ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a possibility of course

And I agree, if that drunk, its a wonder someone from LE didn't take GG home

GG would have been drunk early in the evening. I believe that he wanted to leave the search early that night, after dark while LE and searchers were still out there searching. By then he would've been more sober. Idk, it just sounds logical to me. Not substantiated of course. But not unsubstantiated either. jmo

The link is up in the Facts and Rumors thread. It has been provided many, many times. The fisherman from the boat is not Mr. Silva and the link to both Mr. Silva and the fisherman in boat were provided earlier in this thread. Also there was a report from the dive shop owner. These are facts reported by the MSM. Anything reported by MSM is acceptable here for discussion. If someone chooses to consider Mr. Silva's testimony only because they heard him state it that is their choice. But discussions on what was reported from witnesses discussed by MSM is permitted. According to T. Stein and GMA a number of witnesses came forward and GMA was permitted to review them. I have never heard JB dispute the fact that there were no witnesses or that he had never seen witness statements claiming his client left the area. However, if someone has a link to dispute TS, LE and GMA claim then I'd be happy to read it.

And while this is not directed to anyone in particular let's do try to keep our comments to just the posts specifically and not personally to posters. jmo

BBM: Re: the bolded,ITA, Lambchop, as what has been reported by MSM is all we have to go on.The only reason I can see for not using MSM reports is if they are known to have been unsubstantiated after they were first reported. As far as I know to date, this is not the case with these witnesses, including Mr. Silva.

It is jimo that the most unreliable witness in this case is the one and only suspect, Gary Giordano. With his outlandish story and his obvious inconsistencies, he is the last person I would believe.

You know it's the little stuff that reporters say and LE sometimes for that matter that really get under my skin. Like some have said that GG is lying about them not buying alcohol at the restaurant when in fact they or he bought liquor had it at the room and brought it with them in cups. How is he lying when he says they did not buy drinks at the restaurant. That is what I watch for and that is what asleigh bancroft does. They take the truth and make it like the "suspect" is lying when they are telling the truth. Sometimes it's all in the way you ask a ? as to the answer you will receive. idk sometimes things are not always as they seem, this is a strange one

I thought the main point is that GG lied when he stated in his interview that they "were a sober couple". By all accounts we have heard there is no question that he was not being truthful.

BBM by RU:

Ist BBM: The report is not a FACT--only a statement reported by ABC. I would say the "statement", the Report is a fact, is what is validated by the vid.IMO

2nd BBM: "Mr. Silva was the only one that stated they left the beach ..and that is the ONE witness. The term "other" witness " as reported by LE---Until we know for a fact who those "other" witnesses are, Mr. Silva stands alone. IMO

3rd BBM: We have NO proof to date that these witness statements WERE given to ALE, either, do we?

What is interesting ,if we were to take out these "witness statements" from the mix, (because we have no basis of proof how many witnesses have been validated) the discussion of this case would be totally different. Perhaps we should refrain from using the ""witnesse's " as proof of anything? JMO

....and frankly posters are responding to A post by LC, If their response to that Post is seen as "personnel" , How else might it be suggested we post our comments. Perhaps we should just state the Post #? JMO:twocents:

I really don't understand, R.U. We have been discussing these particular MSM reports regarding witness statements since the day they were released. What has changed that they have now lost their validity? We have never really claimed the statements were "proof" of anything, just that they should be taken into consideration along with any other tiny morsel of information we may be lucky to learn, which has been very little. I mean, to my knowledge they have never been disproven have they? :confused:

if the part about the chin and shin are by the unsubstantiated witness's did that have to be said. just asking. tia

Again, we have been discussing these "unsubstantiated" reports since they were released by MSM. I don't see how something that is permitted and has been ongoing is now suddenly a problem. We'll all die holding our breath waiting for ALE to release anything.

Exactly. Ashleigh bancroft telling us what the fisherman told her or better yet told her assistant out and about 2 weeks after the fact finding a fisherman, (probable at the bar) and saying that they are in town for the missing woman then sergio telling a story. and this makes headline/msm news. I ain't takin the bait jmo

Omg, are you serious?! When? Has it been substantiated? :floorlaugh:

If I got the post # wrong, my sincere apologies

I will go back and find the correct one

I was referring to the fact that it was reported that the toupee story was untrue, the news reported that he did not change them to hide his identity

Post 124

Watched JVM tonight. Martin Savidge reported that the story of GG having multiple toupees with him is false, GG was traveling with just the one he was wearing.

Lol, that other post did sound kind of interesting though, and I'm thinking I need to go back and check it out. Didn't seem to be related to this case so must have been one of those OT discussions.

Lol, that other post did sound kind of interesting though, and I'm thinking I need to go back and check it out. Didn't seem to be related to this case so must have been one of those OT discussions.

It wasn't off topic

Again, we have been discussing these "unsubstantiated" reports since they were released by MSM. I don't see how something that is permitted and has been ongoing is now suddenly a problem. We'll all die holding our breath waiting for ALE to release anything.

