Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #3 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully edited.

This Lifetime movie was based on a true story in which a group of high school students planned their simultaneous pregnancies:

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-pregnancy-pact

Thank you, BetteDavisEyes!
Yes, my daughter was very intrigued with the story/movie you referred to because of the activity she found surrounding her.

Additionally, I may have not made it clear, but IMO a woman SHOULD be able to have a child without needing a husband.

However, the females I was referring to were sub 20 years, in some cases. I am not judging them as individuals. But there is quite a difference between a girl who looks at having a child through eyes of fantasy and an adult woman with a stable income, home, maturity, etc.

I am just mentioning this so that I have not offended anyone who has made a decision to have a child without having a husband.:seeya:

I've been home today and watched both the noon and 4:00 news on WDIV. There was no mention of Bianca Jones on either newscast, nor was there any local reporting about the case yesterday that I'm aware of. It seems that Nancy Grace provided the only media coverage (last night's program on HLN).

I think local media is waiting for the big announcement of an arrest/charges filed in the Bianca Jones disappearance while they focus attention on several other high profile cases in Detroit/Wayne County. jmo

Thanks!
This sounds like good news! I will keep my fingers crossed!

I would rather see a stable, mature woman have a child alone as a single mother,than choose to have one with an ex prisoner who has 7 kids with 5 baby mamas. I think a child can have a great father figure by having a loving uncle or grandfather or stepfather step up and be there.

Love above!

A bit off topic but I don't believe it takes a woman to raise a family. Without a stable "father-figure", no "family is complete" IMHO . . . one reason for the lack of respect & sense of entitlement our children have today (again, IMHO). It does take a village to raise a child, but the village should begin at home.

It's NOT okay to have a child just because you can IMHO! I get it, mistakes/accidents/surprises may happen, but the fundamental question is not HAVING the child, but taking care of & support of the child until he can be his own person . . . that's what is lacking today (IMHO). This case is such a great example of women having children with men who could NEVER support their broods unless he was selling drugs. Shame! I just don't understand !

Now I understand there are outliers -- $$$ helps A LOT . . . look at Sharon Stone, Sheryl Crow, Sandra Bullock, etc., who have the ways & means to provide for their families & I'm certain they can afford their own "village".

Thank you to all families & friends supporting their loved ones. I feel for the future of society. :innocent:

"thanks" button wasn't enough!!!

He won't. How far can he get with no money?

Also, I think the family member was mistaken when she said an arrest warrant has been issued. An arrest warrant request has been issued, but as far as we know there has not been a decision made. Unless they are going to keep the decision under wraps until DL is in custody.

jmo

ETA: Not to mention, he's too stupid to get far. He reminds me of that old 80's song. I like 'em big and stupid. I like 'em big and real dumb.....

I met a guy, who drives a truck
He can't tell time but he sure can drive
I asked his name and he had to think
Could I have found the missing link
He's so stupid you know what he said
Well I forgot what he said, 'cause it was so stupid

;)

http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/ilikethe.htm

Omg. Never heard of that song. Well done, Cubby! You just made my day!! :floorlaugh:

I thought he called all those other people because you should alert someone and act concerned when your child has been kidnapped and carjacked but he didn't call LE yet simply because he had some traveling to do to get from the car dumping place to the place where he was carjacked first.

Who all did he call. I thought he went to Banika's house and told her family, then they called other family members. Didn't Kelly Jones say SHE called DLand he was stuttering so much that she hung up and just went over there? I thought DL called only his GF and LE, but I may be mistaken.

I don't think it is ever good news when a missing child/person story is no longer on the news each day...people need to be looking for Bianca constantly, or anything unusual, and need to be reminded to do so. Finding the suspect is only half the battle...if LE would talk to the media dauly, even if only to say the case is moving forward, etc...it would probably get a few sceonds of airtime at least.

I don't think it is ever good news when a missing child/person story is no longer on the news each day...people need to be looking for Bianca constantly, or anything unusual, and need to be reminded to do so. Finding the suspect is only half the battle...if LE would talk to the media dauly, even if only to say the case is moving forward, etc...it would probably get a few sceonds of airtime at least.

I came here this evening expecting some sort of news but sadly there was only a page and a half to read.

That always bothers me. It indicates the lack of media and interest. But I always hold out hope it's the calm before the storm.

Omg. Never heard of that song. Well done, Cubby! You just made my day!! :floorlaugh:

Thanks. DL is the spitting image of what I see for a guy descripted (right word?) in that song.

I came here this evening expecting some sort of news but sadly there was only a page and a half to read.

That always bothers me. It indicates the lack of media and interest. But I always hold out hope it's the calm before the storm.

My problem with LE going silent in these cases is that the person is STILL MISSING. I understand their silence from an investigative point of view, but someone needs to be reminding the community every day, IMO, to look for these people...Sky, Holly, Kyron, Michelle, Aliyah, etc...I know Kaine H. was told at various events that people figured Kyron had been found by now, since they stopped seeing him in the news. JMO And only LE has the power to get the media's attention whenever they want it.

It's the media's job to contact LE and find out if there is anything to report. LE shouldn't have to call or contact them. I would bet that the local t.v. stations and newspaper reporters have called them, but if there is nothing they can tell them, they don't put it out there. They do have other news stories to report on, and all these reporters have bosses who make the decision as to which stories get reported every day.
Look at the major news networks. Fox is all politics and very little else gets their attention. HLN is entertainment, they'd rather report on Lindsay Lohan's newest court hearing or devote 2 hours to the Jerry Sandusky case than to cover these missing kids. I don't watch CNN or MSNBC. If local stations and papers aren't covering it every day, how can we expect the national news to give it any air time?
Don't blame LE when these cases don't make the news every day, it's not their job to keep it in the news. Their job is to investigate, and hopefully that's what they're doing.

I bet those girls' parents allowed them to watch 16 & Pregnant or Teen Mom -- glorifying teen pregnancy in my humble opinion . . .

I don't think the show '16 and Pregnant' glorifies teen pregnancy at all. ALL of the girls have a very hard time, and it's obvious that having a baby before you are ready-mentally & financially-is extremely difficult for them. It would make me think twice if I was a kid with that 'I want to have a baby' fantasy.

It's the media's job to contact LE and find out if there is anything to report. LE shouldn't have to call or contact them. I would bet that the local t.v. stations and newspaper reporters have called them, but if there is nothing they can tell them, they don't put it out there. They do have other news stories to report on, and all these reporters have bosses who make the decision as to which stories get reported every day.
Look at the major news networks. Fox is all politics and very little else gets their attention. HLN is entertainment, they'd rather report on Lindsay Lohan's newest court hearing or devote 2 hours to the Jerry Sandusky case than to cover these missing kids. I don't watch CNN or MSNBC. If local stations and papers aren't covering it every day, how can we expect the national news to give it any air time?
Don't blame LE when these cases don't make the news every day, it's not their job to keep it in the news. Their job is to investigate, and hopefully that's what they're doing.

I was only referring to local news stations....and I think it is LE's mission to find the missing person, not just the perp. JMO

A general comment about some recent posts: There are no "sunshine" laws in Michigan that provide each and every tidbit of information about pending cases to the media and/or public. I don't think that this means that LE officials are not continuing to investigate cases or that they have any reason to keep information about said cases from the media. It's the way that things are done here in Michigan. There is no obligation for any law enforcement agency to report daily to the media or the public about the progress of possible criminal cases. In the future, I will refrain from mentioning local news coverage, or lack thereof, lest anyone here gets the wrong impression. jmo

A general comment about some recent posts: There are no "sunshine" laws in Michigan that provide each and every tidbit of information about pending cases to the media and/or public. I don't think that this means that LE officials are not continuing to investigate cases or that they have any reason to keep information about said cases from the media. It's the way that things are done here in Michigan. There is no obligation for any law enforcement agency to report daily to the media or the public about the progress of possible criminal cases. In the future, I will refrain from mentioning local news coverage, or lack thereof, lest anyone here gets the wrong impression. jmo

Please don't refrain from telling us of any local coverage. My point was not about what LE is doing behind the scenes, just my personal frustration that the main point of finding Bianca (or other missing children/adults) seems to get "lost", as it were, as LE retreats into investigative mode and zips their lips. I am not blaming LE or the media...I just wish, and believe, that missing children should be represented on local news stations all the time, until found, even if just a little photo in the corner of the screen...something. They aren't any "less missing" once a few weeks have gone by, but people tend to have very fleeting memories if something is not in front of them all the time. Most people are not like us here, who check incessantly on the missing...

I don't expect nationwide "news" shows to stay with these cases...and in most instances don't think they help all that much anyway, as most missing people are generally found more or less locally, if at all, or the suspect turns out to be someone known to the victim. But it would be nice if local news could do a community service by keeping photos of all missing locals on their websites, and those of children flashed on the screen during newscasts...an ideal world, I know, but if children are not worth it, not sure who or what is.

End of my speech. :(

Where is Bianca?

There is still a $25,000 reward for information on Bianca's disappearance.

Tip line 1-800-SPEAK UP

Tipsters can remain anonymous.

Be an angel this holiday season and call with any information which will assist in bringing Bianca home!

Who all did he call. I thought he went to Banika's house and told her family, then they called other family members. Didn't Kelly Jones say SHE called DLand he was stuttering so much that she hung up and just went over there? I thought DL called only his GF and LE, but I may be mistaken.

I was under the impression that he supposedly ran to Bianca's mom's house after the car jacking and pounded on the door as stated by Biancas uncle in an interview. Since it happened at what, 9:25 am. Then I guess he only called the gf on his way there. So my assumption since the call to LE was made so late is that is was made from the mothers home. But then I could be wrong the details of this case seem to change so much.

Was it ever mentioned he was actually seen at the location where he claims the "high jacking" took place? I can't seem to recall.

On NG the sister said she called him at 9:35am, before it was reported to police. Then sister said there was just a bunch of noise so she hung up the phone and headed to Biancas moms. At the house DL was sitting on the steps. She stated when she asked what happened he started stuttering and she didnt get an answer. Then police showed up and pulled DL away to question him.

I feel this way too, was hoping to hear some news by the end of Friday. :( I'm not disappointed in the lack of media coverage, there is obviously nothing new to report.

Just wishing that the case would move forward quickly. I so dread this dragging out before there is any answers to the truth of what happened to this poor little girl.

I was under the impression that he supposedly ran to Bianca's mom's house after the car jacking and pounded on the door as stated by Biancas uncle in an interview. Since it happened at what, 9:25 am. Then I guess he only called the gf on his way there. So my assumption since the call to LE was made so late is that is was made from the mothers home. But then I could be wrong the details of this case seem to change so much.

Was it ever mentioned he was actually seen at the location where he claims the "high jacking" took place? I can't seem to recall.

On NG the sister said she called him at 9:35am, before it was reported to police. Then sister said there was just a bunch of noise so she hung up the phone and headed to Biancas moms. At the house DL was sitting on the steps. She stated when she asked what happened he started stuttering and she didnt get an answer. Then police showed up and pulled DL away to question him.

This post was enough to send me digging for the transcripts for NG's December 15th show.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/15/ng.01.html

Will comment in following posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members