FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where is the house where Trayvon was staying?

The posted photo is looking east. Continue south on the sidewalk from where the body was found, cross one street and it's the second or third condo on your left.

I think he should have been arrested that night too. I think for manslaughter. But I have no reason to believe that he was on a mission to kill a kid that night.

He was a watchman for years. Why that night would he go on a MISSION to kill?

I agree, and I think he would have been if it wasn't for Florida's laws. The reason the State's attorney or whoever showed up that night (I'm tired) might have been because of this very law. Normally they'd arrest the shooter, but under this statute the state actually has to pay if they arrest someone when there's evidence of self defense, like the witness that said TM was on top of GZ and the physical evidence.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/776.032

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer

(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

Thanks Isabelle. I meant to go back and edit my post to 2010 instead of 2008 but by the time I realized it, I couldn't edit it any longer.

Anyway, I foresee an arrest of Zimmerman a whole lot sooner than Ms. Broxsie. I have a feeling we will all be pleasantly surprised at what happens in the coming week or 2. The new prosecutor stated the other day that she did not foresee needing a grand jury to hear the case on April 10th IIRC.

~jmo~
So it would appear that this isn't anything beyond what normally happens in this type of case, then?

After he was attacked by TM.

Not proven. It has been proven than George shot and killed Trayvon. According to me, I can clearly hear what he said in the call to LE. I can wait for the FBI to enhance the tape so we know for sure what he said, but all we know right now, is that George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

MOO

Wow, how can anyone believe his story? He is violent and after acknowledging the man was a cop, he said I don't care who you are, f--you! I don't doubt that when he bought the gun he planned to use it. Poor Trayvon.

I would really like to know how long he owned the gun before he used it?!

I would really like to know how long he owned the gun before he used it?!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he purchased it after he was appointed "Neighborhood Watch Captain." It went with his new job.

MOO

For anyone wanting a clearer video of Zimmerman getting out of the police car, the City of Sanford Florida website has very clear videos that show no injuries at all on Zimmerman. They also show no blood on his clothes, front or back.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

Click on the Trayvon Martin Investigation link on the home page and then Videos on the next page.

My only question is what happened in the time between the phone disconnect for Trayvon and when the screaming started. I wish I knew what length of time that was.

Knock it off in here. Act like mature adults and discuss this responsibility. If the frustration is getting the better of you, step away or move on to another thread/case.

But stop name calling and stop making statements that are intended to bait the other side.

Salem

My only question is what happened in the time between the phone disconnect for Trayvon and when the screaming started. I wish I knew what length of time that was.

There is a time lapse and no one knows what happened? I know the complex had video cameras, but I don't know if they would have caught anything? I would have thought they would at least catch Trayvon entering the complex and if he really was standing by the clubhouse? The clubhouse usually has cameras?

I don't know if they'd have them on the actual buildings looking out into the spacious grass areas?

Thank you for that ConcernedPapa. Now I have another request for you if you don't mind to much. I know that I saw a post before where you had determined the distance and how long it would take for Trayvon to get from one point to another. Can you determine, based on the timeline and the dispatcher telling Zimmerman that he didn't need to follow Trayvon aproximately where Zimmerman was at that point in time? In other words, would he have been closer to his truck, to the condos in front of where Trayvon was shot or behind the condos and in the area where Trayvon was shot. Please and thank you, if you have the time and feel like working on it. If not, I understand and thank you for linking the photo for me. I'm trying to figure out if we can tell if Zimmerman continued following Trayvon after being told that he didn't need to or was he already in that area when he was told that. I'm posting the photo so that you won't have to go look for it yourself.

I'm working on everything after the 2:08 mark of the 911 call now. That's when he gets out of the truck. I don't mind telling you it's a conundrum to say the least. While available information is limited at this point, there's a surprising amount of information that has been given to us in snips of statements, as well as transcripts.

For example, I caught a gem on this video that I'll be able to plot onto a map and see if it may play into a better understanding of what happened between the time Zimmerman got out of his truck and the time he killed this boy. Listen, beginning at the 1:42 mark:

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...timeline-leaves-many-unanswered-questions.php

For anyone wanting a clearer video of Zimmerman getting out of the police car, the City of Sanford Florida website has very clear videos that show no injuries at all on Zimmerman. They also show no blood on his clothes, front or back.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

Click on the Trayvon Martin Investigation link on the home page and then Videos on the next page.

Thank you for this.

Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 11.40.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 11.40.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 11.40.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 11.42.58 PM.png

These certainly appear to be injuries to me. And in this video, you can get a glimpse at part of the injury on the back of his head when he turns to go into the room. JMO

I'm heading out for the night. Hope everyone has a good one. Keep the great updates coming.

Well, he did shoot and kill someone and according to my hearing, he did call him a racial slur?

I have listened to the 911 call a dozen and can not make out the words clearly, so I can not call it a racial slur, what I hear is punk (no race indicated) but people are going to hear what they want to hear.

After listening to several of his calls about black suspicious teenagers matching descriptions of robbers in the neighborhood, I have to wonder if every time a teenager walked down the street looking a certain way, he thought they were "suspicious". Could he have seen Trayvon and his cousin or friend before, since he mentioned to 911 that they would be back near the back gate? GZ says he has seen them before to 911. Could these fellas have been innocent also and GZ always saw a law breaker in everyone he saw? He certainly seemed to be overly annoyed by small children at play in the neighborhood. Maybe his problems were authentically more serious, adrenal exhaustion or something, than we have considered. His voice tone in the calls always sounds calm, yet his words just don't seem to sit right.

BBMWhy not? H is not the neighborhood Pet shop, grocer, or doctor.
He is the neighborhood watch man, that is what watch people do.
They have certain awareness. Even when off duty
WE All like our guards and watchmen who are alert.

BBMWhy not? H is not the neighborhood vegetarian, grocer, or doctor. He is the neighborhood watch man, that is what watch people do. They have certain awareness. WE All like our guards and watchmen who are alert.

Again, neighborhood watch means watch. He was not a guard or official "watchman."

I'm working on everything after the 2:08 mark of the 911 call now. That's when he gets out of the truck. I don't mind telling you it's a conundrum to say the least. While available information is limited at this point, there's a surprising amount of information that has been given to us in snips of statements, as well as transcripts.

For example, I caught a gem on this video that I'll be able to plot onto a map and see if it may play into a better understanding of what happened between the time Zimmerman got out of his truck and the time he killed this boy. Listen, beginning at the 1:42 mark:

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...timeline-leaves-many-unanswered-questions.php

Are you referencing the video where the dad retraces Trayvon's route?

I have listened to the 911 call a dozen and can not make out the words clearly, so I can not call it a racial slur, what I hear is punk (no race indicated) but people are going to hear what they want to hear.

I had to sign back in to reply. I was the one who originally brought the "racial slur" to the attention of this forum. I posted the call and told everyone to listen, that I was not going to tell anyone what I heard, but I wanted them to listen to it and tell me what they heard. I was getting private message after private message from people saying what they heard... but no one wanted to say it on the actual forum because of the nature of the word. I believe HiHater was the first person to actually say what was said on this forum.

There are people who think it says goon, and I'm willing to believe that when the FBI reveals the results of the enhancing, but imo, it is either c*** or goon.

I didn't just hear what I wanted to hear. I wish I never had to hear that word, but I've heard it plenty of times.

There is a time lapse and no one knows what happened? I know the complex had video cameras, but I don't know if they would have caught anything? I would have thought they would at least catch Trayvon entering the complex and if he really was standing by the clubhouse? The clubhouse usually has cameras?

I don't know if they'd have them on the actual buildings looking out into the spacious grass areas?

Total time from GZ making the 911 call to the fatal shot is aprox. 6 minutes. Not much time at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000