State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to disagree. The shoe issue is directly tied for how he pulls the murder off,.. the issue with gas is of zero consequence to that part of it. He simply didn't think about it. A pesky detail he didn't consider.

I agree he definitely could have had that mindset. Stopping for gas was a very big risk, but it's possible he didn't consider it.

Personally I would take those risks vs. being caught filling up at a station while my alibi was that I was sleeping in a hotel.

Positively identified at gas station equals prison.

I think maybe he misfigured gas usage or had to go out of the way at some point. I think needing extra gas wasn't part of the plan at all, but an emergency.

I would have to disagree. The shoe issue is directly tied for how he pulls the murder off,.. the issue with gas is of zero consequence to that part of it. He simply didn't think about it. A pesky detail he didn't consider.

But he would have had to think of so many other things:

Being away from home at a location that can be verified
Not bringing his cell phone
Ruse for someone else to find body
How not to get blood transfer to SUV
Etc.​

Personally I would take those risks vs. being caught filling up at a station while my alibi was that I was sleeping in a hotel.

Bet JY had no idea that WCSO would go to each gas station that was open along the route up in VA. They just as easily could have come up empty.

That's pretty much what he was. You can be both. What, exactly do you have a problem with in terms of not making sense? Murder never makes sense, IMHO, but objectively speaking what do you have a hard time with grasping? Seems most here think he's guilty but there are a few holdouts..so, there's a good balance of both theories that have been mapped out already.

Very fair post, Paige.!

I think that and there would most likely have been splatter on the shirt too. It was unavoidable in that scene IMO. I think the blood on the door is from a hand/finger turning the doorknob.

If you pick up a child, that puts their foot right about doorknob height. And the murderer had been so extremely careful, I don't believe it was a bloody hand.

Bet JY had no idea that WCSO would go to each gas station that was open along the route up in VA. They just as easily could have come up empty.

If you believe Jason stopped in King, then you have to believe he also stopped somewhere else AFTER leaving that hotel that am.

He did NOT have enough gas to get all the way to Clintwood.

Where is that stop and why didn't they find that one?

Why did they only find one that had no video, a cash receipt, a clerk with admitted memory problems, no signs of the witness

after L E tried unsucessfully with video tapes and flyers in attempts to find him..

Something that always bothered me, that I hope we hear from Agent Tart, they made video tapes to find the customer
but then never showed her the tapes........Why?

How does that even make sense?

Why did they even bother?

Okay, "what if" time.......GG !!

What if Jason thought Michelle had donated the shoes, but she looked at them and thought they were still okay and forgot to tell him.

Maybe she even put them back in his closet without his knowledge?

There was testimony from MF that there were bags of clothes in the garage ready to be donated, maybe they were in there?

We just don't know.

Agree can't rule that out.

But I find the odds of a random killer wearing a reasonably rare shoe in the same size as ones JY had recently had pretty low. So the killer, if not JY, would have gotten those shoes from JY's house. However there was no good reason to do that as JTF pointed out. So I think it was JY in those shoes. Who was in the Franklins? I have a hard time believing an accomplice to the person in the HP's.

But he would have had to think of so many other things:
Being away from home at a location that can be verified
Not bringing his cell phone
Ruse for someone else to find body
How not to get blood transfer to SUV
Etc.​

Yes, because those things you just mentioned are CRITICAL for pulling off a murder. Gas.... not so much.

Okay, "what if" time.......GG !!

What if Jason thought Michelle had donated the shoes, but she looked at them and thought they were still okay and forgot to tell him.

Maybe she even put them back in his closet without his knowledge?

There was testimony from MF that there were bags of clothes in the garage ready to be donated, maybe they were in there?

We just don't know.

It is not really the shoes except that they are 'missing' IMO.

It is that anyone killing Michelle (besides JY) doesn't need to worry about the prints on the floor, and doesn't have to worry about getting prints anywhere else in/around the house. They just walk right out of the house... unless they are trying to set-up JY.

Would their home have been thoroughly searched afterwards ... I don't understand your point about donations and being in the garage?

I followed trial 1 and now I am following this one. Just a random thought.... I noticed during JY's testimony he never called the baby by Rylan when talking about the baby but his son would mean carrying on the Young name. Does anyone else find this interesting.

Trying to crawl inside the mind of JY or any killer and then determine what they thought, how they would react, how they would prioriitze, based on how you or I or anyone else would is wasted effort.

JY made the decisions he made. He took the risks he took. He planned what he planned and he improvised when he had to. His actions will never match what someone else thinks he should have done.

It is what it is.

Trying to crawl inside the mind of JY or any killer and then determine what they thought, how they would react, how they would prioriitze, based on how you or I or anyone else would is wasted effort.

JY made the decisions he made. He took the risks he took. He planned what he planned and he improvised when he had to. His actions will never match what someone else thinks he should have done.

It is what it is.

He is a guy who managed to get decent jobs yet peed on the floor and drew faces on women he nevertheless managed to have sex with. Agree, hard to follow where his mind would go or how it would work.

If you pick up a child, that puts their foot right about doorknob height. And the murderer had been so extremely careful, I don't believe it was a bloody hand.

Why would she be carried outside? If he was that careful... why not then?

I believe only his hand was a little bit bloody... and he washed it off with the water hose or something else that was thrown in a bag.

Yes, because those things you just mentioned are CRITICAL for pulling off a murder. Gas.... not so much.

Couldn’t he just say that he was out for a run or doing errands and came home to find the body?

Why is something like the ruse to get MF to the house so important to the murder?

Absolutely.

And, it could have made this case a DP one.

I followed trial 1 and now I am following this one. Just a random thought.... I noticed during JY's testimony he never called the baby by Rylan when talking about the baby but his son would mean carrying on the Young name. Does anyone else find this interesting.

No, because I think he killed his wife and baby. Neither meant anything to him.

Plus the transport of her from upstairs to downstairs and then back up would chance getting blood all over the place IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudy89