17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tend to think TM was mad as heck that GZ dared to question him...and that's why he escalated the situation into violence, unaware that GZ had a gun.
I think so too.

She is a young girl, not an adult. How would she know who to call and what to say. Had she called SPD certainly they would have blown her off!
"blown her off"?? She must not have been too alarmed though.

I don't care if Zimmerman doesn't have any convictions for his past violent acts. The fact is, they happened.

Not every woman calls the police on their boyfriend/husband when they beat the living snot out of them... doesn't mean the men are not violent?

Rape victims don't always report their rapes? Doesn't make the man any less a rapist?

He wasn't convicted. If TM did assault GZ, he had a propensity for violence.

He was convicted. I'm sorry if you choose to believe otherwise.

No documented history of violence for TM.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...h/2012/03/28/gIQA6MKhhS_story.html?tid=pm_pop

This just rings untrue to me for some reason. IDK, I have no experience of gunshot victims who die in short order before the paramedics arrive but I find it unlikely that they utter "you got me" while falling backward.

I'd expect something less articulate. This sounds like a bad movie script.

There's a line like this in pretty much every Louis L'Amour book I've ever read. The hero confronts the bad guy or vice versa. They both reach. The hero is faster. "You got me." Says the bad guy with surprise and grudging respect.

?? are you saying the video has been doctored to add an injury?

On the SPD website the tapes in segments are put up. If you take a screenshot at the same point NBC did, and then enlarge it, you can easily see the wound on his head. I did this and took a screenshot on my computer - if I could lighten it, you would probably be able to see it the same as the photo NBC is showing.

picture.php
[/IMG]​

After being spanked for editing the 911 call, I highly doubt they would doctor a picture, JMO.

Nothing has been photoshopped. Nothing has been "doctored". All they did was adjust the light balance, which makes any darker area appear darker.

The fact is, the officer does not have a magic marker dark line outlining his head and Zimmerman does not have an oozing, deep gash on the back of his head, in the original tape. In the original, I see nothing on the back of his head at all, except in some angles when there may be a tiny bit of shadowing which could be from the way his head is shaped, dirt, or a bruise. When you adjust light balance, any hint of a deeper color for whatever reason, becomes something other than it is.

Again, if Zimmerman was significantly injured, we will see, because surely the police would have photographed his injuries. He was arrested and processed and interviewed. He stated he was being attacked and an officer looks at the back of his head in the video. The police report indicates that medics offered first aid. An investigator wanted him charged and the state attorney got out of bed at night and came down to the station. There are photographs.

Why haven't they been leaked, is my question?

That is correct. The police officer dropped the charges at the DA level hummmm....sorry lost my train of thought for a sec.....anyway, the officer dropped the charges and for all we know they could have shook hands and Officer Friendly may have said, hey, it's okay guy I probably had it coming. I could see that happening. Even playing it over and over, it could see it happening. jmo
The charges weren't just dropped. Zimmerman went through a pre-trial diversion program that's common for first time offenders. I'm not sure where anyone with a legal background and experience with the Florida judicial system has suggested this is out of the norm.

MSN has also shown a live shot of FBI moving around the area!

That's such good news, even if it has taken them forever to get there. From this they can figure out what people might have heard and seen from various places, and whether Zimmerman's story makes any sense at all.

Because that's where Zimmerman lived when he assaulted a police officer. Hence, he has demonstrated a propensity for violence.
Where did you get this from? He lived in Virginia and then Florida. The records show up in the Orange County, Florida court records.

:waitasec:

How so we know Zimmerman didn't hit his head elsewhere, working in his garage, in the house, etc? Looks like more of they type injury one would get by hitting the head on shelves or a bookcase!

That's such good news, even if it has taken them forever to get there. From this they can figure out what people might have heard and seen from various places, and whether Zimmerman's story makes any sense at all.

I know. Hopefully FBI will also interview residents.

There's a line like this in pretty much every Louis L'Amour book I've ever read. The hero confronts the bad guy or vice versa. They both reach. The hero is faster. "You got me." Says the bad guy with surprise and grudging respect.

Nothing has been photoshopped. Nothing has been "doctored". All they did was adjust the light balance, which makes any darker area appear darker.

The fact is, the officer does not have a magic marker dark line outlining his head and Zimmerman does not have an oozing, deep gash on the back of his head, in the original tape. In the original, I see nothing on the back of his head at all, except in some angles when there may be a tiny bit of shadowing which could be from the way his head is shaped, dirt, or a bruise. When you adjust light balance, any hint of a deeper color for whatever reason, becomes something other than it is.

Again, if Zimmerman was significantly injured, we will see, because surely the police would have photographed his injuries. He was arrested and processed and interviewed. He stated he was being attacked and an officer looks at the back of his head in the video. The police report indicates that medics offered first aid. An investigator wanted him charged and the state attorney got out of bed at night and came down to the station. There are photographs.

Are you saying he has no injuries on the back of his head then? Why did the cop purposely look back there then, for at least 3-5 seconds?

The fact is, the officer does not have a magic marker dark line outlining his head and Zimmerman does not have an oozing, deep gash on the back of his head, in the original tape. In the original, I see nothing on the back of his head at all, except in some angles when there may be a bit of shadowing which could be from the way his head is shaped, dirt, or a bruise. When you adjust light balance, any hint of a deeper color fro whatever reason, becomes something other than it is.

It could be a big mole for all we know. Or it could be some of Trayvon's blood depending on how close he was when he shot.

It could literally be anything, or just a shadow. He used to be a bouncer - it could even be an old scar that is in shadow.

How so we know Zimmerman didn't hit his head elsewhere, working in his garage, in the house, etc? Looks like more of they type injury one would get by hitting the head on shelves or a bookcase!

We don't, didn't the report mention the back of head injury though? If it was an old injury, wouldn't LE be able tell that right away?

All this talk about the head wounds is irrelevant. Don't we all agree there was a scuffle? Eyewitness testimony supports that there was. The question is, did TM just come up and punch GZ or did GZ put his hands on TM first, to hold him for police.

And even this is arguably irrelevant.

If GZ has the right to use lethal force against an unarmed person and claim self defense, then TM has the right to also use force to defend himself, particularly against someone stalking him at night.

The second that Zimmerman decided to follow this kid he INITIATED the conflict. His actions from that moment forward would cause any reasonable person (even someone armed) to feel afraid. For all TM knew, he was being hunted by a serial killer or gang member or rapist or racist, but one thing he was likely sure of is that the guy following him intended to do him harm. And in this he was correct.

Zimmerman, an adult with a car and a gun, was scared of this kid he was following. How much more frightened would this unarmed boy be. Zimmerman could have left off the pursuit at ANY time, this boy never had this option.

< mod snip >

Zimmerman forfeited his right to claim self defense the moment he got out of his car.

And even this is arguably irrelevant.

If GZ has the right to use lethal force against an unarmed person and claim self defense, then TM has the right to also use force to defend himself, particularly against someone stalking him at night.

The second that Zimmerman decided to follow this kid he INITIATED the conflict. His actions from that moment forward would cause any reasonable person (even someone armed) to feel afraid. For all TM knew, he was being hunted by a serial killer or gang member or rapist or racist, but one thing he was likely sure of is that the guy following him intended to do him harm. And in this he was correct.

Zimmerman, an adult with a car and a gun, was scared of this kid he was following. How much more frightened would this unarmed boy be. Zimmerman could have left off the pursuit at ANY time, this boy never had this option.

< mod snip >

Zimmerman forfeited his right to claim self defense the moment he got out of his car.
Unfortunately, the law disagrees with you. JMO

The Federal government may come up with of a criminal charge concerning the Trayvon
Martin case because Zimmerman appears to have had little probable cause for following
a kid with Ice tea who was on the phone with his girlfriend and was not in the act of committing a crime. It was a mistake to pick on this kid in the first place.
Have any of you ever been suspected of committing a crime that you did not do just because of your skin color or your clothes? This is creepy. It's scary! It will make you angry when it happens to you.

Why is it unlikely he could roll over while clutching the gunshot wound?

If he died instantly that would not have happened. I would expect with the pain he experience from the shot if he could still move and landed lying flat on his back he would have rolled over onto his side and pulled up his legs. It's just a natural reflex action. Now if he were trying to get away from GZ and started to get partly up and GZ shot TM, he could have turned and fallen on his stomach with his hands underneath. If that bullet hit his lung, too, there is no way he rolled on his stomach.

Where is our nurse on duty here??? lol jmo

The screams are very confusing to me, and thats my opinion. When I hear them it sounds like a young boy, but its seems to be the sounds of someone being hurt. Trayvon, they say didn't have any signs on him that he was in fight. My reasons for being confused.

I believe TM was pleading for his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member