Baez no longer represents Casey--it's finally legal

You know, I feel very sorry for anyone who goes to any of these events? I really want to know what kind of people go to these events? I wish we could get a list of the people who do... that way I know to never hire them for anything.

The brochure reads like a carnival flyer and looks like it was designed by an overachieving 13 year old.

Oh goodie, the circus is going on the road.

And what better place to land the circus but in the playground of what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas-He'll probably stay under the big top at Circus, Circus:waitasec:

Gee, Vegas is only 4 hundred something miles from moi----I haven't been there in such a l o n g time--Think I should go? I need a laugh and love comedy-I'll bring my own cotton candy and popcorn and if they donate to my cause, I'll even play the Calyopie for them during breaks:floorlaugh:

I wonder if he'll don his special lab coat and hair net for this even though it will obscure the glorious vision of his stout middle-aged legs squished into a pair of skinny jeans.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but is Baez looking for a big payoff interview by disassociating himself from the felon.

Hmmm, from recent events, it appears he is concentrating his efforts in talking head appearances & booking himself as keynote speaker wherever possible to spew his self-proclaimed expertise in defense strategy (debunking forensics).

Quit the FCA gig to 'concentrate on his clients'?
More smoke & mirrors?
Uhh, nothing up my sleeves...Presto!
jmo
:what:

I wonder if he'll don his special lab coat and hair net for this even though it will obscure the glorious vision of his stout middle-aged legs squished into a pair of skinny jeans.

Oh please! I'm eating lunch! :what:

1:45 pm Fighting the Prosecution's "Fantasy of Forensics"
- Jose Baez & Andrea Lyons

Speechless, that's what I am.

Fantasy, is that what they teach in science and forensic classes for what 8 to 12 years, fantasy. It is all a fantasy, I guess when you have to defend your client against the fantasy but if the shoe is on the other foot does it become scientific forensics.????

Is Andrea Lyons an expert in forensics??? I can see the "fantasy" part for JB but not the forensics.

Okay, I found this interesting:
http://andrealyon.com/andrea1-crimson2_007.htm

In the section on lectures the first listed is "Storytelling in Opening and Closings". jmo

According to her.
On reading Jeff Ashton's book I found the prosecutors did not share her inflated opinion of her fame or abilities. She was floundering around in Florida Law without bothering to familiarize herself with it.

Here's another one. Has everyone one read Jose's bio?????

http://www.nacdl.org/LegalEducation.aspx?id=21744&libID=21714

some highlights from the faculty page:

Upon completion of his enlistment he took full advantage of the G.I. Bill and went to college at Florida State University and upon graduation went to St. Thomas University School of Law, where he quickly began to demonstrate his trial skill abilities by winning several awards such as the “Best student for Trial Advocacy” and “Moot Court competitions.”

Each year he raises funds and conducts a toy drive for children whose parents are incarcerated. In 2007 he completed “Project Paola,” Paola is a 12 year old girl that lives in Ponedera Colombia and lives in a dirt shack who was born with a birth defect and upon being made aware of her story, Mr. Baez paid for her surgery and enlisted the help of a leg to stand on and today Paola can walk with the help of prosthetic legs. Long before the Orlando Sentinel called him “Juanie Cochran,” Jose A. Baez was known as “El Defensor.”

and

Since taking on this high profile case, and acquitting his client from all murder charges and saving her from the death penalty, Mr. Baez has had to endure countless personal attacks and criticism for doing exactly what he is supposed to do. A Criminal Defense Lawyer is a thankless job that includes many long hours and is the least paying of all practice areas.

Here's another one. Has everyone one read Jose's bio?????

http://www.nacdl.org/LegalEducation.aspx?id=21744&libID=21714

some highlights from the faculty page:

Upon completion of his enlistment he took full advantage of the G.I. Bill and went to college at Florida State University and upon graduation went to St. Thomas University School of Law, where he quickly began to demonstrate his trial skill abilities by winning several awards such as the “Best student for Trial Advocacy” and “Moot Court competitions.”

Each year he raises funds and conducts a toy drive for children whose parents are incarcerated. In 2007 he completed “Project Paola,” Paola is a 12 year old girl that lives in Ponedera Colombia and lives in a dirt shack who was born with a birth defect and upon being made aware of her story, Mr. Baez paid for her surgery and enlisted the help of a leg to stand on and today Paola can walk with the help of prosthetic legs. Long before the Orlando Sentinel called him “Juanie Cochran,” Jose A. Baez was known as “El Defensor.”

and

Since taking on this high profile case, and acquitting his client from all murder charges and saving her from the death penalty, Mr. Baez has had to endure countless personal attacks and criticism for doing exactly what he is supposed to do. A Criminal Defense Lawyer is a thankless job that includes many long hours and is the least paying of all practice areas.

Yeah but you can supplement that income by selling pictures of the kid murdered by your client.

Yeah but you can supplement that income by selling pictures of the kid murdered by your client.

Sold them for $200K IIRC- then had the gall to publicly criticise Roy K for selling a photo of a snake in the swamp... and Ricardo Morales for selling
a photo of Caylee taken at his apt, for $4K. Baez profited more than anyone from selling photos.

According to her.
On reading Jeff Ashton's book I found the prosecutors did not share her inflated opinion of her fame or abilities. She was floundering around in Florida Law without bothering to familiarize herself with it.

She's puffing up her image. Her ego is off the charts. Takes an interesting person to write a book about themselves.

According to her.

I actually got the impression from JA's book that he did respect AL. But, look what his options were. Out of the three (JB, CM, AL) I think AL was the most competent person to deal with at that time.

I actually got the impression from JA's book that he did respect AL. But, look what his options were. Out of the three (JB, CM, AL) I think AL was the most competent person to deal with at that time.

She came off very odd to me with the "experts" she brought in. I'd say she was the most competent though, strictly speaking. Mason is only effective because the court allowed him to get away with so much nonsense. He gets where gets by being abusive and manipulative.

Diane Dimond ‏ @DiDimond
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details From #JoseBaez PR: Breaking News:"The Florida Bar grievance committee found no probable cause in the complaints filed against Jose Baez, Esq

Diane Dimond ‏ @DiDimond
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details From #JoseBaez PR: Breaking News:"The Florida Bar grievance committee found no probable cause in the complaints filed against Jose Baez, Esq

Why am I not surprised? He had so many, and of varied nature they should be able to get the measure of this man just by reading them.
Do we know if Judge Perry ever followed through on his complaints/sanctions against him?

Why am I not surprised? He had so many, and of varied nature they should be able to get the measure of this man just by reading them.
Do we know if Judge Perry ever followed through on his complaints/sanctions against him?

bold is mine

Doubt it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24