17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably wouldn't have attacked him though.

I would not, that is correct....but if he came at me I'd dang well fight back. as the poster I quoted said, I sure hope I got a few hits in before < mod snip> dude with gun killed me.

the whole situation with the girlfriend I just don't get. If my bf was being followed and then I can't get a hold of him, you better believe I would calling around asking some ??'s

She is a young girl, not an adult. How would she know who to call and what to say. Had she called SPD certainly they would have blown her off!

If Martin was back-up in the rain, I would imagine his back was wet, regardless. JMO

I think the point being made was the "grass". Was there any wet grass on TM's back to show he fell backwards? We don't know how TM got on his stomach but I doubt he was able to roll over with his hands beneath him. Be interesting to see what GZ told LE. jmo

TALLAHASSEE — The shooting of Trayvon Martin has brought an avalanche of criticism directed at Florida's "stand your ground" law.

Yet the controversial 2005 law was just one of dozens of pro-gun laws that have gotten their start in Florida — forging the state's "Gunshine" reputation — before spreading to other parts of the country.

Lobbying for passage of such laws has been the powerful National Rifle Association.

"The NRA has been a victim of their own success," said Dan Gelber, a Miami Beach lawyer who fought many of the gun expansion laws as a legislator in the 2000s. "They've won every big issue, so they're left trying to fight over fringe issues. Lots of elected officials are afraid to cross them."

(snip)

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/article1223017.ece#

And would TM have run up to GZ or continue to run away from him? Did TM find a hiding spot that GZ came upon? Why did GZ ask that LE call him for his location? Why not just wait at a predetermined spot?

I'm so on the fence about all of this.
On the fence too, these splinters are awful!!!
I hope we can really get to the truth

He didn't break the law but he directly disoberyed instructions from the dispatcher.

And before everyone starts jumping in with how it wasn't a direct command, yada, yada... Anyone with a lick of common sense would have understood exactly what the dispatcher meant. Even a two year old would understand this. I'm not being snarky by saying that either. It sounds exactly how one would talk to a two year old. "You don't need to be doing that, sweetie." And the two year old would understand you meant for them to stop.

MOO
Do we know for a fact that GZ disregarded the dispatchers suggestion to not follow TM?

Does an Iphone have earpugs that You can plug either earphones or earbuds into?

I think the point being made was the "grass". Was there any wet grass on TM's back to show he fell backwards? We don't know how TM got on his stomach but I doubt he was able to roll over with his hands beneath him. Be interesting to see what GZ told LE. jmo

Why is it unlikely he could roll over while clutching the gunshot wound?

Why is Tracy Martin only telling about the first encounter and not the second one?

I would think the autopsy would detail that information, but we don't have it and it makes me very suspicious.

I wonder if the battery went dead on TM's phone. Inconvenient timeing for sure. The police didn't try to find out who he was so maybe the phone was dead.Well, of course it could have been damaged during the fight or whatever took place there.

Apparently not, since his phone received two calls AFTER his death from the SPD. I guess this sort of quells the broken phone theory as well.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7735372&postcount=1085"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9[/ame]

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

He was convicted of assault on LE, but the record was allegedly expunged once he completed a diversion program. That's not the same thing as having charges dropped, nor is it the same thing as being declared not guilty.

He wasn't convicted. If TM did assault GZ, he had a propensity for violence.

Why is Tracy Martin only telling about the first encounter and not the second one?

Because that's what LE told him and he doesn't believe them! I don't blame him one bit.

this...all this what you said....if it had been me instead of trayvon, no one would be here talking about this because I'm a small white female, GZ would be in the pokey where he belongs.

all these facts.... tell them to yourself changing "trayvon martin" to "white female" and you can start to see how absolutely LUDICROUS it is to be doodling about with this stupid self defense idea. JMO IMO MOO :moo:

BBM

I'm not so sure about that. It was reported just today that the prosecutor wants a special grand jury to investigate the fatal shooting of Patricia Cook, a 54-year old white woman who was killed by a cop. She was shot in early February. It took them almost two months to finally make this decision and they still have not released the name of the officer who killed her. Although I guess you're right about no one talking about it. The Patricia Cook case isn't even a blip on the national radar.

:waitasec:

What does California have to do with crimes committed in Florida?

Because that's where Zimmerman lived when he assaulted a police officer. Hence, he has demonstrated a propensity for violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew