VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

I don't think he left voluntarily either. Not with a serious heart condition that would be fatal without medication, which he didn't take with him.

I suspect foul play - but don't know how, who or why.

He put on his uniform and pretended to go to work that day even though he wasn't scheduled to work... why? That is the key to his disappearance.

I can only hope that LE is working on this quietly behind the scenes, as the wife said in a previous article that LE told her that they know what he was doing that day but couldn't tell her. Plus, details of the Target parking lot footage were never released - perhaps because doing so would compromise the investigation?

I still can't get a good read on the wife... she has said/done some hinky things... but as we know and have seen in other cases, having a spouse disappear is a stressful thing that can cause innocent people to behave in ways others might find inappropriate or suspicious. So I'm trying to withhold judgement until we have more facts.

We haven't forgotten about you, Robert.

I'm totally on the fence about if he left on his own, planned ahead of time, or something happened.

If he left.. he could have easily saved up some meds and / or planned to go to a new doctor for a new prescription.

I think you're right, as you mentioned... the key is WHY did he seemingly pretend to get ready to go to work???

I just cannot believe that this man has just disappeared. I haven't seen any statements since his disappearance from his wife or business partner.

For some reason Robert's disappearance is never far from my mind. Several things just don't sit well with me. I would really love to know what (if anything) came of the Target video.

Does anyone know why his "Find..." page was taken off FB?

If RH died of a heart attack, the chances of him being found should be much greater. If he was out in public, in a parking lot, at a restaurant, etc. Unless he was hiding in the woods, or a desolate location, the chances of finding him would be slim. I can't imagine his body is in an apartment somewhere. So, IMHO, he either was killed and disposed of straightaway, or died in front of someone who felt a need to dispose of the body. Even if he had a heart attack while with a lover, that person should have called 911.

Just MOO.

Mel

Yes, a lover SHOULD have, but if that person were also married, or involved with a scary violent person, or had a high profile position, they might have panicked.

With his heart condition, I would guess certain recreational substances could set off his afib with serious consequences.

Well, if you're asking my opinion? Because those who should *really* be looking for him know what happened to him.

Actually, I am hoping someone has the answer. I can't find the page. It would be very odd to have it gone if Rob is still missing. IMO

Actually, I am hoping someone has the answer. I can't find the page. It would be very odd to have it gone if Rob is still missing. IMO
I suspect it has been deleted. His family stated early on that they believe he is deceased because they don't feel that he would voluntarily stay away from his daughter for any length of time. They seemed to give up looking for him a long time ago. I wonder if it's just too painful for them to deal with.

I go back and forth on what I think happened to Robert, but I tend to think he was a victim of foul play. I don't feel that his family was involved in any way, although I do wish they were more active and visible about trying to find him. Even if he is deceased, he needs to be found. I also think it's possible (but far less likely) that he decided to walk away from his life. His family insist that he wouldn't have done that, but sometimes the family is the last to know. With the car being found in a parking lot in Maryland, I no longer think that Robert was going about his normal life and died as a result of his medical condition. If that were the case, why would the car be at Target in Maryland? Unless it was stolen, which I suppose is also a possibility. I would love to know if the security video shows who parked the car.

This is from June I think, but it's new to me. I apologize if it's been posted before. It caught my attention because it is the first time I remember seeing Robert's wife directly address the possibility that he was murdered. All of the other comments I have seen from her centered around his medical condition and his need for medication.

Family in anguish over Columbia man's disappearance

Though she has no hard evidence, she is convinced that her husband Robert Lee Hourihan - missing since April 8 - is dead and has probably been murdered.

Edited to add: There is some additional information in that article that I was not aware of. Apparently LE think they know why Robert was dressed for work on April 8 even though he did not have to work that day, but they are not releasing that information. Interesting . . .

Pom....I sure with LE would share that info with us... not that it's OUR business.

What reasons would he have for dressing for work on a day he doesn't have to work?

1. To fool family members for whatever reason.
2. Being "confused" and unsure if he had to work that day.
3. ????? help me out here.....more reasons?

The most logical conclusion is that he was somehow mixed up in something bad-drugs, some sort of scam, gambling, etc and then someone killed him for some reason. He was pretending to go to work maybe so his wife and daughter wouldn't worry or to trick people into thinking he was just going to work when he was really doing something illegal.
However, when I look at him I just do not see him being involved in something illegal. I know a feeling is worthless, but it is one case where my logical, rational mind cannot come to meet my gut feeling.

The whole pretending to go to work thing means that whereever he was headed, he was not telling the truth (assuming, of course, of the slight chance he was not having some medical episode.) So he was either meeting someone or running away, IMO. How his vehicle ended up at Target is apparently still a mystery even to LE, if they have not been able to deduce anything from it. Did he leave it there and leave in another car, or was it driven there by someone else? If no footage exists to help clear this up, it may never be known.

WAH?

Wells is still awaiting forensic evidence from the car

The car was discover in May, 2011. 7 months ago, and they're still waiting.

No rush I guess to solve this case huh.

Geezzzz....

Mel

WAH?

Wells is still awaiting forensic evidence from the car

The car was discover in May, 2011. 7 months ago, and they're still waiting.

No rush I guess to solve this case huh.

Geezzzz....

Mel

It leads me to wonder if they already "know" what happen or have a suspicion and it really doesn't have anything to do with his car or him having been in his car.

My $$ is still on voluntary disappearance. Maybe something else happened to him later on - but I think he originally left on his own. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back