Remains found in Big Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hailey_Dunn_01_540x405.jpg

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/01/18/Hailey_Dunn_01_540x405.jpg

Nancy Grace is covering this! I just called and got through first caller so I will let u know if anything new is said. She's been taping her show during the day. Anything u guys want me to ask? It hasn't even started yet I was early! Right now I am on hold. Lol

Yes please WillenFan! Would you kindly ask her if it's possible that BD be charged with neglect and abuse based on drug use, poor choices, keeping her children in harms way even after they advised they didn't like SA & felt uncomfortable around him, etc? I mean, if this is Hailey, and if it can be proven that SA is the culprit (which the state attorney shouldn't have a problem there), then good ole' woe is me pity party throwin' BD's poor freaking choices led to her daughter's death. Sooo, can she be held somewhat accountable? Pleeeeease?

OK show starting right now!! Again if you have suggestion for a question let me know. The one I am going to ask now is if this is Hailey does she think they will have enough to get Atkins on since the remains are so bad.

If this is Hailey...at this point I do not see a way that SA is not the culprit, sorry to say. If she was found near her own home, anyone could be involved...but found near his mommy's house...I don't think so. JMO

He must be really stupid or he didn't know they would be able to track the pings to his mom's.

OK show starting right now!! Again if you have suggestion for a question let me know. The one I am going to ask now is if this is Hailey does she think they will have enough to get Atkins on since the remains are so bad.

I swear - you get through more than Sheba in Illinois. I hope that Billie can be bothered enough to show some concern.

Reporter on scene: All evidence is reporting to this being Hailey Dunn.

- Sounds like they have live shots of crime scene. Location of Airport near a flight a school. Not a big airport 12-15 flights a day go out of it.

SA Cell Phone Ping in the area she was found, only a mile from his mothers house! An arrest warrant for SA is coming.....

One question.. If a person digs a shallow grave in this area would there be evidence of a freshly dug grave..I'm not talking about later I'm talking about immediately afterwards.. Could the soil be put back in place as IF the incident never took place...TYIA

Since this is local for me and we've been under a severe drought since before Hailey disappeared you would have to have a way to water the ground or have some kind of machinery to get any kind of hole dug. the ground was just like concrete and Big Spring is rockier than where I live. Since winter we've had lots of snow and now getting rain but before this no way to dig a shallow kind of grave.

Nothing heard on clothes no idea if it was clothed. Hand possibly found of a small girl. Medical Examiner on show says remains are going to be severely decomposed. Body partially buried.

About the gate the reporter is saying the gate was not locked. Attorney for Shawn Atkins is on phone.

I swear - you get through more than Sheba in Illinois. I hope that Billie can be bothered enough to show some concern.

I surmise the only concern will be of her own welfare and that of her boyfriend. If this is Hailey, SA will once again look like a deer in the headlights because all suspicions will be turned towards him. What are the probabilities that a stranger abducted Hailey and disposed of her body within a mile OF SA's Mothers house in an another town????? Not likely! So when the chit starts to hit the fan I also theorize SA will not take the fall all by himself and will grab hold of the beloved Girlfriend, BD and take her along for the ride.JMO.

This thread starting moving fast, but here is an interesting tidbit in regards to "lime". If this has already been posted. Sorry :(

http://ktxs.com/big_country_news/30731273/detail.html

"Concerning the property where the remains were found, Everett said the area was previously owned by a limestone company and that a lot of poured concrete is on the site. However, the remains were discovered in a dirt and grassy area."

Is it possible there is lime in the soil, hence, the mummification?

Shawn's Family owns property in the area per the SA attorney.

Mother lives about a mile from remains were found. Reporter saying the cell phone pinged in that area.

Arlin Bynum, who was 40 years old at the time of his disappearance, was last seen Aug. 14, 2003, in the vicinity of the San Franciscan Bar and Grill, located in downtown Big Spring. According to police reports, witnesses claim he left the establishment late in the evening, supposedly accompanied by another man who has never been identified. Bynum’s truck was later found near the bar.

Repeated searches of Big Spring fields, pastures and scrublands have yet to turn up any indication what happened to the Big Spring man, according to Big Spring police officials.

Also missing is Hayley Dunn of Colorado City, who was 13 at the time she disappeared. The teen was last seen in Colorado City on Dec. 27, 2010, when she told a family friend — former Big Spring resident Shawn Adkins — she was going to her father's home nearby and then on to spend the night at a friend's home.

According to investigators, she did neither. Billie Dunn, the girl's mother, said she last saw her daughter at home the night of Dec. 26, nearly two days before she was reported missing.

Whether or not the remains found Tuesday belong to either Bynum or Dunn, however, is unknown.
http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/remains-founds-airpark-no-id-yet

Besides convenience (perhaps), if Shawn is the murderer, why would he dump her there when we know he's had so many other places he could've done so without Hailey ever being found? If the theory is Hailey died the night before she was reported missing, he had all night and day to do so.

I'm still shocked by the location to be honest. I hope they will be able to tell if she's been there all along or if she was put there later.

Usually a murderer will dump their victims in an area known to them. It is said they feel more comfortable disposing of a body in an area they know well.

So did he think if he hid her body close to his mom's home they wouldnt search that area? Evidently so, and it worked for him for 15 months, if this is indeed Hailey.

SA Attorney is on cell phone pings saying that he is not going comment on cell phone pings in the area bc he doesn't feel comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny