CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he doesn't feel welcome here anymore. We might have been a Godsend when he felt we were trying to find the killer of his friend, but then some of us looked at him so maybe he doesn't feel good about posting here.

I wish all the best to the many people who have been affected by this tragedy in one way or another and I hope Kinsmapj. posts again, but I understand if he doesn't...
Going back to the question of what changed, what was different that year from all the other years AG lived alone, I think now the biggest change in thirty odd years, is that AG did not go to LV's for Christmas.

Might that one Xmas spent at home, alone and sick, have inspired AG to contact a long lost or estranged love, friend, family? Or was AG visible for the first time at Xmas, by someone who is only in the area at Xmas?

I also send kind thoughts to PK at this time. This Xmas has to be very difficult for you. You can always return to this site if, as you said, we were a 'Godsend' for you. PK, you've admitted to us that you're a POI. But we're just citizens who desperately want to find justice for your friend AG. If we seem to be judgemental at times, perhaps it's because we're so desperate to find the killer. (Speaking for myself in the last bit to PK).

Now, about AG not going to LV's last year - I'm wondering if LV was alarmed by that. Did LV try to check on AG when AG was at home , alone? I don't mean the soup thing, I mean did LV try to phone AG during the time in which AG and LV would have been together as in previous Xmas gatherings.

Something is still niggling away at me saying that AG's killer had AG held hostage in her own home. I think the killer sent the "Amazing Grace" email. His final act was killing AG.

But - who and where is he? :maddening:

Search for attempted murderer reaches one-year mark

“We do have evidence that is assisting our investigators. We want to make sure the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed,” Leon said, adding the Centre for Forensic Sciences in Toronto is analyzing evidence.

Evidence, combined with public information, helps sustain investigators’ belief her assailant will be brought to justice.

“They are confident they will find the person responsible and criminal charges will be laid,” Leon said.
“We are still very actively involved in the investigation.”
Investigators have also compared evidence from the attack to other violent crimes in the region. The comparison has revealed a connection is unlikely to exist, Leon said, noting Loder’s attack is being investigated as an isolated incident.

“There are reasons for the investigators to believe they aren’t related. I can’t go into specifics or details,” Leon said. “They are not similar, I can say that.”

Although police believe the incident is isolated, Leon said residents must remain vigilant to protect their own safety.
“People need to recognize that you do need to lock your doors and be very cautious and vigilant of your surroundings,” Leon said.
go get him LE !! :great: full article & composite with added detailing: http://www.orangeville.com/news/local/article/1261834--search-for-attempted-murderer-reaches-one-year-mark

I've been saying that all along, that I believe AG's killing was a COPYCAT

Hi all --
I found something online that I find very disturbing, and I'm frankly not sure if I'm properly understanding what I see. I'm hoping it is ok to post this; I found it on a public page and so am simply drawing your attention to material that is available for your own viewing at

http://english2p1.wikispaces.com/

It seems to be a class assignment -- a "wiki" -- an online exercise) that asks students/participants to post a fake Facebook wall speaking about Audrey's murder. Another assignment seems to be an opinion/argument paper on whether "murder is sometimes OK"..... Here's some of the page:

"Welcome to our 2P1 class wiki!

December 12
Once you have completed your BIM and have handed it in for marking log in to www.readingahead.com.

December 8
Last day to complete the library package. It's due today! Once you're done check out prezi.com and sign up for a free account.
December 1
CA Intro activity computer search.doc

*November 17
Once you have handed in your research paragraph, you will work to create a fake Facebook wall for the character that you chose in the Hunger Games: Peeta or Katniss. Using your Facebook update page, create the wall. Be as creative as you like. You must first create an account at www.myfakewall.com

November 14
As you research your paragraph today, you will be working towards the polished paragraph. I have provided a sample here: Sample Research Paragraph.doc
To easily create your work cited page go to www.easybib.com and plug in the information or website that you used for your source.

November 1:
Today we will be working on the peer editing and good copy of our news article. Be sure to have a catchy headline that "sells" your story.
Once you have finished your news report, click here to read the update on the Audrey Gleave case.
Write a blog post that includes the following information from the article:

1.TITLE
2.WHO
3.WHAT
4.WHERE
5.WHEN
6.WHY
7.HOW
8.DOES THIS CHANGE WHAT WE KNEW BEFORE?
9.DID YOU FIND THE NEW INFORMATION INTERESTING? WHY/WHY NOT?

Then, visit Tagxedo.com and create a tagxedo wordle based on the article that you wrote about the Hunger Games.

October 12:
If you have completed your essay you need to finish the story "the most dangerous game". To finish reading it, click here:
http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/danger.html
Complete the question sheet to go with the story.
Once you have completed the story and questions, create a blog post that answers the following questions:
1. What do you think about General Zaroff's game?
2. Would you have been able to survive? Why or why not?
3. Do you think there are people that would play such a game?

October 11:
Your opinion essay is due tomorrow. Please be sure that you have all three drafts ready to hand in along with your outline/brainstorm sheet that was marked. If you have lost the peer editing sheet you can find it in the opinion essay tab on the left side of the page.
*Please check out the tab marked literacy on the left hand side of the page as it will be updated with resources as we go through the semester.

October 3:

Since we did not get to finish our google form from Thursday, we will start fresh today.
1. Complete the Spec Scavenger Hunt but visiting thespec.com and completing the google questionnaire (found below).
2. When you are finished post an answer to one of the following statements below in a 5-10 sentence reply in your blog. This is your own opinion so just write your thoughts/opnions on ONE of the following topics:

1.Parents are the best teachers.
2.Texting has destroyed communication among friends and family.
3.It is better for children to grow up in the country rather than in a big city.
4.Celebrities have a negative effect on society.
5.A teenager is old enough to take care of him/herself.
6.Murder is OK sometimes.
7.A person should protect him/herself at any cost.
8.It is ok to use people for entertainment purposes.

September 29: Exploring our local paper online: the spec scavenger hunt
Click here on the link to our google form and complete the questions while visiting thespec.com.

September 27
1. Finish any work from yesterday.
2. You should now have 4 blog posts in total: 1 news story headline, 1 wordle (all about me), 1 standardized test prep, and 1 on the Audrey Gleave case.
3. If all of your blog work is done, visit chompchomp.com and complete the following two grammar exercises (there, their and they're + two, to, too)
4. Write down the score you got for each one in your grammar exercise mark sheet.
5. Once you are done, comment on two student blogs. To comment mention something specific you liked in one of their blog posts and say why. Also ask a question about something you were unsure of or found interesting.

September 26
1. Find a news story linked to the Audrey Gleave murder investigation.
2. Complete the 5Ws and H chart found here: 5Ws and H.doc
3. Copy and paste the text into your blog along with a link to the story you analyzed.
4. Write a few brief sentences of your thoughts on the case or the information you just read. Did it change your thoughts on the case? What questions are left unanswered for you? ...."

Does it seem weird to ask English students (presumably, if the "course" title is legit) to write on Audrey's case and to create a fake wall? That potentially creates a secondary trauma for students, and is not like anything I've heard of before....

Am I overreacting? I'm going to follow the links (I'm not sure what "hunger Games" is, but I'll be googling)

"The Most Dangerous Game" is a story about a man who hunts (and kills) humans for sport. Maybe some of you have read or know of this text; I didn't. It's a story of justice, I guess, since the bad man has a bad end. It seems to be taught sometimes in highschool and other lit classes. But I still find it really surprising that it would be paired alongside (or maybe it's not fair for me to say "alongside" exactly) an assignment on the murder of Audrey Gleave. I feel disturbed by this.

[video=youtube;uw2v2N-RJVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw2v2N-RJVg[/video]

Dotr, do you think I am overreacting? I'm not sure if I'm being unfair. It seems weird to me to ask students to write a persuasive essay on whether killing is "sometimes ok" in a course with an assignment on an "entertaining" story of murder (that story, the filmic version of which you posted, seems to justify the killing at end). But from my searching I think the teacher is real and the course too, so maybe it's not as sinsiter as I first thought. Anyway. I'd appreciate someone else's judgment since I'm not sure of my own.

Hi all --
I found something online that I find very disturbing, and I'm frankly not sure if I'm properly understanding what I see. I'm hoping it is ok to post this; I found it on a public page and so am simply drawing your attention to material that is available for your own viewing at

http://english2p1.wikispaces.com/

It seems to be a class assignment -- a "wiki" -- an online exercise) that asks students/participants to post a fake Facebook wall speaking about Audrey's murder. Another assignment seems to be an opinion/argument paper on whether "murder is sometimes OK"..... Here's some of the page:

"Welcome to our 2P1 class wiki!

December 12
Once you have completed your BIM and have handed it in for marking log in to www.readingahead.com.

December 8
Last day to complete the library package. It's due today! Once you're done check out prezi.com and sign up for a free account.
December 1
CA Intro activity computer search.doc

*November 17
Once you have handed in your research paragraph, you will work to create a fake Facebook wall for the character that you chose in the Hunger Games: Peeta or Katniss. Using your Facebook update page, create the wall. Be as creative as you like. You must first create an account at www.myfakewall.com

November 14
As you research your paragraph today, you will be working towards the polished paragraph. I have provided a sample here: Sample Research Paragraph.doc
To easily create your work cited page go to www.easybib.com and plug in the information or website that you used for your source.

November 1:
Today we will be working on the peer editing and good copy of our news article. Be sure to have a catchy headline that "sells" your story.
Once you have finished your news report, click here to read the update on the Audrey Gleave case.
Write a blog post that includes the following information from the article:

1.TITLE
2.WHO
3.WHAT
4.WHERE
5.WHEN
6.WHY
7.HOW
8.DOES THIS CHANGE WHAT WE KNEW BEFORE?
9.DID YOU FIND THE NEW INFORMATION INTERESTING? WHY/WHY NOT?

Then, visit Tagxedo.com and create a tagxedo wordle based on the article that you wrote about the Hunger Games.

October 12:
If you have completed your essay you need to finish the story "the most dangerous game". To finish reading it, click here:
http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/danger.html
Complete the question sheet to go with the story.
Once you have completed the story and questions, create a blog post that answers the following questions:
1. What do you think about General Zaroff's game?
2. Would you have been able to survive? Why or why not?
3. Do you think there are people that would play such a game?

October 11:
Your opinion essay is due tomorrow. Please be sure that you have all three drafts ready to hand in along with your outline/brainstorm sheet that was marked. If you have lost the peer editing sheet you can find it in the opinion essay tab on the left side of the page.
*Please check out the tab marked literacy on the left hand side of the page as it will be updated with resources as we go through the semester.

October 3:

Since we did not get to finish our google form from Thursday, we will start fresh today.
1. Complete the Spec Scavenger Hunt but visiting thespec.com and completing the google questionnaire (found below).
2. When you are finished post an answer to one of the following statements below in a 5-10 sentence reply in your blog. This is your own opinion so just write your thoughts/opnions on ONE of the following topics:

1.Parents are the best teachers.
2.Texting has destroyed communication among friends and family.
3.It is better for children to grow up in the country rather than in a big city.
4.Celebrities have a negative effect on society.
5.A teenager is old enough to take care of him/herself.
6.Murder is OK sometimes.
7.A person should protect him/herself at any cost.
8.It is ok to use people for entertainment purposes.

September 29: Exploring our local paper online: the spec scavenger hunt
Click here on the link to our google form and complete the questions while visiting thespec.com.

September 27
1. Finish any work from yesterday.
2. You should now have 4 blog posts in total: 1 news story headline, 1 wordle (all about me), 1 standardized test prep, and 1 on the Audrey Gleave case.
3. If all of your blog work is done, visit chompchomp.com and complete the following two grammar exercises (there, their and they're + two, to, too)
4. Write down the score you got for each one in your grammar exercise mark sheet.
5. Once you are done, comment on two student blogs. To comment mention something specific you liked in one of their blog posts and say why. Also ask a question about something you were unsure of or found interesting.

September 26
1. Find a news story linked to the Audrey Gleave murder investigation.
2. Complete the 5Ws and H chart found here: 5Ws and H.doc
3. Copy and paste the text into your blog along with a link to the story you analyzed.
4. Write a few brief sentences of your thoughts on the case or the information you just read. Did it change your thoughts on the case? What questions are left unanswered for you? ...."

Does it seem weird to ask English students (presumably, if the "course" title is legit) to write on Audrey's case and to create a fake wall? That potentially creates a secondary trauma for students, and is not like anything I've heard of before....

Am I overreacting? I'm going to follow the links (I'm not sure what "hunger Games" is, but I'll be googling)

:eek:hwow:
Thank you 2soccermom :eek:hwow: maybe this should be reported to :cop:

Have just skim-read it, and am with you 2soccermom right now....will be back later when I get some free time to check that out.

Going back to dotr's post of 5 Dec #32 'the killer could strike again' - did they?

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/635097--woman-stable-after-east-end-alley-stabbing

The stabbing was also reported in the Toronto Sun. What's with that? Apparently there were two random stabbings in Hamilton in November as well - Imo, this is not necessarily random - could it be to throw off LE if they were getting close to AG's killer? A good defense lawyer could make mincemeat of any case if anyone was charged in AG's case now - could they not?

It seems like a strange link, but actually sounds like an innovative way to teach ( English as second language class?) about a number of issues like who is the hunter and who is the hunted (as well as how to write a news article).
Hey wait a minute, just remembered AG's parka with the duck decal...

Once again, here is AG's Will.

Attachments

• 2011 11 17 ESTATE DOCUMENTS AUDREY GLEAVE (4).pdf
    204.4 KB · Views: 15
Here is AG's signature from 1973.

Attachments

• AG 1973 Signature.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Here is AG's signature from 1978.

Attachments

• AG 1978 Signature.pdf
    468.1 KB · Views: 9
I find the signatures to be the same, however if Hazel would be so kind as so perform the same magic as before and show the signatures together in one post, everyone interested can have their say.

Dotr, do you think I am overreacting? I'm not sure if I'm being unfair. It seems weird to me to ask students to write a persuasive essay on whether killing is "sometimes ok" in a course with an assignment on an "entertaining" story of murder (that story, the filmic version of which you posted, seems to justify the killing at end). But from my searching I think the teacher is real and the course too, so maybe it's not as sinsiter as I first thought. Anyway. I'd appreciate someone else's judgment since I'm not sure of my own.

Hi, I'm not dotr but I have an opinion here.

I'm a former teacher who now works with young offenders/very troubled youth. In my opinion, you're NOT overreacting regarding your thoughts about using the murder of AG in a school assignment. *I* would never do that (in a 'regular' classroom or in a jail type of learning environment). My reasons are these - AG's murder is too fresh and it's not been solved yet.

Perhaps many, many years down the road, I'd think differently. But not now.

Did that help at all?

It seems like a strange link, but actually sounds like an innovative way to teach ( English as second language class?) about a number of issues like who is the hunter and who is the hunted (as well as how to write a news article).
Hey wait a minute, just remembered AG's parka with the duck decal...

Sorry, need help here - I'm not sure what AG's parka with the duck decal has to do with anything? :doh:

Help....please..... :tyou:

Oh, and I agree - it IS an innovative way to teach. The hunter as the hunted theme is very engaging. (Does the duck decal refer to "hunting" and "hunted"? If so, I get it now!!) :)

Once again, here is AG's Will.

Thanks Woodland for posting these!!!

I have a question... Years ago when I was starting to have a will drawn up my lawyer indicated to me that I should review the first draft of the will and make sure all of the names were correct... I don't remember for sure, but I thought that the names in a legal document had to be the person's legal name. The reason this popped to mind is because in one instance it has the name "Robert William...." and later it has "Robertson William....". I don't think it matters at this point, since LV is alive and able to fulfill the duties. Do you know if legal documents must have the person's legal name?

Going back to dotr's post of 5 Dec #32 'the killer could strike again' - did they?

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/635097--woman-stable-after-east-end-alley-stabbing

The stabbing was also reported in the Toronto Sun. What's with that? Apparently there were two random stabbings in Hamilton in November as well - Imo, this is not necessarily random - could it be to throw off LE if they were getting close to AG's killer? A good defense lawyer could make mincemeat of any case if anyone was charged in AG's case now - could they not?

Pretty interesting, to say the least! Far too many women being victimised in the Hamilton/Toronto area and just north of Ham/Tor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member