Since there is very little coming from LE, the only thing there is to discuss is media reports
I don't think there is a problem discussing them
I think its rather important to keep the facts and rumours thread updated as we find things. ( I haven't:what:)

In many cases information is reported and then at a later date, debunked
If we are open to all information and we are willing to look at it , it shouldn't be a problem

I guess we just have to remember that different media put a different slant on some stories
And sometimes all media doesn't correct information in their reporting when the story changes
We just have to be careful when posting not to confuse opinions with known facts, thats when things get very complicated and a lot of time is wasted looking for links.

If it is something that has been in the media, then back it up with a link MOO

Otherwise, its not fact, its an opinion and thats how I view it

So no matter what info comes off that island we should just go with it. really?

What about the part at the end of ashleigh's report where she says that the police have not talked to sergio (and this is 2 weeks after) yet. Then she says that sergio knows why they are not talking to him, really? If he knows and saw what happened why didn't LE talk to him. idk So at this point I for one am not going to run with what he says.

So no matter what info comes off that island we should just go with it. really?

What about the part at the end of ashleigh's report where she says that the police have not talked to sergio (and this is 2 weeks after) yet. Then she says that sergio knows why they are not talking to him, really? If he knows and saw what happened why didn't LE talk to him. idk So at this point I for one am not going to run with what he says.

Well her comments were Mr Silva thinks the police had not spoken to him because they are inept and lazy

They spoke to other witnesses?
Why not him?

If he is the only one who saw them leave, I would think his testimony would be rather important

Well her comments were Mr Silva thinks the police had not spoken to him because they are inept and lazy

They spoke to other witnesses?
Why not him?

Good Question

I would think that in all the days that GG was beng held (116) that surely they could have tracked SS down and talked to him about what exactly he did see, well maybe they did and he said the same thing he said in the interview which was nothing more than him seeing the vehicle drive in the wrong direction. Everything else he said had to do with the rough ocean and the way GG acted with ALE.

well, It had been stated that only Mr Silva saw them leave the beach
The following article says the fisherman in a boat also saw them leave

I don't know, it could be true, it could be bad reporting,

now police say a fisherman out on his boat that day says he saw the couple and not only did they not go snorkeling, they didn't even get in the water.

>> that story has not been proven yet. it has not been in reality. if that statement bears reality it's something that might change the investigation.

>> reporter: law enforcement sources tell nbc news the fisherman claims he saw gary and robyn leave the beach together. if true, that would shatter giordano 's time line .

>> undoubtedly he will be questioned the coming week.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/44225927#46819729

Because the above story was not proven at the time of this interview, it could have been debunked after police interviewed the gentleman

I can't find anything else about it

I still feel that it would be easy for a witness to be confused with the days because of GG and RG being there twice

However, Mr Silva seems to have his day right as he spoke of GG being drunk

I would just like to know for sure if Silva was the only one who says they left together

well, It had been stated that only Mr Silva saw them leave the beach
The following article says the fisherman in a boat also saw them leave

I don't know, it could be true, it could be bad reporting,

now police say a fisherman out on his boat that day says he saw the couple and not only did they not go snorkeling, they didn't even get in the water.

>> that story has not been proven yet. it has not been in reality. if that statement bears reality it's something that might change the investigation.

>> reporter: law enforcement sources tell nbc news the fisherman claims he saw gary and robyn leave the beach together. if true, that would shatter giordano 's time line .

>> undoubtedly he will be questioned the coming week.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/44225927#46819729

Quoting myself:blushing:

One thing that stands out about the above interview is the reporter says if true , it would shatter GGs time line

Did this fisherman come forward before Silva?
Because Silvas statement already shattered GGs time line

Who came first???

It seems all of these reports are very close together

Around August 22 the boat fishermans story came out

Some time around August 24th, there are reports of Silvas story

And sometime around August 23rd the fisherman who never saw them again... his story was reported

The witness says he was fishing on a beach on that day and he saw the two take a walk along the reef around 4 p.m., but they never went in the water.

A short time later, the couple drove away and he never saw either of them again, the witness says.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardner-photo-vanished-aruba/story?id=14361836

When watching the video with the above quote, it is Silva that is speaking on the video

They are talking about a new witness and the interview is with Silva

The witness says he was fishing on a beach on that day and he saw the two take a walk along the reef around 4 p.m., but they never went in the water.

A short time later, the couple drove away and he never saw either of them again, the witness says.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardner-photo-vanished-aruba/story?id=14361836

When watching the video with the above quote, it is Silva that is speaking on the video

They are talking about a new witness and the interview is with Silva

:) I would also like to see a pic or video of GG with a watch on, SS says he looked at his watch and said "she's probably dead by now", I haven't seen a watch on his arm on the day of the disappearance.

:) I would also like to see a pic or video of GG with a watch on, SS says he looked at his watch and said "she's probably dead by now", I haven't seen a watch on his arm on the day of the disappearance.

Good catch
I never noticed that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members