Friday: Severe Weather predicted - Midwest - Southeast

At least 30 people missing in Henryville, IN. Storm tracker saying at least 1/4 mile swath of damage...several people pulled from gas station. If people weren't in shelter, storm tracker says "it would be a miracle if anyone survived". per HLN

From what I am seeing on TV it looks as though northern Ky is taking a pounding

It's starting here in Nashville. We still have power but can't call out or get calls on my cell phone. Don't have a home phone. It's looking ominous out there!

It's starting here in Nashville. We still have power but can't call out or get calls on my cell phone. Don't have a home phone. It's looking ominous out there!

Get in your basement and get safe!

Kat from what I am seeing it should miss Cincinnati itself, but Clermont, Brown and Highland counties are in the path.

I'm getting skeered and about to have my own panic attack.

Thanks so much! I'm originally from Louisville, my Parents and my Brother live there. My oldest daughter is in Cinci and my oldest son is at Fort Campbell KY (he just texted and said it's "really bad" there too right now).

He's the only one I've heard back from. But, cell towers could be overloaded or knocked out. (I'm in Hawaii) I can't call my Dad because he doesn't have a cell and I know he's in the basement. I'll wait till later to check on my parents.

Kentucky storm alert info http://forecast.weather.gov/hazards/lmk

http://www.whas.com/main.html

Tornado Warning(s)
all or portions of the following counties,
In Kentucky: Allen, Bracken, Bracken, Bullitt, Butler, Campbell, Fayette, Garrard, Grant, Hardin, Jessamine, Larue, Logan, Logan, Madison, Muhlenberg, Pendleton, Pendleton, Shelby, Simpson, Spencer, Warren, Warren, Woodford

In Ohio: Brown, Clermont
Severe Thunderstorm Warning(s)

In Kentucky: Allen, Boyle, Butler, Carroll, Christian, Fayette, Gallatin, Garrard, Grant, Henry, Jefferson, Jessamine, Lincoln, Logan, Logan, Madison, Mercer, Muhlenberg, Oldham, Owen, Pendleton, Shelby, Simpson, Spencer, Todd, Warren, Warren

Flash Flood Warning(s)
In Kentucky: Bell, Trimble

In Indiana: Clark, Crawford, Crawford, Dubois, Harrison, Jefferson, Orange, Scott, Washington

Two or three cells around Nashville. Take cover!

I'm in mid-MI, right along the I-69 corridor, literally, I-69 is 40 feet from my backyard. Weather events always hit us hard, whenever anything is in the area. We won't get a tornado yet, but this season is going to be rocky for the whole country, including us. Tonight we will be getting thundersnow, up to 18 inches in the upper peninsula. We are under a high wind warning starting at 7 p.m. It's currently raining cats and dogs, and there will likely be isolated flash flood warnings soon.

Not as bad as other parts of the country for us, but if trees and power lines start coming down, it could get rocky here too. I have our cell phone charged, and I can get online from that, so if it gets bad for our area tonight, I'll update.

I feel guilty being worried, mostly out of harm's way up here, while so much of the country is much less safe.

My son just moved to Clarksville, how far from Nashville is that?

Thanks so much! I'm originally from Louisville, my Parents and my Brother live there. My oldest daughter is in Cinci and my oldest son is at Fort Campbell KY (he just texted and said it's "really bad" there too right now).

He's the only one I've heard back from. But, cell towers could be overloaded or knocked out. (I'm in Hawaii) I can't call my Dad because he doesn't have a cell and I know he's in the basement. I'll wait till later to check on my parents.

My sons stationed there too and my dil is home in Clarksville, thank you for the update

This is reminding me of the outbreak in the 70's. Anyone else remember that? I was in a house that was moved off it's foundation that day (I was in the root cellar, the house was shifted off it's foundation but not destroyed).

My daughter in Cinci said it's just south of her now.

My son hasn't responded back yet. My Mom just texted from Louisville. Says that the storms just lightened up a bit but expecting more (she said another round) Henryville 1 dead and Madison IN 4 dead. (all from my Mom's text from local news, so not confirmed).

Thank you so much, I couldnt get a hold of him and this is all new to me...we worry about earthquakes not tornados!

YW. One of the reasons I moved to NM. Pretty clear of natural disasters....unless an ancient volcano decides to flare up. It was in the mid 60's yesterday, but the high today is 44 with 40 mph winds. Normal winds tho...just blowing in spring.

Anyone heard if there were any kids confirmed on the overturned school buses in southern IN?

EMTs on scene near school, not sure if it's Henryville or not at this time, but in that general area

(Just FYI) My mom said that today was a in service day for Jefferson County Schools so no kids at school today. My Mom is an employee so they all left early when they started closing malls (weather related closing) in Louisville earlier today.

(Jefferson County Public Schools Louisville KY)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back