Baez no longer represents Casey--it's finally legal

It seems it was rumor from a reported "good source" and the full amount was never disclosed. It also took awhile to transfer the money. I would hope Dr. Phil looked closely at their statements and paid them for their truthfulness. That might have taken quite a chunk out of the original amount that was promised to them for a truthful statement. Then, of course, their lawyer would have taken some of that money so they may not have as much as we might think.

I just believe that if they are not actively working this charity they should be investigated by the IRS and have to pay taxes the same as everyone else. jmo

The "good source" guessed IIRC.

I just like to keep fact and rumor separate and clear.

IMO stating as fact that the donation was $500,000 is wrong.

:floorlaugh: I think I'm ruined for life! Everytime you or anyone else uses the word ironic - I go through the whole iorinic -iorny song and dance in my head! I can't just read it as a word anymore....:great:

LG, I'm with you! I wanted to correct Aedry for misspelling it as I always spell it the way you do in the FCA threads! :floorlaugh:

So who represents her in the civil cases now?

A Mr Charles Greene, iirc he is the 3rd attorney on the civil case.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...:-Baez-no-longer-Casey-Anthonys-attorney.html

"Attorney Jose Baez of Baez Law Firm has officially filed a notice of withdrawal from his former client Casey Anthony. Upon acquittal of Ms. Anthony, Baez’s work as her lead defense attorney had been completed. Baez states “My work as Ms. Anthony’s defense attorney is finished. It’s not my job to answer questions regarding non-legal matters relating to Ms. Anthony and I must attend to my other clients’ needs.” According to Baez, Ms. Anthony does not have a media agent and is not fielding or looking for any deals or offers relating to her story. Ms. Anthony’s attorneys of record: civil case attorney Charles Green and appeals attorney Lizbeth Fryer and Cheney Mason."

It seems it was rumor from a reported "good source" and the full amount was never disclosed. It also took awhile to transfer the money. I would hope Dr. Phil looked closely at their statements and paid them for their truthfulness. That might have taken quite a chunk out of the original amount that was promised to them for a truthful statement. Then, of course, their lawyer would have taken some of that money so they may not have as much as we might think.

I just believe that if they are not actively working this charity they should be investigated by the IRS and have to pay taxes the same as everyone else. jmo

Do you know how to look up the income for that foundation...? Surely a sum of that size would have to be reported.

I do not think Casey wants to do an interview? Why should she? All they would want to do is talk about Caylee! She doesn't want to talk about Caylee! Casey's was done talking about Caylee in June 2008. She is not going to do an interview that has anything to do with Caylee! In her mind, it shouldn't even be about Caylee! It should be about her! She is just as much a victim (her words... not mine).

I believe Jose was banking on Casey doing an interview? I believe he had people lined up to interview Casey upon her release, but it was with people Casey refused to be interviewed by. People like Barbara, Matt, Jane, etc... People who, in Casey's mind, were mean to her for three years. She isn't going to let them get anything from her! I don't know if Casey and Jose agreed to do that interview with those people? She might have because they were not part of the "media" that was "mean" to Casey. Sounds like when she found out they wanted to talk about Caylee... Casey wanted nothing to do with it.

I do believe that Casey wanted a book deal though. That way, she wouldn't have to answer to anyone. It would be on her terms! In her own words. The literary world, imo, won't touch her and Casey is not happy about that. She blames Jose... who promised her the world.

I believe Casey is very upset at Jose. I believe Jose is very upset at Casey. Casey releasing those videos was a big F-U from Casey. She's going to do what she wants. When she wants. How she wants. No one is going to stop her!

I do not see Grandpa Mason sticking around that much longer either. Casey is going to cut him loose to... just as soon as she's done with him. Which is after her probation.

Casey has not changed at all. Jose, who spent three years defending her, is no longer needed. Casey probably blames him for the IRS wanting money from her too. She probably feels he should pay it. Her parents defended her too... look what she did to them? The girl is evil.

A Mr Charles Greene, iirc he is the 3rd attorney on the civil case.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...:-Baez-no-longer-Casey-Anthonys-attorney.html

"Attorney Jose Baez of Baez Law Firm has officially filed a notice of withdrawal from his former client Casey Anthony. Upon acquittal of Ms. Anthony, Baez’s work as her lead defense attorney had been completed. Baez states “My work as Ms. Anthony’s defense attorney is finished. It’s not my job to answer questions regarding non-legal matters relating to Ms. Anthony and I must attend to my other clients’ needs.” According to Baez, Ms. Anthony does not have a media agent and is not fielding or looking for any deals or offers relating to her story. Ms. Anthony’s attorneys of record: civil case attorney Charles Green and appeals attorney Lizbeth Fryer and Cheney Mason."

Is Charles Green doing this Pro Bono? I'm sure she thinks she's so special that she never needs to pay for Attorney fees. I would think they would be getting really tired of working for free at this point. Maybe CA and GA are paying with all their money :waitasec:

respectfully snipped... great post!!

Casey has not changed at all. Jose, who spent three years defending her, is no longer needed. Casey probably blames him for the IRS wanting money from her too. She probably feels he should pay it. Her parents defended her too... look what she did to them? The girl is evil.

:cursing:

exactly!!

They obviously got a substantial amount, that Jeep didn't pay for itself.

And bathroom remodeling is not cheap either. They can't afford to pay their mortgage, but they can afford a new jeep and bathroom? The only place money for that would possibly come from is whatever donation Dr. Phil gave them. The size doesn't matter. What matters is that not one penny of that donation has gone to grandparent's rights, only to the A's pockets, and I'm sure they're funding Casey too. I'm sure they're celebrating Baez finally being gone.

ITA, Beach.

Now that all the "Amelia" and "Brianne" fervor has died down, who are these people? Any opinions? If this has already been discussed, sorry for the repeat. I only hit the Caylee thread once or twice a month, because if I pay too much attention to KC, I get frustrated that justice was thrown to the ground, beaten to a bloody pulp, and tossed into the gutter.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=482"]Check out the new Social Media subforum![/ame]

I'm not sure anyone has figured it out. I think folks got tired, dizzy and were suffering massive headaches. Most finally just jumped off the spinning ride. ;)

Oops...sorry for playing a major role in steering us OT... :iamashamed:

I'm gonna straighten the wheels and bring this baby back on the road.

Topic:
Baez no longer represents Casey--it's finally legal

They obviously got a substantial amount, that Jeep didn't pay for itself.

I never said they didn't.

It's just irritating to see an amount given when we all know that information has not been released.

I'm a stickler for fact over rumor.

ETA: sorry beach, read your post after I posted.

Is Charles Green doing this Pro Bono? I'm sure she thinks she's so special that she never needs to pay for Attorney fees. I would think they would be getting really tired of working for free at this point. Maybe CA and GA are paying with all their money :waitasec:

Yes, I believe he is... (I know the DT held a press conference about it....will look for a link)

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/09/defense-introduces-new-attorneys-tes.html September 14, 2010

This morning, Jose Baez and Cheney Mason held a press conference at Baez' Kissimmee office to announce two new additions to the criminal defense team and a new civil attorney for Casey Anthony.
The new attorneys will be working pro bono.

OCA has had a revolving door of Attorneys on her Civil Case as well
There was
Jonathan Kasen(Ft. Lauderdale), and
Tomasita Crowell (Maitland) her name appeared on the OC clerk of court records but we never saw her in court.
Charles Greene (Orlando)

Jose Garcia(Baez Law Firm) represented OCA at one hearing in 2009 because J.Kasen was not available.

I suspect FCA is back with her mommy and daddy. They have serious money. She doesn't need Baez.

I agree and I just bet her mommy has become her brand new media agent as well as her own private and personal production company-Got to keep whatever money in the fold. Didn't OCA say in one video she was so glad to be home?:waitasec:. That's what she said-Freudian slip?:maddening:

JB is on HLN Prime News right now. I thought he was a talking head when I first heard him, but it sounds like he's talking about the Aruba case.

ETA Well, I guess it's already over. At the end of that segment, Mike G (?) told JB well, I guess we'll just have to disagree on this case TOO. I wish I had heard it all. LOL

I think he wants an easy, well paying, talking head job along with some cash in exchange for an interview. I think he craves the attention too.
IMO

HAHA...you hit it spot on! I am sitting here watching HLN and lo and behold, here's Jose Baez doing commentary with Mike Brooks on Prime News on the Yeardley Love (UVA Lacrosse murder).

Good God....please say it ain't so. HLN is stooping to a brand new low for sure.

JB is on HLN Prime News right now. I thought he was a talking head when I first heard him, but it sounds like he's talking about the Aruba case.

ETA Well, I guess it's already over. At the end of that segment, Mike G (?) told JB well, I guess we'll just have to disagree on this case TOO. I wish I had heard it all. LOL
I heard CNN advertising his appearance. In the old days I would have run home to see/listen. But I guess I've evolved. I could care less about anything the man has to say. He has 0 credibility in my book. I've grown tired of his BS. CNN should rethink this marketing ploy...I hope there are many viewers like me who'd rather watch paint dry than listen to this nincompoop. (Hope that's ok to say.)

I heard CNN advertising his appearance. In the old days I would have run home to see/listen. But I guess I've evolved. I could care less about anything the man has to say. He has 0 creibility in my book. I've grown tired of his BS. CNN should rethink this marketing ploy...I hope there are many viewers like me who'd rather watch paint dry than listen to this nincompoop. (Hope that's ok to say.)

I would rather sit in a bathroom stall with someone who has eaten 100 Taco Bell Burritos with flaming hot sauce than listen/watch Jose Baez. Yeah, it's that bad!

Glad I wasn't watching HLN. :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back