Remains found in Big Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for pointing that out! I remember now, his mother's place was all wrapped up in his lie about using the computer and internet for job hunting that morning. (or getting rid of the child p., which is what I thought)

Ugh. The revulsion is rising up freshly again, what sorry pieces of humanity BD and SA are... IMO. :jail: :jail:

Regarding the state of the body: Given that she's mummified, it's likely the cause of death will be detectable. Also, if there's tearing/injuries from a sexual assault, that might be detectable as well. Poor Hailey... I think her little body has a full story to tell. Bless her.

Exactly! I just saw an old picture of the two of them and had the thought, how in the world could BD wake up every morning to look SA in the face and wonder if the death of her child came at his hands? How does she do it?????JMO

Scroll through these Pictures of Texas drought conditions 2011:

http://photoblog.statesman.com/dry-season-the-texas-drought-of-2011

The U.S. Drought Monitor map shows an angry red blotch covering almost all of Texas, denoting extreme to exceptional — the most severe — drought conditions. In the past 12 months, just 15 inches of rain have fallen, the driest such period on record. The average daily temperature in July (87.1 degrees) beat the old 1954 record, by nearly two degrees. August temperatures, currently averaging over 89 degrees, are on target to set a new record too.
These “phenomenally consistent” weather conditions are the result of a long-running La Nina weather pattern — the same set-up for the infamous 1950s drought, says Mark Rose, meteorologist for the Lower Colorado River Authority. When it began in 1949, one of every two Texans was still living in rural areas; by the time it ended seven years later, Texas had become an urban state, most of its population unfamiliar with the yearning for a good, two-inch rain.

I'd just like to say one thing without mentioning the thread, since it's closed - Tuba, Soulscape, FifthEssence , Leomoon80, Paulette, Passionflower, and seriously hoping I didn't leave anyone out as it's unintentional - Well, you all ROCK and were spot on from the very beginning...right down to the location! Missing you ALL sooo much!

:blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss:

AGREE -- and miss that thread too - if anyone knows where these astrological posters are writing - share how you can!

I hate days like these.

One question.. If a person digs a shallow grave in this area would there be evidence of a freshly dug grave..I'm not talking about later I'm talking about immediately afterwards.. Could the soil be put back in place as IF the incident never took place...TYIA

Egyptians chose to bury their dead in shallow pit-graves on the edges of the desert, where the heat of the sun and the dryness of the sand created the natural mummification process. Even this natural process produced remarkably well preserved bodies. Often, these early natural mummified bodies retained skin tissue and hair, along with a likeness of the person's appearance when alive.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/mummification.htm

I'd just like to say one thing without mentioning the thread, since it's closed - Tuba, Soulscape, FifthEssence , Leomoon80, Paulette, Passionflower, and seriously hoping I didn't leave anyone out as it's unintentional - Well, you all ROCK and were spot on from the very beginning...right down to the location! Missing you ALL sooo much!

:blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :blowkiss:

I really miss all of you also!!! XOXO ((HUGS)))

New MOON starts tonight........(new discoveries, new starts etc)
times running out.............SA/BD!!!

Besides convenience (perhaps), if Shawn is the murderer, why would he dump her there when we know he's had so many other places he could've done so without Hailey ever being found? If the theory is Hailey died the night before she was reported missing, he had all night and day to do so.

I'm still shocked by the location to be honest. I hope they will be able to tell if she's been there all along or if she was put there later.

One question.. If a person digs a shallow grave in this area would there be evidence of a freshly dug grave..I'm not talking about later I'm talking about immediately afterwards.. Could the soil be put back in place as IF the incident never took place...TYIA

The surface soil/sand blows around enough that it wouldn't be obvious for long. A lot of what makes freshly-dug soil look freshly-dug is the turning up of moisture. That wouldn't last long, and you have to dig down further than you'd think to find moisture. (Based on attempting to garden with my grandmother, about five miles from the site.)

Not an expert just a West Texan for 47 years, No...especially since there is no moisture in the ground to pack anything. It was stated in the press conference at 11:30 on CBS7 that the thought was the rain and windstorm from the last couple of days washed out the remains and exposed them to be visible. My opinion is it must have been a very shallow grave like maybe only a foot or so deep. It would have been very time consuming and extremly hard as the soil is as hard as limestone, cement and rock. JMO.

Sad day today..... Poor little girl !!!!
I'm too angry to say what I'd like to say.
If Shawn did it--and I'm not accusing him until the investigation shows that he was the perp -- it would make sense to dispose of her in an area he is familiar with. On the other hand, only someone with little brain matter would put the body so close to a relatives' house; but maybe Shawn isn't that intelligent. Too bad they didn't find her sooner, but hopefully evidence has been preserved.
jmo

Nancy Grace is covering this! I just called and got through first caller so I will let u know if anything new is said. She's been taping her show during the day. Anything u guys want me to ask? It hasn't even started yet I was early! Right now I am on hold. Lol

If this is Hailey...at this point I do not see a way that SA is not the culprit, sorry to say. If she was found near her own home, anyone could be involved...but found near his mommy's house...I don't think so. JMO

yes, they were spot on! for anyone wanted to read the thread there (**the forum is closed but you can still read it**) here is the link:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124508"]Forensic Astrology - HAILEY DUNN 12/27/10 Colorado City, TX - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

caveat being we cannot discuss forensic astrology on this thread ;-) (just wanted to post it for those interested in reading)

I haven't kept up with this case since it was no longer in the media but would be pleased to know that someone is brought to justice in Hailey's "disappearance". The adults in Hailey's life left a lot to be desired, and I suspect that one or more of them are responsible for whatever happened to the teenager. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua