TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG the poor darling boy. Look at he above photo, he is so beautiful.

Bump for Joshua on the 1 year anniversary of his disappearance.

Yep, I think someone(s) present that night lied and would rather cover their rear (maybe shame or guilt if it were an accident, or maybe deceit to cover a crime) than tell the truth and give the innocent parties some closure. That's a real shame.

Misleading statements delaying missing toddler investigation

More here:

http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...g-missing-toddler/dWBcgbYCQEKObUkjF1kzNA.cspx

Did they do a thorough search of that house? Did they bring cadaver dogs in to sniff inside and outside around the house? How can they say they have confirmed that he didn't get outside, if everybody is lying?
If there was some kind of accident that caused him to die, then why is there no evidence of that? I can't believe that 7 people would all be able to keep this secret for a whole year without somebody slipping up and letting some detail out. Or six, if one of the 7 was another child, IIRC. And what on earth could have happened that they all had to cover it up? A child falls and hits his head... they could have called 911 and although it would be a little suspicious, they still could have pulled it off. But a child just vanishing with that many people in the house? Unbelievable!!
Sorry, this bothers the heck out of me, and I don't understand why they cannot find this baby!!

I was exploring the possibility maybe only one of them knows the truth and hid it from everyone else. Unlikely scenario, but possible.

A year later, no sign of Joshua

“There were seven people in the house, and some of them have been truthful and some have not,” said Capt. John McDonald of the New Braunfels police, who are being assisted by the FBI and Texas Rangers.

Investigators theorize that Joshua was somehow injured that night and then removed from the house, McDonald said.

Private investigator Charlie Parker, who briefly worked on the case for the family, subscribes to the theory that the boy was accidentally fatally injured — possibly run over by a car.
“Rather than call the police, I think they buried the body and I think the family knows where it is,” said Parker, who reported finding no blood or other evidence on vehicles he checked.

“Although we would love to find baby Josh alive, the investigation is pointing us toward a different theory, that the child most likely is deceased,” he said.
No one is being called a suspect or person of interest, he said, despite inconsistencies in the accounts of those at the mobile home that night.

“They keep insisting we know more than we've told them,” said Josh Davis, 24, who denies knowing about any injury to Joshua or his whereabouts. “I can't share information I don't have.”

He confirmed that police told him and his father, Jerome Davis, that elevated heart rates on their polygraph tests just after the boy vanished raised suspicions of duplicity.

I will just say this much. :twocents:

I have seen parents of missing children say that they are going to get involved in advocacy... and claim to miss their kids.

But even those ones couldn't be bothered to post to facebook regularly about how much they missed their child.
About ways to raise awareness for their child and others.
About ways to keep their child's name out there.

If they had done this... then I would think they would have just disappeared like so many others do...
I cannot see them covering up an accident. Either way they had to call the cops, so if they were hiding something else that doesn't work.

I will be surprised if this is an accident cover up or homicide by the parents. :twocents:

This case sounds so much like Ayla's...and is still stuck in the same place, a year later...in Ayla's they seem to have some evidence of a possible crime scene, but if that is all they have, and it is not definite, I fear the same result in her case a year from now. Someone in each house knows something, I feel certain. JMO

I don't know what to think, too strange with so many people in the house.

I was exploring the possibility maybe only one of them knows the truth and hid it from everyone else. Unlikely scenario, but possible.

I really think that's the only way it makes sense to me too, Ailina. I just can't wrap my head around an accident happening and causing a baby to die, and everyone there agreeing to cover it up. Both of the child's parents were present.

This case is so strange. I really can't come up with a plausible explanation. So sad, I really wish for justice for Josh. :(

Private investigator Charlie Parker, who briefly worked on the case for the family, subscribes to the theory that the boy was accidentally fatally injured — possibly run over by a car.
“Rather than call the police, I think they buried the body and I think the family knows where it is,” said Parker, who reported finding no blood or other evidence on vehicles he checked.

This just makes no sense to me. The scenario just doesn't work. If someone ran over my child, I just can't see making that decision to just cover it up. Even if it was the other parent. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seem so unlikely to me.

The only reason I can imagine parents would fail to report an accidental death is if the child ingested an illegal substance. If there is no sign of trauma to a deceased child's body, the ME will run toxicology tests to determine COD. If the adults wanted to conceal COD, I could see a cover-up.

I could also see a possible cover-up if the COD was an accidental gunshot wound. All kinds of charges could stem from leaving a loaded firearm where a child might have access to it; or from an adult handling the gun negligently. But, I don't think that's likely the COD in this case if LE hasn't found blood on the premises.

I, too, was thinking of little Ayla while reading about Joshua. They're both such adorable babies. I hate to think that they're gone. :(

The only reason I can imagine parents would fail to report an accidental death is if the child ingested an illegal substance. If there is no sign of trauma to a deceased child's body, the ME will run toxicology tests to determine COD. If the adults wanted to conceal COD, I could see a cover-up.

I could also see a possible cover-up if the COD was an accidental gunshot wound. All kinds of charges could stem from leaving a loaded firearm where a child might have access to it; or from an adult handling the gun negligently. But, I don't think that's likely the COD in this case if LE hasn't found blood on the premises.

I, too, was thinking of little Ayla while reading about Joshua. They're both such adorable babies. I hate to think that they're gone. :(

But wouldn't mom or dad be angry that someone's negligence killed their baby? That's what I don't get. If my boyfriend left a loaded gun around, and my baby was killed because of it...

This is where a lot of these things would fall apart, people get angry and blame others. How do mom and dad do that after a year? They still remain tight lipped, protecting the one who took away their son?

That's why I think the guilty person hasn't involved all the people at the house that night. I don't know how they would manage to pull it off, but I don't see all seven adults bonded together over this crime. Maintaining silence for a year now.

This just makes no sense to me. The scenario just doesn't work. If someone ran over my child, I just can't see making that decision to just cover it up. Even if it was the other parent. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seem so unlikely to me.

The only way this theory works for me, is if he was hit by someone as they left the house.
That would mean only one person saw what happened... and that one person decided to cover it up.

It's quite convenient that there is one person in the house that night that has been basically exempt from polygraph, public or police scrutiny.
The one person that left the house before he was discovered missing...
The one person who we know has been arrested since Joshua disappeared.
The one person with major connections in the justice system.

These parents have it figured out if they are lying...
They have tears, even a year later.
They are still looking, even a year later.
They haven't been arrested even a year later.
They are doing just about everything that we fault parents for NOT doing.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...r-no-sign-of-Joshua-3041473.php#photo-2274590

Let's Find Joshua

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-FIND-Joshua-Davis/161420443907206?sk=photos

I'm not a betting person, but I would bet my house that the parents are NOT involved in baby Joshua's disappearance. They did all the right things from the beginning, regardless of how they've been scrutinized (even by me at times). They are young parents. Did they make some mistakes along the way? Yes. Have they been transparent and doing as much as they can for their son? Yes. Did they cave to media pressures or create sideshows? For the most part, No.

The guilty person in this case has not been subjected to ANY scrutiny in the media. Kind of has me p-o'd that Nancy Grace would cover Courtney Roberts, but she never once mentioned the name of the "family friend" who left Baby Joshua's house that night and refused to take a poly.

Are there racial overtones? Class/socio-economic overtones? You decide, but what's not right is the fact that Baby Joshua seems to be at a disadvantage for reasons beyond anyone's control.

I'm not a betting person, but I would bet my house that the parents are NOT involved in baby Joshua's disappearance. They did all the right things from the beginning, regardless of how they've been scrutinized (even by me at times). They are young parents. Did they make some mistakes along the way? Yes. Have they been transparent and doing as much as they can for their son? Yes. Did they cave to media pressures or create sideshows? For the most part, No.

The guilty person in this case has not been subjected to ANY scrutiny in the media. Kind of has me p-o'd that Nancy Grace would cover Courtney Roberts, but she never once mentioned the name of the "family friend" who left Baby Joshua's house that night and refused to take a poly.

Are there racial overtones? Class/socio-economic overtones? You decide, but what's not right is the fact that Baby Joshua seems to be at a disadvantage for reasons beyond anyone's control.

I agree with everything you've said here, HiHater! I has me PO, that Nancy Grace won't mention this mystery person either. I also feel that these parents don't get the same media coverage as others due to race/class issues. It may not be a conscious thing, but just a matter of ratings. If people tuned in for this story like they did for the Casey Anthony circus, we'd see a lot more coverage.

Totally agree!

I truly don't believe these parents hurt their precious baby boy.

For the sake of argument, let's say Joshua was hurt prior to LE being called in that night. Why would they have waited until they had a house full of people (i.e. - witnesses) to sound the alarm? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard