandford, MA". The name Balcom came up, and I noticed that it was the same last name as her aunt. Blandford is a very small town (Pop: 1,233 in 2010, and probably much less in 1985), and the chances of two persons named "Debra A" with the same DOB who lived in Blandford are pretty remote.

Yep - Debra Balcom is Debra Cressotti. I found this 19-Dec-1988 entry in the Legal Notices section of the Springfield Union. She is described as an "an absentee, whose last known address was in Blandford".

2717112410045078242S600x600Q851_zpsc39e5385.jpg

It appears that Benjamin Cressotti (apparently her husband) put the notice in the paper to collect a fire insurance claim on a property to which Debra was listed as a co-owner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back