FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what it does for an ex bar room bouncer's manhood and self esteem to hear his Daddy get on national TV and tell the world that a skinny 17 year old child beat his son's azz?

And THEN, the next night, have his brother tell the world that one more punch and he'd a had to wear diapers?

Maybe his father and brother are desperate to try to save him? It would not surprise me if GZ is feeling pretty desperate and traumatized himself right now. I do feel compassion for him. I'm guessing he's always struggled to feel "as good as" and I don't think he saw himself as biased OR paranoid.

It's too bad the neighborhood HOA didn't have a different/ better way to deal with issues with children than calling 911, seriously. Did they really think putting GZ in charge was going to solve these things?

You know what I wish? I wish that Trayvon's parents, the moment they started getting conflicting answers, they should have grabbed a audio recorder and told whoever was in the room talking to them, "Look, I'm going to record this because I would like to have it on record."

Maybe everyone should get an audio recorder and anytime the police knock at your door and say "Are you (insert name)" hurry up, grab the recorder, tell them that you would like to record it... talk.

I am sad at the hating going on tonight. I enjoy discussing the case, but tonight it's about emotion. Have a good night everyone.

Interesting that a "Judge" made the decision on her immunity. No judge has been involved in Trayvon's case!

There was a recent change or added statute that says the police can't arrest someone without more or less being able to prove that is WASN'T self defense. Someone posted a link that had the new statutes last night. This law is IMO the reason GZ wasn't held.

No. I'm going to go post this again and see if it stays this time.

http://lcso.leonfl.org/news/010509UpdateHomicideArrest.pdf

The woman referenced in that case was not arrested until well over a year after the event, and only after the police finished their thorough investigation. I think I described it best with this post:

A woman shot and killed a man in his own home. The police were conducting a lengthy investigation, because they really only had her testimony to go on. In the meantime, during the investigation, she was not arrested because of the immunity afforded by the stand your ground law. It wasn't until a little over a year later that charges were actually filed. It seems like a pretty clear relation to me.

I keep hearing them say that the reason Zimmerman was not arrested was because he invoked the self-defense claim but I was reading earlier today about this lady in Tallahassee who shot and killed someone who came to her home where she felt threatened and she was arrested and kept in jail until the case came to trial, since 2008. The judge released her today during her trial as he stated that she was covered under the stand your ground law. So there is no reason whatsoever that Zimmerman was not arrested and held until such time it was proven in a court of law that he was innocent or guilty.

Link to article....
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/80750267.html

~jmo~

Ms. Broxsie was arrested more than 1 year after the shooting (2010) and has remained in jail until she was released. ShoNuff!

ETA: pull up a chair, take off your shoes and get comfortable, this may take a while, a long while!

The map at this post shows the body location and where I believe Zimmerman was initially parked as Tray walked down the street.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Thank you for that ConcernedPapa. Now I have another request for you if you don't mind to much. I know that I saw a post before where you had determined the distance and how long it would take for Trayvon to get from one point to another. Can you determine, based on the timeline and the dispatcher telling Zimmerman that he didn't need to follow Trayvon aproximately where Zimmerman was at that point in time? In other words, would he have been closer to his truck, to the condos in front of where Trayvon was shot or behind the condos and in the area where Trayvon was shot. Please and thank you, if you have the time and feel like working on it. If not, I understand and thank you for linking the photo for me. I'm trying to figure out if we can tell if Zimmerman continued following Trayvon after being told that he didn't need to or was he already in that area when he was told that. I'm posting the photo so that you won't have to go look for it yourself.

phpUyXHLAPM.jpg

DK RED - Songline

I am frankly confused as to why anyone is debating photos, or if Trayvon Martin fought with Zinmerman or not. The 911 calls clearly show that Zimmerman was in pursuit of an innocent 17 year old boy walking home from a convenience store. (Hence he was the aggressor)
NO...that is just the way you see it, Zimmerman had successfully had several people apprehended in the past for doing the wrong thing)[/COLOR

Though he was told to stop by the dispatcher, he continued to follow, frighten and then confront Trayvon. ( Again, a 17 innocent child walking home from a store.) NO he was told "we do not need you to do that" that does not mean that he cant legaly do it. They never sasi DO not do that.
TRAYVON MARTIN was the only one with the right to defend himself. Defend himself against a strange man who was following HIM and who confronted him! (Not the other way around.) I would certainly fight if I was chased by a stranger who wouldn’t let up and who then confronted me!!
That is an assumption. we do not know that as a fact. YES GZ was watching him, what happend we do not know.

Trayvon was trying to get away from Zimmerman, while Zimmerman was chasing Trayvon. What the hell gives him the right to pursue an innocent person and then claim self defense because that innocent, frightened person swung at them?
AGAIN GZ had succeeded in getting several people apprehended as a result of watching.
This is an outrage. What the hell has happened to common sense? Zimmerman is the aggressor period.
IMHO - The outrage is how the Law handled it
You can’t behave like that, while waving a gun around, MURDER SOMEONE,
We do not know about it being a murder then claim self defense because someone screamed for help and tried to resist being assaulted by you. WTF?!
I’m done with this forum. Seriously what is there to be said in this man’s defense?? How can so many raise questions? This smells like the Casey Anthony case all over again. I simply can’t believe this.

God bless Trayvon’s mother and father, what a travesty of justice. ARREST GEORGE ZIMMERMAN and pray to god the jury is not tricked into believing that Trayvon was the one who shouldn’t have fought back and deserved to be murdered.....God help us all. 
I AGREE

IT is sad that a young man is gone and his family has no answers,
It is sad that a civilized country can ever say that it is OK for 2 people to have a fight one come out dead
and the other comes out alive and there is no investigation. THAT IS A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE.
No matter how innocently an accident may happen it still has to be investigated, because not every man
left standing will be telling the truth. And not every dead men will have been innocent his own demise.
So an investigation should be a no brainer, regardless of how anyone pleads.
:moo:

Thank you for that ConcernedPapa. Now I have another request for you if you don't mind to much. I know that I saw a post before where you had determined the distance and how long it would take for Trayvon to get from one point to another. Can you determine, based on the timeline and the dispatcher telling Zimmerman that he didn't need to follow Trayvon aproximately where Zimmerman was at that point in time? In other words, would he have been closer to his truck, to the condos in front of where Trayvon was shot or behind the condos and in the area where Trayvon was shot. Please and thank you, if you have the time and feel like working on it. If not, I understand and thank you for linking the photo for me. I'm trying to figure out if we can tell if Zimmerman continued following Trayvon after being told that he didn't need to or was he already in that area when he was told that. I'm posting the photo so that you won't have to go look for it yourself.

phpUyXHLAPM.jpg

And where is the house where Trayvon was staying?

phpUyXHLAPM.jpg

This is what I don't get about this whole thing? George Zimmerman made it clear that Trayvon was walking towards him, but this map, Trayvon had no other choice but to walk towards him as that was the way to get home?

I find it odd that GZ is (for now) a victim, yet people are calling him a murderer and a racist.

I find it odd that GZ is (for now) a victim, yet people are calling him a murderer and a racist.

Well, he did shoot and kill someone and according to my hearing, he did call him a racial slur?

There was a recent change or added statute that says the police can't arrest someone without more or less being able to prove that is WASN'T self defense. Someone posted a link that had the new statutes last night. This law is IMO the reason GZ wasn't held.

Florida would be the perfect playground for a serial killer!

Ms. Broxsie was arrested more than 1 year after the shooting (2010) and has remained in jail until she was released. ShoNuff!

ETA: pull up a chair, take off your shoes and get comfortable, this may take a while, a long while!

Thanks Isabelle. I meant to go back and edit my post to 2010 instead of 2008 but by the time I realized it, I couldn't edit it any longer.

Anyway, I foresee an arrest of Zimmerman a whole lot sooner than Ms. Broxsie. I have a feeling we will all be pleasantly surprised at what happens in the coming week or 2. The new prosecutor stated the other day that she did not foresee needing a grand jury to hear the case on April 10th IIRC.

~jmo~

Sharpton threatening "civil disobedience" if GZ not arrested. Ridiculous. Didn't realize TM's parents brought Sharpton in to "nationalize" the story.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-national-action-network-national-association

If it was my child I'd bring whoever I thought I could to get answers and if it meant taking it national to get attention paid to my child's case I would call everyone listed in the phonebook across the country if I had to

eta I'd call Barney the Dinosaur if I felt it would help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member