17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GZ is successful in his SYG defense he CAN NOT be sued for civil damages. It's part of the legislation that made SYG law here in FL. There's no civil liability for him.

The HOA will carry the full burden of the civil suits that will surely be filed.

Think the gun manufacturer could also be liable, if GZ claims it malfunctioned? There is quite a bit of info on the gun on the internet and it's not real good.

JMO, this is so not a big deal. Special prosecutor continues to work. CNN, MSNBC has mentioned on multiple occasions Corey is not a fan of grand juries. She prefers to do the work and make the decision, herself.

JMO, I think this moves us one step closer to an arrest. Corey can keep her case close to the vest, and doesn't have to worry about (accidental???) leaks from grand jurors. Yea, I know they are supposed to be quiet...but...

I take it this investigation could go on for a very very long time?

What I think is ironic is FT never mentioned an arrest and the media put it out there that on Feb. 2nd some black men were arrested for breaking into FT's home. So which is true? Someone was spotted looking at FT's home or there was an actual arrest??? jmo

No there was no arrest. Taafe wasn't even there, GZ told him he 'thwarted' a break in.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/03/justice/florida-teen-shooting-burglaries/index.html

I've always wondered if this supposed break in attempt seen by GZ was another boy who dared to be walking and looking about.

JMHO

So, Corey is going to take this heat all by herself. Kudos. But I fear for her. Regardless of what her decision is - she is going to have people after her and that's scary.

I really thought she would have used the GJ - if just to take that heat off her and her family. GJ's are average citizens, so why not let them decide.

This is one brave woman.

JMHO

If GZ is successful in his SYG defense he CAN NOT be sued for civil damages. It's part of the legislation that made SYG law here in FL. There's no civil liability for him.

The HOA will carry the full burden of the civil suits that will surely be filed.

I don't know how the HOA can be sued if his SYG defense is successful - please explain!

Also, did you see the post I put up last night with Brandi and Tracy? I'm very confused by where they appear to be standing and indicating where TM was shot. TIA

where did you hear this? Which network?

ETA: nevermind - found it MSNBC

talking about it now. GZ has exercised his right to remain silent. Don't know if initial interview (the night of) was video taped by SPD.

SPD will be temporarily closed today.

:what:

I don't know how the HOA can be sued if his SYG defense is successful - please explain!

Also, did you see the post I put up last night with Brandi and Tracy? I'm very confused by where they appear to be standing and indicating where TM was shot. TIA
The HOA could be sued for wrongful death.

The HOA allowed GZ to be NWC and since he misued his "position" by carrying a gun - the HOA was neglient in having a person like that there. Make any sense?

JMHO

NO Grand Jury, to me, means there will be arrest and charges.

I sincerely hope you're right, but I've also seen crazy things happen in Florida, aka the Casey Anthony verdict. There's no telling what is going to happen.

So, Corey is going to take this heat all by herself. Kudos. But I fear for her. Regardless of what her decision is - she is going to have people after her and that's scary.

I really thought she would have used the GJ - if just to take that heat off her and her family. GJ's are average citizens, so why not let them decide.

This is one brave woman.

JMHO

She's got the best when it comes to investigators - whatever decision she makes will be well thought out. I feel confident, whether or not there's an arrest, she will make the right decision. JMO

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/lawyers-gunman-george-zimmerman-say-hell-speak-out/nMTkN/
Sources to WFTV: George Zimmerman will be arrested this week
Two sources told WFTV on Monday that gunman George Zimmerman will be arrested this week, and that a Grand Jury will not meet on Tuesday.
Zimmerman has been in hiding because of threats, after he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. He claims he shot Martin in self-defense.

That sounds about right with what GZ's attorneys said this morning that they plan to meet with him later this week. jmo

The HOA allowed GZ to be NWC and since he misued his "position" by carrying a gun - the HOA was neglient in having a person like that there. Make any sense?

JMHO

Additionally there had been a recent meeting at which residents had complained about Zimmerman's over bearing tactics and actions, and the HOA did not-- to our knowledge at least-- formally notify him to cease and desist in his activities. If they DID do that, then everything will be quite a different scenario.

jmo

JMHO

You are spot on. jmo

......for what reason is SPD temporarily closed today? ODD IMO. TIA

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics