TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if her suicide wasn't specifically on 12/24. That description sounds pretty vague.

The SSDI has her death date as 12-24-10, as does her obit. She had a family when she died, and a business. She seems to have been a respectable member of her community.

Something MUST have happened in her previous life that caused her to run and hide. Her life choices after her identity change lead me to believe something was done TO her, not something that she did. IMO.

Don't worry Anne! I have no desire to reinvent myself. :crazy:

Here is the side-by-side of Bridget and the UID

4d1ec5b5ad112.preview-300.jpg

They do resemble each other. Bridget Jefferson was a victim of homicide who died about a week after our UID, aka "LR."

They do resemble each other. Bridget Jefferson was a victim of homicide who died about a week after our UID, aka "LR."

At what point would we be able to put info for LR on here? Do we need to get LE to agree that it's really her first, or will it never be an option because the 2 haven't been publicly connected. It's obviously her.

I agree that there is a resemblance, but Bridget's face is longer and with a higher forehead.

I wish we could post side-by-sides of LR with the UID. This case is just fascinating to me. I agree with mamashawn that something must have happened to her in her previous life to cause her to go into hiding and take on a new identity.

Assuming "LR" is the person who committed suicide in Dec 2010 as mentioned in NamUS, that means we are looking for a person who vanished prior to 1988. Her birth date, could be as early as 1966. So that's only 22 years we need to cover. :eek:

Now seriously, this case as grabbed my attention, but where do we go from here? Does anybody have any suggestions?

I checked the SSA website and their online investigations articles only go back to about last July. No mention of any people who committed suicide that they were trying to identify.

At what point would we be able to put info for LR on here? Do we need to get LE to agree that it's really her first, or will it never be an option because the 2 haven't been publicly connected. It's obviously her.

My question exactly CherBear. What can we do to get that connection recognized but without hurting the family? Seems impossible. Maybe take the discussion out of the public forum?

I kind of think she is "LR", just because of the obit. It's rather strange that only her husband's family is mentioned. I just don't see how the LE thinks their going to solve this issue with the few fact's they've released.:banghead:

My question exactly CherBear. What can we do to get that connection recognized but without hurting the family? Seems impossible. Maybe take the discussion out of the public forum?

Can one of the mods give us some guidance on this please? Thanks!

I think we could narrow the search years to 1984-1988. That will give us fewer faces to search. I have a feeling she ran away from some type of criminal past, why else would she be so insistent on changing her name at 18? Although fingerprints would give that away. Strike that thought!

Maybe she wasn't really 18 when she got the SS #. Maybe her real age was older??? Ugh...this is making me crazy!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I think we could narrow the search years to 1984-1988. That will give us fewer faces to search. I have a feeling she ran away from some type of criminal past, why else would she be so insistent on changing her name at 18? Although fingerprints would give that away. Strike that thought!

Maybe she wasn't really 18 when she got the SS #. Maybe her real age was older??? Ugh...this is making me crazy!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I don't think that she was running away from a criminal past. It is more likely that she was a victim of criminal activity and felt the need to start a new life. That is not an easy thing, especially if you are only 18 years old. I suspect that she had something really horrible that she was running away from.

It's okay to discuss LR here just as long as you use links and do not bring her family into it whatsoever. I'm glad you are using initials!

I know what you mean. I just get the feeling that this could be impossible to try to figure out who she is. She could of left her past and started over for any number of reasons, who knows. I'm really new at this. So maybe that is why this seems so impossible!

So...just to clarify? We can link to photos of and articles about LR as long as we keep family names out of things and use initials? I was kind of worried about posting the (now defunct) business name and the name of the town where she last lived.

eta: is it just my browser or is that town's local paper's archive search function not working? I found a random issue online and it had all kinds of stuff in it. Like the fact that someone found a snake out in front of the library one day. So one would think that this would have been pretty big news.

I assume if the UID was in the federal witness protection program, Social Security would not be publicly investigating her. Is this a safe assumption?

I hope I am doing this correctly as far as using initials and such, but in the mid-aughts I did mystery shopping, the legitimate stuff where you don't pay to get a shopping assignment and you fill out your reports online. I found these mentions of LR's former company, AEFD, online:

On this blog from 2005, she's listed as a recruiter for AEFD, which appears to have been some type of mystery shopping company:

http://allysgoodies.blogspot.com/2005/08/mystery-shopping-mock-jury-duty.html

There's also a brief mention (again, from late 2004/early 2005) of AEFD on Volition.com, a site and messageboard for mystery shoppers/store merchandisers, and other independent contractor types:

http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24529&SearchTerms=an,eye,for,detail

AEFD apparently also recruited participants in paid medical research studies/clinical trials. Again, from 2005:

http://allysgoodies.blogspot.com/2005/09/190-fine-wrinkling-study-carrollton.html

And from 2008:

http://mysteryshoppersleuth.com/mystery-shopper-specialty/mystery-shopping-report-requirements/

Her business may likely have had no physical presence and existed mostly online, and she may have worked as a scheduler to connect and recruit potential mystery shoppers with the companies that needed a location shopped.

Do you find this odd?

The person has been unidentified for over 1 year. Namus states "DNA sample available, not yet submitted". Wouldn't running that DNA sample through a database be a logical starting point in an investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get