State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,

How about two 5 gallon gas cans in a big plastic tub with a cover? Would that solve your issues?

Poor Jason, he just wasn't a planner. If only he could have asked Michelle to help him. :( I think he planned as much as he could. Especially those Dollar General shoes. That must have been the extent of his planning. He even left the trash bags and paper towels out on the kitchen counter. JMO

We've been debating this info for days. If you read the thread you can get a general idea of what happened (by those of us who think he's guilty).

I have been reading the thread.

Some of the "old timers" can tell you that I started on day one at another forum. I have been a lurker here for a long time.

The answers that I have seen don't make sense to me. People think that he was a master criminal in some areas but careless in others.

If he hadn't gone with the shoes went to charity (whether true or not) story, if I were defense I'd suggest the real killer was in the size 10's and took the HP's from the closet and made footprints to mitigate against the Franklins.

I still think it very unlikely JY had an accomplice. Have to do some more thinking on this shoe business. I still think he's responsible for both sets of prints. Of course that's in conflict with the simplest explanation that there were two people making those prints.

Yes, but what killer with size 10 dime store shoes would worry about their prints being tracked?
Is that logical?

This is what I find confusing.

He seems like a really impulsive guy but if he did it there is a high level of planning. The gas consumption seems like an obvious area for planning.

I don't know the answer to this but I agree for example IF he bought too small shoes you'd think he'd also consider gas burn. Stopping for gas is in fact a big risk - so big that if the witness Gracie were totally solid or if there had been a video of him angrily buying gas in the early morn he'd be in jail already on a plea or conviction.

But what am I missing here: If he had planned that why not have the gas cans at his house and put some in there before heading out after the killing - no worries on carrying them in his truck.

He either failed to plan that part, ignored or accepted the risk (very dangerous), or it's a hole in the state's case.

Some of the "old timers" can tell you that I started on day one at another forum. I have been a lurker here for a long time.

The answers that I have seen don't make sense to me. People think that he was a master criminal in some areas but careless in others.

I think EVERYTHING involved with making the trip back and forth was dangerous no matter the planning. He could have got a ticket, been in an accident, seen by someone driving, video of him driving/somewhere, etc...

He had to take that chance(s) because this might be his only opportunity to do so.

Not one person I've seen in this forum thinks JY was a master at anything other than being sleazy. Master Criminal? Please. :floorlaugh:

Well, from what I've seen you would fit right in on the A.Knox thread :innocent: . You are tenacious... yet wrong IMO.

But you sure are nice about it, and take part in good-faith debating. I respect that immensely.

I did not follow the Knox case, still trying to understand that verdict!!

When I followed the SP case, I could not believe some of the excuses people
made for him, that someone just happened to follow him to the bay that day, etc..:what:

I could not believe they were serious..

Thank you, Dgfred...........means a lot.
I respect you as well.

:)

That's pretty much what he was. You can be both. What, exactly do you have a problem with in terms of not making sense? Murder never makes sense, IMHO, but objectively speaking what do you have a hard time with grasping? Seems most here think he's guilty but there are a few holdouts..so, there's a good balance of both theories that have been mapped out already.

Yes, but what killer with size 10 dime store shoes would worry about their prints being tracked?
Is that logical?

No, it isn't.

It could though be a smokescreen on how the 12's got there.

With the charity story though you either have to believe a killer just happened to show up with the same size and kind of shoe he had given away - or he lied about what happened to them. I think he's lying of course, but I think he could have told the different lie/story that the other killer must have gotten them from the closet - that might be less absurd than a random goth killer wore the same kind of rare shoe in the same size as he!

Thanks to all for the great information.

For those who think that JY committed the murder, and that it was planned, what do you think about planning in some areas but total lack of planning in others?

One example is that the murder was committed while he was away on a business trip, shoes that were smaller than his size, no blood in his SUV, but he didn’t bring enough gas so that he would not have to stop?

I asked the same thing earlier, Frank.

I don't know the answer to this but I agree for example IF he bought too small shoes you'd think he'd also consider gas burn. Stopping for gas is in fact a big risk - so big that if the witness Gracie were totally solid or if there had been a video of him angrily buying gas in the early morn he'd be in jail already on a plea or conviction.

But what am I missing here: If he had planned that why not have the gas cans at his house and put some in there before heading out after the killing - no worries on carrying them in his truck.

He either failed to plan that part, ignored or accepted the risk (very dangerous), or it's a hole in the state's case.

Or maybe he couldn't travel the exact route he wanted/planned one way or the other. He might just have got REALLY paranoid about running close to empty. Just thinking out loud some basically... not arguing.

Gas isn't the easiest thing to put in a car without getting it somewhere, like spilled out or on you. Evidence would still be at the house that someone used the cans possibly that night that he was supposed to be far away... and his wife was murdered. Gas thieves too?

Exactly!

I also think that the State is really stretching with the gas attendant. She seems to be trying too hard to help that I believe it hurts their case. I think that they know it but had to put her on. Without her the gas just doesn’t work.

I can personally vouch for this guy!

Or maybe he couldn't travel the exact route he wanted/planned one way or the other. He might just have got REALLY paranoid about running close to empty. Just thinking out loud some basically... not arguing.

Gas isn't the easiest thing to put in a car without getting it somewhere, like spilled out or on you. Evidence would still be at the house that someone used the cans possibly that night that he was supposed to be far away... and his wife was murdered. Gas thieves too?

Good point - spilling it there or on himself would be a danger. Very good point. And of course more time at the car outside the home not driving would be dangerous too.

I would have to disagree. The shoe issue is directly tied for how he pulls the murder off,.. the issue with gas is of zero consequence to that part of it. He simply didn't think about it. A pesky detail he didn't consider.

Whilst we're on bloody footprints, I think that's what's on the kitchen doorknob. Only, I think it's a smear from CY's foot. CY was the only bloody thing allowed out of that bedroom. If she were carried, she and her bloody feet, that'd be why the shirt is missing.

Good point - spilling it there or on himself would be a danger. Very good point. And of course more time at the car outside the home not driving would be dangerous too.

Personally I would take those risks vs. being caught filling up at a station while my alibi was that I was sleeping in a hotel.

Positively identified at gas station equals prison.

I think, for me, what points to his guilt above all else (the reasons are endless mind you) but I have to say it's the lack of evidence that has me convinced.

Whilst we're on bloody footprints, I think that's what's on the kitchen doorknob. Only, I think it's a smear from CY's foot. CY was the only bloody thing allowed out of that bedroom. If she were carried, she and her bloody feet, that'd be why the shirt is missing.

I think that and there would most likely have been splatter on the shirt too. It was unavoidable in that scene IMO. I think the blood on the door is from a hand/finger turning the doorknob.

If he hadn't gone with the shoes went to charity (whether true or not) story, if I were defense I'd suggest the real killer was in the size 10's and took the HP's from the closet and made footprints to mitigate against the Franklins.

I still think it very unlikely JY had an accomplice. Have to do some more thinking on this shoe business. I still think he's responsible for both sets of prints. Of course that's in conflict with the simplest explanation that there were two people making those prints.

Okay, "what if" time.......GG !!

What if Jason thought Michelle had donated the shoes, but she looked at them and thought they were still okay and forgot to tell him.

Maybe she even put them back in his closet without his knowledge?

There was testimony from MF that there were bags of clothes in the garage ready to be donated, maybe they were in there?

We just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member